Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies and magic. (All years)

Go down 
+9
Violet Lynch
Carly Waters
Joe Astrid
Stacy Mistle
Mavis Benrik
October Faileng
Louise Grey
Jacoby Windsor
Idella Birral
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 3:31 am

After giving the teacher an odd look Louise found the video camera on her desk and made quick work of setting it up to record and smiled as she looked at the small screen and pressed the red button. She moved around the class till she got to Josh's desk then pointed it at his face. "And here is the Wild Murray in it's natural habitat, not known for being a very social animal one can often find the alpha male brooding in a corner somewhere or out flying over the Quidditch pitch." She did her best David Attenborough impression and looked over the top of the camera to see his reaction, and hopefully know when to duck out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:13 am

Violet put down her camera and scribbled her name on it before following the Professor's instructions and then picked up the camcorder. She (obviously) knew how to use one, so she switched it on and pressed the 'record' button to begin filming. Bored with being by herself, she looked about for someone she knew (or at least had spoken to beforehand) and saw Thana, the girl from the Shrieking Shack. She walked over to her, the camera still rolling, and saw she was drawing "Whatcha drawing?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:17 pm

"And here is the Wild Murray in it's natural habitat, not known for being a very social animal one can often find the alpha male brooding in a corner somewhere or out flying over the Quidditch pitch."

"I don't brood in corners, Grey." Josh muttered, only just looking up enough to see the camera. "You should know that by now. Though, the rest is relatively accurate." He admitted, picking up his own camera and holding it up to the witch without realising he needed to press buttons, or take off the lens cap.

"And this specimen is the Grey. The Grey is the most annoying mammal on the planet, who has the habit of turning up when I don't want her to. And still not getting the message." Josh shot back, looking up to her with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Louise grinned and quickly reached around Josh's camera and pressed the record button for him. "The wild Josh here seems to be having trouble working a simple muggle device, perhaps the wild Grey could be of assistance. If he asks nicely." She shot back, unable to keep from grinning at him. "Besides, if I was that annoying I'm sure you'd leave me levitating on a ceiling somewhere."

Back to top Go down
Joe Astrid
Graduate
Graduate
Joe Astrid

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Joe had kept his position behind his desk, snapping pictures of hardly anything. There wasn't anything that caught his eye, really. The odd group of flowers outside, a classmate laughing or smiling. Everything else was irrelevant. He scrawled his first name on the back of the camera when instructed to, though he didn't really need any of the photographs he'd taken in the course of the lesson.

None of them were important to him.

They were then told to use the camcorders, and Joe honestly couldn't think of anything worse. He'd actually have to walk around. From what he could see, Josh Murray was enjoying using the cameras more than he was, and that was saying something if the Slytherin's attitude at the beginning had been anything to go by. Nonetheless, he hopped up to sit on the desk, removing the lens cap and pressing record. He murmured mindlessly to himself almost silently as he faced the camcorder towards the ground, not really caring what he was saying.

"I don't belong here. I don't deserve to be here. I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going and damn, I'm scared. All I have to live through is two more years, though, and then I'm free. I guess..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:32 pm

"The wild Josh here seems to be having trouble working a simple muggle device, perhaps the wild Grey could be of assistance. If he asks nicely."

"Muggle devices are stupid." Josh replied, looking as a red light came on next to the words REC. That, was interesting. "And, if the teacher doesn't show us how to use these things, how am I supposed to know?" Josh asked, looking over the top of his camera at Louise with a raised eyebrow.

"Besides, if I was that annoying I'm sure you'd leave me levitating on a ceiling somewhere."

"Perhaps I'll fill the film?" Josh looked to Louise for confirmation before continuing. "With you screaming my name to put you down. That should be a few hours, right?" Josh asked, smirking to himself before a familiar Hufflepuff caught his eye. Pitiful, was the only word for Joe Astrid, absolutely pitiful. Turning his attention back to Louise, he used the zoom button.

"Oh look, Grey has started puberty, she has a pimple under her nose. You do know how to wash, right Grey?" Josh asked, letting out a small, dark laugh.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:42 am

"They don't have magic so they make things to make their live easier. Can you really blame them for trying? I think Professor Birral knew there are students here who know how to use these. Teachers aren't the only people you learn from."

She huffed at his thoughts on filming her stuck to the ceiling, but didn't comment though when he made a jab at the small spot under her nose she just gave him an 'I'm tired of your crap' look. "Very funny, not everyone gets to go through puberty on a magnificent unicorn Josh." She quickly flicked his nose to get him to stop laughing at her. "I take my hygiene very seriously thank you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:58 am

"I know teachers aren't the only people you can learn from, Grey. But they are supposed to teach." Josh replied, shaking his head at her defending a Mudblood of all things.

"Very funny, not everyone gets to go through puberty on a magnificent unicorn Josh."

The words, accompanied with a flick to his nose made Josh stop laughing at the witch before him. "Did Miss Sheridan not teach you about these things yet?" Josh asked, raising an eyebrow. Some lessons Josh could see had been implemented, but apparently the looks being perfect talk hadn't risen just yet. "I guess you'll get that one soon." Josh added as an after thought.

"I take my hygiene very seriously thank you."

"I'm sure." Josh commented dryly, zooming out with the camera. "Just make sure you keep it up. A lady is never grubby, after al." The Slytherin surmised, lowering his camera and pressing the REC button to stop it from recording.

"But in seriousness, Grey. How long do these things take videos for?" Josh asked, a plan already formulating in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:35 am

"Noted. I'll see if she has anything to stop breakouts." She spoke quietly, then when he asked how long the cameras recorded for she checked the stats on the side of the device. "The battery can last four hours but the memory can hold up to eight hours of video, or several smaller videos." She looked back at him. "Do I really want to know what you're planning, or should I pretend you never asked?" She asked him, half teasing half serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:43 am

"The battery can last four hours but the memory can hold up to eight hours of video, or several smaller videos."

Taking in that information, Josh nodded. "So how do I make the batteries last long enough to get eight hours of film?" The boy asked, looking for a clue on the camera. So many weird symbols and buttons, it was all quite overwhelming to be honest.

"Do I really want to know what you're planning, or should I pretend you never asked?"

"It doesn't involve you, Grey. That's all you need to know." Josh replied, putting the barriers of his life back up between them in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Idella Birral
Unsorted
Idella Birral

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:44 am

Idella collected the cameras and placed them in envelopes, she would have the photos delivered to her students as soon as they were developed. She took a look around the class quite happy to see the students having a go, some teaching the others. This is how she liked it, she suspected they weren't used to doing this sort of thing, the purebloods anyway and any halfblood raised in the magical world.

She double checked the time and whistled to get everyone's attention. "I'm very pleased with you all. Ten points for everyone for participating in today's lesson, minus five from Slytherin for the smoking camera on the floor there." She looked at Josh but didn't seem particularly angry. "Please try not to destroy next lesson's props if you please Mister Murray. Now then Homework is very simple, you each can take those cameras with you and I'd like you to either film your selves or each other, and talk for three minutes to the camera about anything you like, so long as it's tasteful. Your favorite subjects, what you'd like to do after leaving school, anything like that. Then next lesson we can show them to the class, or I'll mark them in private if you don't wish to show. We can then move on to other things. Right then off you pop."

Idella dismissed them all and banished the broken camera to the bin at the back of the room and turned to put away the disposable cameras she had been handed.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:47 am

Louise frowned at that but sighed before answering his question anyway. "Either charge it but The Professor hasn't given us the charging cables. Or use another battery, it looks like you have to open the bottom part here and remove the black thing just there. You put another one in from another camera I suppose."

The whistle got Lou's attention and she looked over at the professor, listening to the homework assignment and making a quick note of it. She went back to her desk to collect her things and gave a strange look at Josh, concern, confusion and worry seemed to be the main part of the expression.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:02 am

As Louise explained about batteries, Josh nodded slightly before packing the camera in to his bag. Where he'd get more batteries was a mystery, but he could try, he supposed.

As the class was dismissed, losing five points for himself that were trivial at best, Josh picked up his bag, and headed for the door without another comment to Louise. There wasn't really much to say, and he most definitely didn't wish to divulge his plans. Not yet, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:32 am

She set down the camcorder after growing bored with it and waited for Professor Birral to dismiss them. The lesson had been as she expected, a complete bludge, with no new information to Violet. That was definitely expected. She picked up her bag and walked out, feeling neutrally content with the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:58 am

"Hi. Uhm, could you please help me with this?"

"Of course," she said. She set her camera down and went about helping him. She showed him the different buttons on the camcorder and explained their functions, explained that it recorded things. Almost like paintings, except the footage could be replayed. By the time she had finished, the teacher had dismissed them from class "Hey, I've got to run," she said to Tristan "See you later," she smiled and then picked up her bag before she headed out of the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:46 am

When the Professor dismissed them, Cassidy switched off the camera and placed it back on the table. She'd had a fun time, even if the task was so simple, it was fun. She quite enjoyed taking photos, and filming. She found the whole time to be nice and relaxing. She picked up her bag and headed out for her next class.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:03 am

Thana had placed her camera back, and was sitting down when they were dismissed. So far this class was ....interesting, Thana couldn't wait to get back to her own dorm. Her own Camera, these ones were ice. But she liked her own Camera. "See you Professor" she said walking out, it had been an interesting lesson, she was slightly amused to have seen Josh not do so well in class. She just smiled inwardly and left, going to the library.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies and magic. (All years)   Movies and magic. (All years) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies and magic. (All years)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3