Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charms (1st-3rd years)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms (1st-3rd years) Empty
PostSubject: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Katherine was highly excited to be back for the new year for school, the blonde loved teaching and she was going to have new students mixed with her old ones. The blonde walked into her classroom and saw that her classroom was in fact that same way she left it the year before. That was good for her. Katherine took a seat at her desk in the front of the class and looked to make sure she had everything she needed. Their lesson would be on Arresto Momentum, it was a useful charm that she knew her students would like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:37 pm

It was his third and final lesson of the day, and he frankly couldn't wait. Brooke had asked to meet him later, and he was looking forward to seeing her. Entering the class, he mumbled another greeting and sat down in the last row.

"Arresto Momentum" was written on the board, and he sighed as he removed a notebook and quill from his bag. Not knowing what else to do, he began to doodle while he waited for the class to begin.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:02 am

Charms was an alright class. Not too good, not too shabby, in her opinion. But it did have some pretty cool things to learn. As Violet entered, she noticed that a Slytherin boy was sitting up the back. She preferred up the back, it usually meant no one would sit next to her. And now, she wouldn't have that, because he was there. Sighing, she took a seat at the opposite end, one row in front, and gave a nod to the teacher.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:27 am

Tash made her way to the charms classroom happily. She enjoyed charms. In fact, she rather enjoyed all of her classes. She found them all to intrigue her, and helped her improve her magic skills. She took a seat in the classroom, acknowledging the Professor with a polite greeting, and waited to begin the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:54 am

Skye walked into Charms, he wasn't the best at this class, but he didn't completely stink. Skye took a seat and set all his things for notes out. He wrote the spell they would be learning on his paper and waited for class to start.
Skye nodded to the teacher as he waited.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Her class looked better then it did last year, it had more students that were ready to learn. Katherine waited to see if anyone else would come after the Hufflepuff boy and when no one did, she decided it would be best just to start class. "Welcome back to a new year at Hogwarts, I hope you had a great summer. Today our lesson will be on Arresto Momentum. Can anyone tell me what that is?" Katherine waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Hesitantly Skye answered
"It slows the momentum or movement of an object, right?" He wasn't familiar with the spell, but the encantation honestly just sounded like that's what it would do.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:21 am

"Welcome back to a new year at Hogwarts, I hope you had a great summer. Today our lesson will be on Arresto Momentum. Can anyone tell me what that is?"

"Slow motion charm isn't it?" Violet answered without raising her hand "People use it to slow falls. Slow falls mean less impact, meaning they won't die. Simple" she said "Always good to learn charms that will help you not become dead." she added. She hoped that this lesson would be interesting, and that the methods for learning the spell would be fun too.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Katherine listened to one of her students reply and then another student add onto the answer. Katherine had to admit she was glad that her students were picking up on her lessons quickly. "Correct both of you, Skye make sure add a little more to explanations, but other then that points to Hufflepuff for both of you. So today we will be covering this spell. I will be throwing an object and its your job to stop its fall before it hits the ground" Katherine explained. She conjured up a ladder and grabbed a hard cover book and climbed to the top of the ladder.

"The first person up to perform the spell will be Violet. I want you to remain calm and not think to much of it. Pretend this book is something you love or someone you love, I want you to say the incantation Arresto Momentum and stop the fall" Katherine explained to the Hufflepuff girl. Katherine let the book fall from her hands.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:43 am

"The first person up to perform the spell will be Violet. I want you to remain calm and not think to much of it. Pretend this book is something you love or someone you love, I want you to say the incantation Arresto Momentum and stop the fall"

"Piece of cake," she said as she stepped forward, drawing her wand. She watched the Professor drop the book from the ladder. She needed to be quick. And she needed to aim right. She also needed to get the book while it was higher, so the professor could see that her spell was right. The thoughts ran through her mind quickly and she said the spell "Arresto Momentum," she cast. The spell flew forward and hit the book. Immediately, the book began to slow its descent to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Katherine couldn't help but be proud of her student from Hufflepuff. Katherine knew that Violet had a lot of potential and this just proved how much she actually had. "Good job Violet, next up to do this will be... Tristan" Katherine let her eyes land on the Slytherin boy. Katherine pulled out her wand and pointed it at the book laying on the ground. "Accio book" she caught the book with ease. "Now Tristan, follow the same instructions I gave to Violet and you will do great" Katherine said before she dropped the book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:15 am

Tristan paid attention to everything that was happening, although he didn't contribute. When their Professor explained the lesson, he sunk lower in his chair, hoping that he wouldn't be called upon. Thankfully, it was a Hufflepuff girl, and he watched her successfully slow the book down.

"Good job Violet, next up to do this will be... Tristan"

Crap. He fished for his wand and stood up, walking to the front of the class. He reached Professor Harrisson and looked up at her, pointing his wand towards the book.

"Now Tristan, follow the same instructions I gave to Violet and you will do great"

He tried to remember what she had said earlier, about imagining the book to be someone he cared about. That part was easy - Brooke would be an obvious choice - but it was the spell that worried him. Trying to focus, he saw her let go of the book and saw it fall.

"A-a-arresto M-m-mentum," he stuttered, unprepared. He watched the book hit the ground with a loud thud and he stared at it for a few seconds before slowly looking back up at his Professor. "I'm sorry," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:26 am

Katherine gave Tristan a smile and shook it off. "Don't worry Tristan, no one is perfect and you will have plenty of time to master the spell. Just keep practicing and you will do great. Now I would say give it another go but this class has officially run out of time and I apologize for those who did not get a chance to give it a go. Just practice the spell when you're free and that would be your only homework from me. Now I hope to see you back for my class next time, bye everyone" Katherine dismissed her students.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:52 am

Skye watched as all the other students tried the spell. Skye practiced the wand movement and the pronunciation while the other students to a turn at slowing the book. When the teacher called an end to class Skye was a little dissapointed to not get to try. Maybe next time, he thought.
Slowly packing his things Skye thought of what his next class would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms (1st-3rd years)   Charms (1st-3rd years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms (1st-3rd years)
Page 1 of 1