Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)

Go down 
+7
Lucy Waters
Cassidy Young
Haylen Firestar
Louise Grey
October Faileng
Skye Summers
Idella Birral
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Idella Birral
Unsorted
Idella Birral

Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  Empty
PostSubject: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:56 am

After a pleasant last Lesson and a very enjoyable break Idella was ready to welcome back her students, with a screen set up so they could show off their home movies to the class, and she had the second half planned with a few props behind her desk for after they'd all had a chance to show their films.

She lit the fireplace to take the chill out of the room and transfigured some parchment into blankets, folding them over the chairs just in case her student's got cold. True winter cloaks were very good but there were just some times that an extra layer wouldn't go a miss. She sat on her desk and read over her lesson plan while she waited with an open door for her student's to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 am

Skye entered the classroom and immediately noticed the blankets and screen. Like movie nights at home, he thought. Estimating the time to get between classes when it takes him so much longer than normal, was not something Skye had gotten the hang of. So he was super early, but that gave him the chance to snag a front seat and blanket.
"Hello Professor", Skye sat and curled up in a blanket, forcing himself not to fall asleep. He was tired, he had been released after the attack, but now had to drag himself all over the school when his body just didn't want to move. Life was a struggle...
Back to top Go down
Idella Birral
Unsorted
Idella Birral

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:08 am

"Hey champ, how are you feeling now?" She asked, spotting Skye coming into the room and smiling at the little Hufflepuff. She'd heard about the attack, then again everyone had she thought. It was such a terrible thing, and at Hogwarts no less! School was supposed to be a safe place for students, to protect them while they learn to look out for themselves. She kept a neutral if slightly concerned look on her face though, she could be angry and annoyed during the staff meetings and bring forth her concerns. While no one else was in the room she leaned forward a bit so only Skye would hear her. "I wont dock points if you feel like leaving early for your next class. Just raise your hand and I'll have a student walk with you to your next lesson." She offered, hoping to put the boy at ease a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:23 am

Ever since she had helped Tristan film his video, he had been bugging her to attend the next class to watch it. As she was exposed to a lot of muggle items through her grandparents, she had found that subject to be somewhat of a bore, and it never challenged her. An easy 'Outstanding' was not something she looked for, which was why she never took the class.

But, thanks to the constant persisting of her younger brother, she had promised to attend that one class, just to see his video. With him close behind, she entered the class. The room was nice and cosy, and she smiled at the sight of the fire and blankets. It reminded her of home, which was comforting.

Noticing Skye, she made a beeline for him, Tristan following curiously behind. "Skye!" she cried. Of course she had heard what had happened, but with the things in her own life, she had not been able to visit him. "How are you?"
Back to top Go down
October Faileng
Graduate
Graduate
October Faileng

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:35 am

October knew a lot about Muggles so this class was something that was close to home for her. The brunette walked into the class and took a seat before waiting for the class to start. The last time she had been in this class it was for when they took pictures of things with a Muggle camera. She has one of those back at home but for right now she was focusing on the Wizarding objects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Tucked inside Josh's satchel was the movie he'd made with the camcorder they'd been given last lesson. It was... in Josh's mind, quite something, but he always excelled in everything he put his mind to. Opening the door to Muggle Studies, Josh took in the classroom, before dropping in to one of the seats in the middle of the classroom.

No acknowledgement was given to any of the other students, or the professor. The boy jsut waited for the class to begin.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Where there was a Josh a Louise was never too far behind. Louise thought, and grinned to herself, it wasn't entirely true she didn't follow him everywhere, only when she was needed there or when he wanted her there. Still she'd been in a good mood all day, even after Christmas, which she would think about in her own time, but for now she wanted to focus on her classes. She picked the seat next to Josh this time after waving to the Professor politely and put her own camera on the desk in front of her and pulling the offered blanket over her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Firestar
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Haylen Firestar

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:23 pm

As she walked into the Muggle studies classroom, Haylen saw the other students' sitting around waiting for the class to begin. She'd missed the previous lesson, which was probably a bad thing. She was entirely clueless as to what the point of the movie was, or the cameras she saw a few students in possession of.

She figured it'd be good t ask someone what she was supposed to be doing, but then again she didn't know anyone in the class. She decided to just wrap herself in a blanket and wait for the class to start.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:20 am

The last Muggle Studies lesson had been rather fun, in her opinion. She hadn't had a partner to make the video with, so she just decided on filming little sections here and there, of the daily life at Hogwarts, hoping that was enough. She walked into the classroom and took her usual feet, greeting the teacher with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Lucy had decided to pick up Muggle Studies, because being muggle-born herself, she knew she could probably ace the class. She knew also that when learning something from a different perspective, rather than relying on self-knowledge alone, could broaden the perspective, and she could potentially learn more than just the basics of how to use things. She made her way into the classroom and took a seat, waiting quietly for class to begin.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Muggle Studies was a breeze, and boring, and without any challenge. Violet took it because she knew it would be a bludge class, and she wouldn't have to do any sort of tiring research. It was easy marks. She made her way to the classroom and took her seat, not bothered enough to greet anyone already there.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Natasha had really enjoyed last Muggle Studies lesson, with taking the photos and filming, it was just a fun lesson. So, naturally, she was eager to get to the next lesson. As she entered the classroom, she noted that there were already quite a few people there. She walked in and took a seat in the front row, smiling and giving a quite nod to the Professor as acknowledgement.
Back to top Go down
Idella Birral
Unsorted
Idella Birral

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:45 am

As the class started to fill up a bit Idella greeted them all warmly and stood from her desk. "Welcome back all, I hope you had a good break. For those new to the class, last lesson I gave the students a video camera and asked them to make a short film, either talking about them selves or interviewing other students. For the first part of today's lesson we'll be looking at a few of these clips on the board. After that I'm afraid it's something a little less exciting but it is important I feel for you all to be made aware of it. It is the law in the muggle world for students to be educated about a few subjects and it's only fair you are given the same advantage." She concluded then fiddled with the device on her desk, a large square of light hit the board with some text flashing in the top left corner. "Now who would like to volunteer their short clip for the lesson?" She asked, looking over her students.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 am

"Hey champ, how are you feeling now?"

Skye smiled at her, she was one of his favorite teachers, she just was nice to everyone, and was always so mellow. It seemed like nothing to rile her up, and Skye loved that.
"I'm ok, but why did they have to make Hogwarts so big?" he said laughing a little, "It's hard to get between classes quick enough,"

"I wont dock points if you feel like leaving early for your next class. Just raise your hand and I'll have a student walk with you to your next lesson." She offered, hoping to put the boy at ease a bit.

Skye looked at her,
"Thank you so much! That'll be really helpful, because I think I have to get all the way out to Herbology next! You're amazing, Thank you!" Skye was so relieved, he worked hard in school, and missing classes, and feeling like he was holding everyone else back made him feel horrible. She really was one of his favorite teachers.

Skye's face lit up when Brooke slid in to the seat next to him.
"Hi, wanna share my blanket?" He offered her more than half of the giant blanket to drape around herself.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:19 am

"Now who would like to volunteer their short clip for the lesson?"

Natasha waited for a few moments, realising that no one else was was going to volunteer their clip. Hers was nothing special, really. Just her talking about her experiences, and the goings-ons of Hogwarts. "You can watch mine if you'd like," she spoke up "Nothing special though. But if no one else wants to..." she trailed off and looked around to see if anyone would volunteer.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:19 am

Skye saw Tash put herself out there, so he decided to go for it. He had goofed off and played with his morphing infront if the camera while saying some movie lines; switching features for the various characters. He used Lord of the Rings dialogue and Iron Man.
"You can watch mine too," Skye said as he gave his video over.
Skye hadn't thought about it, but he had used the camera to talk to when he was bored in hospital.... Shit. He hadn't thought about that, the little ramblings of a slightly drugged Skye recovering from the attack. Well, at least it'll be entertaining, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm

She heard the teacher ask to watch people's movies. Hers hadn't been about talking in front of the camera about her feelings, or anything of the sorts like that, she'd just hopped on her broom and filmed the breathtaking landscape, though she personally wasn't blown away by it, she needed something for her film.

"Don't know how entertaining mine'll be," she said in her flat tone "But if you want, mine,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:40 am

When nobody actually moved to put their movie in to the player, Josh let out a frustrated sigh before getting off his feet. He hadn't come here to listen to people say they would have a go and not do it. Moving to the front with his camera, Josh fumbled with the adapter, taking a few minutes to find the right socket before finally the opening picture of the top of the tower came in to view.

Turning to the class as a whole, Josh cleared his throat for their attention. "I am aware that the project was supposed to be about ourselves, but I found a topic that was... more apt for the assignment." Josh explained before turning back to his camera and pressing play.

"Come back over the ledge, Astrid."

Josh's voice filled the room from the camera, showing the scene of Joe Astrid sat on the ledge of the Astronomy Tower, looking down at the ground as if that was where he belonged. It was late, as the camera picked out from the darkened shots, but everything was just about clear for people to see the scene before them.

"Whatever is wrong... can be fixed."

The tone in the video was enough to give off the implication of a caring nature in the Slytherin before them, though it was not true.

"Why do you care? Since when have you ever cared about anyone but yourself? Just leave me alone, I don't want to play whatever game you're trying on me."

"I'm not playing games, Astrid."

The video showed the distaste of Joe Astrid as he spilled the reasons why he was going to jump from the ledge, the reasons why Josh could never understand. But the voice behind the camera kept up the same tones, the same words to coo the Hufflepuff down from his perch. But even in that moment, Josh Murray had not had control of the boy.

"You think I'll run back down the staircase like the kid I used to be. I'm not him anymore. I'm not..."

It was a few moments later that Joe Astrid stood up, stood up and then fell from the ledge. No, not fell, jumped.

The camera jumped from side to side, losing focus on a subject as Josh hurried to the side, no light came with the words that would save Joe Astrid's life.

The camera refocused a moment later, peering down on the boy suspended in mid air. Safe, but unconscious. The video ended there, showing Joe Astrid quite safe despite the situation.

As the lights of the classroom came back on, Josh spoke no words to accompany his video. His eyes moved momentarily to Brooke Walters, his eyes silently accusing her. It had never been Josh who had put the Hufflepuff there, it was the witch his eyes trained on. And hopefully, she would know, that it would only ever be her actions that hurt Joe Astrid, not his.

Leaving the camera on the professor's desk, Josh moved back to his seat beside Louise, not saying a word as he relaxed in to the seat, eyes trained to the front.

OOC: The thread for Josh's video goes in to more detail here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:30 am

A few people had volunteered their videos, but before their professor could call on any of them, she head somebody start to the front of the class. Turning her head slightly, she saw Josh plugging in his camera, slinking down slightly in her chair at the thought of having to watch a video of him.

"I am aware that the project was supposed to be about ourselves, but I found a topic that was... more apt for the assignment."

She frowned slightly, half pleased that she wasn't going to have to stare at his face or listen to him talk, but a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach told her something was off. The screen flickered for a few seconds before the image appeared, and Brooke sat straight up, her eyes growing wide at the sight of Joe. "No," she muttered, clenching her fists even as the Josh on screen tried to talk Joe out of jumping.

"I'm not playing games, Astrid."

As her nails dug into her own flesh, she felt a sting, realizing but not caring that she had managed to pierce herself and that there was now a small trickle of blood seeping down the palm of both hands. The Josh that was on display was not the one she had come to know, and that it was a very good façade. She was not fooled, not for a moment.

"You think I'll run back down the staircase like the kid I used to be. I'm not him anymore. I'm not..."

"NO!" Not able to control it, she had cried out as Joe began to fall. "Merlin, no!" Like a nightmare, she was unable to move, unable to say anything else. Almost as though frozen in place, her eyes saw the suspended body, the unharmed, fragile body of Joe lying there.

The marks in her hand were now deep, and as she uncurled her fists, she felt her nails come away, sticky with blood. The lights came on, but she didn't, couldn't blink, staring at the blank screen before the cold eyes of the older Slytherin caught hers. This is your fault, they seemed to scream at her. You did this to him.

"No," she whispered. "No." Clumsily, almost as though in a trance, she pushed back against the table, her chair screeching in complain at having been dragged across the floor. "No," she repeated, louder - it was the only thing her brain could come up with. Standing up, she took a step back, wanting but not daring to send a glare towards Josh. This was not her fault. It wasn't her who kissed the Slytherin, and it wasn't her who... "No." She was almost yelling, everything a blur.

Reaching out, she grabbed at Tristan's hand, pulling him to his feet. Unable to formulate any coherent sentences, she turned and, dragging Tristan behind her, ran towards the door. If Joe was still here, he would be in the hospital wing, and it was in that direction she moved towards.
Back to top Go down
Idella Birral
Unsorted
Idella Birral

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:43 am

As the students brought their tapes forward she set them out about to start showing when Josh put his in the player first. She was giving him a mildly patient stare but let it slide for now and watched as the footage started up. She watched quite shocked at what was going on and barely registered the distress of one of her Gryffindors till She'd left the room pulling Tristan with her. That too she let slide, figuring the two knew Joe. She shut off the machine and looked at Josh as if she'd never seen him before in her life.
"That Mister Murray was...astounding. Though I'm a bit concerned for the morbid nature of the piece I'll overlook that since you very well saved the boy's life. A full thirty points to Slytherin."

She smiled and thinking the class would likely want to move on she cleared her throat and put the items away. "I'll be looking over all your videos and grade them for you by next lesson, if anyone would like to stop by during a break I'd be happy to let you watch them. Now then.."

She pulled out her props for the second part of the lesson, a large white piece of card now stood on her desk with various bits of equipment, bags of white powder and pills.
"I would like to talk to you all about a very serious topic that all muggle students are required to know. All of these items you see here are highly illegal, not to worry they're not the real thing, heaven forbid. Now does anyone recognize anything you see here?" She gestured to the card.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:09 am

Happily letting the others go first Louise watched and listened to the class going on around her, feeling oddly content. Though when Josh got up to put his on first she looked up at him with a questioning look, then her eyes moved to the screen and almost popped out of her skull.
Stunned speechless she watched the grim back and forth and had to look away when Joe let go of the railings. She peeked back and felt a palpable sense of relief.

When Josh sat back down beside her she looked ahead as if she hadn't seen him but her hand found his from under the blanket and gave him a brief squeeze before ducking back under as if it never happened. she was very proud of him and a little in awe that he'd saved poor Joe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:37 am

Once he'd taken his seat again, Josh's eyes didn't meet anyone else's. He didn't wish to see the pity for Joe Astrid, nor the pride in which others looked up to him. It was a show, and yet another case in which the Murray heir could so easily pull the wool over everyone's eyes. The points didn't register, but the soft touch of someone's hand in his did.

Louise.

It didn't last long, something Josh was thankful for as he shifted his hand away from hers. Thankfully, the professor started speaking again a moment later, and though Josh didn't have to participate any longer, it didn't seem as if anyone else wanted to either.

The Slytherin shook his head at the laziness of the rest of the class. "You have the equipment for Muggle highs there. Drugs, I believe. Muggles take them, either through ingestion or inhalation and it makes them... very happy. With side effects. Something like the Elixir to Induce Euphoria, but with negative effects once it wears off." Josh supplied, remembering something from his mother's work where she'd had a case of teenagers who had over dosed. Though he'd made no inclination of interest at her words, he'd retreated to the family library later to find out for himself.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

Thana arrived at Muggle Studies, she was late AGAIN! However she did have a note. A student from Ravenclaw (NPC) had fallen down the Owlery stairs and had been brought to Professor Faowind. Thana had stayed behind to help. "Sorry I'm late Professor" she said to Professor Birral, handing her the note explaining her lateness.

Thana then looked for somewhere to sit, she spotted her lil buddy' Skye at the front, Thana made her way over and sat next to him. "Hey buddy" she said to him sitting down. "What did you do for your tape?" she asked, Thana didn't really want to show what she had done. It was kind of embarrassing. She had done a music video.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 am

Skye had felt extremely uncomfortable during Josh's video. The Hufflepuff knew Skye wasn't a good person, he would be just as likely to push Joe off the ledge, as apposed to saving the boy.
Thana walking in lightened his mood though.
"Hey!" He smiled happily at her, "I had messed around with some of the kids in my room, but then I was just talking random stuff all hazy in the hospital. What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 pm

"I had messed around with some of the kids in my room, but then I was just talking random stuff all hazy in the hospital. What about you?" Skye asked, Thana just shook her head. "Shame I missed it, oh well looks like I'll have to watch it another time" Thana replied.

As for what she had done she just smiled. "Wait and see lil bud" she said, "Lets just say that I might of recorded a few things that they won't understand.'' Thana told her friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)    Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies cont. & PSE. (All years)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next