Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 am

"But in seriousness, I think you have as good a chance as ever, you've worked bloody hard, managed to resist me in the lab because you're busy, but most of all you've achieved something. And I'm proud of you, whether you win or not, you'll always be the best science geek I know!"

Marilyn's smile lit up her eyes as he then proceeded to kiss her knuckles softly. "Thanks." she murmured, leaning down to capture his lips in a long, deep kiss, Feeling her worry, not disappear, but lessen in severity.

At least until two weeks later she and Jake were in the entrance hall to the Gala, the various experiments lining the walls. Her Supervisor Nichole waved at her as she looked around and Marilyn was about to head over as with Jake and her parents in tow as she was cut off by a very official looking man in a grey suit and even grey-er hair.

"You must be Miss Caldwell!" His deep voice boomed as he shook her Hand, "I'm Lloyd Bernstein, Phd." Then it clicked in Mari's mind and she smiled at the man who would help decide if she were to recieve the scholorship or not.

"Pleasure to meet you, sir. Allow me to introduce my Parents Alma and Raphael Montez," Her parents shook his Hand and smiled, "And my boyfriend Jake Newbury." she gestured to Jake, who was beside her.

"Well, I must say when the panel heard about you we were surprised, we don't often get Cheerleaders in here."
He laughed and Marilyn forced herself not to scowl, keeping her smile frozen in place with a "Well here I am." and a small laugh.
"Indeed you are. Well, if your Family doesn't mind, I'd like to steal you away for a bit so you can explain your concept to me."

"Of course," Alma responded, gently hooking her arm into Jakes and smling at Marilyn, "We'll all go find our table. We'll see you soon, Marilyn."

And with that Marilyn found herself in front of her Experiment, pitching her initial idea and then explaining how they'd proceeded and what difficulties they'd faced. And while Dr.Bernstein was interested, he kept asking her questions about school, her social life and how she balanced two 'so different' interests, to which Marilyn simply deadpanned "I just do both." Thankfully her gruff exterior didn't seem to even Register with him as he continued to marvel at her 'strange combination' which was honestly starting to piss her off a bit, though she tried not to Show it.

Thankfully she was allowed to return to Jake soon as he had to talk to other contenstants and the official presentation would begin soon anyway where she'd be asked more questions and present their work to everyone.

"Oh my God that was a nightmare," she whispered, leaning up to give Jake a kiss, "Mingled, yet?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:03 am

The big evening for Mari had come around fast. He'd stayed with her the previous evening to try to help her stay calm, but she had been so on edge it had been verging on awkward. The football captain had merely held her close until she eventually fell asleep. Jake didn't like to see Marilyn so worked up, but he understood. All the way to the point of his scholarship he'd been the same and if he could do it, his girlfriend most certainly could.

Fussing had come from both Marilyn and her mom when he'd finished getting dressed, either having imaginary dust brushed from his shoulders, or his tie being straightened. But he took it all with good nature, making sure Marilyn knew that it was all going to be okay.

When they'd arrived to the gala, Jake had never been so out of place. The geekiest kids in the country had shown up to this event, and it showed. Braces, acne, clothing that was well out dated, hair styles that Jake was quite sure had left in the fifties. Any other time Jake would have been laughing but this meant too much to Marilyn to screw up.

Jake had been marvelling at the picture before him when he felt someone link arms with him, looking down to see Mari's mom beginning to lead him away. Jake merely gave Marilyn the thumbs up and mouthed "go get 'em!" They were left alone for some time, Jake listening to Marilyn's parents talking as he kept am eye on his girlfriend. The topic was focused on their daughter, how she would go to Yale. Jake hadn't thought about it too much, but they were going to be parted after this year. It hurt, but he knew their relationship would last. They could call each other and he could visit when he had free weekends. It would be fine.

Just another thing they needed to talk about...

"Oh my God that was a nightmare,"

"He seemed to like you!" Jake countered, putting an arm around Mari. "Almost thought of coming over to tell him to back off!" He joked to lighten Mari's spirits. "And I don't think I can mingle with these people... your parents are good enough company though!" He added so not to offend anyone. "Nearly time for the presentation, right?" Jake asked looking around at the many faces before them.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:04 am

"Nearly time for the presentation, right?"

"Mhm..." Mari nodded, leaning up for a kiss, "Oh God, tell me again that I can do this?" she whispered, looking up at him with wide eyes, as if the entire gravity of the situation was crashing down around her all of the sudden.

But the comfort was temporary it seemed, soon her name was called along with her team and their project title.
Swallowing hard the cheerleader gave Jake a kiss on the hand she'd been holding and walked up the stage, taking the microphone and staring into the crowd, quickly finding Jake again and unconsciously smiling.

"Thank you all for being here tonight, my team and I appreciate this opportunity." She began, walking to their project, "So we started out like most scientists do; accidently blowing something up." Laughter came from the Audience and Mari seemed calmer as she continued to explain every detail of the journey towards their final, successful result.

Finally it came to the interview and Marilyn took her place at the podium beside the other scholorship applicants.
"Miss Montez, we touched upon the subject earlier, your extra curriculars don't quite fit what we normally see. How is it a Cheerleader ended up a scientist?"

Marilyn stared back at the man, internally cursing him out, but externally simply raising an eyebrow and stating, "I wasn't aware the two were mutually exclusive." following up with, "I was always a scientist, and will always be a scientist. Waving pompoms lowers my capability as much as holding a geiger counter heightens it- it doesn't. I don't believe that we should orientate ourselves by clique stigma, instead simply support talent and interest wherever it's found."

The Man on the Panel frowned in confusion, but the woman beside him spoke up with a smile, "Quite right, Miss Montez. Next question, where do you see your career in science leading?"

"Well to be perfectly honest I wouldn't mind a Nobel Prize. I see myself going into research rather than lecturing, though I'm open to all possibilites."
To Marilyn the minutes felt like years, but finally after a few more questions she and her team were allowed to sit back down with the rest of applicants and their teams.

The dinner commenced, but Marilyn couldn't eat much, she was far too anxious, her Hand on Jake's thigh under the table, not doing anything, simply for the comfort of contact.

They'd be announcing the winner after dinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 am

"Oh God, tell me again that I can do this?"

Jake's lips simply pressed against Mari's once more as she asked him for reassurance. She was going to do great, Marilyn never did anything less than that. Hell, being here meant she'd done tremendously. "You're going to do fine, I believe in you!" Jake insisted, stealing another kiss just in time for the first name to be called.

Marilyn's.

Jake was grateful for that, it meant she would be done before she could sit and convince herself otherwise. With one final kiss on his hand, Mari was gone, up on the stage and holding the microphone. Breathe, Jake mouthed as she looked for him in the crowd, a smile touching her lips as she started on the speech he'd all but memorised from the amount of times she'd practiced in front of him.

The presentation received a tremendous round of applause, which simply meant that whatever Marilyn had done was a hell of a lot bigger than Jake realised. He felt more proud of her then, but not so proud when she smashed the old man of a judge out of the water for her reply in regards to her hobby. That, Jake could understand and a smug smile touched Jake's lips that instantly said 'That's my girlfriend!'

When Mari finally joined them once more, receiving a hug from her parents, Jake grinned at her. "That, was amazing!" He told her, pulling her in to a hug and kissing her cheek as they sat down for dinner. Though, it wouldn't matter what he said, she was still nervous.

As dinner came, and Marilyn didn't touch her food (not that Jake minded finishing up both their plates), Jake could feel the tension rising as her hand moved to his thigh. As he finished eating, his hand joined hers, linking their fingers together as he leant over to whisper in her ear. "You'll do fine, promise. Just think about your prize... from me."

It was, possibly, a tease, but Jake didn't know what to say to take her mind off of it. So he figured that would have to compensate until he could show Marilyn that it didn't matter, he'd still love her as much as he always did.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:38 am

"That, was amazing!"

"Thank you." Marilyn whispered into his embrace, shaking slightly still from a mix of adrenaline and nerves. The young girl knew to be proud of what she'd accomplished, it hadn't been easy. But the only fear now was that perhaps her best hadn't been good enough. A fear that Jake helped waver, thankfully, as he attempted to distract her.

"You'll do fine, promise. Just think about your prize... from me."

Marilyn rolled her eyes and stole a kiss before whispering "Looking Forward to it." and then leaning back to her normal posture, hand still holding his as she thought about the man sitting next to her who had literally been through the entire process with her. From meeting her after the lab after the initial explosion; singed hair and an excited expression as she'd told him about the new development to laying next to her and calming her down when she got stuck along the way.

No matter what happened Mari knew that he'd still be there, like he always would. Not even different Universities in different states could get between them. Their relationship was solid and sound.

The moment of truth came when the head of the panel stepped up to the microphone and bade the applicants to come up to the stage to announce the recipent of the full scholorship to Yale and after a short but loving kiss from Jake Marilyn walked up with the others.

Raphael and Alma were holding each others hand, smiling nervously as the envelope was opened and on stage Marilyn thought that maybe she was going to be sick, as she forced her expression to stay neutral.

"The proud recipient of the Young Scientists of America Grant is...Marilyn Montez!"

Marilyn's eyes widened as a breath of relief and surprise left her lips, momentarilyn frozen as her body functioned on autopilot, shaking the panels hands and also the hands of the other applicants before being allowed back to her family. A crying Raphael Held her so tightly she thought that it would be terribly ironic to suffocate now and her Mother, whose eyes were red but not crying hugged her as well, kissing her forehead; both whispering how proud they were.

Finally released Mari ran into Jake's arms and gave him a long, loving kiss, much to the amusement of the room, who cheered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 am

"The proud recipient of the Young Scientists of America Grant is...Marilyn Montez!"

The moment the information, Jake was on his feet, clapping and whistling to show his appreciation for the award. He didn't care that this was a formal dinner, or award ceremony. His girlfriend had one the biggest prize on offer in the country. A scholarship in to Yale and boy was he proud of her.

Patience came as Marilyn came back through the crowds, but Jake's smile didn't falter as she went to her parents first. But as soon as she was free, and ran in to his arms, Jake lifted Marilyn off her feet and pressed his lips to hers hard. Holding the kiss way past the cheers as he tried to show just how much this meant to him. To both of them.

"I'm so proud of you." Jake whispered as he set Marilyn back down, but not letting her go. "You're amazing." He added, stealing one more kiss before they sat back down to enjoy the rest of the night.

He'd never doubted her, and his insistence in her succeeding were quite clearly soundly founded. The night continued with other awards, and many and more people coming over to Mari and offering her their cards "for when she'd finished at Yale". It made the night seem so worth the stress.

A stress that was forgotten soon after midnight after they arrived home, being left by her parents and making the most of the free time. Jake worshipped his girlfriend almost in the same manner of a god until the early hours of the morning, not leaving a single part of her skin untouched as he showed her again and again how proud he was until they passed out, satiated and relaxed.

But ultimately very happy with the world and all they had in it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 am

"I'm so proud of you. You're amazing." The words rang in Marilyns ears with happiness and pride. That moment, exactly then, she experienced pure bliss and joy, nothing could compare to it, she was sure, incapable of any words except a whispered thank you and I love you were able to form.

The rest was a blur to her; a flurry of connections and business cards and handshakes along with offers and email addresses surrounded the girl, but all she could focus on was Jake and her success. Everything else just faded away. Finally she had reached her goal and for the first time she could take a breath and truly relax 100%.

And Jake had been true to his word, as she always trusted him to be, in regards to his own 'prize' for her. As they finally laid intertwined, on the brink between dream and awake, Marilyn knew she had never been happier and would never be happier with anyone else.

That next morning her parents had gone to visit relatives early to drive them back to celebrate Marilyn's success in the evening and Marilyn lazily awoke to see Jake watching her affectionately and she smiled.
"Do you always do that?" she mumbled, snuggling closer to him as she slowly woke up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm

"Do you always do that?"

"Only when I'm with you." Jake whispered softly, a small knowing smile on his lips as he subtly eluded to the fact it always happened. Purely because he was always awake at least an hour before Marilyn woke up, but mainly because the peaceful look on her face was one of exquisite beauty. It also showed that despite anything that might have happened through the day, anything that made her frown, or worry, was gone as she led happily in his arms in the morning.

"Though it's more fun when you're dreaming." He teased in soft whisper, leaning down to kiss her lips softly as she attempted to wake up. "And... I'm making the most of it before you go off to Yale and become a hotshot." He whispered, still teasing despite the serious subject. He knew she would become something, make a name for herself, but at no point would she ever forget him. That much he knew.

They hadn't discussed it much before, it had been in the works for a month or two now that Jake would be going to the University of Virginia, and Marilyn was moving away too. But now, it was real, there were going to be hours between them instead of minutes. Subconsciously, Jake pulled Mari closer, nuzzling her neck as he tried not to think about the inevitable move.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 pm

"Only when I'm with you."
Marilyn grinned, pressing flush up against him to give him a kiss for his sweet words. The young woman listened to his gentle teasing, finally fully opening her eyes, consciously taking in the sight laid out before her.

In all honestly, despite how vain or conceited he may have come across at first, Marilyn knew that Jake didn't quite grasp just how- there's no other word for it- gorgeous, he was. Mari could look at him forever and it wouldn't be enough. Softly she trailed her fingertips along his cheek, expression soft and open, full of affection.

"And... I'm making the most of it before you go off to Yale and become a hotshot."

"Pfft-"Mari laughed and kissed his shoulder before he nuzzled into her neck, "Hey...c'mere.." she whispered, pulling him up gently out of the crook of her neck, moving so she was leaning over him, her curls falling around them like a curtain. "What about me, hm? When you're a famous Football Player for the NFL?" she murmured softly, her lips ghosting against his before leaning in for a proper kiss. Just before their lips met she whispered, "Don't worry," then kissing him deeply only pausing to add, "I will always be yours."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Jake enjoyed the soft touches from Mari as they were given, closing his eyes so he didn't have to see the way his body reacted to her touch. Instead just focusing on the fact that this was completely relaxing and nothing else mattered.

"What about me, hm? When you're a famous Football Player for the NFL?"

"I'm not guaranteed to go pro." Jake whispered back to her, allowing his eyes to open to take Marilyn in. But it was only a brief glance as her lips moved to his, pressing firmly against his in a reassuring manner that he'd always needed. It was when she kissed him that all of Jake's worries disappeared, being forgotten because quite frankly there wasn't anything more important in that moment than her.

"Don't worry," then kissing him deeply only pausing to add, "I will always be yours."

The smile on Jake's lips only grew at those words as he responded to the kiss and pulled her closer. "I know." Jake breathed as he pulled back from the kiss for a moment. "You'll always have a soft spot from your dunderhead." He mused, tucking her hair behind her ear so very gently. "And I'll always be waiting for you." Jake added, stealing one more kiss and relaxing back in to their pillows with a small smile playing on his lips.

This... was perfection.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm

"I'm not guaranteed to go pro."
"I know you will. And I'll cheer for your games, via internet." she assured him confidently, before snuggling into his embrace on top of him and relaxing, wishing that this would last forever.

But time moves on, quickly at that. And soon it was only three weeks left until Prom and Graduation was two day afterwards. Classes were fewer and relaxed, which was nice for everyone and most People were pretty excited about vacation.

So as Jake and Mari were stood at her locker, talking and kissing, Moira, one of the nicer Cheerleaders on the squad, approached them excitedly,

"You two are going to make such a great Prom King and Queen!"

Marilyn raised an eyebrow, "But...I wasn't running-"
"You were nominated! It's so cute, isn't Prom your anniversary? That's so romantic. I'm totally voting for you two!" Moira grinned, gave them a thumbs up and flounced off leaving Mari Feeling like she'd been hit by an extremely bubbly truck- as she always did after talking to Moira, bless her.

"I suppose we're running then, that puts me against..."

"Me." a familiar voice greeted her and Marilyn wondered if she was going to be able to kiss Jake again before their break was over or if she was just having a 'Let's all talk to Marilyn Day' today.

"Cat. Hey," Mari smiled, but it was a little strained, still annoyed by Catherines fixation with her boyfriend.

"Hey, Jake. Hope you don't mind me running for the title with him, Lynnie."

'Don't call me Lynnie' passed through Marilyn's mind as she was about to say that yes, she did mind, it was creepy, but before she could speak Catherine grinned "Awesome. See you there." and left them, leaving Marilyn again, feeling like she'd been hit by a second truck, but this one had less bounce and more bite.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:46 pm

"You two are going to make such a great Prom King and Queen!"

Jake pulled away slowly from Mari, still holding her hand in his as he looked up at Moira who'd just joined them with a small smile. "Mari isn't run-" Jake tried to explain in the same moment as Marilyn said the words. There hadn't been so much of an option for Jake given his place as head of the football team. It came with the title and Jake wasn't one to break tradition.

"You were nominated! It's so cute, isn't Prom your anniversary? That's so romantic. I'm totally voting for you two!"

Jake hadn't forgotten about it being their anniversary on the night of prom, in fact, he found it incredibly amusing that these things had happened. However, Jake had not been aware that their relationship had been being watched so closely by the cheerleading squad. "Didn't know everyone knew..." Jake mumbled as Moira left, allowing a small shrug of his shoulders.

"I suppose we're running then, that puts me against..."

As the words came from Marilyn, Jake knew instantly who she was on about, and as luck would have it, Catherine moved to them in time to finish the sentence. The use of a nickname was oddly alarming from Catherine, but Jake merely watched the small conversation with little worry. After the blonde had gone, Jake's attention turned immediately towards Marilyn, leaning down to kiss her softly. "The best woman will win." He murmured against her lips, sealing that deal with another kiss as the bell rang. "I'll see you later." Jake added, reluctantly letting her go as made his way to his next class.

The night of prom had arrived quicker than Jake would have thought possible. He was nervous, to say the least, but as Victoria straightened the red bow tie that Marilyn had picked out for him - not letting him see the dress she'd chosen but saying it would match. "Do you have the present?" Victoria asked as Jake sat waiting for her to finish his bowtie.

"Of course, and the flowers." Jake told his little sister with a warm smile.

"And you'll take lots of pictures?"

"Of course I will."

"And one of you and Marilyn for my picture wall?"

"Especially one of Marilyn and I for your picture wall." Jake responded, not missing a beat as she finished the tie and grinned at him.

"You'll do great, and get prom king!" She encouraged, making Jake chuckle as he kissed her cheek and moved off downstairs. His parents had been slightly put out for not being allowed to come to the prom, but they understood to an extent. Which meant half an hour before the prom officially opened, Jake's dad had dropped him at Mari's house. The florist had looked confused when he asked for magnolias for the prom, but given them over anyway. The bouquet was extensive, seeing as most people had ordered roses, and he'd ordered a corsage to match.

But the more important present was tucked in her suit pocket. When Raphael let him in and pointed him to Marilyn's bedroom (as if he could forget where it was), Jake had moved off quietly, knocking gently on the door. There was a brief "one moment" as Mari and her mom probably finished the look off and then he was allowed to see.

And Jake's jaw dropped.

"You..." Jake started, not quite knowing what to say with her mom there. "You... look beautiful." He managed a moment later, holding out the flowers. "I... these are for you, for prom." He explained, Alma kindly took them to put them in a vase, explaining that pollen near Mari's dress was not a good idea. They were left alone then, and Jake moved over, pressing his lips gently to Marilyn's before applying the corsage he'd gotten for her.

"And... I got you something else." Jake added, motioning for her to look towards her mirror and close her eyes. When she'd followed the instructions, Jake took out the box, and opened it, carefully taking out the small, silver necklace that he'd chosen for Marilyn from his meagre savings.

It wasn't anything special, because Jake couldn't afford diamonds and lavish pieces of jewellery. But it was special. A small, oval locket was the pride of place, and inside held the simple message of "Love Jake", the opposite side a small picture of them from a few months ago when the fair had been in town and they'd ridden the ferris wheel together. It had been a happy moment in their time together, and Jake liked the picture out of all the ones he could find of them. Both genuinely happy and looking at one another with such adoration.

"Happy one year, Marilyn." Jake whispered, kissing her shoulder so very softly. "I love you." He added, as she opened her eyes, smiling warmly as he waited to see her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Prom night had arrived much faster than anticipated and despite Cat being head Cheerleader, most of the squad had come up to support Mari, as had the chemistry department, who thought having one of their own as Prom queen would be pretty cool.

Marilyn pretty much just went along with the whole thing, preferring to let Helen crack jokes about it and simply continue with her day to day without that much of a Change. Sure she thanked People when they came up promising votes, but she didn't really set much stock in it in any aspect other than not wanting Cat to get her Hands on Jake, not because she didn't trust Jake, she did, always would. But it was more out of principle.

Then the night had arrived and Marilyn (x) had finished getting her hair straight just as Jake arrived and soon he'd been allowed in with a smile that grew when she saw he'd brought her favorite flower for a corsage.

"Thank you." Mari grinned right before her mom left, then when she was gone smirking, "We both look pretty sexy...you look so handsome." before kissing him back.

When he said he had something else for her she turned as he directed and the next thing she felt on her skin was a contrast between his warm hands and the cold of metal.

Opening her eyes she saw a beautiful locket, opening it gently to reveal the sweet words and picture within.
Marilyn was absolutely speechless at first, her heart surging with warm affection and love; happiness radiating from her like a small sun. It certainly felt like she had a metaphorical sun in her chest, just yearning to shine and light up their world. Nothing could have possibly meant more to her though, than the words that came next, accompanied by a kiss to her shoulder.

Softly closing the locket she turned around and pulled him close, putting herself between him and the wall and kissing him long and passionate, trying to convey the sheer joy and affection she felt before whispering, "I love it. I love you. Thank you, Jake..."

Then she pulled away briefly to pick up a book from where it'd been hiding behind books on her shelf and turned back to him with a small smile. "Happy One year, honey." she Held it out to him.

Upon closer inspection Jake would notice that the sleek, blank red cover opened to reveal a scrapbook of their relationship, Pictures from throughout the year chronologically with things like ticket stubs from a film they went to, or a strip of photobooth Pictures between normal pictures of them together, of Mari and Victoria working on Victoria's science project that Jake had taken. A Picture of Mari for the Cheerleader calender next to a Picture of Jake in Football gear for the yearbook taped next to each other on the front page with a few lightning bolts between them.

The photo on the next page was Jake in full gear picking Mari in her uniform up and kiss her, just minutes after winning a game. There was an empty photoslot that had 'Prom' written on it so they could put in Pictures of the night.
The last pages were blank, 'For our future...I Love You, Marilyn' she'd written in her neat scrawl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:35 am

"We both look pretty sexy...you look so handsome."

"Befitting of Prom King and Queen, hmm?" Jake replied with a soft chuckle, enjoying the small kiss, but making sure to go careful. Girls and makeup for these things before photos were a nightmare at best, so Jake was going to make sure he was not in any position to ruin them.

"I love it. I love you. Thank you, Jake..."

"You're most welcome." Jake managed, a little breathless at the deep kiss. He was smiling widely now, everything was falling in to place so nicely. Perfect would have probably not been enough of an explanation for this time together, but that was what it was.

As the cheerleader pulled away, collecting a book and bringing it back to Jake, he raised an eyebrow as she handed it to him. Jake wasn't an overly big reader. The course syllabus was as much as he read, and even that he swept over, so this was slightly unexpected. However, Jake's wavering smile only grew as he opened the pages to see pictures and keep sakes from the last year that he had not known she'd kept. As Jake flipped through the pictures, smiling at the fond memories, he wasn't sure what to say as he looked back to Marilyn.

"This... is wonderful!" Jake told her, shaking his head at all of it before leaning down to kiss her once more. Soft, and thankful as he pulled away to flick through again. A call from outside the room told them they needed to hurry, and Jake put the book carefully on Mari's desk. "I'll pick it up tomorrow so it doesn't get ruined." He explained, before motioning to her lips. "You might want to reapply... your..." He tried to explain, motioning to her lips that were somewhat less colourful after their kisses, a playful smirk on his own lips because he knew it was his fault.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 am

"You might want to reapply... your..."

Marilyn laughed and moved to her mirror to carefully reapply her red lipstick, smirking all the while. "You might want to check your mouth, too, though I must say that colour suits you." She retorted smugly in reference to the fact that her lipstick was all over his lips now.

But she tried not to look too long, because it made him, rightly, look thoroughly kissed and she simply couldn't resist if she looked again.

So controlling herself she led Jake by the hand to take Pictures with her parents and of the couple. When Alma and Raphael were satisfied they pressed the keys into Marilyns hand and a kiss to her and Jakes cheek.

Then they were off, Marilyn driving depite Jake's muttering, shushing him with a kiss at a red light. Pulling into the parking lot soon, Holding Jakes hand as they entered the Auditorium together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:41 am

"You might want to check your mouth, too, though I must say that colour suits you."

Jake wiped his lips carefully, getting rid of the red as much as possible, but knowing there would be a light stain all night. Not that he minded, of course, if kissing Marilyn meant slightly reddened lips, then he was all for it.

After taking enough pictures to fill a photo album with her parents as well as multiple shots of them together, it was time to leave. Marilyn's parents had granted her the use of their car, which was great for freedom, but the notion of being driven around by your girlfriend left a lot to be desired. Jake didn't openly comment on the situation, but it seemed Marilyn knew as she gave him a soft kiss in the usual reassuring manner that Jake could only associate with her.

The short drive ended in the parking lot that was more crowded than usual, Jake got out of the car quick enough to help Marilyn out the other side and took her hand to walk in to the auditorium. The decorations were in the colours of the school, red and white balloons filling the roof net, with all decorations matching. The hall was already packed, and the music was playing softly in the background (for now).

Shortly after walking through, they were summoned to the photo shoot, getting individual and a couple photo taken, where instead of looking directly at the camera, Jake motioned for Marilyn to look up at him just before the photo was taken. A clear show of affection in both of their faces as the photo was taken, and instead of forced smiles, the smiles radiating from the picture were that of genuine feeling for one another.

A feeling that was sealed in a kiss, and if Jake could tell enough over the noise of the hall, a second click of the camera.

As they finally moved in to the main body of the prom, Jake noted his football team had joined together, and of the course the cheerleading squad were never far behind. Gently picking their way through the crowd, the couple were halted in their tracks by Catherine who'd obviously not been waiting with the main group. "Do save a dance for me, won't you Jakey?" She asked sweetly, her smile bright as she purposefully ignored Marilyn. "Though I suppose we'll get the most important one!" She added, venom spiking her tone momentarily as she finally acknowledged Mari with a smirk. Before either could reply though, the blonde was gone and Jake merely brushed it off. Catherine was harmless, always had been.

And he was quite adamant that the head cheerleader would not get in the way of the perfect evening. Finally getting across the room to their friends, Jake stood with his arm around Mari, enjoying the evening's conversation. The announcement would come soon enough. "Who are you putting your money on for the King and Queen?" Mike asked the group, but focusing on Mari more than anyone in that moment as he held on to Helen in much the same manner Jake was Marilyn. A little more nervous than Jake though, seeing as he had landed the spot of the announcement maker throughout the night, a good addition to his CV for his given career choice.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:30 am

The pictures would turn out well, Marilyn was sure, especially the last two of them, those were certainly going to be added to the scrapbook with their prom tickets.

And with a stoic expression that would have made the ancient greeks proud Mari ignored the head Cheerleader when she came up, simply opting to focus on Jake, Mike and Helen, who was already, as usual, somewhat inebriated already. There was no way she was letting Catherine get in the way of their time together.

"Who are you putting your money on for the King and Queen?"

"Well, you and Hel of course." Marilyn retorted easily, smirking at the one finger salute she recieved from Helen for her joke.

"But of course, Jake's got the Prince Charming appearance going for him, so we'll find out soon enough." she shrugged, kissing Jake's cheek. As long as it wasn't Catherine Marilyn didn't care who won, though most People had said they'd vote for her and Jake, Marilyn mainly just wanted to spend time with her friends and boyfriend without Catherine trying to meddle.

Catherine and Mari had never gotten along very well, mainly because they simply had utterly different priorities and could never understand each other, and Marilyn wouldn't deny that winning just to get Catherine to leave her alone wouldn't be bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:27 am

"Well, you and Hel of course."

"Hey!" Jake teased, jabbing his girlfriend playfully in the ribs for even considering anyone but him for the role of prom king. Of course, he knew that she was teasing, but he could have his fun too.

"But of course, Jake's got the Prince Charming appearance going for him, so we'll find out soon enough."

The amendment came a moment later and Jake accepted the kiss on his cheek happily. Even if he was called Prince Charming, though that could be overlooked quite easily. However, Jake knew the announcement was coming as Mike slipped away, heading to the stage to start the evening.

"Good evening everyone!" Mike called out around the room, getting a few wolf whistles from the crowd, Jake included. "So, tonight is probably the second to last time we'll all be in the same room. So, enjoy the evening, dance until you drop, catch the girl you want before she gets away forever, and regret nothing!" He called, smirking in to the microphone as he got a loud cheer for that.

"But first thing is first, the Prom King and Queen!" Mike continued looking around the audience before raising the envelope. "Oh ho!" The boy continued, looking up amused. "Our Prom King with a resounding 89% of votes... Jake Newbury!"

Despite himself, Jake looked surprised as he got a number of slaps on the back before being pushed to the stage. Accepting the "crown" with a soft laugh as he waited for the next part to continue.

"And probably the biggest upset we've ever had in these votes, which could have gone to either girl... I'm being told it was a two vote margin to win... Marilyn Montez!" Mike called over the microphone. There was a pause, and then the room erupted in cheers, most especially Jake who looked stunned for a moment and then grinned at his girlfriend for the win that had happened.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:54 am

When Jake won Prom King Mari snapped a Picture of his surprise on her phone for Victoria and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before he accepted his crown, a grin on her face as she winked up at him on stage.

"And probably the biggest upset we've ever had in these votes, which could have gone to either girl... I'm being told it was a two vote margin to win... Marilyn Montez!"

...What? Marilyn's eyebrows raised as Helen gave her a shove towards the stage and she smiled as she joined Jake, letting Mike place the Tiara in her hair, honestly surprised she'd won, but knowing that it made sense that there'd been little difference in votes. She and Catherine were equally known around school. Speaking of Catherine, she was seen pouting in the crowd, but didn't look terribly put out, which was good.

Knowing pictures would be snapping for the yearbook Marilyn pulled Jake close for a long kiss, arms around his neck, smiling when it ended, and grateful for the overgloss Helen had given her so her lipstick wouldn't smear onto him or off of her lips.

The couple then moved to the dance floor to open the prom and 'Hungry Eyes' started playing as they slow-danced together, holding each others gaze the entire time. It was like there was nobody else in the room, Marilyn thought, as their lips closed the distance between them. Swaying together Jake spun her out just as it ended and dipped her gently, giving her one more kiss that was captured by cameras and phones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:16 am

The announcement and all that followed was a whirlwind of information that amused Jake to no end. Of course Marilyn would out-stripe the competition with her beauty, Jake had never doubted that, and the fact she had friends in more than one of the groups around school had spoken volumes for her. Jake was proud of her, and the kiss she received showed just that as she joined him on the stage.

When Mike explained the dance, Jake led Marilyn to the floor with confidence, taking up the hold for a slow dance. It had been years since he danced, and he knew the jibes would come through eventually from his team mates. But it didn't matter, seeing Marilyn with such a vibrant smile on her lips as they swayed in one another's arms.

The soft kisses and the general enjoyment of one another's company blocked everything out, but this was precisely what prom was all about, enjoying it with the people, or person that meant the most to you.

As the final note sounded through the hall, Jake dipped Mari, stealing one more kiss from the cheerleader. The hall erupted in to applause, bringing Jake back to the present time. Helping Marilyn back up right, Jake grinned as they left the dance floor, heading to the refreshments to get out of the limelight for a while.

"I don't think we could have asked for a better year." Jake commented lightly as he ordered them both a drink from the juniors who'd offered to be their "bar" staff for the night. It was true, they'd both succeeded more than, in at least Jake's case, they'd believed they could, and they were well on the way to making something of themselves. "To us, and the many years ahead of us!" Jake said, raising his glass in a mock toast, despite the heavy topic of toasting that he hadn't really hinted at before now. But... somehow, it had seemed right.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:58 pm

"I don't think we could have asked for a better year."

"No, we really couldn't have." Marilyn agreed, letting her mind wander along all the things they'd accomplished separately and together. All the milestones they'd set and passed, from the day she'd drenched him with a water bottle to the night he'd say 'I love you' for the first time. Looking at him with a grin on her face as she thought of how far they'd come he brought her back to reality by proposing a toast to how much further they would go.

"To many more years ahead of us!" She agreed, toasting and drinking before stealing another kiss happily.

The evening went perfectly; full of laughter, pictures and quite some drinking, especially on Helens behalf, since she had spiked the punch. Ending with Jake and Mari somewhat tipsy in her bedroom, slowdancing together alone to her ipod at about four in the morning before they went to bed.

After a day of last minute stress the moment of truth had arrived; Graduation Day.
Marilyn (x in pink) stood behind Jake, rubbing his shoulders gently in his room; her parents had already gone ahead and would meet her at school.
"Jake...please try to relax...you're going to make Victoria nervous if you don't calm down a little."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:22 pm

The two days between prom and graduation had gone much too quickly for Jake, so quickly in fact that he'd been feeling sick and barely eating as the reality set in. Though of course, barely eating in the Newbury house meant eating the normal amount everyone else did.

So when the evening finally arrived, Jake was highly stressed, had eaten nearly enough to make himself feel okay, and was tired because of it. Tense too.

"Jake...please try to relax...you're going to make Victoria nervous if you don't calm down a little."

Jake shook his head, trying to ease in to the situation as Marilyn worked the knots in his shoulders, but it wasn't helping. "Scared." Jake whispered. They'd been over this again and again, Marilyn knew he was worried, and she'd told him that she understood, but today was the big day.

"Jake, it's time to go now!" Victoria's voice called up the stairs in the usual sing song voice that captured her as a person. Pulling on his suit jacket, Jake looked back to his girlfriend, leaning over to kiss her firmly.

"Keep her safe with me." Jake whispered, knowing he didn't have to ask, but it was about the only way he was going to stay calm. With another person looking after her, Jake might be able to relax marginally. With that said, Jake took her hand and lead her out to the car where both of his parents were seemingly oblivious to his nerves, and Victoria was talking animatedly about how wonderful Marilyn looked, and how when she would graduate that she would pick out a similar colour dress.

Jake, however, sat watching the road go by, quiet and trying to stay calm.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm

"Scared."
That one word was enough for Marilyn to pull Jake close into her arms, one hand holding him close by his back and one on the back of his head as they embraced for a long moment before Victoria called them in her usual manner.

"Keep her safe with me."

"Always" she whispered back softly, after pressing back into the kiss. "And so will Mike. And Helen. We talked about this, she's going to be fine." The two had been informed the day before with Jake's consent and wish to help protect Victoria from any and every percieved threat.

In the car Marilyn held Jakes hand firmly, thumb stroking calming circles over his skin as she talked with Victoria about how lovely Victoria would look on her own graduation.
Mari was smiling pleasently on the outside, but internally she was worried. Not for Victoria as much as for Jake. Mari was quite confident that between the four of them no harm would befall the young girl. But she worried that Jake would work himself up enough to get himself hurt or worry Victoria.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:00 pm

The car journey had been much too fast, the conversation going over Jake's head as he concentrated on the soft motions of Marilyn's hand and the passing landmarks. When they finally pulled up, Jake took a deep breath before getting out of the car, moving to the trunk and carefully lifting Victoria's wheelchair out for her.

Putting the chair close to the back door of the car, Jake bit his lower lip. His parents thought it was just graduation nerves, Victoria continued to talk excitedly as she was lifted in to her chair, taking in the school as much as she could.

"Do you think I can talk to your teachers, Jake?" She asked as Jake pushed the chair towards the graduation party. The grounds held the seating, and Jake concentrated on just getting there for now, not looking anywhere but straight on.

"We'll see, Victoria. Today is a busy day." Jake replied shortly, having no intention of making that connection. Victoria merely nodded, pointing to things of interest.

"Ah, Jake, nice to see you!" Principal Jordan welcomed, taking in the scene before them. It been a while since he'd seen Jake's family, most likely never meeting Victoria, and Jake could see him pause to think of something else to say.

"Hello, Principal Jordan!" Victoria greeted, offering her hand out to the man, her smile radiating. "I'm Victoria, Jake's little sister. I hope to come to your school one day!" She explained happily, not being at all quiet about her relation. Jake felt like he was suffocating as he waited for a reply.

"It's lovely to meet you, Miss Newbury." Principal Jordan replied warmly, shaking Victoria's hand as his lips pulled up in to a warm smile. "You'll be most welcome when you're old enough!" He added, apparently not wanting to upset the youngest Newbury. "You should go and get a seat, the ones near the front are filling up, and believe me, it's the best view!"

Jake didn't need telling twice as he thanked his principal and moved off to find a seat. Victoria, picked out a seat halfway in to the rows, and Jake took up the seat beside her, taking a deep breath to try to settle down.

"You look pale, Jake."

"I'm fine." He replied softly to Victoria, handing her the programme of events so she would be preoccupied with reading. His hand automatically moved back to Marilyn's then, giving it a small squeeze as he tried to pull off as much calm from her as he could.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:02 pm

It had dawned on Marilyn just as she sat down next to Jake, that as Valedictorian she had to open the ceremony and she gripped her speech tightly in her free hand.
"Breathe, honey..." she whispered.
She remained by his side as long as she could, Helen and Mike in the row behind them, keeping a close eye on anyone near them. Squeezing his hand and grinning as the principal announced her name Marilyn kissed him on the cheek before standing.

Marilyn, being valedictorian recieved her diploma first and thus had her walk-on music first, then holding her speech that she had practiced in front of Jake a million times, what she hadn't told him was her choice of music.

"And I present this years valedictoria...Marilyn Montez!"

*Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you, Always...
Kiss you, taste you, all night, Always...*

Marilyn walked across the stage with a smile, recieving her diploma, her parents snapping a picture whilst cheering as she took up her spot on the podium.

"Well, we survived," she chuckled, beginning her speech. It was about ten minutes long, which felt like ten years to Marilyn, but she kept the crowd entertained, throwing in bits like "Even if you are on the right track, you wil get run over if you just sit there." and "Over time I've realised we have to have the courage to accept that we’re not perfect, nothing is, and no one is — and that’s OK. We're all kind of bumbling around, but we're doing it pretty well."

When it was over she was allowed to take a seat after the applause and took Jake's hand, giving him a quick kiss. "How was I?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next