Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 5:50 pm

"Do your parents even know you have a girlfriend, Jake?"

In a way, Jake was glad Marilyn had moved away from him in that moment, because it meant she couldn't see the slight panic that crossed his face. How did you even begin to answer that question? Jake didn't have a clue, and so he just kept quiet for a moment.

"Are you- I mean... ashamed of me, or something?"

"What? No... No." Jake replied, shaking his head as he rolled on to his side and drew the witch closer to him. "I'm not ashamed of you." He whispered, kissing her lips softly. "I just... haven't gotten around to telling them... It's complicated." Jake tried to explain, knowing this probably wasn't helping in the slightest.

"I try to keep my family life and school life separate." He added in a whisper, resting his head on her shoulder as he kissed her neck softly. Jake knew that eventually, he would have to explain, but right now, he wasn't sure whether he could...
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 pm

"I just... haven't gotten around to telling them... It's complicated."

Marilyn's jaw dropped at his reply- she had honestly expected a different answer, instead she pulled away from his kiss and out of his embrace, clutching the sheet tighter around herself as she sat up, away from him, confusion and hurt riddling herfFeatures.

"Are you serious? Oh my God, fucking hell." She stared at him in disbelief, "Separate? What did you think, that we'd just keep dating like this and never have your family know? We've been together for a bit over half a year, what- were you just going to reach the one year mark, two years, three, and keep me separate from your life? What- am I not important enough?" the last question left her lips with a slight sting to her feelings that Marilyn desparately tried to ignore, but the betrayal was plain on her face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 6:16 pm

"Are you serious? Oh my God, fucking hell."

"What?" Jake asked, slightly confused with her reaction, but copying her and sitting up. Not forcing the contact, because it seemed the cheerleader didn't want that right now, and Jake understood. But as Marilyn continued, Jake realised how all of this sounded and bit his lip slightly, trying to work out what to say to the girl before him.

"What- am I not important enough?"

"Of course you're important enough. And I wasn't looking for a specific landmark to tell them... I was looking for the right time. You don't understand..." Jake whispered, looking to Marilyn and then down at his hands. His parents would love Marilyn, there had never been any doubt of that in Jake's mind, and that was certainly why he hadn't told them about her.

"I... there's a reason why I haven't invited you home. Believe me, my parents would love to meet you. As... as would Victoria. It was n-not because I don't think you're important enough to me that I haven't asked you over... it's because..." Jake paused, steadying himself because this was a big moment for him. The first time he'd told anyone since the accident. Yes, it was a big crash that many people in the area knew about seeing as it had claimed the lives of many children from the local elementary school.

"I have a little sister... who's in a wheelchair, and I don't want people to judge her for it. I want her to stay safe... and then best way is for her not to... Is for me to keep my school life private, and concentrate on her when I'm at home. So... I never invited you home or told my parents, because that would mean Victoria would know. And I don't want to hurt her, or make her feel less special to me than she is."

Jake's logic was backwards. Highly backwards. But he was too blind to see that. The aim he'd set to keep her safe had tumbled out of control to the point he believed his friends would not be accepting, thus keeping them separate would keep her safe. He was wrong, but so blind to that notion that it had led him to believe in the last three years that his actions were right.

"It's not because I'm ashamed, it's because I'm not sure the two pieces together will make me as happy... together..." Jake admitted softly, knowing he feared anyone meeting Victoria and upsetting her almost as much as he feared Mari being subjected to the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Marilyn listened to his explanation and nodded when he told her that he had a little sister who was in a wheelchair. In a way, she understood that he wanted to keep her safe, but to this extent...to a point that no longer made sense...

"That is just...Jake..." Marilyn buried her face in her Hands, trying to collect her thought before looking up, pushing her hair back from anxiety, "Jake that makes no sense. Why on earth would you be nervous about me Meeting Victoria? It's not like I don't understand secrets- it's not like I tell everyone at school about my home, that we've nearly been evicted more times than I can count or that I get my clothes from the squad. You should know me well enough to know that I would never judge her for that. Nor would I ever hurt her, knowing how important she is to you." A serious frown creasing her expression.

"There is absolutely no sense in forever keeping me from your sister, because just by how extreme you've acted, I'm sure she must know how much you love her and that being with me would in no way affect your stand to her."

The girl leaned against her wall and looked anywhere but her boyfriend and with a shaking voice managed, "I think- you should go home. And think about your logic. Because you're not protecting her, you're lying. You lied to your friends and you lied to me. So please just...go. Call me when you come to your senses."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 6:44 pm

"Jake that makes no sense. Why on earth would you be nervous about me Meeting Victoria?"

Jake opened his mouth and closed it once more. Why was he nervous on anyone meeting Victoria? Because she was different, and tolerance of difference in this country was minimal. Thankfully Victoria never picked up on bullying, instead being friendly to everyone she met even if they looked at her oddly. But this was Mari...

And there wasn't an explanation he could give that would make this logical to her.

Marilyn hit the nail on the head not a moment later with her words, stating that it wasn't logical. "I just wanted to keep her safe..." Jake whispered, though whether Marilyn heard him was irrelevant as the next words came out of her mouth like a blunt knife, puncturing the skin so painfully that he felt like he wasn't breathing in that moment through the pain of the verbal blow.

"... You lied to your friends and you lied to me. So please just...go. Call me when you come to your senses."

"I didn't lie..." Jake whispered, moving closer to the girl cautiously and taking her hands in his. "Yes, I left information out, but I didn't lie. I've told you now..." He reminded her, ignoring her insistence to leave. "Come on, Mari. This doesn't change anything! I have a family at home, you knew that to some extent!" Jake reasoned with her. Of course, he would go if that was what she truly wanted, but Jake couldn't see why this made a difference. They'd done just fine until now with the whole thing...
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Out of instinct she held his hands tighter but shook her head, eyes hard and fixed on him.

"What do you tell your parents when you go out to see me? When you spend the night?" She closed her eyes and pressed her lips together to keep composure, every single inhibition she'd had at the beginning ringing through her head to build a massive stab of 'I told you so'.

"Lying by omission is lying. You told me- right at the beginning, you told me that you were many things, but not a liar but that wasn't true. Did you lie about anything else? Your intentions, how you feel about me?" The Cheerleader pulled her hands away and looked down.

"Go home. This- This isn't a breakup I just- I want you to go home. Now." she wrapped her arms around herself and refused to look at him.

Marilyn didn't cry when he left. She took a shower, got dressed and did her homework. Then she studied, worked on the lab assignments and sat quietly through dinner. She didn't cry when Helen gave her a hug and they sat in silence together, the other girl just being there for her until she had to go home. Marilyn didn't cry when her parents asked her what was wrong, or when she just shook her head and went to her room.

Only when the lights were out and she'd gotten into bed and the pillow still smelled like him did she hear the faint crack of her heart and cried, because she'd been stupid enough to think he wouldn't betray her or lie to her. And she'd gone and given him the power to hurt her and he had. Just like she'd been afraid of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:34 am

"What do you tell your parents when you go out to see me? When you spend the night?"

"I... tell them that I'm going to see a friend." Jake replied honestly, because they were friends, so that wasn't lying. He'd been spending nights out for some time, so his mom hadn't really batted an eyelid, so long as she knew he was going to be safe enough. But, that answer probably wasn't going to appease Mari.

"Lying by omission is lying. You told me- right at the beginning, you told me that you were many things, but not a liar but that wasn't true. Did you lie about anything else? Your intentions, how you feel about me?"

"I haven't lied, Mari!" Jake replied, his tone begging her to understand that this was not lying. They simply hadn't discussed it and Jake hadn't offered information freely. The moment she had asked, he'd told her. This was making Jake's head hurt more than he could say. "I haven't lied to you, Mari, especially not about my feelings. I care for you a lot, Mari, you know that." He told her in a whisper, but her hands were already pulling away from him, her eyes leaving his. Marilyn was hurt, and Jake was the singular cause for that hurt.

Opening his mouth to say something to hopefully render the problem, Jake was cut off by Marilyn's next words.

"Go home. This- This isn't a breakup I just- I want you to go home. Now."

"Okay... I'm going." Jake replied softly, reaching out for his clothes and pulling them on. He collected his phone and his wallet from the side and the small amount of change he had left, before finally picking up his keys. "I'll see you tomorrow, Mari." He added, slipping from the room and closing the door softly behind him.

The street was full of the usual idiots that threw the same insult his way, but this time it was different.

"Oh, the gringo comes out alone. Shit got nasty!" Someone called, laughter following the words. Mari always came out to say goodbye, always made sure that some of the heckling was subdued. But today it was loud, not even being muffled when he pulled his helmet on and started up his motorcycle.

Jake, however, didn't go home. He couldn't.

For one he wasn't expected home until the evening, so coming home early and in a bad mood would create the image that something was wrong. Which, of course, was precisely the problem. Keeping both walks of life so far apart was only a disaster waiting to happen, because everything had to be kept separately.

So Jake had driven, rather recklessly, as far away from town as he could. Never looking at the fuel gauge on the bike. He'd stopped far away from the town he lived in pulling off track only an hour later. He was angry with everything in the world, for making things so damn complex. But most of all he was mad at himself for thinking that he couldn't trust Mari with his biggest secret. Few cars came this way, so Jake was left to his own thoughts for the most part, the odd car going past reminding him that he was still here.

It was only when the sun was finally dipping low and Jake went to head home that he realised the light on his fuel gauge had come on.

Empty.

Slamming his foot against the body of the bike, knocking it over and probably scratching the paintwork he'd tried so hard to keep well polished. Taking out his phone, he opened the call log and typed in his parent's number. The conversation had taken some time, explaining how he'd managed to get in to the mess. With no omissions on details. Jake told them about Mari, and how they'd had an argument over his way of thinking. That he'd come out in to the middle of the countryside to get away and not thought of the consequences. He'd listened to his mom tell him again and again how foolish he'd been and that it didn't sound as though he deserved Marilyn if he treated her that way. Jake only whispered the same thing again and again as she spoke. "I know, mom." Jake said for the umpteenth time as she told him that he owed Marilyn an apology. That she would have to come over.

It was another hour before his parents showed up and helped him fill up the tank of his bike with gas they'd put in a can for him. He'd thanked them and followed them back in to Eden Prairie a lot slower than he'd left.

For the most part, his parents had not brought it up, something Jake was pleased to know. But he knew that there was a tension. That he'd kept them from Mari and Mari from them was not something they could digest easily. But they at least didn't throw accusations at him.

Jake only sent one message to Mari that night, knowing she wouldn't text him at the moment.

I'm sorry, Mari xx

The next morning, Jake wasn't surprised to see he hadn't received a reply from Mari. In fact, he'd expected it. Jake spent most of the morning working on his homework, with an oblivious Victoria talking excitedly about her math exam that was coming up the next day. Jake could barely keep up with her words, but didn't ask her to stop, it was nice to not have silence. Something Victoria could always fill.

"Who are you texting?" Victoria asked as Jake pulled out his phone.

"A fr-" Jake paused, setting his phone down. "My girlfriend, Mari." Jake told his little sister softly, watching her face for a reaction. It was almost instant, a huge smile playing on her lips at his words.

"Dylan has a girlfriend. Her name is Charlotte, she's very nice. What's Mari like?"

"She's... hopefully coming over later." Jake replied as he punched his address in to a text message, not asking Mari to come over, just giving her the information she would need to get here. Jake didn't want to push it, so he decided those three words would be enough.

7007 Dakota Avenue xx
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 5:03 am

Marilyn had ignored her phone until the next morning when her parents were heading out to visit friends (that was what they said, anyway, but Mari knew that they were going out to do odd jobs in the nicer neighborhoods for families that didn't want to do their own chores) and she was greeted by a message that didn't surprise her.

I'm sorry, Mari xx

And she ignored it, pulling on an old pair of jeans and a tshirt from her dad and going to the garage where she spent the morning wielding together bits of different metals to test how the chemical she'd developed affected them. She'd just finished putting them in a chemical bath and would have to wait 24 hours to check up again, setting up a camera from the lab to film the process whilst she wasn't in the garage, when she recieved another text.

7007 Dakota Avenue xx

She stared at the address with a mixture of emotions, but her mind was already mapping out where he lived and how to get there by bike.
But Mari wasn't one for rash decisions so first off she took  shower and pulled on a Sweater over clean jeans and grabbed her phone to call him.

It picked up before the second ring and without saying hello the Cheerleader asked,
"Are you sure this is okay then?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 5:28 am

Jake hadn't received a reply from either text, and he hadn't expected to. He knew that he'd been an ass, even if he believed he'd been doing the right thing at the time. But both Mari and his mom had been right, these kind of things you simply couldn't split. Even if he'd only been trying to keep Victoria from any more pain dealt by his hand.

But then nobody understood what it felt like to carry the weight of your siblings disability on your shoulders. Nothing anyone said would change Jake's opinion. It had been his fault.

So when his phone had began to ring later in the day, Mari's number showing clearly, he'd excused himself from the table with Victoria and answered it as quickly as he could.

"Are you sure this is okay then?

"I trust you not to judge." Jake replied softly, he was nervous, of course he was. But this was Mari, whom he trusted and cared for. True, he hadn't shown it well, but he did trust the witch a lot more than it seemed. "Do you want me to ask mom to make you some dinner?" Jake asked, not even masking the relief he felt for hearing his girlfriend's voice. Casting a look over his shoulder at his sister, Jake bit his lip slightly, he was worried.

Though it was irrational. Completely and utterly irrational.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 7:55 am

"Do you want me to ask mom to make you some dinner?"
The relief was clear in his voice and it brought a small smile to the girls face as she answered,
"No, no it's fine, I can be there in twenty minutes, if that's alright?"

"Jake- it's going to be okay."
She reassured gently, not sure if she was comforting him or herself as well. Of course she was nervous, now about Victoria more than anything; simply because she now knew how much Victoria meant to Jake and if she didn't like Marilyn

After the conversation ended Marilyn got on her bike and within twenty minutes was approaching his neighborhood which provided a bit of a contrast to hers. The houses were nice, not overly so like Rose Avenue, but still quite safe. Nobody yelling that was a nice change. When she pulled up to the drive she locked her bike and took a deep breath before ringing the door bell, quickly smoothing her hair back before it opened.

Outfit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:13 am

"No, no it's fine, I can be there in twenty minutes, if that's alright?"

"That's fine," Jake replied, looking up at the clock on the wall and then back to Victoria. Why was this so difficult? He wondered, noting that Marilyn was talking on the other end of the phone once more.

"Jake- it's going to be okay."

"I know... I'll see you in twenty minutes. Go careful." He told his girlfriend, not managing a goodbye before the call ended. Victoria had managed to navigate her chair enough to make it turn so she could see him, still not capable of controlling her chair by herself because she was small, and didn't hold nearly enough muscle in her arms to be capable.

"Is Mari coming over?" She asked softly as Jake moved back to the table, sitting down with a soft sigh. He nodded once in confirmation. "That's so cool!" Victoria replied with a grin. Jake managed a weak smile, keeping his eye on the clock.

Twenty minutes went far too quickly in Jake's opinion, and the moment the door bell rang he was off his seat and straight to the front door before anyone else could react. Opening the door, Jake let out a small smile, motioning for Marilyn to come in. "Everyone is in the dining room and kitchen." He added in lieu of an explanation, as he pulled the witch in to a small embrace. "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." He whispered before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Jake held Marilyn for a moment, before taking her hand and leading her through to the dining room. Victoria, thankfully, had gone back to her math as opposed to sitting waiting for them to enter, and when Marilyn entered with Jake, she merely looked up with a large, beaming smile.

"I love your sweater!" Victoria told the older girl, taking it in excitedly. "What label is that?" She asked excitedly, either completely oblivious to how awkward this was, or pretending not to notice. Victoria had always been kind like that.

"Victoria, this is Marilyn, Mari my sister, Victoria. And my mom, Alexis." He motioned to the woman who'd popped her head around the kitchen door.

"Hello dear! Are you sure you don't want to stay for dinner? It'll be no hassle!" She asked, a genuine smile on her lips that showed she meant it completely. Thankfully, his dad had been called out to a golf tournament with work, so Marilyn didn't have to be overloaded unless she stayed for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:59 am

Marilyn, despite the fact that she'd resisted the day before, relaxed in his embrace, leaning up to give him a sweet kiss on the lips.
 "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

"You're forgiven." she whispered, enjoying being held for a moment before he took her hand and led her to the room where his sister was in.

The cheerful young girl before her's smile was contagiousand Marilyn smiled back. "Thank you and I'm not actually sure, probably J.Crew" The girl answered, looking down at herself and then back up at Victoria, pleased that the first impression seemed to be working well.

"Victoria, this is Marilyn, Mari my sister, Victoria. And my mom, Alexis."

"Pleased to meet you, both of you. And no, it's fine, my family and I always eat together on sunday for dinner, so I can't stay, but perhaps another time?" Mari smiled, squeezing Jakes hand softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:36 am

"You're forgiven."

"I gathered that much." Jake teased softly in regards to her being here. He was grateful, of course, but the tension that he'd gotten himself in to caused this kind of reflex, in the hope that it could move things in the right direction.

As they moved through, it seemed Marilyn was okay with what she was met with. Especially as Victoria was on the information question attack almost instantly, though he shouldn't have been surprised, seeing as Marilyn had chosen pink for that afternoon.

"Pleased to meet you, both of you. And no, it's fine, my family and I always eat together on sunday for dinner, so I can't stay, but perhaps another time?"

Alexis nodded, a smile on her lips. "Of course, you're welcome any time, darling." Alexis told Marilyn, moving off to continue with the preparation of their dinner. Leaving the couple with Victoria, who had turned back to her work again.

"Do you want to play in the garden? It's nice outside!" Victoria asked the two of them, making Jake look sideways at Marilyn. "Or check on my sunflower, please?" Victoria amended, noting that Jake looked slightly uncomfortable at that prospect.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 am

"Do you want to play in the garden? It's nice outside!"

"Sure," Mari smiled, then looking up at Jake, "Come on, I know you're pale but the sun won't kill you." she teased, giving him a kiss on the cheek, relaxing at how at ease Victoria seemed.

"Are you growing the sunflower for school?" She asked the young girl in front of her as the three moved outside, Jake pushing Victoria along. Marilyn admired the garden; full of flowers and different kinds of plants, but neat and tidy, it was gorgeous and reminded Marilyn of her fathers own love of gardening; he insisted that he could spite Minnesota weather and grow their own Chilis. So far he'd not been very successful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:12 pm

"Come on, I know you're pale but the sun won't kill you."

Jake shook his head with a fond smile at Marilyn's words, accepting the kiss, but not overly sure if that was okay in front of Victoria. Not because his parents didn't do it, but because he simply didn't want any ideas of favouritism being made by either party. He stayed quiet as he moved behind Victoria's chair, taking the brake off and heading towards the back door so that Victoria could check on her sunflower.

"Are you growing the sunflower for school?"

"Oh no! My grandpa and I are having a competition. He says that he can grow the tallest sunflowers in all of Minnesota. But I'm going to try and get a bigger one!" Victoria explained, amusement clear on her face. "He says his is currently at five foot two inches. I need to measure mine!" She added as an after thought.

"What do you do, Mari? Outside of school, I mean? I'm looking forward to getting to high school. Jake doesn't tell me about anything other than his homework!" She explained with a small giggle. Jake was quite relieved she'd said that though, because it would show Mari that it hadn't just been her he'd kept in the dark.

As they moved to the end of the garden, the sunflowers came in to clear view, all of them at least the size of Jake and looking very, very healthy. Victoria's face was glowing with excitement as Jake applied the brake and retrieved some of the nutrients that Victoria had been feeding the plants every day. "I think it's safe to say you're beating Pops." Jake commented, standing next to one to show it was just over six foot tall. "You'll have to call him and let him know!" Jake added with a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm

"What do you do, Mari? Outside of school, I mean? I'm looking forward to getting to high school. Jake doesn't tell me about anything other than his homework!"

Marilyn looked at Jake briefly, remembering that he hadn't just kept her away from his family, but his family away from everything at school. It was sad, to her, because though she may keep their home situation a secret, at least her parents could come to her games to cheer her on.

Listening to Victoria explain her competition regarding the sunflowers the girl nodded and smiled in understanding, still slightly blown away by the abount of metaphorical sunshine that exuded from Jake's sister.

"Well, I'm a Cheerleader at school and after school I work four days a week in a chemistry lab as an assistent scientist." Mari explained as they reached the sunflowers that were absolutely huge.
"They're beautiful," she commented, in her minds eye she could just see Raphael gushing over the healthy way the flowers had grown.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 pm

"Well, I'm a Cheerleader at school and after school I work four days a week in a chemistry lab as an assistant scientist."

Jake smiled as Marilyn explained, captivating Victoria almost instantly with her words. "Cheerleader? That's amazing! Is that for Jake's football team?" She asked. Jake nodded in confirmation at that point, before moving off to get some water for the sunflowers. "That's really cool! Can you teach me a cheer at some point, please?" The younger girl asked happily, before realising that there had been two points in that sentence.

"You like science too?" Victoria asked, her eyes going wide as she forgot about the flowers completely. "What are you working on? If you're an assistant, that must mean you're great at science? Do you plan to study that at college?"

The notion of the flowers being beautiful made Victoria look back to see Jake tending to them, carefully pouring water in to the pots and generally being quiet. Victoria looked back to Mari with slight confusion. "Jake's being quiet... That means he's thinking." She supplied, a smile touching her lips.

"Not just thinking, I'm listening more." Jake responded. He was uncomfortable, but he was trying. Really, really trying.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 pm

"Sure I can." Marilyn grinned, glad that the girl was taking a liking to her, or at least was doing a very convincing job of play acting so. Somehow Victoria didn't seem the type to pretend though.

"What are you working on? If you're an assistant, that must mean you're great at science? Do you plan to study that at college?"

Jesus, she asked a lot of questions, Mari thought to herself, but it kept the conversation flowing well.
"My current project is in biochemistry, developing a new method for measuring toxicity of chemicals replacing the LD50 test , I sure hope I'm great at science, I do love it and I want to study molecular biochemistry at Yale." She answered in order before asking in return, "Do you like science?"

At the mention of how quiet Jake was being Marilyn glanced up at him, so her face was hidden from Victoria and gave Jake a pleading look, trying to convey, 'Please don't make this difficult, everything is fine'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Jake watched as Victoria concentrated wholly on what Marilyn was saying, and the way Marilyn seemed so comfortable in that moment. Victoria had set off on an explanation of how she liked chemistry too, and parts of physics. For the most part, it was chemistry, because Jake hadn't allowed Victoria to look at his biology work.

"And I always help Jake with his physics, and we do the chemistry together at times. He's good at that. But the most important one that I help him with it history." Victoria explained, making Jake's eyes go wide in horror.

"Alright, Vic. Let's not tell Mari everything in one go, hmm?" Jake intervened, his cheeks going a brilliant red. Dusting himself off, Jake moved back to Marilyn's side, giving her a small smile and a look that said he was fine. It was just going to take some time for the integration to become comfortable between all of them.

Thankfully, however, Victoria had moved on to tending to her plants, talking to them as she added the nutrients carefully to the pot like she'd been told.

"I think she likes you." Jake whispered, kissing Marilyn's temple whilst Victoria was preoccupied. Marilyn didn't need to know this was how Victoria always acted, because that wasn't a comfort. But for now... things seemed to be okay.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Raising an eyebrow slightly at the biology comment Mari was not prepared to hear that Victoria was helping Jake in a few subjects and couldn't help the small snort of laughter that escaped her as her gaze went back to Jake, a playful grin gracing her lips.

She was impressed though, as well as amused, Victoria had a brilliant mind and it always made her more comfortable to find others who enjoyed science as much as she did.

"I think she likes you."

Marilyn smiled, nerves somewhat appeased, holding one of his hands in hers and kissing the knuckles while Victoria was busy, but still listening to the younger girl talking as she whispered,
"I like her, too." Then she cheekily added, "And you're not too bad either. Except at physics apparently."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Jake was quite glad Victoria hadn't really been out of the ordinary with all of this. That at least made Jake relax enough to realise the younger girl was not going to be worrying about his attention wavering from her. Which, it never would.

"I like her, too."

That news made Jake smile, relieved as Mari brought his knuckles to her lips. "I'm glad." Jake told her gently, watching Victoria to make sure she didn't slip out of her chair as she leant forwards slightly to

"And you're not too bad either. Except at physics apparently."

"It's more history, physics isn't such a weak subject, Victoria just likes to do it with me." Jake shot back, putting his arms around the girl as they waited for his sister to finish up.

The afternoon continued in much the same way, Victoria leading conversation and ultimately letting Marilyn know about everything she hadn't been told in the months they'd been together until eventually Marilyn had to go. In all, it hadn't been so bad, and Jake felt... a little better knowing that at least he had one outlook to talk to in regards to his home life.

As the couple stepped out on to the front porch, Jake pulled Marilyn back in to a warm embrace, kissing her deeply now that they were away from both Victoria and his mom. "Thank you." Jake whispered against her lips, only now coming to be completely relaxed with Marilyn knowing. "For understanding." And not judging or calling her names.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 6:19 pm

The girl smiled in his embrace, kissing him back just as passionately, sighing as he whispered his gratitude against her lips, kissing him herself, fingers lost in his hair, before murmuring "Thank you for letting me..."

After that there was a shift in their dynamic, a huge leap in trust in each other as they grew together in the months that came as Mari became a not uncommon sight at the Newbury home.

And soon they were nearing their one year mark; crazy, when Marilyn thought about it, how much could change in a year. For her, the most stressful Moment of the year had arrived. In two weeks, a month before the mark and their graduation, she and her Team from the lab would be at a Gala hosted by the USA Scientific Community, presenting their research and results.

"It's quite a formal affair, shirt and tie, dresses..."
she explained as he read through the emblemed invitation she'd recieved, his head on her lap as they sat in the empty bleachers during a free period.

"Basically there's a formal part which is dinner and mingling and such, dancing if one wants- not that you'd have to and then we present our results. My parents are going and I was wondering if you'd come with me. At the end of they give the winning team an award, for me it's a full ride to Yale, like when Scouts come to watch you play...and I'm rambling." She blushed, looking down at him, fingertips trailing over his thigh absently.

"I'm just nervous."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:36 am

"It's quite a formal affair, shirt and tie, dresses..."

"You'll be fine."Jake replied sleepily. Being close to Mari like this made him relax, forget the world and just focus on what she had to say, or watch her as she studied. That was always an argument waiting to happen when they were like this an Jake was falling asleep, he needed to study she would remind him. But Jake did, just not at school, ironically.

The cheerleader continued to the formalities of the evening, dancing, parents. Then the question of him coming made Jake open his eyes, looking at Marilyn for a moment. She would know he wouldn't understand everything going on, despite his high grades, but this meant a lot to her. "Of course I'll come to support you! I wouldn't miss my girlfriend winning the award for anything!" Jake assured her with a warm smile.

"I'm just nervous."

"Don't be." Jake whispered, leaning up and pressing his lips to hers. "If your presentation doesn't win it for you, then your beauty will knock over the science nerds!" Jake teased as he settled back in he lap, enjoying the soft caresses to his thigh.

"Just let me know when and what colour dress you're wearing so I can try to match." Jake added, not asking too many questions because she was already nervous enough.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 am

"Of course I'll come to support you! I wouldn't miss my girlfriend winning the award for anything!"

His reply brought a relieved smile to her face, glad to have his support on that evening; though honestly she knew she had his support every evening- every day. The thought made a not unfamiliar warmth in her chest spread and her cheeks flush slightly as she kissed him back.

"Sweet-talker"
she teased fondly before adding, "Saturday in two weeks and my dress is  light pink." Leaning down to press a happy kiss a his forehead.

The two were quiet for a few moments, the carresses along his thighs moving up to his abs and chest as Marilyn sank into thought, her forehead creasing slightly.

"Do you really think we'll win?" This was what she'd been working so hard to achieve, it was make or break it now and the prospect of standing on that stage and hearing the jury made Mari feel a bit sick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 am

"Saturday in two weeks and my dress is  light pink."

"You've been conspiring with Victoria again." Jake grumbled at the notion of light pink being her chosen colour. Jake was willing to bet they'd found it together knowing Jake wouldn't say no to going along. Even with pink being the colour of his tie. Not that he overly minded, it was just a colour after all.

"Do you really think we'll win?"

"I think that if you don't win you owe me a lot of time from the disgustingly long periods of neglect that have come from your experiment! " Jake teased softly, before coming serious to the worry on his girlfriend's mind. "But in seriousness, I think you have as good a chance as ever, you've worked bloody hard, managed to resist me in the lab because you're busy, but most of all you've achieved something. And I'm proud of you, whether you win or not, you'll always be the best science geek I know!"

The words were truthful as Jake covered the hand on his chest with his one, giving her a reassuring smile. Proud honestly didn't cover what he felt for Marilyn, but he could not think of anything better right now.

"Stop worrying, you're much prettier when you smile." Jake told her in a whisper, bringing her hand to his lips to kiss the knuckles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next