Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Almost as soon as the Widows had fallen, Mari had been called away by Clement for Merlin only knew what. Jake had only stayed momentarily, ignoring the tingling in the left side his face and hurrying to find Victoria. It only took a small amount of time to find the children huddled together, and no sooner had moved through the door, a body collided with him, hugging him tightly around the waist.

The sobbing hadn't stopped on Victoria's behalf and Jake lifted the witch, holding her close. "It's okay, Vic." Jake soothed the witch, kissing her forehead softly and rubbing her back. "You're safe now. Everything is going to be okay." He tried, but she only cried harder.

"The l-lady, J-Jake." Victoria sobbed in to his chest, holding on to him so tightly. "She... Sh-she..."

"I know." Jake told her softly, gently scooping her from the floor and heading out. "Wormwoods follow me to your dorms." Jake told the rest of the room, watching the students follow obediently as he held on to Victoria and moved to the first floor. The other teachers could deal with the other houses.

There was silence until they got to the dorm room, the kids moving to their beds. Far too few students had been unscathed, but thankfully enough were here now. Not too many fatalities, but more than had been necessary. As Jake laid Victoria on her bed, sitting beside her as she continued to cry, the young man realised that the Black Widows had been stopped too late.

"I want mummy and daddy." Victoria told him through tears, and Jake could only whisper that he knew. That she only had to sleep one more night and then she would be home. The witch didn't seem overly fond of the idea, but eventually Jake managed to get her to agree to be brave for him. It was half an hour later that Victoria finally gave in to sleep. Whether it would be peaceful, Jake could only hope as he checked on the rest of the Wormwood students before leaving them to try to sleep.

The professor moved back to the main hall, knowing he had responsibilities, but also in search of just one other person in that moment. Mari... In his desperation to find Victoria he'd forgotten his best friend. Jake took the last couple of steps two at a time before his eyes fell on the witch in question. "Mari..." Jake breathed, hurrying to the witch before realising she was injured. "Are you..." Jake motioned to her arm, the worry touching his features instantly as he paused midway into a hug.

He'd missed it, and guilt was quickly overwhelming him for not realising sooner that she'd been hurt.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 2:46 pm

After Marilyn had been dismissed by Clement she had managed to exit the main hall...only to be greeted by the gruesome sight of terrified and partially injured children. (Granted, some of these 'children' were nearly seventeen, but to her, right then, they were children.) So the witch clenched her teeth and hurried over to a bush outside to throw up, something that had been threatening to happen since the battle started. Then she steeled herself, forcing herself to continue functioning as long as there was adrenaline in her system.
And so it came to Marilyn looking for her best friend as she ushered children along to healers or their respective heads of house, pausing only to lean forward and murmur light healing spells to heal superficial cuts.
By the time she heard a familiar voice Marilyn was paler than she'd been in ages and shaking slightly, spots clouding her vision.
So much so that she didn't even flinch as he went for a hug at first, simply because she didn't realise.
"Jake..." she whispered, relief flooding her entire being as her uninjured hand pulled him close as much as she could without further hurting herself.
"Curse hit me." she murmured, "Clement put the split on. Shattered-" she swayed slightly, the true magnitude of her efforts finally taking toll, "Shatted bones. You're okay?" she looked up through heavy eyes, vision blurry, "please tell me you're okay. And Victoria, merlin tell me you're both okay." Mari was breathing a bit harder now, exertion and pain taking over faster now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 3:16 pm

As the witch pulled him closer, Jake wrapped his left arm around the witch, taking her weight because Jake noted that she looked so ghostly pale that it couldn't be okay. "I got you." Jake told the witch as she leant against him.

"please tell me you're okay. And Victoria, merlin tell me you're both okay."

"I'm fine." Jake insisted as she asked. He'd forgotten about the explosion in that moment, so the shrapnel was there still, but it wasn't paining him in anyway. "Victoria... is safe." Jake added uncertainly, because he wasn't quite sure if his little sister was going to be okay from the hysteria that had ensued from the witch earlier.

"You need to get to a healer, Mari, you're not okay." Jake insisted, watching the witch getting a little paler.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Mari nodded, her vision blurring completely as her head leaned against his chest. "Good...good..." the witch murmured in response letting the relief sink in that he was okay. Victoria was safe, but she wasn't able to dwell on why hadn't said okay. Because in that moment as she was flooded with relief she also let go of the last thing that kept her fighting on her feet. "Jake..." she murmured before falling into the wizard's arms unconscious from the sheer amount from physical and magical drain she'd experienced.

The next thing she knew she was laying in St.Nicks only hours later, a new cast on her no longer blackened arm. "Jake..?" she murmured, confused.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:01 pm

The witch only stayed conscious for long enough to hear that the siblings were okay before she collapsed in to him with only his name on her lips. Jake held the witch, lifting her up gently a moment later and heading to the floo network. He was aware, of course, that he would be needed in the school. But for now, Marilyn Caldwell was more important than anything else.

As they stepped through in to the hospital, Jake was met by chaos, but he wasn't deterred, being pushed to the front due to Mari's unconscious state. The questions flowed fast, how long had she been out, did she have anything in her system that they should know about, did he know the curse used. Jake answered as best he could, coming unstuck on the questions of her medical health.

It had only been as one of the nurses pulled him away, stating she would check him over that Jake remembered the blast. He'd sat still only long enough for the wounds to be treated and then the Quidditch star had hurried back to Mari's side, just in time for her coming round.

"Jake..?"

"I'm here." Jake told the witch, taking her hand softly in a reassuring manner. "You're at St Nick's General Hospital, everything is okay, they've fused the bones back together and put it in a cast. But you're going to be fine." He told her gently, slowly so she could take it in. "You'll be free to go in an hour or so." He added a moment later, thinking he'd captured everything he could from what he'd overheard from the doctors.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:22 pm

"You're at St Nick's General Hospital, everything is okay, they've fused the bones back together and put it in a cast. But you're going to be fine."
Mari squeezed his hand and sighing in relief.
"In a few hours? That's fine, Clement released me to go to medical anyway"
she murmured, still sleep-drunk from the painkilling potion. "I can call somebody, you should go." she managed to sit up, still holding his hand before realising it and letting go, coming around more and remembering...things.
"You should be with Vic, she's going to need you. I'll be fine. Really. I won't take the dreamless sleep potion if that's what you're worried about. Go to Victoria." She gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaning back again, "Thanks for getting me here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:35 pm

"In a few hours? That's fine, Clement released me to go to medical anyway"

"It's fine." Jake replied softly, watching the witch struggle to sit up, but not overly sure it was best to make her do that alone. "I'll let him know when I get back, so that he knows you've been seen to." The professor added, knowing that it would hopefully settle the witch enough to lull her in to a calm state.

When the witch mentioned Victoria, Jake waved it away. "She'll be sleeping, she won't know I'm gone. But I do need to get back to help clear up." Jake told the witch despite the late hour there was still work to do. "And I know you won't use the dreamless sleep potion, you've been doing so well." He told the witch encouragingly, giving her a reassuring smile at the same time.

"But the doctor says you should rest, so I just popped in to say goodbye. I'll come over to your house as soon as I can, I promise." Jake explained, reaching up to press his lips to her forehead. "You did great this evening, Mari. I couldn't have done so much without you." He added, pausing before turning to head off, not over thinking the way his body had seemed far too reluctant to move.

She was his best friend, after all, that was the only explanation Jake needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)   The Aftermath (Mari & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath (Mari & Jake)
Page 1 of 1