Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:50 pm

It was the last year of High School, the last chance for Jake to put his name out there for the colleges he wanted to go to. The principal of the school had assured him more than enough times that he would get there, he just had to be patient.

Jake had told him enough times though, you could be patient when you wanted to get a scholarship. You had to take these things, metaphorically, by the balls. Especially with the spring coming around, and everything heating up in regards to places for college. The offers he'd had back so far were from the universities that didn't get you to the NFL.

It was why Jake had been training the team harder than ever to make sure they at least got to the final. If they didn't get to the final, Jake was going to have to kiss goodbye to the idea of college. Not with his fathers salary that could only just cover his school tuition and his sisters care. Stress was barely even covering the explanation of Jake's current mood and look as he pulled off his helmet for the umpteenth time that afternoon.

"For fuck's sake, Mike, if you don't want to be here, just go!" Jake told his best friend, giving the boy a more than firm push. "Start again, everyone, we're not leaving until this is right!" The captain shouted over the groans from the team, pulling his helmet back on and readying himself for the move.

However, before he'd even set himself for that, he could already hear the wolf whistles which meant only one thing.

The cheerleaders rounded the corner a moment later, and a smug grin crossed Jake's lips. Slipping his helmet off once more, Jake called time for a water break. One, short, break couldn't hurt, he decide as he ran his fingers through his hair to try to put it back in the spiky style that he usually wore.

Moving over to the band of young women, Jake smiled towards the head cheerleader, his eyes moving away only a moment later to locate the one girl that always looked out of place. He didn't know the girl's name, nor how she got on the squad. "Have you ladies come to practice?" Jake asked, taking the water bottle from the head cheerleader and drinking from it without asking. Without waiting for an answer, however, Jake moved around the group, finally picking out the girl he'd been looking for and moving to stand in front of her, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Ready for the next game?" He asked, ignoring the complaints from the other girls of him picking the girl before him instead of them. Without another word, Jake held out the bottle he'd taken to the witch, wondering if she'd be game enough to take it.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Marilyn hadn't originally wanted to be a Cheerleader. Hell, she didn't want to be one now. And she certainly didn't look like one. True, she was fit, but she wasn't perky or cheery or particularily nice and she had four straight scars across her left cheek from her temple down from a dog attack when she was lttle.

It was kind of a funny story. Marilyn Montez actually wanted to study chemistry preferably at an Ivy League school and her grades were definitly good enough. But come her Junior year she'd been called into counselling with a 'grave concern' that she was lacking the 'social skills' that an Ivy League school would be looking for. The girl had barely resisted rolling her eyes at the adults before her and suggested Debate Club, if she really had to, heaven knows arguing was not a problem for her. However they suggested she take something that would make her stand out as an applicant.

Her elder sisters who had graduated the year before had been Co-Captains of the Cheerleading squad.  So they had suggested it to her and Marilyn had burst out laughing, saying they couldn't possibly be serious, but oh contraire. They were. The Counsellor and Principal agreed that a Cheerleader who was a Chemistry Major would be such a shocking constellation of interests she'd be bound to stick out.

So naturally, Marilyn being Marilyn, she was highly offended on behalf of all the Cheerleaders of the world and their unjust Reputation of being idiots with pom poms, took up cheerleading, to prove the two were not mutually exclusive.

She wasn't happy about it though, it took up time she'd rather spend not being ogled by a Team of sweaty teenage Boys. But oh well, Mari didn't back up from a challenge. And the Cheerleaders were mostly really nice, the Captain was a bit nuts, but oh well. And they let her study on the pitch when it was nice out and she tutored some of them. All in all it wasn't horrible.

But the Football Team...Well. Marilyn wasn't a fan, to put it bluntly.

So when she arrived for practice and the Captain strolled up with a comment she rolled her eyes.
 "Have you ladies come to practice?"

"No, we came to be mindlessly ogled by an idiot who's been hit by another sweaty man too many times." She muttered under her  breath, hoping he'd let them be quickly. But no, if there was a God he was not so merciful.

"Ready for the next game?"

"Oh not at all" she drawled, "I think my poor heart won't be able to take another round of sweaty men slapping each others rears." Mari deadpanned, then looking at the bottle and taking it, not missing a beat before pouring it over his head, "Looked like you needed to cool off. Come on girls, I have a test tomorrow, let's get this show on the road."

The girls managed to get themselves collected to go practice and Mari all but forgot about the cptain's aproach until she was alone in the stands, collecting her chemistry notes she'd wanted to copy to give to some of the girls who were struggling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:41 pm

"I think my poor heart won't be able to take another round of sweaty men slapping each others rears."

"That's... not what football is ab-" Jake was cut off as a jet of ice cold water hit his head, soaking him completely as it ran down his face and all over his shirt. The gasps from the other cheerleaders hit Jake's ears in the same moment that he heard the laughs from his team.

"Looked like you needed to cool off. Come on girls, I have a test tomorrow, let's get this show on the road."

Jake let out a breath, quite clearly shocked and a little cold from the almost freezing water as he opened his eyes in time to see the girl walk past him, the others in tow. Running his hand through his hair, getting rid of as much excess water as possible, he let out a small laugh of his own. Whoever that girl was, she had something in her that simply wouldn't allow Jake to calm down.

Moving back to the group, Jake ignored the heckling from the others. He'd made his way through most of the team with little to no effort. This time, it seemed he was going to have a fight on his hands, and Jake could quite honestly say that that was much more enticing than anything the others could give him.

With the training done, Jake had sent the rest of the boys off to the showers, he'd noted that the cheerleader from earlier was still in the stands and stayed back. The water had dried out for the most part, or been exchanged for sweat, but Jake didn't care as he climbed the few rows of the stands and sat beside her.

"So, since you've now soaked me, and made me look like a jerk in front of not only the football team, but the whole cheer team too, what do you say to coming to the party on Saturday night with me to make up for it?" Jake asked, his smile showing that he didn't hold any hard feelings for earlier. It took a lot more than a little bit of water to get him riled up, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Just as Mari had gathered everything and was turning to go Change she was confronted by a soaking, dirty wall of apparent idiocy.
And then the wall spoke. Perfect, just what Marilyn needed, something to sink her IQ just by osmosis.
Now the Cheerleader was certain, there was no merciful God.

"So, since you've now soaked me, and made me look like a jerk in front of not only the football team, but the whole cheer team too, what do you say to coming to the party on Saturday night with me to make up for it?"

The girl stared at him, baffled by how on earth he'd managed to take anything from their Prior confrontation to mean she'd ever agree to spend time with him.

"First off, I didn't make you look like a jerk, you are a jerk. Second, that is never going to happen. and third;" she clutched her notes with her pompoms and did a mini cheer that ended with both middle fingers up at the man in front of her. "You're not clever." With that she turned and left him Standing there, jogging to the changing rooms with a scowl on her face.

Marilyn knew she wasn't exactly deformed, she was still, as others said, very pretty. But her scars made her an easy target for idiots who thought pretending to want her and then ditching her because of them was hilarious. It didn't hurt the young woman anymore, but it was pretty annoying and rude anyhow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 pm

"First off, I didn't make you look like a jerk, you are a jerk. Second, that is never going to happen. and third;"

Jake listened to the girl speak, shaking his head slightly at the monologue that came. He'd done absolutely nothing wrong with this girl, and it seemed she was simply going to town on his ass. The whole cheer move that came afterwards was a surprise to be honest, especially the end.

"You're not clever."

If silence would have covered Jake before hand, the final statement left Jake shell-shocked as she rose to her feet and left. Not a word left Jake's mouth as he sat stunned, not even looking as the girl left to check her out. It was probably the first time that Jake Newbury had been rendered speechless by a girl and he was not at all happy with that.

After spending the evening with Mike, talking over different training methods, and then finally coming around to the subject of the cheerleader Jake had been talking to, a decision had been made. Despite all of Mike's protests in not chasing after Marilyn (Mike had his useful moments in finding out the information Jake didn't have to hand), Jake had decided to do the complete opposite.

The group of jocks that always moved around together were doing the same that day, Jake as usual in the middle of the banter being passed around as they moved through the halls. They'd been passing through one of the larger halls when Jake noted Mari and with a smug smile, he excused himself from the group.

The cheerleader was busy putting things in her locker, probably exchanging them for the books she needed for next class as Jake moved next to her, leaning against the locker beside her. "So, are we feeling better today, or should I hand you my water bottle again?" The football captain asked, his bottle already in hand, but not in as loose a grip as before because there was no way he was letting her do that again.

"Come to the party on Saturday with me." He added, it wasn't a question more of a statement.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Marilyn had already had a stressful day, she'd just gotten out of a test in chemistry for advanced Placement and while it hadn't been very difficult she was stressing herself out. She needed a spot in that class so she'd be able to get a spot in an Ivy League School for chemistry and get the scholorships needed. The Young woman already worked in a lab four days a week after school as an assistent, so she knew logically she was good enough, but it still worried her.

This in mind it was understandable that her generally disgruntled Disposition wasn't exactly lightened by a not unfamiliar voice's appearance beside her.

"So, are we feeling better today, or should I hand you my water bottle again?"

The girl put her notes back into her locker stoically ignoring him, pulling her hair back into a ponytail for her next class, which was in the schools labs. If she ignored him, Mari figured, he'd perhaps go away. But perhaps playing dead only worked in the animal kingdom.

"Come to the party on Saturday with me."

Mari took out her book and slammed her locker shut, glaring at him, "What part of 'no' do you not understand?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Jake watched the girl tidy her notes, even tie her hair as she ignored him as much as possible. It was amusing in a way, that she was trying so hard to make this difficult for him. It wouldn't work, it never did work. That was the fun of being him.

"What part of 'no' do you not understand?"

"The part where you're saying no to me." Jake responded coolly as she slammed her locker with much more force than was at all necessary in that moment. "I'll pick you up at seven then." He added, being completely unfazed from the glare on the girl's face. "You just give me your address, and I'll be there and I'll bring you home too."

There, Jake thought, how could she possibly say no, now? There was absolutely no way she could deny him. All girls ever worried about was getting home safely, and now he'd given her the one thing she needed. Yes, Jake was confident now, he would have her as his date that night.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Marilyn tilted her head, disbelief riddling her features. Now certainly he was joking, he couldn't possibly be so dim as to think that that was going to be the approach that worked.
Not that any approach would work. But some would perhaps aspire a kinder failure.

"I'm going to speak very slowly so you understand, alright?" Mari scowled, "I. Do not. Want. To. Go. Out. With. You. So that's still a 'No'. Get used to it." The aspiring chemist couldn't believe her bad luck, why of all people did he feel the need to harass her? All she wanted was to graduate valedictorian, get her scholorships and win the Nobel Prize. That was really not much to ask for.

"You don't even know my name." she added as she turned away to go to her next class, hoping he'd be confused enough to not follow her as she walked away. The labs were in the east wing so it was a five minute walk. On that mental note the witch walked a little faster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:17 pm

"I. Do not. Want. To. Go. Out. With. You. So that's still a 'No'. Get used to it."

It didn't matter how fast, or how slow, the cheerleader told him no, Jake simply wasn't going to accept it. There was absolutely no way that Jake was going to give in so easily, and the girl would soon realise that. "I don't think I will." Jake replied, a little smugly. Nope, he was going to get her to agree, one way or another.

"You don't even know my name."

One.

Two.

Three.

Allowing the cheerleader three seconds head start, making it look like he at least balked at the idea of her accusation, Jake set after her. "Well, Marilyn, I think that it's completely unfair for you to throw those accusations around. May I call you Mari? I hear you flit between the two names." The captain replied easily, falling in to step beside her. From the quick look at her papers, and books in her locker, Jake also added the information.

"You're heading to your next class in the labs. Chemistry, right? We share that one on our timetable. Don't you remember?" Jake asked, quirking at an eyebrow. "Let's say you be my partner today for the experiment, and if you still can't stand me after the hour, I'll stop asking you to come to the party with me on Saturday." Jake bargained, a triumphant smile playing on his lips.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Infuriating. That was the most fitting word for the football captain now. Infuriating.

Mari glanced up at him scowling, "Great, now you're stalking me, how romantic. And it's just Marilyn."

Bugger. She'd utterly forgotten he was in her chem lab, mainly because she tended to Partner with her best friend Helen, who was basically Marilyns polar opposite. The girl drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney and for the life of her couldn't fathom why Marilyn was so hardcore about school. But they understood each other perfectly and balanced each other out.

Also, Helen tended to let Marilyn do the intense chemistry 'shit' as she put it while she told Mari about a new club or drug she'd discoveredthat Marilyn 'had to try' (she did not.)

"Let's say you be my partner today for the experiment, and if you still can't stand me after the hour, I'll stop asking you to come to the party with me on Saturday."

"You can ask me all you want I'll still say no." She shot back instantly.
"And anyway, you couldn't keep up with me in chemistry, not a chance," Marilyn added, unsure why she was even entertaining the notion. Unless...

"But." She stopped outside the lab, "Let's say I let you be my lab partner, which means you'll be quiet, take notes and not touch anything, then you have to stop asking me out, period. Not just to the party on saturday." Smirking the chemistry ace was sure she'd be rid of him soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:34 am

"Great, now you're stalking me, how romantic. And it's just Marilyn."

God damn hard to please, this one, Jake thought to himself. Moaning when he didn't know her name, calling him a stalker when he proved her wrong. Telling her that it wasn't him who'd found her name wasn't going to help his cause either. "I'm not trying to be romantic." He shot back instead, settling for that rather than anything else.

Being told the answer wouldn't change didn't deter Jake, not in the slightest. "I'm not far behind you, you know." Jake told Marilyn as she said he had to keep up. "You're the top of class, not going to debate that, but if you took a moment to look, I'm one of the highest marks behind you."

The note taking and silence offer made Jake shake his head at her. "You won't know I'm there." He told the girl, moving past her and taking up the seat next to where Marilyn usually sat. Ready for the next hour because he was going to get this girl on board. One way or another.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:25 am

"I don't look at those behind me because I don't care" Mari shrugged, she couldn't afford to care, if she stressed herself out with comparisons she'd lose her focus. Marilyn definitely couldn't lose her focus. That discipline was what made her confident that she'd soon be rid of the jock now sitting in the seat beside hers.

"You won't know I'm there."

"Like usual then." Mari shot back as she sat down.
When the bell rang and the teacher gave them instructions Marilyn went into full chemistry mode, not even purposefully ignoring the man beside her anymore, just intently concentrated on the experiment, only dictating notes for him to take as if he were anyone else, never looking at him.

When Marilyn was in her focus mode there was next to nothing that could phase her, least of all some football player with something to prove.

the hour went by quickly and soon there were only ten minutes left, which meant time to clean up, review the notes (correct the notes) and hand them in. So Marilyn brought the equipment away, then taking off her safety glasses, holding out a hand for the protocol she'd dictated to him, her eyes at her bag beside her to grab a pen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 am

"I don't look at those behind me because I don't care"

Pompous ass, Jake thought in regards to her reply. Honestly, was this girl so self - absorbed? Or was she just acting. It was hard with cheerleaders, they all acted in a certain manner to fit in. But for a fleeting moment Jake had thought she was different. But he wasn't going to write her off just yet.

The comment of ignoring him riled Jake a little, he wasn't used to such ideas, but he didn't react outwardly as he took out his notebook and pen, waiting for the instructions to come. The moment the experiment started the girl was true to her word. Dictating to him and not allowing him to do anything practical. After the first minute of trying to get a word in, Jake had given in and set to writing the notes As Marilyn spoke. Adding in the bits she'd missed without bringing to her attention she'd made the error.

As the last few minutes arrived, Jake went over the notes as she cleared up, adding a few extra points. His writing had never been the neatest, but it was legible. Holding out the papers to the cheerleader, Jake didn't say a word. There was no point in being smug over proving her wrong, after all.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Jake told her, packing his bag and leaving for his next class. Mike would stay long enough to note her reaction and then feedback. The age old tactic of showing his capability and pretending that she was no longer worth his time. Even if he had wanted to stay to see her reaction for himself, some games were worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:02 am

Reading through the notes her Expression remained blank but inside she was scowling. Okay, so he wasn't completely stupid, he was still a jerk of the first degree. And to her relief there were some bits that weren't quite wrong but also not completely right. So she corrected or added and then turned to hand them in as she heard him say he'd see her tomorrow.

"No you won't." she called out over her shoulder.  

Goddamn jocks. What an entitled brat, she thought to herself as she gathered her things for the next class. Shaking her head she rolled her eyes cursing under her breath and then taking a subtle deep breath and leaving, relieved that her next classes of the day were completely Football-Captain free. "Jackass." she muttered passing Mike without looking at him.  

Helen met the cheerleader at the bike racks with a smirk, ready to grill her about the football player, but one glance at Marilyn expression shut that right up.

It was only a fifteen minute bike ride home for Marilyn (and Helen, who usually came along), but she enjoyed it because it took her through the nicest street in town. Rose Avenue always looked like a scene from Pleasantville and yes, that was slightly creepy, but still beautiful, which was a pretty perfect combo to the 18-year old.  

But today she was a bit too shaken up to enjoy the view as she simply tried to concentrate on getting home. She was nervous; mentally redoing every question in the test she'd taken that morning, making sure there were no mistakes- at least none she could find. But it still had her biting her lip. And all that additional crap with that Neanderthal. Ugh. Why her? Why today? (Why ever, honestly?) Why was he so intent on annoying her?

The girl frowned as she turned into the path to her house, locking her bike and walking through the side door into the living room, "Soy hogar!" she called out, heading towards the kitchen where her father was cooking dinner. "Hola, mija. ¿Cómo estuvo la escuela, la prueba? And you, Helen?"

"I think it went well, I haven't found any mistakes, yet, anyway. ¿Puede Helen quedarse a cenar otra vez?" Mari asked, knowing the answer as well as Helen did who had put her bag next to Marilyn's on the hook on the wall."School was school." Helen repilied, "Didn't get in trouble today." Marilyn repressed a snort and disguised it as a cough.

"I'm glad," Raphael laughed, "Venga, Helen, Maritza, wash your hands, grab an apron and cut the tomatoes, por favor." The two girls obeyed and set to it, Helen washing and Marilyn cutting, knowing that neither of them was any good at cooking and being glad her dad never made them do anything complicated.  

It was a pretty normal day from then on, Marilyn's uneasiness settled and they went about their daily life. When dinner was almost ready Alma came home and gave each of them a hug before changing out of her work clothes and coming back in a comfortable linen dress similar to the shirt her husband wore.  

Alma and Raphael Montez were very simple people, but one of their most pronounced characteristics was their compassion. They'd been pretty bohemian in the nineties when Mari and the twins had been born, and it still showed today. By no means were they wealthy, or even well off. But they got by. It had been harder when the twins had still lived there, the house had been quite crowded with five people at the table, but they got by.

Now the twins, Nora and Zooey had moved out (Nora to Seattle with her boyfriend and Zo to Boston with her girlfriend, both working full-time so they didn't get to visit much) it was a bit easier. The family also had a dog named Jagger, who was a stray they'd found wounded and nursed back to health.

They had a small, two bedroom house (Mari had once shared with her sisters until they'd moved out and she'd gotten the room with the biggest relief) in a bit of a dodgy neighborhood, but they had enough for food and clothes and the couple worked very hard to give their daughters a good life, impressing solid values into them such as gratitude, compassion and a good work ethic.  

They were a large part of the reason Marilyn wanted so badly to make it into a great college on scholarships. And why she would get so uptight about her goal. To her it would be the greatest way to repay her parents for their love and support and she couldn't allow herself to get sidetracked.  

Sure she was a teenager and she'd been to parties, she'd stayed out late sometimes and she'd slept with a few people, but Marilyn all in all was pretty calm and unattached. And above all, focused.  

The family ate dinner, talked and laughed. Mari didn't mention her unpleasant encounters despite Helen's mischievous smirks. Only when they were in Marilyn's room laid out on the sofa-bed with their homework (Marilyn forced Helen to do the bare minimum well enough to graduate) did Helen open her mouth about the boy.

"I say bone him and move on."

Mari grimaced and rolled onto her stomach, "I don't want to bone him, he's a jerk, an entitled, self-absorbed jerk."

"You're not fucking his personality, Mari. Have you seen his body? Or Mike, how about Mike? He's hot and not entirely stupid."

"Wow, Hel, you really know how to sell a guy."

"I'm serious, just fuck him and move on."

"Ew."

"I know you think he's hot..." Helen teased, prodding her with her pen, "Admit it..."

Marilyn laughed and pressed her face into a pillow, "Do you think I can suffocate myself with this?" she wondered aloud, voice slightly muffled.

"Maybe. But you could suffocate him by sitting on his-" Marilyn threw a pillow at her friend before she could finish her sentence and collapsed in a heap of laughter as Helen retaliated.

It ended with both girls red in the face and exhausted on the floor, trying to catch their breath.

"You're still going to the party tomorrow."

"Why do I let you take me to parties?"

"So that you don't become too smart for me, I have to prune your braincells, Mari or your head will swell like Jimmy Neutrons."

Marilyn groaned but gave in, thinking that perhaps by tomorrow he'd have found another conquest.

But the day came and with it the night that left the two girls standing in the middle of a houseparty, by the drinks (of course). Marilyn was just about to decline when she saw a familiar face and changed her mind, accepting and downing the drink. It burned in her throat but Helen was right, it did calm her down.

(Marilyn's Party Outfit that Helen probably forced her into)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 pm

"No you won't."

Jake didn't respond, simply catching Mike's eye before he left. The rest of the day was spent in less than enticing company, and when the bell went for the end of the day, Jake packed up and left the school without waiting around for anyone. It was the same as always, he'd leave without an explanation to his rush, and get to Victoria's middle school.

Nobody knew about Jake's personal life, for the simple reason he knew that people would always try to use your weaknesses against you. That was precisely why he kept his home life and school life completely different.

So everything that happened at school stopped being relevant the moment he picked up his sister.

"How was school today, Vic?" Jake asked as he pushed her wheelchair towards their home. The outskirts of Eden Prairie were quiet, and next to none of the students at his school lived here. Which Jake was eternally grateful.

"It was great. I learnt all about ecosystems today." Victoria replied in the same, overly happy manner that always accompanied her. Chloe was walking to their side, always a prominent feature in the youngest Newbury's life. "We have to make a model for next lesson of an ecosystem of our choice. I'm not sure how I am possibly going to choose just one to do! I don't think it's fair on all the other ones!" Victoria explained, shaking her head at what she believed to be a ridiculous assignment.

The discussed the options all the way home, where they were greeted by the warm embrace of their mom. Victoria obviously accepting it much more graciously than Jake ever would. Both of them moved to the dining table, getting their homework out and sitting quietly together to do the various pieces of work. Nobody got to see this side of Jake, because this wasn't the Jake that would be accepted in school. Nobody wanted to know about a boy who was affectionate, who cared so much for his little sister that he would throw off any engagement just to spend time with her if she asked him to.

No, Jake kept this side of him away from school for the simple fear of ruining his reputation.

It was around seven that his dad finally came home, completing the perfect family scene as he kissed his wife's cheek and sitting down at the table. Dinner was brought out only a few moments later in the usual punctual manner that was a constant in the Newbury house.

Jake wasn't overly hungry that evening, a fact that wasn't missed by his father for even a moment. "Everything all right, son?" Henry asked, raising an eyebrow at Jake for the slow eating.

"Everything is fine, dad." Jake replied softly, raising his fork to his mouth. "Just worrying about my scholarship." He explained through a mouthful of food, earning a chastising from his mother. It didn't matter that it wasn't the whole truth. It was close enough for all intents and purposes right now.

In hindsight, it wasn't the scholarship, it was trying to work out where he was going wrong with Marilyn. But that, was definitely not something he wanted to talk about to his parents. Especially not in front of Victoria. She would always be his favourite, and he would never give her reason to believe otherwise.

After finishing his dinner, Jake excused himself from the table, taking his work and heading up to his room with a thanks to his mom.

Saturday had come, and Jake hadn't picked Marilyn up. For all the good Mike was, he hadn't managed to find out where the girl lived for Jake. It had cost Mike a small bet, but Jake had waved the money away. This game was getting old, and it only ever seemed that Mike was playing anymore.

Still, the two had arrived in smart t-shirts and jeans and headed down to the party at one of the cheerleaders houses. The whole football team was there, naturally, and of course all the cheerleaders had been invited. Jake, for the moment, was tied up with his team, playing drinking games as they always did.

"I have never failed at pulling the girl I want to!" Mike chimed, looking pointedly at Jake as the heckles started around the circle. A unison of "ooooh"'s went around the circle of men, and Jake refused to lift his glass to his lips. "Jaaaaake!"

"I haven't failed yet!" Jake shot back, shaking his head at the antics.

"Not yet, but she's here." Mike amended, nodding his head in the direction of the cheerleader in question. Jake turned to look, noting the attire of the two girls.

"And they'll come over soon enough." Jake replied, turning his best friend back to the group with a smile on his lips as he cast a quick glance to Mari. She looked amazing, he wouldn't deny that. But, Merlin he was not giving her the satisfaction of him making the first move.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 pm

"There he is."
"I'm not looking."
"But he's checking you out."
"No he isnt."
"How do you know if you're not looking?"
Marilyn groaned and downed her refill of...something or other. Helen had mixed it. It tasted good but packed one hell of a punch. The chemist part of Marilyn's personality wondered if it was so strong you could weaponize it. Probably.

"This could be a weapon of mass destruction." she remarked with a raised eyebrow at her best friend who just waved it off with a wry smile and a "You're too kind."
Suddenly her redheaded friend smirked, having spotted another person of interest, "Mhm, Mike's here, too. Mari let's go say hello."
"I don't want to say hello."
"Neither do I but I was trying to put 'Help me bag that hot ass' nicely."

Groaning Marilyn shook her head, simply drinking another one of Helens concoctions, still in a way of looking forward to seeing Helen in action. She always got what she wanted, Mari had to give her that. Her best friend winked at her as she went over to Mike to work her Magic.

Honestly Marilyn didn't really feel like partying at all. Her father had lost his Job only last week and hadn't found anything so far and it was worrying her. No matter how many times her parents told her that it wasn't her Job to worry she did. Mari felt like she shouldn't be at a Party, she should be working or helping or at least studying. Perhaps she could find someone to tutor here...she wondered as she wandered through the masses to find the rest of her squad.

Unfortunately, that led to an alcohol fueled game of truth or dare that she somehow ended up a part of. Normally not too bad a fate. But that was when Helen, Mike in tow, grabbed a couple of Football Players into the game and Mari found herself sitting across from Him.
Fuck... the girl thought as she took another sip of her new drink, feeling a slight buzz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 pm

The boys had been happy on their own, but when a rather attractive young woman joined the ranks, none of them were complaining. Least of all Mike, who seemed to be the centre of the girl's attention. Jake had rolled his eyes at the look from his best friend that was kind of a bragging way of saying he was quite sure he'd be getting some before Jake did.

The captain ignored it, however, looking around for the girl who'd been with the redhead not a moment before. It seemed they weren't going to be staying together that evening, and Jake's attention got brought back to the drinking game that was going on with his group of friends.

It continued for some time, none of them thinking about moving away because they all seemed to be having fun, until the cheerleaders decided they wanted to play a game of truth or dare in that moment. Jake obliged, taking up a seat in the circle. It was then, that Jake noted that Marilyn was sat in the circle, and as much as he didn't wish to acknowledge that, he couldn't deny that it was already making the game better.

The football captain simply sat back, sipping at his beer and watching the game going around and around. The bottle landed on Mike early on, and with it, came the first make out session of the evening, right in front of everybody because it seemed neither of them had any shame. After what seemed like an eternity of waiting for them to break apart, the bottle was spun once more and this time, it landed on Jake, who didn't even wait for the question.

"Dare." He said at once, because he never chose truth in these games.

"I dare you to belly shot off of Marilyn." Mike replied almost instantly, never being one to need to think for long about these things. Jake shrugged, pretending not to be in any way phased by this suggestion before moving around the circle to the girl in question.

Another cheerleader supplied the alcohol, moving next to Marilyn and waiting for her to get herself ready for her role in the dare. Jake was simply smiling, highly amused at the prospect of what was about to happen, and trying to decide just how he was going to carry this out.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:57 pm

The game was going alright, at least for Helen and Mike who were attached at the lips early on in it. Mari thankfully had been spared thus far, sipping more of her drink as time passed.
But then it landed on him and words reached her ears that didn't compute for a second

Marilyn was going to kill Mike. Maim him. And she was going to take away Helens weed for a week. Or two weeks.

And he. He just looked completely calm, like he didn't even care or like he hadn't been bugging her so much to go out, such an infuriating, entitled...

But Marilyn could play that game, too. So the girl moved to lay on her back, knees angled and pulled her cropped top up a bit further, exposing her smoothly toned abs and the glint of red and silver. Her expression calm and neutral as if it had been anybody else.

"Careful with my piercing, Newbury." she muttered as she rested her head back on the carpet, waiting for him to get on with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:14 pm

With the cheerleader led back out flat, pulling her top up just a little bit more. A wolfish grin touched his features as a few wolf whistles went around the room. Obviously, he was not the only one who thought Marilyn was highly attractive.

"Careful with my piercing, Newbury."

Jake didn't respond to that, watching as the other cheerleader carefully and randomly, poured alcohol over the witch's body. Jake took only the briefest of moments to take in where the alcohol came to rest before lowering his head down to the girl's stomach, above her belly button to start.

The football captain was in absolutely no rush as his tongue rolled so very slowly over Marilyn's stomach muscles, taking in the small amount of alcohol that had been given and making the most of it when he got to the end of the first trail, sucking lightly on the skin. Making absolutely sure that he did not miss even a drop of alcohol as he moved on to the next one.

Once again, Jake so very slowly rolled his tongue over the perfectly toned muscles that were on display. He'd all but blanked out the noise of the others heckling them, or the curses coming from the head cheerleader aimed towards Marilyn. The softness of her skin was something that he hadn't expected from the spiky persona she'd been giving off - regardless of how stupid that sounded, but Jake was enjoying himself. So much so he allowed his teeth to gently graze the skin before he sucked the excess alcohol from her skin.

The third and final amount of alcohol had been put just below the girls belly button and the piercing, and Jake noted how it had slowly began to roll down towards the waistband of her shorts. The smirk on Jake's lips grew as he moved down, using his tongue to push the liquid further down rather than lapping it up. As requested, he stayed away from the piercing, dipping his head down once more to slowly follow the slowly moving liquid. This time, everything seemed to go in such slow motion, Jake didn't even feel the moment. Running down the muscle, Jake just about caught up with the liquid before it hit the girl's waistband.

Thankfully, the girl's legs had been bent up for cover, leaving Jake to use that to his advantage as he sucked just a little harder than necessary above her waistband, hopefully leaving a mark as he pulled away. Jake didn't say a word to the witch, leaning in to spin the bottle for the next person, but purposefully not moving away as he sat still next to her with a huge, shit-eating grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Nothing in her past eighteen years on this obviously godforsaken planet could have prepared her for this Moment. Ignoring the wolfwhistles was easy because as soon as his mouth touched her skin she could feel herself grow warmer, luckily not blushing though.
She did however bite her lip and look over at Helen (from whom a wolfwhistle had come) and mouth "I'm taking your stash."

And she did feel satisfied with the glare she recieved in return. Unfortunately that left her not ready for the tongue now rolling over her muscles and she tensed up as he took his time, cursing him, Helen and the whole wide world for this moment.

When he reached the second area she felt teeth and it took an admirable amount of Focus to not gasp or arch her back. But she managed. True, her expression looked strained, but that was it. Years of self control were paying off when it counted and Mari couldn't have been more grateful.

Despite the teet grazing, he was being shockingly gentle in his ways and his lips were soft and warm. Pleasant, even.
If it had been anyone but him, of course.
However Helens advice was paying her strained mind a visit and it was difficult to bat away...

Marilyn was ripped from her thoughts when she realized that he was pushing the liquid further down and her stomach muscles tenses a bit more as he finally stopped right at her waistband. Oh, that sneaky son of a- Marilyn's eyes widened as he sucked hard enough to leave a mark, clenching her left hand to a fist as he stopped as quickly as he'd left it.

Before anyone could see the mark she pulled her shirt back down and sat up, lips pursed as he spun the bottle...and it landed on her.

Making sure her voice matched the subtle glare in her eyes she Held his gaze and said, "Dare." before he could even ask. She didn't do truth. Marilyn found that letting People Close meant showing weakness. And weakness could bring you to your knees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:57 pm

The whole time he'd been working on getting rid of the alcohol from Marilyn's stomach, Jake could feel her muscles moving as he did. Which only helped to make the football captain much more cocky in that situation than was probably allowed.

But neither one of them spoke afterwards, causing a slight tension between the group as they eyed each of them. A reaction was probably more of what they wanted than the actual dare, and neither one of them seemed to be delivering.

Watching the bottle, Jake raised his eyebrow when it landed on the cheerleader sat beside him. Now, it was his turn to call the shots, and almost instantly the word he wanted to hear left Marilyn's mouth.

"Dare."

"I dare you to do the seven minutes of heaven with... me." Jake told the girl as everyone waited on baited breath for Marilyn's answer. Jake, despite calling the dare, was quite sure he was going to get slapped, or drenched in some kind of cocktail in the next few moments, yet he'd still dared her.

Now, they just had to see if she had the balls to follow it through.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Marilyn's expression didn't change and she could practically hear what everyone was thinking. That she was going to slap him or drench him or kill him. But the Cheerleader simply locked eyes with Helen and the other girl grinned at her, giving her a sly thumbs up.

So Marilyn simply got up and started walking very calmly to the closet, pausing halfway to look over her shoulder, "You coming or not?" and then keep walking until she heard steps follow her into the thankfully spacious closet.

When he was actually in front of her Marilyn just closed the door and looked up at him briefly in the dim lighting from the single lightbulb hanging in the closet. Then she grabbed him by the collar and pulled him down to kiss him hard, no affection or tenderness, just her lips hot against his as she closed her eyes, arms sliding up around his neck as she waited for him to just take over.

When the kiss broke she was pressed against the wall panting slightly with red lips.

"That all you got, Newbury?" she whispered, a challenge more than anything else. Marilyn was going to settle this- whatever it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:37 pm

The whole room went silent, waiting for Marilyn to say or do something, and even when she did do something, Jake was not even sure what was happening in that moment. He waited for a moment as Marilyn got up and started moving towards the closet, looking thoroughly stunned for a moment. Of all the things he'd been expecting, following the witch in to the closet had not been one of them.

But he did, not too fast though, because he was not desperate.

The door had barely closed when the cheerleader threw herself at him, barely giving Jake enough time to take a breath. He relaxed a moment later though, kissing Mari back just as firmly as she was kissing him.

"That all you got, Newbury?"

"It'd take me more than seven minutes to show you what I've got." Jake replied in a soft growl, pressing his lips back to Marilyn's, his tongue pressing through her lips not a moment later. His hands moved to her thighs, pulling her up so that she was level with his hips as he held her against the wall. Once sure that she was going to stay in place, Jake's hands moved over her curves. Enjoying himself, even if the witch wasn't likely to give him exactly what he wanted.

It was seven minutes, after all, that was plenty of time to change her mind.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 pm

"It'd take me more than seven minutes to show you what I've got."
Marilyn parted her lips to let his tongue in, her fingers twisting in his hair as she felt his hands pull her up by her thighs and wrapped her legs around his hips, pushing against him and sliding her tongue into his mouth with a soft moan.

"Then I guess you're gonna have to try harder." she whispered, breaking away from his lips and the taste that would probably haunt her dreams that night, but she wasn't thinking about that, and moving to nibble his earlobe and down his neck.

As his hands wandered over her Body she rotated her hips slightly against his, they were making out heavily now. It was almost like fight, not for dominance, that wasn't Marilyns Cup of tea, but for something...she wasn't sure of. But it didn't matter to her then. Mari was focused on making this enjoyable and good.

And then it would be done. And he'd leave her alone and she'd get a good lay out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:27 am

"Then I guess you're gonna have to try harder."

Jake bit back his retort of not really trying and already bringing a moan from her. It wasn't his goal to out do Marilyn. So instead he simply kissed her with everything he had, making sure that if this was all he was going to get that she'd at least look like they'd had a good time in here.

When Marilyn's lips moved to his neck, her hips grinding against his, Jake let out a soft groan as he sought out her lips. His own hips responded, along with the rest of him, pressing himself firmly against the cheerleader to make sure she could feel the reaction she was causing.

It would win her over, Jake hoped as his left hand ran under her shirt to touch the soft skin his lips had already had the privilege of touching.

Seven minutes, Jake realised as he jumped at the sound of someone knocking on the door outside, was not very long. Especially when you got caught up in the moment. Jake let out a soft sigh as he slowly pulled away from Marilyn, his lips already swollen from the numerous times she'd playfully nipped his lower lip. His breathing was faster than normal, but instead of a smirk, Jake had a small smile on his lips.

Letting the cheerleader down, Jake took the girl's hand, not bothering for what she or anyone else might say. Exiting the cupboard to a round of applause from everyone who seemed to know what had happened without obviously seeing. Grabbing a couple of beers from the side, Jake led the way upstairs, ignoring the cat calls that followed them until he found a room that looked adequate for what they needed.

Or what he hoped they'd need.

Once the door was shut, Jake pressed his lips to Marilyn's again, hoping that the fire wasn't lost. That she wouldn't back down. Because he needed this right now, even if he couldn't explain why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next