Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:57 am

"Breathe, honey..."

"I am." Jake replied softly, appreciating the notion but still being uptight. The ceremony began not long after, and once the principal had done his piece, Jake knew it would be Mari, purely because she'd received the highest grade average. Something that Victoria had been astounded with when she was told, and blurted out that she wanted to be just like Mari when she was older - much to the amusement of everyone present at the time.

*Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you, Always...
Kiss you, taste you, all night, Always...*

Jake let out a soft chuckle at the choice of song from Marilyn, getting a questioning look from Victoria. Jake waved it away as best he could in that moment, motioning for Victoria listen to the speech. Marilyn delivered it perfectly, not too dissimilar to how they'd practiced it again and again to make sure she knew it by heart so she didn't have to rely on her notes. When Marilyn was finished (with a great cheer from both the football team and the cheerleaders) Jake welcomed her back with a small smile.

"How was I?"

"Perfect, as always." Jake replied as the teachers began to call up people. There wasn't an order to it. Mike had gone up to a song that Jake and he had found highly amusing, given Mike's prospect at a radio job one day. "You can't see tits on the radio." sounded through the speakers and Jake let out a soft laugh that his best friend had the balls to go through with that.

Catherine also went up to a trashy 90's song that Jake couldn't place. He was also quite sure people were laughing at her as opposed to with her.

When Jake's time came to come up, he paused before getting to his feet. Honestly, there wasn't a song he was overly fond of, but this one had been amusing.

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me

The crowd had gone very silent when Jake had posed for a photo being taken by a child in a wheelchair, but Jake ignored it, concentrating solely on Victoria to not react anymore than he had. Until finally his family joined back with Mari's. The ceremony continued at a slow but steady pace, until the football team was called to the podium. Being the captain, Jake had had to come up with a speech, but unlike Mari he hadn't practiced his, because this... was special.

"As you are probably aware, either from your sons and daughters excited retelling of school news, or from the carefully crafted school newsletter, the team and I managed one of the biggest wins in the school history this year. Coming first in the state competition and getting all the way to the semi-finals in the national cup." Jake paused for the cheer, a small smile on his lips.

"It was through the hard work and dedication of my team that proved we had what it takes to get up in the big leagues. I'm proud of everyone on my team, and would like to say a resounding thank you for making my life as captain of the squad a breeze.

"A special thanks to all the staff here, the coaches, the teachers who travelled, the cheerleaders, the water boys. All of you made it all possible.

"I would also like to thank my girlfriend, Mari, for being the most understanding of people in regards to the crazy fitness regimes and timings of training. She's sat with me when I've felt the stress of each game and calmed me back down ("I bet!" Mike called out to a cheer from the crowd.). But Mari, thank you for being the best girlfriend that could possibly be asked for.

"But... probably most important in all of my school life... I'd like to thank my mom, my dad and my little sister Victoria. Many people won't know about those three people whom I go home to every day, and that is not your fault. But those three have pushed me through without really knowing it. Especially Victoria... You know how to push a guy through, kiddo!" Jake summarised, ignoring the slight wobble in his voice as emotions hit him. Some people turned, only to see Victoria waving happily back at them.

"But without further ado, the state champions of Minnesota!" Jake declared, lifting up the trophy to mass cheers and streamers. The team moved back to their seats and Jake... felt much better.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 6:16 am

"I would also like to thank my girlfriend, Mari, for being the most understanding of people in regards to the crazy fitness regimes and timings of training. She's sat with me when I've felt the stress of each game and calmed me back down. But Mari, thank you for being the best girlfriend that could possibly be asked for."

Marilyn's smile grew with each word that was spoken, focusing very hard not to get teary eyed, instead just thinking about how lucky she was to have Jake, how giving him a chance had been one of the best choices of her life. And how she wouldn't trade him for all the scientific recognition in the world.

Jake's family smiled warmly at the young scientist at Jake's loving words and Victoria looked so happy she might explode in a burst of confetti, but even more so when Jake's speech turned to her. Mari's heart surged at the sheer amount of happy satisfaction she felt as Jake came back into his seat, Victoria excitedly hugging him the best she could and when she was done Marilyn gave him a slow kiss.

"That was amazing, I am so proud of you."
she murmured, whilst their principal continued on with the ceremony, but Marilyn wasn't paying attention to it, she was too busy smiling at her boyfriend. Their parents grinned at each other over the couple, grateful that their kids had found someone who did them good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 am

After the brief hug from Victoria and the kiss from Mari, Jake felt much more relaxed since his speech. It had been weighing on him greatly, but now that was done, there was a lot less to worry about now.

"That was amazing, I am so proud of you."

"Thank you." Jake breathed back, settling in to holding her close as the ceremony finished around them. Jake couldn't have been more relieved, and as the afternoon continued, with many and more of his teammates and friends coming over to meet his little sister. None mentioned never knowing of her, and all took kindly to her being a part of his life.

When all the pleasantries were over, Jake's parents invited Marilyn's for dinner, something that was accepted happily by the family. The evening was fun and relaxed, discussing the future and everything it would hold.

Only when the young couple climbed in to bed together did Jake summarise that if this was what the rest of life was going to entail, he didn't want to change a thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)   High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

High School AU (PG-13 Mari & Jake)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5