Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

light speed (victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

light speed (victoria) Empty
PostSubject: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:57 am

It was, by now, known that Isabelle Dimonté was a typical Wormwood, chosing to devote her time to books over everything else. Muggle fiction was her favourite: that had long since been decided. Muggles had such an interesting outlook on life, though that was probably because they had found ways of doing everything without using magic. It was baffling to her, really, that they had managed to do it.

So yes, Isabelle liked to read. Her attitude had always been that books held the adventures that the mind couldn't, but there was always something that she didn't understand. Why didn't other people love to read? She found it soothing, so much so that the library had become her go-to destination for any kind of stressful situation.

That was where she had ended up that day; sitting in the back of the library with her nose in a book. She wasn't even sat at a desk, instead choosing to lean up against the wall furthest away from the entrance with a bulky book in her lap. Very few people knew about the muggle literature section of the library, she concluded, because every time she showed up and scanned the shelves there was rarely anyone else there.

The soft sound of her own breathing was enough to send her into a trance-like state almost instantaneously, the words of Charles Dickins' Great Expectations being traced through her eyes as she calmed herself. It was one person, Isabelle she murmured. It was only one person...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:09 am

School being back was one of a vast list of things that made Victoria happy. Truth be told, there was very rarely a time when the Wormwood was not happy, but that was irrelevant. School made her much more happy than normal, only outdone by seeing her big brother. The young witch had decided that today she would visit the library, she had more than over read The Tales of Beedle the Bard now, so she needed some new material.

Moving towards the back of the library, Victoria turned in to the Muggle fiction area, perusing the shelves for something that she would like to read today. Victoria was entranced with the titles of many books so this was becoming such a difficult task. Nearing the end of the row of shelves, Victoria noted there was someone on the floor, reading.

But not just anyone.

"Hey... It's Isabelle, right?" Victoria asked softly, hoping she wouldn't frighten the young witch. "Oh, Great Expectations, great read!" She praised the younger witch's choice, offering a smile at the same time. "I'm Victoria, I saw you in Duelling, I'm sorry we couldn't sit together." The witch supplied, hoping to make amends for what had happened that day.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:12 am

"Hey... It's Isabelle, right?"

The Wormwood looked up at her housemate with a pleasant smile, the other girl's happiness radiating off her and it seemed to make Isabelle feel happier too. It made a change from everywhere else around the school: people seemed to be stressed out left right and center, so to feel someone's happiness instead of their misery felt great. Oh, the girl loved being an empath sometimes. "That's me!" she said cheerily. "It's great to see you again, Victoria!"

"I'm Victoria, I saw you in Duelling, I'm sorry we couldn't sit together."

"No harm, no foul," the younger of the two witches assured, shuffling slightly to get comfortable on the floor. "Honestly, it's okay. Maybe we can sit together next class!" The girl was excited at the thought; Victoria seemed like a very lovely girl and if there was a chance that the two could get along, Isabelle was going to make it happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:24 am

"Honestly, it's okay. Maybe we can sit together next class!"

"Absolutely!" Victoria agreed happily, it would be nice to sit with someone around her own age and that she knew outside of lessons. Even if this was their first meeting, Victoria had high hopes for her friendship with the younger Wormwood. Already. "You can come and sit next to me anytime, I always seem to be one of the first in to the lesson anyways!" She assured the younger witch with a warm smile.

Victoria looked back to the shelves and noticed one very famous name on the shelves. Terry Pratchett. With a smile, the witch too out a book Mort and then took a seat on the floor opposite Isabelle. "Do you come in here often?" Victoria asked, trying to work out what the younger witch liked to do. "Socially, I mean, Merlin knows us Wormwoods are constantly in and out of here for books in regards to lessons!" A soft chuckle left Victoria then, an almost conspiring sound.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:31 pm

"You can come and sit next to me anytime, I always seem to be one of the first in to the lesson anyways!"

"I've noticed," Isabelle said with nothing but nice intentions, though as soon as the words left her lips she figured that there may have been a better way to phrase it. "Not that that's a bad thing of course; it's great that you're always so keen to learn!" She smiled to herself, hoping that Victoria wouldn't be offended by her little tongue slip. Engage your brain before you speak, Isa! the third year thought with a mental shake of her head.

"Socially, I mean, Merlin knows us Wormwoods are constantly in and out of here for books in regards to lessons!"

Isabelle let out a bit of a giggle at the girl's words, knowing it was too true but finding the Wormwood stereotype that fitted her so well to be ever amusing to her ears. "I guess so. It depends what mood I'm in really; being back here is so relaxing but sometimes all I want to do is go outside and look around, you know?" She hoped the other girl would understand. There was always something new in the grounds of Salem, one just had to know where to look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:46 pm

"Not that that's a bad thing of course; it's great that you're always so keen to learn!

"I knew what you meant." Victoria replied, seeing the girl was working herself up a little bit. "Learning is magical, books were, and still are, my respite for many years. I learnt so many things, and I have excelled in so many of my classes because of it. I don't feel ashamed to say I love learning, either. It's just... magical what you can find out." The gushing was very much like Victoria when on the subject of books, and she didn't care if people thought she was weird. She loved learning, and she loved books, nothing people could say would deter her from that.

At the mention of exploring, Victoria smiled widely. "I love to explore too! But, I also dance and help look after the magical creatures in my free time. I also joined the Quidditch team this year. As Seeker. So hopefully that will go well!" Victoria explained, looking pretty confident at the idea.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:39 pm

"It's just... magical what you can find out."

Finally, Isabelle thought to herself, grinning a lot at the other Wormwood's attitude. Finally someone else. "Everyone else thinks I'm odd," she admitted a little bashfully, a light pink hue to her cheeks as she started. "They think that I shouldn't like school and learning. They think I'm too positive. I'm just different," the third year concluded with a soft smile, nodding as if to assure herself that it was true. "They just don't understand how lucky they are."

Never before had the young girl found someone else who shared all of her interests. At home, there had been one or two who enjoyed reading, but never to the extent that Isabelle did. Very few liked to explore as much as she, and no-one as of yet had shared her passion for making people happy. Heck, last valentines she'd even gone to the trouble of putting a handful of roses outside all of the Wormwood dormitories to make sure that no-one felt left out. "Good luck! I would have joined but I'm hopeless at sports. Still, if I can make people happy without getting on a broom, I'm sure I'll be just fine!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:03 am

"Everyone else thinks I'm odd,"

Victoria looked at the younger witch with a hint of confusion before it was explained to her as to why people thought she was weird. The Wormwood shook her head. "There is nothing odd about liking books, or school. In my opinion, everyone likes their own things, and we should never judge them for it. But rather... embrace the differences." Victoria explained, her smile returning in full show a moment later.

"I don't think anybody knows how lucky they are." Victoria smiled. "Not to the full extent, anyway." She added, not trying to make people sound too bad in the whole scheme of things. Victoria was very aware that she was very lucky in many things in life, but she was also aware she had likely missed a few things too.

"Good luck! I would have joined but I'm hopeless at sports. Still, if I can make people happy without getting on a broom, I'm sure I'll be just fine!"

"I think that you could make anyone happy. Flying or not. But if you wanted to learn, I could try to help you. My brother is much better though, you know Jake, don't you?" Victoria asked, not boasting but kind of offering her brother's services because he was a nice man.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 pm

"Not to the full extent, anyway."

The younger girl gave a nod and a soft noise of her agreement, hoping that she hadn't come across as having put an awful stereotype on the rest of the world by her words. Obviously there were people who had it worse than her, there always would be, and there would always be those who had it better too. That was fine, as well, because some people were lucky and some people weren't; the fun part was trying to have fun nonetheless.

"My brother is much better though, you know Jake, don't you?"

Isabelle nodded enthusiastically, then. Yes, she remembered him; Professor Newbury from Defense Against the Dark Arts. He'd congratulated her on her successful defeat of the boggart, an experience that she had enjoyed thoroughly but would rather not relive if she had the chance. "I remember him! His boggart was of a girl leaving, right? That was so sweet, I hope I can find someone who cares about me like that one day..."

In all fairness, relationships at her age weren't at the forefront of her mind, but she was only female, and like many others she'd already dreamed up her fantasy life. The big white wedding and the happy family; it sounded like bliss, but school was more important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:00 am

The agreement to her statement made Victoria smile. It was nice to have people agree with you, especially on such topics. Lots of people didn't understand the true luck that they'd been given in the world, not until it was too late, anyway. Which was exactly why Victoria cherished everything.

"I remember him! His boggart was of a girl leaving, right? That was so sweet, I hope I can find someone who cares about me like that one day..."

"It is, it was Professor Harrington, or Azalea, the Herbology Professor. They've been dating for over three years now." Victoria explained, the smile on her lips faltering for a moment. "I don't know why Jake's Boggart is of her leaving though. They're so in love with one another, I don't think they could ever be apart." The Wormwood paused for a moment, shaking her head at the idea.

"I think everyone wants someone like that." Victoria replied wistfully. Her parents were perfectly happy together, Jake had Azalea and one day, she would find a boy that looked at her just like Jake looked at Azalea. "But, I have to finish my studies first. They're incredibly important." She added.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:08 pm

"I don't think they could ever be apart."

The inseperability of the couple that she barely even knew had Isabelle in complete awe. She'd only ever seen that kind of affection between her parents. The relationships she'd seen around school, namely in the "private" parts of the grounds that she assumed the people thought were mainly unvisited, didn't seem to have that kind of love; it was mostly icky demonstrations and generic PDA that made her sort of want to be sick.

"But, I have to finish my studies first."

Most impressively, though it really shouldn't have been from what she already knew of the older witch through classes, she shared the conception that schooling was of more importance than relationships at their age. "I don't think I'd want one until I leave school," she admitted. "I'd like to make it that much more special, you know?" The Wormwood really hoped that Victoria understood where she was coming from, otherwise she'd probably just look strange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:49 pm

"I don't think I'd want one until I leave school," she admitted. "I'd like to make it that much more special, you know?"

"Oh, I understand completely!" Victoria replied with a warm smile. She did not plan on looking for a boyfriend, or girlfriend, until she'd finished school. Not that Victoria had thought about having a girlfriend past the time Azalea spoke about the birds and the bees. But Victoria would not rule that idea out. "I mean, for some people it works, like Jake. But I know that I couldn't give the other person enough time, what with everything I do. And a distraction from learning..."

The idea was preposterous.

"Which is exactly what I am doing right now to you!" Victoria realised, shaking her head and taking out her book. "Do you mind if we sit together and read? I promise not to bug you any more." Victoria asked, her Arithmancy book in hand as she looked to her fellow Wormwood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: light speed (victoria)   light speed (victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

light speed (victoria)
Page 1 of 1