Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I love the night sky (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

I love the night sky (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:41 am

Ares had been sneaking up to the rooftop ever since he arrived at Salem the previous year, it was a great view to look at and he loved the night sky. It must be in his blood because he knew that from his mother he was born late at night while his siblings were born during the day. Like he has always said, he was the odd one out and always will be. The only thing he has in common with his siblings mostly is the love for pranks but the two other Oxtons were growing out of it. Ares was lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear someone come up here to join him, he was too busy zoning out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 am

It was nearing sundown, Victoria had about an hour before curfew, and surprisingly she was up to date with both her fourth year work, and fifth year work. Trying to get in to a position where you could sit your O.W.L.S a year early was tough at the best of times, but on top of all of Victoria's extra-curricular activities, it really was putting the Wormwood to the test.

Which was exactly why she headed to the roof to take some time out. A pad of paper and a pencil so she could sit and draw the landscape, or write something as she saw fit. The roof was always quiet. Skipping up the steps, Victoria opened the door and moved towards the ledge. Only to stop halfway across the roof as she noticed someone. But not just anyone, Ares.

"Hi Ares, how are you?" Victoria asked the boy, moving closer to where he was. The witch gave him a warm smile, taking up the position next to him. "What brings you up here?" She added a moment later, looking out across the view. "I'm not disturbing you, am I? I can go if you'd like me to?" The quick addition came as she realised she probably wasn't the only one who needed a break right now.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:34 am

When Ares heard someone greet him he turned his head to look at the older girl in front of him. It was non other then Victoria Newbury, the younger sister to the DADA Professor, she was also in Wormwood with him. He never really got to talk to her alone before but would mostly see her in classes since outside of classes he was always pranking someone and then getting scolded by Apollo.

"Hi Victoria, I am doing good what about you?" He asked trying to be polite to the girl. When she asked what brought him up here he turned his blue eyes too look at the sky and shrugged. "Nothing really, thinking and enjoying the night sky" Ares answered. "You?" It was then that he noticed she had paper and a pencil in her hand. 'She must be up here to write' Ares thought to himself. When she asked if she was disturbing him he shook his head. "No, you can stay I don't mind" Ares replied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:22 pm

"Hi Victoria, I am doing good what about you?"

"I'm great, thank you, the sky is looking simply magnificent, don't you think?" The witch asked, taking in the winter sky with a fond smile. January was growing warmer, and marginally sunset was getting later. It would be spring soon enough, and the warmth would return to Salem in full swing.

When he said he was thinking, Victoria smiled. "Wormwood trait, huh? Anything exciting?" She asked, before realising that was probably a little nosey. "If you'd like to share, of course." The witch added, knowing that some people didn't like to talk openly. Victoria couldn't understand that though, she liked to talk things through with people so she could understand them clearly. "I just came up here to see the sunset, it's been a while since I was up here. Probably the last time I was here was when Jake was still at school." The witch explained, a fond smile touching her lips at the mention of her brother.

Victoria smiled at Ares when he said she could stay, he seemed like a nice boy. "Thank you." She whispered, looking across the grounds and taking in the splendour of the surrounding area. You could see for quite some miles up her, and it was breath-taking.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:21 pm

When she asked about the sky looking magnificent Ares couldn't help but agree with her. "It most certainly is" he replied. It was such a sight to him, sometimes he'd love to just make a tent and sleep outside underneath the night's sky.

When she asked if it was anything exciting he shook his head. "No, just thinking about some family drama that went down not that long ago" Ares answered. "I don't want to annoy you with any problems of mine, you probably have more important things to do then sit here and want to know what is on my mind" Ares knew that not a lot of people cared and that was fine with him, he could careless because there were people in this school who he'd never trust with his secrets if he had any. "Well the sun does set nice up here" Ares had to agree once more.

"No problem Victoria" Ares shrugged, he didn't mind the company of the older girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:07 am

"No, just thinking about some family drama that went down not that long ago"

Victoria didn't like the sound of family drama, and tentatively put her arm around the younger boy in a manner she hoped would help him. "I'm sorry to hear that, Ares." Victoria whispered, almost afraid of speaking too loudly. But when the boy said she wouldn't want to hear, Victoria shook her head. "Actually, Ares, if it would help you, I would happily listen." She told the boy, giving him a reassuring smile. "If I can help in any way, I will." The older Wormwood explained, hoping to put him at ease in the current situation.

At the mention of the sun setting nicely up here, Victoria just nodded, leaning on the rail of the roof and looking up to the sky. Sometimes you didn't need to talk, and sometimes you did. But, if she could prove anything to Ares, even though they'd only just met, whilst she was here, he wouldn't have to go through anything alone.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:05 am

Family drama was the worst and everyone knew that, that is why he wasn't surprised with Victoria's facial expression. "Thank you Victoria" Ares meant it. When she said how she would happily listen Ares shook his head. "Its fine really" the Wormwood knew it was a lie somewhat. When Victoria replied he sighed. The girl obviously wasn't going to stop pushing. "If you can build a machine that can make me not a disappointment in my in my family's eyes then fire away" he knew it was impossible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 am

The initial comment of being fine Victoria knew wasn't true. Jake did the same thing at times, but inevitably your body language gave you away. The older Wormwood didn't speak, allowing him time to think things through. Time was always the best way to get through things.

"If you can build a machine that can make me not a disappointment in my in my family's eyes then fire away"

"You don't need a machine to do that." Victoria supplied with a smile. "All you need is determination to succeed. Is it with your studies? Because you're in the best house if you need help with that!" The witch explained, giving the boy a reassuring smile. "I can help you if you're struggling?"
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 am

When Victoria said how he was the best in the house he shook his head. "No I'm not, I'm a screw up. My siblings are always out shining me, my parents wonder why I am not as good as them, they want my pranks to stop and for me to grow up. Like I'm sick of it all, my parents want me to change my 'childish ways' and become a great student and to stop my pranks and then it doesn't help that Apollo is always in my business and since he is Prefect he is always breathing down my neck. Aphrodite is the only one who doesn't bug me or get in my business" Ares ranted.

"I just don't want to keep being a disappointment, I think it would be entirely better if I wasn't around" Ares sighed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 pm

As Ares took off in to a full rant on what was wrong, Victoria listened quietly. Her parents had never taken favour of Jake or herself, they were good parents who encouraged everything their children wanted to do. Granted, neither Victoria nor Jake had given them a problem that needed solving, but Victoria still didn't see that the situation was in anyway fair. "You know, I always believed that the best way to look at life is by looking at what makes you happy. Other people can be pleased quite easily." The witch told the younger boy.

"You should always listen to your parents, they have a better understanding of the world. But, you should never make yourself unhappy. So what do we do if opinions clash? We work on a compromise." Victoria explained to the younger Wormwood, still smiling, this boy needed some love in his life, Victoria decided. Shuffling closer, the witch put an arm around Ares. "You don't have to give up pranking, if you give them a promise to work hard at your studies. Which, as a Wormwood, can't be too taxing, right?" She asked, looking at the boy hopefully. Books and knowledge came easily to some people, others had to work for it.

But nothing in life was impossible.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:37 am

Ares couldn't help but shake his head at her. "There is.only one thing that makes me really happy but it also gets me in trouble so it doesn't really help because my parents or brother always finds out and they get all on my case" Ares explains to Victoria. The Wormwood boy hated how his family always got on his case.

Ares was confused on Victoria actually putting her arm around him, she gave him advice and he knew it was up to him to take it or not. "You just don't get it, no matter how hard I try to make my parents proud they always have something to say. I know last year when my siblings got Student of the Year and my parents got mad when I didn't get it along with them" Ares rolled his eyes. "I hate how they expect so much" he continued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:07 pm

"If pranking makes you happy, don't stop." Victoria suggested, she hadn't heard of the boys pranks, so she couldn't make too many comments. "Just become more Nightshade, and don't get caught." The witch advised, smiling widely. True, Victoria followed the rules, but that didn't mean her intelligence couldn't be used to help others be happy.

"You know, Student of the Year isn't all it's made up to be." Victoria explained, shrugging slightly. "In our house, anyway. Wormwoods are all clever, all of us work hard, Merlin, almost all of us are doing extra homework. Every Wormwood deserves that badge, so honestly, don' beat yourself up about it." The witch explained, feeling slightly guilty that she'd taken the prize away from the younger boy, but then, she worked amazingly hard to get there.

"Parents don't always see how their words affect us, Ares." Victoria explained, letting the boy go. "So long as you know you're trying your best, that's all that will ever matter, because in the long run of life, it's only what you do that people will remember you for."

Reaching in to her pocket, Victoria took out a lollipop she'd received. "Here, have this, my brother sent me a box from a sweet maker in England, they're delicious!"
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:49 am

Ares couldn't help but smirk at what she said. "Nah, I'd rather stay Wormwood, obviously I was put in Wormwood for a reason, just need to find out what that reason is. Besides being in the same house as my brother is quite scary. I'll pass" Ares replied.

When Victoria explained how being Student of the Year wasn't a big deal he nodded. "I know it isn't but to be honest, I don't really want it, I'm just doing good in school so my parents don't give me another lecture. They're quite boring and I don't really like to listen really" Ares told her what he does and felt. Yes it would be cool to rub it in his parents faces but it didn't matter to him like it did his siblings.

"You're so right Victoria that its kind of creepy, but in a good way" Ares didn't like admitting when someone was right but now wasn't the time for that.

Victoria handed him a lollipop and he shook his head. "No, it was a gift to you so you keep it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:17 am

"I didn't mean move, Ares." Victoria amended when he took her literally. "I simply meant that houses do not define us, you can use the qualities from all the houses. Sneaky, brave, brainy, popular, quiet, nice. Just because you're a Wormwood, doesn't mean you can't be all of these things." She explained, hoping the boy would see that despite being placed in a house, it didn't have to cause segregation.

At the mention of not listening to his parents, Victoria felt sorry for Ares' parents. "You know they only say things to help you make the right decisions, Ares?" Victoria supplied, she'd always respected her parents, knowing they knew what was best for her, though, unlike Ares, she'd never had confrontations with them. "You should listen to them, even if you don't always agree. They're older and wiser, and possibly they could teach you something."

When he declined the lolly because it was a gift, Victoria let out a soft chuckle. "I have lots of them, you can have this one." She insisted, because Jake had gone overboard on his gifts, and if she ate all of them, she was never going to be able to dance.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:41 am

Ares chuckled at her response, he knew what she meant. "Victoria, I know what you meant, what I meant was that even though like you just said I can be all of the houses instead of one. I am a Wormwood at heart and even though I most likely have all those things inside of me, I'll always be more Wormwood then Belladonna and Nightshade" he explains to her.

Ares sighs, he had heard that once before. "I remember when I first became a pranker, I was five and Aphrodite was seven. She said that exact same thing to me and like I told her, just because they're my parents they will always be wrong when it comes to my life. They think if I do better or pay attention better I'll become like my older siblings but they're wrong. I will always be me" Ares replies.

Ares gave a small grin. "Thanks" he took the lollipop from her hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:20 am

When the boy explained what he believed to be what she meant, Victoria knew he hadn't understood her for a moment. But she didn't tell him that. To some people these houses were important, but not to Victoria, she would excel wherever she was put, because boundaries didn't exist. No person was wholly Belladonna or Wormwood or Nightshade. Instead of trying again though, Victoria let him believe that he'd gotten it right.

Once again, Ares was trying to show his parents were wrong. Victoria never believed that for a second. "They just want what's best for you, Ares. I think you should respect them for that, they're trying to show you the right way in life. Or, if you disagree, you shouldn't talk badly of them, you should talk to them." Victoria insisted, but she once again knew that Ares wouldn't understand, he pretended to listen but didn't take on the words. Victoria felt sorry for him, not for his parents, but because he couldn't listen to sound advice.

"You're welcome." Victoria replied softly, moving away slightly. "I'll leave you to your thoughts, I've borrowed enough of your time. Until we meet again, Ares, stay safe." The witch told him, before turning away and skipping from the tower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love the night sky (Victoria)   I love the night sky (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

I love the night sky (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1