Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria)   blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:23 pm

A gust of wind blew through the window, bringing with it a biting chill that only served to turn Isabelle's nose a little more pink than before. Her cheeks were stinging a little in the cold of the night, but wrapped in two sweaters, a pair of jeans and a light pink scarf, she figured that she could, in fact, be doing a lot worse for herself.

Dear Victoria,

"No," the young witch thought to herself, shaking her head and throwing the piece of parchment to the side. There it joined the other three pieces that sat blandly in the trash can at the side of her desk. It was early, probably too early, and it was too dark for her to be able to see properly. The birds were still sleeping, resting in their nests for the morning to arrive, but to the Wormwood, it felt like it never would.

Hiya Vic!

"Too perky," she said quietly, determined for once to permit her dorm-mates a good nights sleep. She hadn't done so herself, she was too scared. The nightmares were coming too frequently, Constance Vale's face appearing every time she closed her eyes and it made her sick to the stomach. With an irritated sigh, Isabelle tossed the piece of parchment to the side again, permitting herself a calming breath before she tried again.

Victoria,

I guess I don't know where to start. It's early hours of the morning, I'm freezing my nose off, and I can't sleep, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining. I could have it much worse.

I just wanted to know how you are. I miss you. I miss seeing you around the common room in the evenings, in the library, down the corridors. I miss your happiness; everyone here's really miserable nowadays, and I don't know why.

That's a lie. I do.

Let me know how everything at Hogwarts is, okay? Are you having fun? Have you made friends? I'm sorry I didn't write sooner, I was busy preoccupying myself.

Wishing you all the best,

Isabelle x

That would do. It wasn't too formal, too chirpy, too sad, too inquisitive. It was fine as the witch would only keep telling herself over and over as she waited for a response from her former housemate.
Back to top Go down

blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Re: blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria)   blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Victoria was well and truly settled in to Hogwarts by now. January had crept in to the castle, which meant school had started once more and both Allegra and Beatrice were back at the castle with her. Victoria was happily eating breakfast with the two of them when the owls came in, Victoria looked up, hoping for a letter from home since she'd sent the pictures home, or from Jake so she knew how he was doing.

She wasn't disappointed either, because she'd received a letter from both of them. But she was surprised when she got an extra letter. One from someone whom she didn't know the writing of. However, once Victoria had opened it, she'd picked out a pen and a piece of parchment instantly. She had to write back right now!

Isabelle!

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry that I haven't written to you! I'm such a bad friend, please forgive me! (and see the box of cupcakes attached in apology! I'm sorry they still hold Christmas decorations, the House Elves asked me to use them up!) I miss you too, so very much! I'm sorry I'm not there for you now, but I promise I will visit you as soon as I can, okay?

Hogwarts is beautiful! You'll have to come some time! Let's hope you get prefect so it's possible! I am loving it here, it was nice to make a fresh start, everyone is so very nice, but that goes without saying really! I've made a good handful of friends already, still working on making more, of course! But my closest friend here is Allegra, she's from Mexico and she's brilliant! You'd love her!

But how is Salem? Are classes going well for you? If you need any help, you can always owl me, too, you know?

Love,

Victoria
xxx
Back to top Go down

blackbird singing in the dead of night (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1