Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imagine Dragons (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

Imagine Dragons (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:20 am

Mary's wish to work with Victoria on the Dragon Project (she was working on a better name) came true. They agreed to meet up in Mary's own Common Room, so they wouldn't be disturbed by anyone. Zayne usually didn't mind when the Head Girl studied there and she didn't think Victoria would be a nuisance.

She got the books from the library, including the restricted section and brought them to the Head's common room. There were books there as well, two large bookshelves lining one of the walls, but there wasn't such a thing as too many books for research. The witch charmed up comfortable cushions for the floor, got the fire going and waited for Victoria. She told her the password beforehand, trusting her to keep it to herself.

Her tattoo was clearly visible, as she was wearing a t-shirt and the dragon's tail was moving. Mary had been working on making the whole tattoo move, like the wizarding pictures, but she only got the tail to move so far. It was exciting, though and she couldn't wait till the dragon could move along her arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:32 am

After the Care of Magical Creatures lesson, Victoria had been positively bouncing more than normal in respect to the project. So when the Head Girl had asked to work with her, Victoria had been over the moon. Mary was such a nice witch, Victoria couldn't have said no ever! That, and she knew working with Mary was going to mean that their project was going to be amazing!

When she'd been given the password, Victoria had kept it safely in her head and put the paper in the fire to make sure no one could get in to Mary's quarters uninvited.

Upon entering the Head Boy and Girl Common Room, Victoria smiled to herself, everything was so familiar as to when Azalea and Jake had shared the rooms, it was nice to be back. "Hi Mary!" Victoria greeted happily as she carefully handled the tray of snacks she'd salvaged from the kitchen. "I thought we might need these!" Victoria confessed, knowing the Head Girl was getting all the books, she'd decided to bring food and drinks.

But they would have to be careful not to get it on the books.

As the witch, set her bag down, laden with pens and paper, she noticed something moving on Mary's arm. The Wormwood's eyes went wide at what she saw. "You got a tattoo?" Victoria asked, moving closer to the witch to see. "Of a dragon!" She added with a happy squeal. "That moves too!" She breathed, more than amazed at the idea.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:30 pm

As Victoria entered the room with a tray full of food, Mary's eyes lit up and she smiled gratefully to the other witch. In all her excitement about doing research, she completely forgot about snacks. "That's amazing, thanks V! Did you raid the kitchens?" The Head Girl chuckled when she saw exactly how many things there were on the tray.

That's why it was much better doing assignments with other people, they could both provide things they needed. Usually Mary didn't think of getting snacks and was starving by the end of her studying.

"You got a tattoo?"

Mary blinked, confused, as Victoria moved towards her and remembered that the younger witch hasn't seen her dragon yet. She was used to people knowing she had it, but she grinned at the other Wormwood. "Oh, yeah, at the end of my fifth year." she explained.

"It didn't move at first, but I really like the idea of moving tattoos. I've been working on it for a while, but I don't have much free time." she said happily and shrugged.

She then took her figurine out of her bag and the blue dragon yawned, before curling up. "I've got Swedish Short-Snout." Mary told Victoria while gently putting the dragon on the floor. "You've got Peruvian Vipertooth, right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 12:07 pm

"That's amazing, thanks V! Did you raid the kitchens?"

"I'm friends with all of the house elves!" Victoria told the Head Girl. "Chippy was very talkative today, he used to look after Jake and Azalea when they were living in this tower. He was asking after both of their successes. And of course, insisting I explain my operation all over again. He can't believe it!" Victoria explained, shaking her head with a soft chuckle. The house elves made for great friends!

"It didn't move at first, but I really like the idea of moving tattoos. I've been working on it for a while, but I don't have much free time."

"Like the pictures." Victoria nodded, taking in the masterpiece. "You've remembered all the relevant Anti-Muggle spells? Don't want trouble with the Ministry!" Victoria intoned, being slightly serious. "Daddy won't be impressed if I don't warn you!" She added, knowing her dad dealt with those kind of things all the time.

"You've got Peruvian Vipertooth, right?"

"I did!" Victoria replied, taking out her figurine and putting Toothy down on the desk with a warm smile. "And, I think we should cover both of them!" She insisted, smiling at the Head Girl. It was typically Wormwood, of course, instead of doing one, like they were supposed to, they could do two. "What do you think?" Victoria asked, eyes moving to Mary's for confirmation of the idea.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Mary listened, intrigued, as Victoria explained her friendship with the house elves. She smiled warmly at the girl, immensely proud of her. "I'm really happy for you 'bout the operation, have I told you that yet? And proud, it's so amazing." Some people may have said it was a miracle, but Mary knew it was a product of hard work, all on the Healer's, Azalea's and Victoria's part. It really was amazing and wonderful and the Head Girl couldn't even find the words to express her happiness.

"You've remembered all the relevant Anti-Muggle spells? Don't want trouble with the Ministry!" Victoria intoned, being slightly serious. "Daddy won't be impressed if I don't warn you!"

The witch grinned and nodded. The last thing she wanted or needed was to get in trouble with the Ministry, considering the career choice she wanted to pursue. "Don't worry, it's all done properly. I'll lift the spells just to show Mom and Dad when I see them, but otherwise, Muggles only see a normal tattoo."

The corners of her lips twitched upwards as she remembered how her parents reacted to her getting a tattoo. Dad was impressed by the artwork and Mom was apprehensive, saying she didn't approve. Mary overheard her talking to Aunt Emma on the phone later in the day, confessing she actually loved the tattoo, but had to continue being authoritative. The witch never told her Mom she heard her say that, and rather apologized and told her she should have asked before getting it.

"And, I think we should cover both of them! What do you think?"

"Wouldn't settle for less." Mary grinned and grabbed the nearest book. She was secretly hoping the younger witch would want to do both dragons. It was more fun and in the Wormwood spirit. She settled comfortably on her pillow and started reading the book, taking notes every once in a while, when she found information she deemed important.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am

"I'm really happy for you 'bout the operation, have I told you that yet? And proud, it's so amazing.

Victoria's cheeks began to go red as Mary said she was proud. Everyone had said that, but the real person to be proud of was Azalea. "Azalea deserves all the credit, I just fell asleep for a few hours." Victoria insisted, waving away the compliment. She'd never been one to let credit be given to her when she'd not been the one to do the task, and Azalea most certainly hadn't gotten the full amount of praise she needed.

When Mary explained she'd remember the spells, Victoria smiled, the Head Girl was far too clever to forget such things, but Victoria thought she would say anyway. It was better to forewarn your friends, after all!

"Wouldn't settle for less."

Victoria had thought as much and hurried to collect her own book and began flicking. "How are we going to present it?" Victoria asked, looking up at the older witch for only a brief second before concentrating back on the book at hand.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:49 am

Mary didn't say anything in return, but just smiled at the younger girl. Of course, she gave Azalea lots of credit for Victoria's recovery, but she knew it wasn't exactly easy for Victoria. She didn't want to press the subject, though and was just silently proud of her.

"How are we going to present it?"

The Head Girl looked up from the book, slightly frowning. She honestly hasn't thought about the presentation itself, only the content. "I... do you have any ideas?" She thought about it for a few moments, lots of different ideas running through her head, until she settled on one of the more simple ones. "How 'bout we make a poster?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:19 am

Victoria waited for Mary to come up with an idea of a presentation, skimming her book for more facts. Working with the Head Girl was a treat, especially when Mary was so clever.

"How 'bout we make a poster?"

"Oh! That's such a great idea!" Victoria replied, smiling warmly up at the older witch. "Should I draw the dragons in the middle? Oh, oh! And you can make them move like you did your tattoo!" The witch exclaimed, her smile growing as she thought about it. "Then we can put all the facts around them so we can explain to the class!"

The idea seemed pretty solid, as Wormwoods their recall would be good enough to go off of key words, but they had to agree first, though Victoria was pretty sure Mary would.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:07 pm

"Should I draw the dragons in the middle? Oh, oh! And you can make them move like you did your tattoo!"

Mary grinned at Victoria's enthusiasm and nodded along. It was so fun working with the younger witch, precisely because of her enthusiasm and excitement. Give her a normal, boring idea and she'll see it as an amazing project, probably full of unicorns and rainbows. Mary hoped the unicorns and rainbows were purely metaphorical and just in her head, as she didn't want to tell Victoria they can't include them in their presentation.

"Sounds good! It'll work better on normal paper than on skin, as well." she smiled. "I still have some of the developing solution up in my room..." The Head Girl jumped on her feet and ran up the stairs to her unusually messy room. She had asked the House Elves not to tidy up, because she was afraid she'd lose some of the more important notes that were scattered around the floor. She was planning on sorting everything out on the weekend and asking one of the Elves to help her.

She found the flask with the developing solution quickly and in a matter of minutes, she was back down in the common room. "Here we go."

"Do you want to do two posters, one for the Short-Snout and another for Vipertooth? Or just make one for both of them?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:28 pm

"Sounds good! It'll work better on normal paper than on skin, as well." she smiled. "I still have some of the developing solution up in my room..."

With that information, Victoria grinned up at the older witch. "I'll make a start!" Victoria called after Mary, pulling a sheet of paper towards her and beginning to draw the Vipertooth in the middle of the page. Victoria had never been the best artist in the world, but her drawings were still better than average. The young Wormwood was bent over her work when Mary came back down, smiling to herself as she drew the figurine in front of her.

"Do you want to do two posters, one for the Short-Snout and another for Vipertooth? Or just make one for both of them?"

"I think two, then we can do a proper job!" Victoria insisted, looking up to the Head Girl. Work was never an issue for Victoria, she always did more than was compulsory, but she knew the Head Girl might not be so eager. "You can start the facts if you like, I won't be long with the drawings." Victoria insisted.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:07 pm

The Head Girl smiled to herself and nodded in agreement. She sort of knew what the younger girl would answer before she even asked the question, but she wanted to make sure. She saw Victoria had already started on the dragon and she sat down next to her, admiring the drawing.

"Thank Merlin you can draw." she said, grinning. "I couldn't draw or paint anything if my life depended on it."

Mary then went back to her books and quickly listed through them, writing down the important things. Soon, she had all the important and fun facts written down on various pieces of parchment. Dragons were amazing creatures and in those minutes, Mary was seriously doubting her decision to become an Auror. Studying dragons would be so amazingly cool and fantastic. Perhaps she would take a break from being an Auror in one point in her life to go study dragons. Or, maybe, she'd be sent on a mission that included dragons. That way, she'd live her dream life and be an Auror and be around dragons. Yes, that'd be nice.

"Okay, here's the facts for Vipertooth," Mary said to Victoria and pointed to one pile of parchment. "and here for Short-Snout." she pointed to the other pile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:15 pm

When Mary said she was good at drawing, Victoria could feel her cheeks heat slightly. "It's okay." She replied softly, concentrating on the drawing. "Though drawing isn't my strongest point either." Victoria conceded, not that she minded, she was quite aware that her talents resided elsewhere.

As Mary worked on the facts, Victoria finished one drawing and moved on to the other. They made a good team, Victoria reflected as she concentrated once more. She would make sure to remember that when she was next given the choice. If Mary didn't mind, of course. When both pictures were finished, Victoria pushed one of the sheets in front of Mary. "Do you want to make them move whilst I start writing up the facts on the other one? And then we can swap?" The younger Wormwood asked, looking up for confirmation.

"I can't wait to see Professor Reid's face!" Victoria added, letting out a soft chuckle as she picked up a pink pen and set about writing the facts on the paper in her neatest handwriting. "And I wonder how Jax is getting on, I think he paired up with Carson, do you know him?" Victoria asked, creating light conversation as they worked.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:01 pm

"Do you want to make them move whilst I start writing up the facts on the other one? And then we can swap?"

Mary nodded absent-mindedly as she admired the drawing. It was good, no matter what Victoria said about her drawing skills. Far better than anything Mary had ever drew and better than an average drawing. She looked up when she heard the scratching of a pen on the paper and mused.

"Do you want to use different colors or just pink?" She asked in a tone of voice that clearly told the younger witch that Mary would prefer it if they used more colors. She never quite understood why Victoria liked pink so much, but it never bothered her. However, she didn't want the posters to be all pink.

As the younger Wormwood worked on writing down various facts about the dragons, the Head Girl set to work on her part. She dabbed the drawing with a brush she tipped in her flask and made sure she got the whole dragon. Then, she went along the drawing with her wand, muttering the charm that was written on the bottle. It helped with making the pictures move.

Soon, the Vipertooth on the paper was stretching its wings and roaring silently. Mary smiled and then turned the poster around for Victoria to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:08 pm

"Do you want to use different colors or just pink?"

Victoria had been just about to start the second note in the same colour when Mary spoke up, and the younger witch flushed slightly. "Sorry, I forget." Victoria apologised, pulling out a blue pen to write the next notes. She knew Mary wasn't being mean about the colours, perhaps rainbows would look good on the drawings, well, note rainbows anyway!

The witch continued to change the colours for each note, neatly putting all of Mary's notes in to place until the older witch interrupted to show her the moving dragon. Victoria's jaw dropped slightly at the magic which enhanced the picture so beautifully. "That's amazing, Mary!" Victoria praised, giving the Head Girl a warm smile. "And... I just about finished..." She added, quickly but neatly writing their names in the top corner to show they'd worked together.

"Let's swap!" Victoria insisted, swapping the pieces of paper over and starting the process again.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:54 am

"Thank you." Mary smiled sweetly at the compliment. "The drawings are incredibly good, though, so that's where most of the credit goes to."

She swapped the pieces of paper with Victoria and set to work once again. Once she was finished, she went over the facts that the other Wormwood put on the poster and copied them all on one piece of parchment. She'd have to memorize them, after all, for the presentation.

When she didn't hear the scratching of the pen anymore, she looked up at Victoria. "Finished?" she asked, leaning her head so she could read the facts on the poster. "I'm really glad we worked together on this. It'd take me ages to do it all alone."

Mary then waved her wand and watched as the books stacked up on several neat little piles and with another wave and a muttered spell, all the parchment they didn't need piled up neatly as well.

"Do you want me to walk you to our Common Room? I was going to return these books, but I could stop by there" The witch smiled as she stood up and gathered the library books in her arms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:05 pm

It didn't take long for the two Wormwoods to complete the work, it was nice working with someone else, even though they kept quiet. It was the kind of friendship Victoria liked, talking got in the way of some good time to really get to know the other person. Like the way Mary concentrated so very hard when she was working, and didn't realise she was being watched, even if only briefly.

"Do you want me to walk you to our Common Room? I was going to return these books, but I could stop by there"

Victoria carefully rolled the posted, using an elastic band to hold them together. "Oh, no thank you, Mary. I'm actually heading up to the dance studio now. I haven't been in ages!" Victoria replied, smiling widely. She'd finally caught up with all of her homework, so this afternoon, she was going to treat herself to some time to herself. "I'll see you in the next Care of Magical Creatures lesson though!" Victoria assured the witch, carefully getting up and moving around to hug her friend.

"Thank you for working with me!" She told the witch, giving her a grin before she turned on her heel, pausing only to pick up her bag before skipping out of the room, humming a tune to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine Dragons (Victoria)   Imagine Dragons (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine Dragons (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1