Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:23 am

Kira had sent her sixth and seventh years a note a day before, asking them to bring their brooms along to the lesson. She had a few school brooms with her though, in case someone forgot, didn't own a broom or simply didn't get the note.

There were a few bird cages levitated in the air, with tiny golden birds in them. Kira figured that on a cold day like that, something involving a little exercise wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:31 am

The note from Kira had made Josh raise his eyebrow slightly. Brooms, for Care of Magical Creatures? Well, at least she'd taken his advice and actually thought of something more hands on this lesson. Shouldering his Firebolt Two, Josh moved down to the area for Care of Magical Creatures.

Finding he was the first there, Josh looked back towards the castle. "Professor." He acknowledged, looking up at the cages for a moment and then back to the witch before him.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:26 pm

"Hello, Mr. Murray." Kira greeted the Slytherin with a kind smile. Sure, they haven't always seen eye to eye, but she didn't see a reason to be mean or impolite to the boy.

After a few minutes of silence, the witch finally concluded today's class would consist of only one student and cleared her throat to get his attention. "Looks like it's just us today. No matter. Can you tell me what these are?" she asked and pointed to the cages. "And would you maybe know anything about them?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:27 am

When no one else turned up to class, Josh didn't make any outward acknowledgement of this fact. The professor before him was one of the better ones, though in this school, it wasn't saying much. It seemed the professor was ready to get going, so Josh turned his attention to the witch instead of looking around the grounds for something more interesting.

"Looks like it's just us today. No matter. Can you tell me what these are?" she asked and pointed to the cages. "And would you maybe know anything about them?"

"They're Golden Snidgets." Josh replied lazily, not bothering to look up at the cages that the professor was pointing to. "They're birds that were first used in Quidditch instead of Golden Snitches. They're endangered species and rated XXXX by the Ministry." His answer wasn't huge because Josh wasn't especially enthusiastic about the bird, but being the only person, he had to say something.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 am

Kira nodded along. She really liked it when students came prepared and knew something on the subject already. "Correct, 5 points to Slytherin."

She moved towards one of the cages and then looked back to the Slytherin. "Now, I know you can fly very well, but you're a Beater on your Quidditch team, right?" She wasn't entirely sure if she was correct, given that she had only seen him fly that one time at the Hogwarts-Salem match, but she had an inkling he was the Beater.

"You have to be gentle with these creatures, because, like you said, they're endangered. I wouldn't stand for hurting animals in my class, endangered or not, anyway, but please, be extra careful. I'll release one of them and it will fly around, much like a Snitch would. I'd like you to catch it, gently. If you'd like, you can play with it for the whole lesson." Kira explained, giving the boy a stern look at the beginning of her speech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 12:56 pm

"Now, I know you can fly very well, but you're a Beater on your Quidditch team, right?"

Josh only gave a single nod in reply. The Golden Snidgets weren't that interesting, and now the witch before him expected him to chase one? Or that's what he was guessing, anyway. It seemed the only logical reason for him to have to bring his broom down to this lesson.

Right on cue the information of what he was supposed to do was given and Josh listened half-heartedly as she lectured him on not hurting the animals. As if he'd given her any reason to believe he would in their past encounters. "I got the warning the first time, professor." Josh replied, meeting her stern look with a cold glare, as he mounted his broom.

"Let the thing go." He told the witch, taking to the skies and waiting for her to oblige his request.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 6:53 am

Thana made her way down to the COMC class for her year, she hasn't gotten back from the Ministry when she had expected to. Instead, she had been late. Something she hated, she had never been properly late to a class before.

Luckily Thana had received the note to bring her broomstick . Something Thana wondered on, but brought anyway. She had bought one when she had first come to Hogwarts, not expecting to ever use it in class, especially since she hasn't taken flying class.

Thana made her way to class, she had a note to give to the Professor. She walked up and saw the Professor. Professor Kira. Thana walked over to her, " sorry I'm late, I had an appointment at the Ministry... Here's my note" Thana told the Professor, she noticed that there was only one other student in the class. Thana didn't ask , it wasn't her business.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:26 am

Kira swiftly ignored Josh's comment and released one of the Snidgets. She watched it flutter in the air for a few seconds and then it flew away and she lost the sight of it. Hopefully Josh would have more luck.

" sorry I'm late, I had an appointment at the Ministry... Here's my note"

The Professor turned away from Josh to see another student and a grin broke out. "No problem Miss Semele, thank you for showing up." She took the note and saved it for later. "We're going over the Golden Snidgets this class, that's why I asked you to bring your broomstick. I'll release one of them and then you'll chase it. But, please, be very gentle, they're fragile and endangered species."

(OOC: You can GM Kira letting out a Snidget for Thana)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:18 am

When the professor took out the Snidget, Josh watched it, allowing it to fly away but never letting it out of his sight. After a few moments, Josh shot off after the Snidget, his Firebolt Two making short time of the distance the poor bird had accumulated in those moments. The Slytherin shook his head for a moment, snatching the dumb bird from the sky.

The frightened squeak from the bird brought a smirk to Josh's lips. Pathetic really how these things used to be part of the Quidditch game. If it was this easy, Slytherin would be winning their games in seconds. Heading back to the ground, Josh held the Snidget out to the professor, not saying a word to the witch.

Hopefully that would be all she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:29 am

Thana watched as Professor Kira released the snidget, she wasnt evs on her broom before it started flying away. Quickly Thana ran to a rock, jumped off that and onto her broom to catch the snidget.

Despite the snidget's best efforts, Thana still managed to catch it within minutes. She carefully grabbed it and held it, gently carrying it back with her. She didnt like humans, nor did she really care about pain they could be in.

. The one thing Thana hated was to see an animal suffer. So she carefully held it, then she landed. Her broomstick wasnt anything special in her opinion, hell she didnt even look when she had bought it.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Kira watched the two students fly up and catch their Snidgets. She smiled at the fact neither of them hurt the tiny creatures and was happy she didn't have to deal with that.

»Well done! That's it for today, time's running out.« The Professor said after they both landed and she glanced at her wrist watch. »Don't want to make you late for your next lesson.«

CLASS CLOSED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)   Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson 2 (6th-7th Years)
Page 1 of 1