Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Move (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Big Move (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:40 am

The news of Jake's visa being accepted had been possibly the best day of the year so far. They'd celebrated with drinks, and then continued the celebration late in to the night, more than excited to sleep. After the celebration, they'd led together, Marilyn discussing colours, and how she wanted the rooms to look, Jake agreeing in the right places and offering his opinion when necessary.

They'd fallen asleep late that evening, or rather the early hours of the next morning. So when the phone rang the next morning to tell them that the keys were ready for them to pick up, as discussed, Jake had been slightly disgruntled, but agreed they would come to the flat in an hours time to collect the keys. Waking Marilyn up had never been so easy, and after they'd showered and changed they'd apparated just around the corner of their new flat and walked hand in hand up to the flat that was now, officially, theirs.

Mr Verne had been there to meet them, keys in hand and a grin in place. "Just one more signature to say you have the keys, and the deal is done!" He announced, passing Jake a clipboard and pen. Jake had carefully signed, checking the words to make sure they weren't being conned out of anything before passing it back. With the keys in hand, Jake had waited for the man to leave before handing the keys to Marilyn.

"I think it is best if you open the door first." He insisted, wrapping his arms around her as she moved to the door, leaning down to place a soft kiss on her neck. Jake had arranged for breakfast to be brought to the flat by Mr Verne, set up in the empty kitchen were two glasses, some chilled fruit juice, and some croissants, nothing much, but a start to their life together. The rest they'd have to do over the weekend, but Jake was really looking forward to all of it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:09 am

After a late night celebrating their new home Jake had certainly struggled to get Mari up, then witch had eventually conceded and in the light of their activities for the day she'd let Jagger pull her to the bathroom where she got ready, just a white crop top and an old pair of jeans with flat shoes, probably the most unglamorous get up Jake'd ever seen her in, newly cut hair flouncing around her shoulders instead of teasing the small of her back.

A new look for a new life. Together.

In her enchanted handbag she already had tarps and the paint colours she wanted. Jagger would stay at her flat today, not wanting the fumes to hurt him.

"I think it is best if you open the door first."
Finally it was theirs. Smiling happily Mari gave him a questioning glance before opening the door and together they walked through to the kitchen, morning light pouring in on a small picnic breakfast.

"Jake! You're the sweetest,"
she smiled, turning in his arms to kiss him soundly, their first kiss in their new home, and it made her lightheaded, but then again most kisses tended to. After enjoying their small breakfast on the floor together, talking and planning, Mari set the different paint cans in the respective rooms and set about casting the muggle repellent charms and security spells. She needed Jake's help performing the charm that made the penthouse floor hidden from outside view, but once that was done they set about painting.

With magic they had the walls painting themselves, but the two of them painted as well, for fun and to get it done.

"Jake, you missed a spot,"
Mari commented, waiting for him to look at the wall before dipping her fingers in the dark orange paint jar for the living room and swiping them along his neck with a laugh.

(Mari)
(Jari Flat Interior)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:39 am

"Jake! You're the sweetest,"

"Couldn't have you working on an empty stomach, could I?" Jake replied as they settled on the floor to eat breakfast. It wasn't long before Marilyn was explaining what she wanted to do to the place, and almost as soon as he was finished she was pulling him off to get on with the decorating. Well, security first, of which they were thorough, making sure everyone they didn't want to get in couldn't. Basically remodelling the security of Marilyn's old flat, but with the addition of his parents and Victoria being able to get in to the place.

That would be enough for now, because Merlin he needed to contact Gavin and Mary sometime soon.

After setting up every other room in the house except the living room to paint itself - it was so much easier letting magic do it - Jake and Marilyn had decided on painting this room themselves. Following Marilyn's instructions on which wall to paint what colour, Jake had set to work, concentrating to make sure he didn't miss anything. Thankfully he'd thought to bring a radio, so they had music playing in the background, and in true form, Jake was singing softly to himself as he always did when the radio was on.

"Jake, you missed a spot,"

"What? Where?" Jake asked, stepping back to look before looking to Marilyn and then back to the wall in confusion. Just a moment later he felt the wetness of paint on his neck and started laughing, turning on his heel and scooping her in to his arms, pinning her to his chest, but never hurting her. "That wasn't very nice!" He teased, paintbrush tapping her nose and leaving a lovely orange splodge. "But, now we're even." He joked, pressing his lips lightly to hers and pulling back with a small smile.

"I think... I'm almost done." Jake mused, looking back at the wall. "I can head to your flat and start apparating with the boxes if you like, then you can start unpacking? The new furniture should be-"

The ring of the doorbell sounded and Jake grinned. "Here any moment, do you wanna let them in?" Jake asked, they would have to assemble a lot of it, but Jake was sure they could get most things - the essential things in place that day. "Dad's bringing the bed over later." He added.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:56 am

"That wasn't very nice!"

"I'm not very nice."
She quipped, smirking up at him and nudging his cheek with her wet nose and leaving an orange smudge before kissing him back happily. Torn between the reluctance to leave his arms and the excitement of moving in she vanished the paint from her face and in passing she checked the others rooms, checkingg the drying spells were all working.

"Hey, just levitate it into the hall, I'll take it from here."
She performed some scans to see all was in order, all their furniture had been shrunken and fit into small, room labeled crates, and then put into one crate. Both some furniture they already had, dishes and such, but also new things she'd ordered. When the movers were gone she levitated the respective boxes into each room and concentrated on how she'd planned out each room and with a few wand swishes she'd made the furniture in the guest bedroom move and grow how she wanted it. Paintings hung on the freshly finished new wallpaper.

Now they'd said it was a guest room, but both knew the guest meant most was Victoria, so with her in mind Mari had designed the interior. It was a little draining, a large spell, one she'd have to do for each room separately, but she was too excited to feel tired.

"Jake, Come here for a second, I want to show you something,"
She called with a smile, leaning against the door frame to the 'guest' room with a smile, waiting until he was there looking at it.

"Think she'll like it?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Jake didn't mind the paint, quite happy with not getting rid of it. As Marilyn met the removal guys, Jake finished the coat of paint he'd been working on and then vanished the paint to a cupboard in the hallway along with everything else they'd been using.

Once the removal men were in, Jake started moving the smaller crates to the room, knowing Marilyn would do the design, because... well, that was always more her area that his.

"Jake, Come here for a second, I want to show you something,"

"Just a minute!" Jake replied, carefully placing the crate in the kitchen before heading down the hallway back to Marilyn. A smile already in place as he saw her grinning at him.

"Think she'll like it?"

"Victoria? She'll love it, can't say the same for our other guests, though." Jake replied, a smile on his lips as leant down to kiss her once more. "You've done amazing." He whispered against her lips, he'd put his head in each room to see the paintwork done, the colours were mostly neutral which was always a good idea, but he knew the witch would have much more in store.

In that moment, a sound in the living room grew and Jake moved off, hand on his wand, just in case, only to see his dad appearing from the fireplace. "Dad!" Jake greeted warmly, grinning at the man before him.

"Sorry, almost missed the grate, had to scramble back!" He explained, taking out his wand and ridding himself of the soot. "Can't stay long, your mother has decided we're going out for the day. But she won't tell me where..." Henry added, shaking his head, before adding. "Oh shit. It's our wedding anniversary. Shit. Shit. Shit. Is there a flower shop close by?" Henry asked, making Jake chuckle.

"I don't know, dad, only just moved in. But there is one in Eden Prairie!" He reminded the older man.

"Course, course." Henry muttered. "Wanna quickly show me around? Your mother said she'll come over when you've settled, didn't want to intrude." He continued, seemingly in a rather talkative mood today.

It took no more than ten minutes to show his dad around, and get the bed set up (enlarging it from his dad's travelling bag) along with the clean sheets, duvet and pillows - a present from his parents, apparently in a neutral cream.

"Anyway, it was lovely to see you both." Henry explained, smiling towards Marilyn. "Give us a call tomorrow if you need anything, and have fun!" With that, Henry moved back to the grate and was gone the next moment.

"Before you say anything." Jake started once they were alone. "I'm good enough with important dates not to forget such things, so don't worry." He insisted, not wishing to be teased about anniversaries. "What do you want me to do next?" Jake asked now their room was already half in place - or fully in place if you asked Jake, a bed was all he really needed.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:57 pm

"Victoria? She'll love it, can't say the same for our other guests, though."

"Hush you,"
she murmured, smiling at the praise and kissing him back before moving on to the office and doing the same spell. Whilst she did that the witch heard Henry arrive via floo.

"Hello Henry!"
She called, still concentrating on the spell as all their work things arranged themselves. Mari listened to the conversation but left them to it, moving to the kitchen to set things up while Henry recieved a tour, greeting him when they came to the kitchen where she was just finishing off, having added a food order so their kitchen was stocked as well. Once she'd finished there she did the living room, which she also finished right as they walked in and Henry was telling them to give them a call. Sauntering up to her boyfriend she rolled her eyes at his defence,

"I'm good enough with important dates not to forget such things, so don't worry."

"I know, no worrying here. I trust you. And all that needs doing now is our bathroom and bedroom, bath should only take me a minute, our bedroom, too. So you can check out the other rooms to let me know what you think."
She kissed his cheek and headed off to do the rooms.

Three minutes later she was standing in their finished bedroom, their clothes and belongings all where they belonged and on the bed were two extra pillows that read 'hey there handsome' and 'good morning beautiful', because she thought they were funny.

All done. Officially moved in and together. Mari was ecstatic when she looked around; it was like a dreaam, an utter dream, but it wasn't. This was her life, their life. The witch thought about this as she got changed into one of his shirts and a pair of shorts, putting the paint splattered clothes in the hamper, not noticing her boyfriend in the door way watching her until she looked up, hair falling into her face as she smirked at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 pm

When Marilyn had basically told him there wasn't anything he needed to do except look around, Jake felt a little guilty at the lack of things he'd done to help. But he obliged her wishes, taking in the lounge that was perfect to him, nice and cosy, but not over done.

A small smile touched his features as he crossed the hall, heading in to the office which was set up with two offices. One for each of them clearly denoted in his desk filled with dark green stationery and Marilyn's in her colour. A nice touch, as it were. Moving through to the kitchen Jake looked over the room. The table was much bigger than necessary, but Jake simply took that to mean Marilyn planned on entertaining at some point.

A quick glance in the bathroom told him that Marilyn had picked the colours of the ocean, calming and another nice touch.

But the best room in the house was by far their bedroom. He already felt much more at home as he leant on the door frame, taking it in and feeling his smile growing just a little more.

Though, that might possibly have been the bias of the fact Marilyn was in this room, and everywhere she was seemed more than perfect to him. Most especially when she was in his shirts. "I think everything is perfect, you've done amazingly." Jake told her as he pushed away from the door and moved to her, pulling her in to an embrace.

The day had passed quickly, the evening slowly drawing in, everything seemed to be in place, so now it was simply a matter of enjoying being together, in their fresh start. Apart from...

"When are you bringing Jagger home?" Jake whispered against her lips. He was part of the family, this his home as much as there's, as was denoted by the new huge dog basket in the lounge. And as much as Jake may not like to say it, home was not complete without Jagger.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 pm

"I think everything is perfect, you've done amazingly."

Mari flushed and grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck and swaying softly to the slow jazz still coming from the radio, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips, "Thank you." For everything, she thought lovingly, another grin spreading when he asked her a question she hadn't expected from him

"When are you bringing Jagger home?"

"Right after we do a cleansing charm in every room, can't have him breathing any fumes from the paint. It should only take a few minutes, so if you could do that I'll pop into my flat and get him via floo,"
She kissed his cheek and then hugged him tightly.

"I'm so happy we're doing this, we're really starting a life together."
The witch cupped his face for one last kiss before grabbing Jaggers favorite toy and disapparating.

Five minutes later green flames roared and Mari performed a cleaning charm on herself and a now soot-less new foundland dog who was now going to roam the entire flat to make sure that he could use everything like he could in herold flat. Sowhile he was busy, but happy, Mari let herself fall into the cushions of the couch and put her feet up, the days work catching up with her despite her smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:44 pm

The thank you and the kiss that came with it simply made Jake smile in to the soft kiss. No reply came in regards to her words, just happiness that seemed to be engulfing both of them. But Marilyn's happiness only seemed to grow at his question, and Jake wasn't overly sure why but accepted the soft kisses that followed.

"I'll take care of it, no problem." Jake insisted as she explained she'd go and get Jagger. The tightened hug was unexpected, but Jake held her close with a smile that was becoming somewhat permanent.

"I'm so happy we're doing this, we're really starting a life together."

"We are." Jake managed before her lips met his, kissing her back before Marilyn was turning on her heel and heading off to get something and the soft crack of apparition filled the flat. Jake let out a soft sigh, everything catching up on him very, very quickly. "We're really doing this..." He whispered to himself, hardly believing it himself. He didn't regret it, he wanted this, but Marilyn hadn't done this before, and he wouldn't expect her to understand his very slight apprehension.

And nor would she know as he took out his wand and performed the spell that would clear the air of paint fumes. Moving from room to room and doing the spell each time. Jake had just finished pouring two glasses of Champagne when the floo network opened. Heading back in to the room just as Jagger came out of the living room, Jake saw Marilyn settling down on the sofa. "Tired you out already?" Jake asked, putting their drinks down and gently lifting her up enough so he could sit down, her head resting gently in his lap. His fingers gently moved her hair from her face with a small affectionate smile. "Want me to order food, or cook?" He added in a whisper, this... was perfect. So very perfect.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm

"Tired you out already?"

Mari just hummed and snuggled closer, letting her head rest on his lap and smiling up at him before seeing the drinks. What a sweetheart, she mused to herself, looking back up at him, her happiness just seemed to radiate from her as his fingers ran through her hair.

"Want me to order food, or cook?"

She shook her head and reached up to pull his collar gently, "I want you to kiss me, that's all I want right now." When he complied she leaned upto meet him, kissing him slowly and deeply, trying to show how- how much she felt, how happy she was and how much she loved him.

And knew him, because while she never wanted to stop kissing him she knew he'd be hungry so she pulled back ever so slightly to murmur with a sly smirk.

"Dinner's in the fridge, had it prepared this morning and brought here with a freshness spell. My grandparents may not be very supprtive, but Tipsy is."
She kissed his cheek, "It's your favorite, and I know you must be hungry so let's go," Mari sat up and pecked his cheek, Jagger soon jogging up for her to pet, calming her. She was so happy it was making her self control come a bit easier, but the restlessness was still there. Having Jagger helped, too, though, but she let him walk ahead so she could get a grip before joining him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:58 pm

"I want you to kiss me, that's all I want right now."

Jake let out a soft chuckle, leaning down and kissing his girlfriend back just as she kissed him. This was a big day, for both of them, but somehow, Jake felt this made them so much more than they had been. Though, of course, that wasn't saying that much given how big a jump this was, but unlike anything he'd known before, this felt right. Comfortable.

"Dinner's in the fridge, had it prepared this morning and brought here with a freshness spell. My grandparents may not be very supportive, but Tipsy is."

"Lifesaver!" Jake replied, because despite both offers, he was starving and both of the other two would take more time than he'd care to think about right now. "I'll set the table then." He adjusted his previous statement as Jagger came back. Petting the dog's head lightly, Jake got to his feet, taking his glass and heading toward the kitchen, locating their dinner and using a quick heading spell. It was ready in only a few minutes, and after locating the plates and cutlery, Jake had laid out the table with mats and taken a seat.

Marilyn wasn't far behind him, so he tucked in to his dinner, savouring the first mouthful with a soft sound of contentment. Loath as he may be to say it, the food at the Caldwell mansion was amazing. As Marilyn sat down, Jake held out his hand across the table for her to take, smiling back at the beauty that was his girlfriend. "How does an evening on the sofa with a movie, a blanket, and some Champagne sound as a way of spending the rest of the evening?" Jake asked. Both of them were too tired for anything more. Tomorrow they could finish up what needed to be done, for today, everything had been enough.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:42 pm

"Lifesaver!"

"Yes, yes, I'm a genius, I know,"
she teased with a grin, "Thanks," The witch replied when he said he'd set the table for them. Soon Marilyn was joining him and eating her own, small portion, not managing to finish but oh well, that didn't matter, Jake ate it happily. And she was more than happy to take the hand he held out for her, giving it a gentle squeeze. They both felt the slight shift in their dynamics and it didn't feel like a change so much as a puzzle piece falling into place.

"How does an evening on the sofa with a movie, a blanket, and some Champagne sound as a way of spending the rest of the evening?"

A soft groan of relief and joy left the auror-to-be's lips as she sipped her water and he spoke. "That sounds heavenly," she replied, watching as he finished his food, standing, but not letting go of his hand as she walked to seat in his lap and kiss his cheek, "We've got all weekend to christen the flat, after all," she teased lightly before looking in his eyes playfully, "Want to carry me to the couch?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Jake had no qualms picking up Marilyn's left over food, it was his favourite meal after all, so he didn't mind the extras. Jake's thumb ran over the back of her hand as they ate, enjoying the comforting feeling of her being so close.

As h finished, Jake smiled as she took up a seat in his lap, kissing her back gently and putting his free hand around her waist in support. The teasing of Christening the flat made Jake chuckle softly. "We have a very long time to do that." He assured the witch just as she asked him to carry her. Jake didn't even stop to think, lifting her up and heading to the lounge and the sofa.

Lying Marilyn on the couch, Jake took the remote and grabbed the blanket from the shelf nearby. Handing the remote to Marilyn, Jake moved on to the back of the sofa, covering them in the blanket and wrapping his arms around the witch. Pressing a light kiss to the back of her head, Jake let out a soft content sigh.

"I love you, Marilyn, thank you... Thank you for all of this." He whispered, drawing her closer to him. It was still surreal to him, but with the witch beside him, nothing couldn't be done. It meant the world to him that she wanted all this with him, and he was sure he'd get used to it soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 am

"We have a very long time to do that."

We do, the witch mused, but she didn't reply out loud, only smiling and kissing him softly before he picked her up and she nestled into his and flicked her wand to get the two glasses of champagne to follow them, setting them on coasters on the living room table. The fire crackled quietly in the background and Jagger trotted back in, having tested all his buttons and switches, which accounted for the living room light flicking off and on once and the sound of water being turned on and off.

Satisfied that he could take care of Marilyn Jagger curled up in the doggie bed beside the couch.

"I love you, Marilyn, thank you... Thank you for all of this."

"I love you, too,"
Mari pressed a gentle kiss to his lips and her words were an intimate whisper as her lashes flicked up and down, "So much," Another kiss. She cuddled into his embrace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Jake was content, very content with the situation, and with them curled up on the sofa, sharing small kisses and relaxing back in to the sofa, Jake was relaxing more than he had in the three months that had led to this. Pressing soft kisses on Marilyn's neck until the movie started, Jake reflected on just how lucky he was to have such a fantastic girlfriend.

One who was, to him, without any problems.

They'd stayed cuddled up for the rest of the evening, only moving to get to the champagne which only seemed to make the day better. Until finally they'd fallen asleep, Jake holding Marilyn close, a smile on his lips.

Jagger had turned the TV off for them at some point, and then settled back in his basket, not disturbing the young couple as they slept through to the morning, late into the next morning as the stress lifted and allowed them probably one of the best nights sleep in a very, very long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Move (Jari)   The Big Move (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Move (Jari)
Page 1 of 1