Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sanctuary (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Sanctuary (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Sanctuary (Jari)   Sanctuary (Jari) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Marilyn had barely realised that he'd apparated them to her room until the familiar surroundings came into focus, but the witch was still pressed up against her boyfriend, hiding her face in his chest. Were Marilyn capable of crying she'd be in tears by now. Gwen's last comment had not only hit Evan hard, but also the younger witch herself. 'She's not Faith...' Was that what he thought? That she'd break over her love for someone like Faith had? So it was better to pair her off to someone they could control so that would never happen again? Did he think her so weak?

Her inner doubts were interrupted by Jamie's echo-y voice in the form of a lynx patronus, "Are you home okay? Mum told me what happened. I'm sorry, Darling..." the lynx closed its mouth and awaited Marilyns reply so she took a deep breath, simply saying "Yes." and nothing else. Satisfied, it vanished again. But the interaction had shaken her up out of her reverie and reminded her of whom she was pressed against and what he'd risked to defend her.

"Jake..." she whispered, looking up at him with wide eyes, "I'm so- I'm so sorry, I didn't think he'd- He could have- You-" Nothing was making sense, she was simply still too shaken to formulate a single reply.
Back to top Go down

Sanctuary (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary (Jari)   Sanctuary (Jari) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 pm

As they'd landed in the apartment, Jake had simply held Marilyn to him, not talking, not moving, just waiting. The realisation of what he'd done soon hit quite hard, as well as all of the prospects of what could have happened because he'd lost the control he always had. He may have not understood Gwen's last words, but he knew that whatever she'd meant by them had hurt Evan enough to make him back down. And that, had probably been the only thing that had gotten them both safely away.

Only when a Patronus appeared did Jake loosen his grip slightly, allowing his girlfriend the time she needed if she wanted it, but she didn't move away, simply answering the message with a single syllable. Jake pressed his lips to her forehead, before resting his head on top of hers, trying to relax, but to little avail as the adrenaline continued to pump through his system.

"I'm so- I'm so sorry, I didn't think he'd- He could have- You-"

"It's not your fault." Jake told her softly, pressing a single kiss to her lips before shaking his head. "None of it was your fault. I'm fine." He assured her, moving the witch to sit on the bed. She was shaken, he knew that. Gently prizing himself from her grip, Jake moved to get one of his t-shirts and then moved back to the witch, gently undoing her dress, taking it from her body and swapping it for his shirt before she could think he was trying anything. Moving away only briefly, Jake carefully hung the dress over the back of the door. Kicking off his shoes and pulling off his tie, suit jacket and shirt, Jake moved back across the room, kneeling in front of the witch and taking off the heels she was wearing.

"We're safe." He reminded the witch, moving back around the bed and climbing in to the other side of the bed after slipping off his suit trousers. Pulling the witch gently back in to the pillows, Jake pulled the covers over them, holding Mari to him. "I'm sorry for disrespecting your grandfather, Mari. I just... hate it when people... you're perfect just the way you are, you know?" Jake told the witch ever so softly, he didn't want to bring it up again, but after so many people had highlighted it as a negative point that evening, Jake was quite sure she needed to know that the view was not one he believed.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Sanctuary (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary (Jari)   Sanctuary (Jari) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:51 pm

"None of it was your fault. I'm fine."
Marilyn didn't respond, because she couldn't actually form any thoughts. For the first time in a long time, Marilyn was in shock. Limp and utterly in her mind, blank, letting him undo her dress and closing her eyes as he removed it, slipping one of his tshirts on her instead. When he went to undress himself her hands moved as if on autopilot, removing her necklace, earrings, ring and the other bracelet she'd been wearing, leaving Louis' gift snugly on for comfort.

Then she resumed her more limp position, all the time over staring blankly at the wall, only really registering that Jake had helped her get changed when he slipped off her heels, moving her head to look at him instead of the blank wall and allowing him to pull her closer. "I'm sorry for disrespecting your grandfather, Mari. I just... hate it when people... you're perfect just the way you are, you know?"The witch simply scooted up a bit to press her lips to his, just kissing him. "Don't apologize for anything. I don't want you to. It's not your fault, either. This is all way above us." she murmured softly, cuddling close, "I know I'm safe with you." she added, wrapping one arm around him, "I know I'll always be safe with you."

And for the first time, she didn't argue that she wasn't perfect, because honestly, by now she was getting to the point where Marilyn was starting to stop caring about what she looked like in regards to the scarring. She was not her scars.
Back to top Go down

Sanctuary (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary (Jari)   Sanctuary (Jari) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:48 am

"Don't apologize for anything. I don't want you to. It's not your fault, either. This is all way above us."

"No it's not..." Jake replied softly, his fingers gently gliding through the witch's hair as she moved closer. "It's all about us, your grandfather just can't see that." He told her, pressing his lips lightly to her forehead.

The comment on being safe made Jake nod slightly. "I'll always keep you safe." He whispered in confirmation of her statement, tucking the duvet in around her to keep her warm before he settled down next to her. "And you are safe, nobody is going to compromise that."

Shuffling down in the bed so they were level, Jake gently pressed his lips to Mari's. "Get some sleep though, we'll deal with everything in the morning, together." He told the witch softly, offering her a small smile as he waited for her to give in to sleep. Jake would stay up to the early hours, puzzling through what had happened and how it could be fixed, making sure the witch slept peacefully until his body gave in to the inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Sanctuary (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary (Jari)   Sanctuary (Jari) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 am

Marilyn didn't contradict Jake, just let him comfort her for the time being, let everything settle down. "We'll be fine." she whispered, just before he kissed her, "I know what I want." She pressed her lips back against his and snuggled close. If she closed her eyes she could pretend that none of it had happened. That the world consisted of her bedroom, Jake holding her in bed, and nothing else. No one else.

Sleep, from exhaustion, soon claimed the witch, who was safely laid between Jake and Jagger. And though no nightmares came the stress wouldn't let her sleep normally and she awoke just before the sun came up, before Jake, and spent a few moments just watching him. 'Enjoying the view' as Jake sometimes called it when he watched her. Mari didn't want to wake him just yet, and so the witch opted to simply press her lips against his shoulder and pull his arm around her waist, spooning until he woke up on his own.

They'd face the world later, but no matter when, they would face it together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sanctuary (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary (Jari)   Sanctuary (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary (Jari)
Page 1 of 1