Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Move over (Josh)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Ever since that Quidditch practice Louise had been assaulted with questions from Slytherin's answer tot he mannish inquisition. Every night she hadn't crept in late or gone to sleep early it was 'Are you really engaged? Have you kissed him yet? When's the wedding?' and the worst 'are you pregnant?' She hexed the girl after that and refused to answer, which of course made it worse. At least they had enough sense to keep the whispers to the girls of the common room and no one outside of Slytherin house knew.

Friday night, they were at it again and she'd had enough, after using a sticking charm on them and keeping them occupied trying to pry themselves off the ceiling she grabbed her pillow and left the girl's dorms, glaring at the dark common room as she turned and walked into the boy's hallway. She didn't have to worry about walking into the wrong room, she could always find Josh when she needed to. She checked to make sure no one was awake before letting herself in and creeping towards Josh's bed. She hoped she could just sneak in and explain in the morning but even to her that was unlikely. She put up a silencing charm around the bed then added a shield just in front of her for good measure then poked Josh's shoulder. "Josh? Wake up."
Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Josh was led out on his bed, reading. There was just enough light emanating from some area of the room for him to be able to see and he continued. It was nothing exciting, just enough to keep him from complete boredom in the castle. The soft sounds of breathing were the only things to disrupt the quietness of the room.

Everything was just how he liked it.

Then the creak of the door came.

And the footsteps that registered almost instantly.

Allowing her the moment, Josh waited for Louise to manoeuvre the floor and to the side of his bed. The poke on his shoulder brought a glare to his features. "I'm awake, Grey. Anyone who moves that heavily could wake a neighbourhood." Josh replied, his eyes still remained firmly on his book. "What do you want, Grey?" The Slytherin growled, eyes remaining trained to the page.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Ignoring the half naked state was a little more difficult than ignoring the jibe at her lack of ninja powers so she looked at the book he was reading. "If I have to hear another 'are you pregnant' from the girls in my dorm I'd have done worse than stuck them to the ceiling." She grouched then climbed into bed behind him putting her pillow between them. "Can I stay here? Just one night so I don't' have to be interrogated for one night." She was planning on staying anyway, and even if he did kick her out she'd camp on the floor or hijack a sofa in the common room.
Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:17 pm

"If I have to hear another 'are you pregnant' from the girls in my dorm I'd have done worse than stuck them to the ceiling."

"Pregnant?" Josh asked, not moving in the slightest as he felt the witch climb in to bed behind him. So she wanted to stop a rumour by getting in to bed with him? That made perfect sense. But the more important information was she'd stuck her roommates to the roof. Josh smirked at that.

"Can I stay here? Just one night so I don't' have to be interrogated for one night."

"You're a Murray now, Grey." Josh reminded her. "Which means you don't have to ask. Nor do you have to answer anyone." The Slytherin explained, shutting his book and putting it up on the bedside table. The curtains closed the moment Josh rolled on to his back, still not looking at the witch.

"But even as a Murray you don't have the right to my bed." He informed her, his eyes boring in to the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:28 pm

"Of course I'm not that would be just stupid." She curled up and huffed against her pillow, her pyjamas keeping most of the chill out of the room for her. She listened and just smiled, till the last part really. "Yes well I'm up early so no one will ever know. I don't' take up much space either, it's like I'm not even here." She paused then looked up over the pillow at him. "Seems a Murray can either do everything or nothing. Besides It was this or sleep in the common room where anyone could have walked in and thought I make a good target for shenanigans."
Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:38 pm

"Of course I'm not that would be just stupid."

"Could be possible." Josh murmured in reply, his tone slightly darker than was likely necessary in the situation. Women were always faithful in his society, or the risk of shaming the whole family came in to play. Greg was stupid, but he was sure she wasn't that stupid.

"You can do anything and nothing. Everything is possible for me." Josh corrected, his eyes slowly moving to her. The comment of shenanigans happening to her if she was left in the common room made him glare at nothing in particular. "You can stay if you stay quiet." Josh told her, closing his eyes so he didn't have to look at the nuisance that had entered his bed.

A silence ensued for a while before Josh spoke again. "Why here, Grey? You have other girl's rooms."
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:22 pm

She smiled innocently when he looked at her then sunk her head back down onto her pillow. She did raise an eyebrow at him asking her to be quiet then asking her a question afterwards. "I thought you wanted quiet? And if it's slipped your notice, I don't have many friends. I have made a new friend though, a Ravenclaw girl. She's nice, quiet but she's super helpful. I've been talking to your mother too, she seems nice, she's interested in my sweet making, she says the kids at St. Mungos were happy to receive a hamper from me. Sorry I'll be quiet now." She grinned then tucked her head on the pillow and pulled the sheets up to her shoulder.
Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:59 pm

The knowledge of another friend was little and less interesting to Josh. Friends weren't something he made, nor would he ever. Puppets and alliances, yes, but never friends. And whoever the Ravenclaw was, well, that wasn't of any interest either.

What was interesting was the mention of his mother that made Josh open his eyes to make sure she was telling the truth. No hint of a lie was given by Louise and the more she spoke the more the boy could see that this was no joke. "You've been writing to my mother?" Josh asked, his voice very hostile in that moment. Eleanor Murray didn't write to trivial beings, Merlin knew she couldn't even acknowledge her son, so why Louise?

"My mother is also not a nice woman, Grey. You'd do well to remember that before she sinks her claws in to you." Josh informed the witch. It wasn't that he particularly cared what his mother did to people, it was the simple fact that his mother could not be allowed to play with his little birdy.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:45 am

"I have yes, well she began writing to me first and I began writing back a few weeks ago." She listened to him warning her but frowned, surly she couldn't be that bad, she looked stern but not hostile. "Well she seemed friendly enough in her letters. We talk about the hospital mostly and she asks about the medical section of the library often.

"Why do you think she isn't nice? Has she been mean to you before?" She started to get a little worried now, but then again Josh rarely needed a reason to speak badly of someone but his own mother? Louise hadn't gotten the impression that the woman was abusive or mean spirited, firm and a little aloof but not nasty.
Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:56 am

As Louise spoke of Eleanor Murray being a friendly being, Josh couldn't help but cycle through every scene his mother had ever made in front of him. The hysterical fits at his father, the down right scathing tones of her voice as Layton Murray explained how things were going to be. No, Eleanor Murray was not, and would never be, called nice.

"Why do you think she isn't nice? Has she been mean to you before?"

With a soft sigh, Josh rolled on to his side, facing Louise with no emotions covering his face. "My parents have one thing and only one thing in this world that is important to them, Grey. Power. Murray's are brought up to know power, how to gain power, how to use power. An heir is power. In light of a divorce, power is split between the two people, or they can fight over power.

"My father had no interest in the house they shared, nor the wealth, or really anything else. A Murray doesn't need materiality to be powerful. But, a Murray needs an heir. If you can imagine for a second being three years old and seeing your parents arguing, not over yourself, but the fact you will continue their blood line, you will understand the feud. It ended up in joint custody after many years of fighting. My mother was seething by this point. She'd played every card she could think of to try and get me as her own." Josh explained, still no emotion in his voice as he explained.

"Then, once all the fighting is over, once neither wins, the heir grows unimportant. I grew up away from both my mother and father, with nannies, and the household staff. I would only see my parents when they were home. Arguing. It would have been fine if they'd have just left me out of it. But once my mother realised she could get no further with my father, she turned her attention to me. The son she didn't care about for near on ten years. Pretending she was a good mother. I'd learnt by then, Grey, that I didn't need anyone, least of all her.

"And it irks me, even now, that she thinks she can say or do anything to change that." Josh concluded, his gaze never leaving Louise. He was neither embarrassed nor upset by his childhood, in fact he'd enjoyed it. What he didn't enjoy was his mother, or indeed anyone, trying to worm their way in to his life.

"She's a manipulative woman, and I do not for a second think her intentions towards you are noble." Josh added, shaking his head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:01 pm

When he moved Louise was expecting to be shoved off the bed or at least receive a verbal lashing. She flinched but kept her eyes open and on Josh, her mouth remained firmly shut and hidden behind her pillow. She listened and the more she heard the less she liked it.
She hadn't been aware his parents were divorced, she wasn't sure what her parents were she didn't see a ring on either of them.

She frowned and tried to work out if Josh's view of his mother may have been slightly skewed, only seeing it from a child's point of view, or if Eleanor Murray really was everything he said she was. She wasn't sure and she wouldn't ask, not now at least. She'd continue talking with her and try to figure out for herself. She didn't want to suggest to Josh either that he could possibly be wrong, that was always a bad idea.

She kept quiet but her heart ached for him, his childhood was anything but normal and it was sad enough to just hear about it. In a moment of thought she wondered if he'd hex her if she hugged him right now. Probably, but she did it anyway, keeping the pillow between them though and not holding him for too long just in case he changed his mind about letting her stay. The ever present tugging she usually felt would have refused to let her leave now anyway, she still couldn't get a read on what it meant but it was insisting on staying put.

Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:10 am

Josh watched as the girl before him made a variation of faces that he could not place. Faces he was quite sure were supposed to mean something but just made her look... Well, weird. "You don't have to pull funny faces, Grey, I'm not looking for-"

As Louise's arms wrapped around him in a hug, Josh froze in place, the words dying on his lips as he tried to register everything. But before anything could be said or done about the hug, Louise had pulled away and gone back to hugging her pillow.

And then there was the weird feeling in his body. That feeling he always dismissed as belly ache. A frown touched his features, trying to place what he'd eaten that day to make himself queasy. Nothing that was overly rich... Instead, Josh forgot about such things. They were trivial anyway.

"I'm going to sleep now, Grey." Josh announced, his hand moving to the pillow between them and moving it from between them, up to Louise's head for her to rest on. Pulling the covers up to his shoulder, Josh considered the witch in front of him for a moment.

What was it girls like Grey read about?

Ah, yes.

Moving his head to Louise's pillow, Josh gave enough time for a dismissal, not that he'd listen anyway, and then leant in, pressing his lips firmly against hers. "Night, Grey." Josh whispered, moving back to his own pillow, and closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:10 am

Lou didn't really want to know what he'd been meaning to say it was funny hearing him short circuit mid sentence, but she wisely refrained form giggling. Once she'd pulled back she watched him for a few moments and wondered what he was doing moving the pillow she'd brought.
She got her answer and it wasn't anything like the unpleasant scenarios she had imagined.

She blinked when he moved closer then just as she was going to kiss back he moved again, git. "Night Josh." She settled down and smiled to herself before closing her eyes to try and sleep.
It was easily the best sleep she'd had all year aside from her first night back at Miss Sheridan's this summer.

At some point during the night she'd snuggled right up to him with her head against his shoulder and one arm around his waist. As she promised she removed herself from the boy's dorms before anyone else woke up and returned to her room to get showered and changed for the day, she did leave a small thank you on Josh's bedside table however, a small box with his favourite sweets inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Move over (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over (Josh)   Move over (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

Move over (Josh)
Page 1 of 1