Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Friend?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bethan Fielding
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Bethan Fielding

A New Friend? Empty
PostSubject: A New Friend?   A New Friend? EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 am

Bethan had been a little homesick at first but soon settled back into life at school, getting up early for classes and not constantly being around her parents and sister. The best part of being back was probably the food. Her mother was not the greatest cook, but the house elves made the best food ever! And of course, being back to her friends. And being able to use magic. Really, everything was brilliant! And she couldn't be happier! Unless she had jellybeans.

After a trip to the Owlery to send her family a letter, she bounded back to the common room, getting a few weird looks just because she was skipping. Boring people. Once she got in, she took a seat on a nice fluffy armchair and opened up her Charms book for a little bit of light studying. Her mother said she should start thinking about her future, and OWLs - even though those were ages and ages away. Beth, however, didn't have the best concentration and could only stand a few minutes reading before she got bored and looked around the room, which was fairly quiet and calm.

Another girl at the other side of the room reading caught her eye. She didn't look familiar, but not first-year size either. And Beth was everywhere. She couldn't imagine never noticing someone before. The girl hardly had one of those forgettable faces either.

Curiosity got the best of Bethan, so she shoved her book carelessly in her bag, stood up and made her way over. "Hello!" she beamed. Deciding not to be too forthright and immediately voice why she was over here, she paused then, trying to think of something to say to start conversation. "What're you reading?" Despite her inability to concentrate for long, she did like reading and was always up for book recommendations.

Last edited by Bethan Fielding on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

A New Friend? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Friend?   A New Friend? EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 am

School was flowing nicely now, Victoria was very settled in to her new home, and she'd finally mastered the notion of getting around the castle quite well. Classes were keeping her busy, and her friend list was slowly growing. Something that made Victoria happier than usual, though that in itself was a very difficult thing to achieve.

That afternoon, Victoria was sat in the armchair she'd made her own with her feet gently tucked up underneath her, he nose buried in her Care of Magical Creatures textbook. It was her revision time, so Victoria was blissfully unaware of the things going on around her, completely blocking out everything and everyone.

"What're you reading?"

Or maybe, most people.

Looking up from her book, Victoria took in the girl before her, a smile blossoming on her lips instead of the concentrated face of reading. "Hi!" Victoria replied to the earlier comment, marking her book and closing it in her hands for later. It was rude to not give people your full attention, after all. "I'm just reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ready for my O.W.L.S. at the end of this year. Have you read it before?" Victoria asked, trying to see if this was a point they could talk about. "Care of Magical Creatures is one of my favourite classes, what's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Bethan Fielding
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Bethan Fielding

A New Friend? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Friend?   A New Friend? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:25 am

Bethan had decided immediately that she liked the girl, just on the basis that she was a Hufflepuff (and her housemates generally turned out to be friendly enough) and that she had one of those friendly faces, which was always a good thing. It seemed she was to be proved correct, she decided when the girl responded. Actual responses were always nice.

"...Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ready for my O.W.L.S. at the end of this year."

Ooh! "I've read some of it!" Her mother had given her an old copy last Christmas and she had got about halfway through, but then it happened to disappear. Beth was almost certain a goat had eaten it. That wasn't even as ridiculous as it sounded. "It's really interesting. I'll have to finish it at some point." After all, she hated to leave a good book unfinished, even if it had been chewed into tiny shreds by a goat named Ripper.

"Care of Magical Creatures is one of my favourite classes, what's yours?"

Wow, that was great! Already something they had in common! "I like it too," she nodded. It was most likely because she had been around animals all her life, being raised on a farm. Although, one could argue that would put a girl off animals instead. "I like Herbology too! Outdoors stuff, I suppose. Being indoors in a stuffy classroom can be awfully boring."
Back to top Go down

A New Friend? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Friend?   A New Friend? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Victoria smiled as the witch said that she had read some of it. That was always good to know that she wasn't the only one who read a textbook from cover to cover, word for word. However, when the witch before her told her that she hadn't finished it, Victoria looked slightly confused. "You can borrow mine if you need to read things for class, I don't mind!" She offered, knowing that sometimes library queues could make it relatively difficult for these things to happen.

Although, Victoria did wonder why the witch didn't have the book that was on their school books list...

"I like Herbology too! Outdoors stuff, I suppose. Being indoors in a stuffy classroom can be awfully boring."

"Oh! Herbology is great! I do hope our professor is a good one!" The witch replied happily, knowing Azalea had left the schools she wondered who the replacement would be. "Personally I like Potions more though. It's so much more satisfying when you get to the end of lesson with a complete product. Though, of course, that is just personal preference, Potions is undoubtedly one of my strongest subjects."

Victoria also liked the professor for his teaching style, but she was quite aware that her view was not shared by many people, at least in Salem, so she didn't voice it here.

It was a moment later that Victoria realised that she hadn't introduced herself and shook herself. "I am so sorry, I'm being unbelievably rude! I'm Victoria by the way, Victoria Newbury. I'm new here, but I like it very much!" She told the younger witch, suddenly very aware of her accent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Friend? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Friend?   A New Friend? Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Friend?
Page 1 of 1