Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letter to a friend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carson Harper-Conrad
Belladonna Prefect
Belladonna Prefect
Carson Harper-Conrad

Letter to a friend Empty
PostSubject: Letter to a friend   Letter to a friend EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:59 am

Sitting at the desk in his room Carson gave a gentle frown down at the blank piece of parchment in front of him. For the last fifteen minutes he'd been trying to find the right words to say, the proper way to express what he was thinking and feeling, but as a general rule Carson wasn't any good that that kind of stuff. He tried to just shut off his brain and just write, but that wasn't quite so well for him either. Everything he'd written sounded like some cliche teenage love letter, and that wasn't what he was going for. Again he put quill to parchment and attempted to write this letter deciding that whatever came out is what he'd send.

"Hey Victoria,

It's me Carson, I know you probably aren't expecting a letter from me but I mean it's not like I can just chat up up in the great hall anymore. Though I understand your reason for leaving, I still miss you something fierce.If you're ever around my neck of the woods I'd like to hang out or something. Like I guess maybe a date kind of if you want. Gods this is so weird doing this over a letter, I am not nearly as charming on paper as I am in person. I guess the point that I wanted to get across is that I miss you and even though you're across the world I'd still like to talk to you and hang out and stuff. Well get back to me when you can princess.

Signed,
Your ever valiant knight in shining armor
Carson Harper-Conrad"

Reading the letter again Carse had to resist the urge to just crumple it up and throw it away. But he'd made a decision to send out whatever sappy romanticized dribble his mind produced so that's what he did. Into an envelope the letter went and out his window with the owl he'd chosen for this task.

"Now...to see if she'll answer." He muttered to himself with a heavy sigh.
Back to top Go down

Letter to a friend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to a friend   Letter to a friend EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Getting used to the new castle had been difficult for Victoria, highly tiring in fact. Making friends wasn't difficult for Victoria, she'd already managed to get a map out of one of the older students which was working well enough to get her around the school, and all in all her house was full of friendly people.

It was therefore slightly confusing when an owl had arrived midway through dinner for her, normally the post came in the morning, and nearly everyone was looking at her. The American witch's cheeks had flushed quite nicely as she took the letter and calmly left the Great Hall for a place to open it. It had been her dorm room that had been the place in question, and Victoria had sat on her bed, tearing open the envelope and being rather shocked by the handwriting. In a nice way, of course. As the witch read the letter, a smile touched her lips to begin with, followed by a blush at the boys words, but finally, as she read the way Carson had signed off, Victoria let out a soft giggle at his humour.

There hadn't even been a decision to be made as to whether she would reply.

Dear Carson,

Thank you so much for the letter, I have gone from pleasant surprise, to joy and the to laughter of your words. In a good way, of course! It's so very nice to hear from you, of course, and I believe I owe you a very big thank you. Someone told me that it was you that got me away from the attack on Salem, and for that I am most grateful. It therefore means that I could never say no to meeting up with you sometime!

And, you're always charming, I could read the whole thing in your voice, and see the smile that usually accompanies your words! I can ask Jake to bring me over for an afternoon to Greenswitch, if you like? I'm not sure if it will be granted, but I can try!

How is Salem going? Settling in here has been difficult, but fun! Are you still creating trouble?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love,

Victoria

xxx

After finishing up the letter, Victoria read through both Carson's and her own letters, checking she'd addressed everything and that her own was a decent reply for the boy who had made the effort for her. Once she was sure, the witch moved down to the owlery and sent an owl with the letter, hoping that it would be enough for the boy on the other end.
Back to top Go down
Carson Harper-Conrad
Belladonna Prefect
Belladonna Prefect
Carson Harper-Conrad

Letter to a friend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to a friend   Letter to a friend EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:14 pm

When the morning post arrived the next day Carson had yet to trudge out of bed, so then the owl began pecking at his window he grunted in mild annoyance. Boxer clad he made his way to the window and swung it open just long enough for the owl to drop the letter on the desk and back off into the morning sun. going back to his bed he sat down and opened the letter and immediately smiled a little at the handwriting he could easily identify as belonging to Victoria. The words that the girl had written to him caused him to feel this warm and comforting sensation that he couldn't explain. Though he knew with out a doubt that he needed to write back.

Sitting at his desk he began penning a letter with much more confidence than the first time.

Dear Victoria,

There's really no need to thank me, writing a letter was literally the least I could do. I just wanted to let you know that you were missed and on my mind. No need to thank me for getting you out either, that plan was all your brother's; though I'm glad that I got to be your knight in shining armor. I'd absolutely love it if you could get permission to meet me in Greenswitch for a date.

As far as Salem goes things are dull as usual. Much more so without your radiant presence to brighten my day. And I told you the first night we met princess, my middle name is trouble. I don't make it, I am it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you. Let me know what your brother says.

Talk to you soon,
Carson
Back to top Go down

Letter to a friend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to a friend   Letter to a friend EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:51 pm

The letter was fast in coming back, which only made Victoria happier. It was nice to know that the people she'd left behind were still interested in talking to her. Hurrying back to her dorm after classes, Victoria opened her letter. The smile that blossomed on her lips also brought a warm glow to her cheeks until finally she'd finished reading.

Dear Carson,

I think you're always going to be my knight in shining armour since that night, but that doesn't mean I can't say thank you for it again and again. Jake already knows I'm thankful for all he did, I simply have to make sure you know too.

I have spoken to Jake, and seeing as we have a midterm break, Jake had promised to bring me over for Halloween. Would you like to meet me at the Devil's pub that evening? I'm sure there will be a party going on in there! It will be fun!

I'm sorry to hear Salem is dull, Hogwarts is absolutely amazing! I've made friends with a really cool Mexican girl, we're in the same house and dormitory. I think you'd like her, she's so very pretty! And I'm sure there are plenty of other people who can make you smile, Salem is full of lovely people.

I will look forward to seeing you on Halloween, my outfit is a surprise, but I'm pretty sure you'll love it!

Love,

Victoria

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letter to a friend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter to a friend   Letter to a friend Empty

Back to top Go down

Letter to a friend
Page 1 of 1