Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) Empty
PostSubject: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:54 am

Swinging his legs over the ledge, he let then dangle freely. The breeze was cooling and fresh. Turning his head back to look at Brooke, he flashed her a grin. "You were right. It's quiet up here."

She nodded and hopped up to join him. "You didn't answer my question," she said, giving him a nudge. He rolled his eyes, and she laughed. "Well, someone is getting more daring everyday," she teased.

A few moments of silence passed - the comfortable kind you get with close friends, not the awkward horrible kind - before they began chatting. Who knows how long passed - an hour? Two, perhaps? - until Tristan heard the door to the owlery open and someone entering.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:02 am

Thana went to the Owlery, thinking she could have some peace. She had a terrible day, between DADA, where she failed miserably, and Missing Alchemy, then even worse. She had lost control of her Isolde in CoMC. She opened the door expecting to be alone,,...before finding out she wasn't. At the Owlery was Brooke and...A boy she didn't know. "Hey " she said noticing her friend. "I could ask why you are sneaking out, but its not my place to" Thana told her friend. She couldn't say that Brooke shouldn't be there , when Thana herself sneaked out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:51 am

Brooke had finally had some time to relax between her classes and patrolling, and had met up with Tristan. He seemed to be doing relatively okay in school, but she was still worried about the whole deal of him fitting in and making friends, neither of which she thought he was doing very well. She understood, of course, how hard it was for him to adjust and she wanted to help him as best she could, but without directly interfering, of course - she knew of his independent tendencies and respected them. Hopefully one day soon he'd come to learn that now he didn't need to reply on himself alone, and that she - and her, no, their parents - would always be there to support him.

They had been talking about random things, and she kept an eye on her watch the whole time. As a prefect, she couldn't and wouldn't keep him from obeying curfew. When Tristan turned towards the door, Brooke imitated his actions and saw Thana enter. She gave the Ravenclaw prefect a wave.

"Hey. I could ask why you are sneaking out, but its not my place to"

She smile, and noticing Tristan's look of distrust, said, "Sneaking out? Me? I'd never!" Glancing at her watch, she nodded to herself. "Yup, it's still an hour to curfew."

Motioning to Tristan, she added, "Thana, meet Tristan. He's..." she paused and trailed off, looking at him for confirmation. Both Brooke and their parents had constantly repeated the fact that the adoption and his past were his secret and his secret alone, and they would not tell anyone without his permission, unless absolutely necessary. He gave her a surreptitious nod and a half-smile. Continuing, Brooke faced Thana and finished with, "He's my brother."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:57 am

Thana looked at the boy that Brooke introduced. She had guessed as much, but decided it was better not to say anything about it. "Oh is it?" She said when she was told she still had an hour before curfew. "Well Nice to meet you Tristan!" she said, giving the boy a wave. "I am Thana, " she introduced herself. "How are you enjoying school?" She asked the boy.

Thana liked the look of Tristan, he seemed nice. She asked a few other questions. "So your a Slytherin huh? Bit of family rivalry?" She asked the two, it was interesting. Adoption, it meant a family was opening their hearts to a stranger. Thana didn't say anything out loud though, her thoughts were her own. "Made any teachers mad yet?" she said, still jokingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:11 am

"Oh is it?"

Double checking her watch, Brooke nodded again. "Yup!"

"Well Nice to meet you Tristan! How are you enjoying school?""

Watching her brother carefully, she saw him fidget slightly, and knew he was uncomfortable. Still, he gave her a nod out of politeness. It surprised her how such a talkative, energetic boy could suddenly become so mute and shy. Honestly, if she didn't know him, she would have thought of him as an unfriendly person. Trying to cover up the awkwardness that hung in the atmosphere, she quickly said, "He's still getting used to it."

Scooting over so she was next to her brother, she motioned for Thana to take a seat. She waited as Thana asked Tristan a few more questions, before giving her brother an encouraging smile. As much as she wanted to help him, she also knew some things he had to do for himself. Let him grow a little, experience what making a friend was like. She wasn't worried about Thana, for she liked and trusted the girl.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:23 am

Thana noticed that Tristan was uncomfortable with her question about school. "Don't worry, I am a new student too!" she explained, "So it is still confusing as much for you as me!" she said. Then Thana went quiet, she didn't need to say a lot, she had done her part. Thana was comfortable with silence. She sat down and looked out over the Owlery, she was sitting on the balcony. She wasn't afraid of heights, nor falling. Thana was comfortable with the silence, she could sense many things of Tristan, but she didn't say anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Their peace had been broken by this weird Ravenclaw, and he didn't like her. Still, if Brooke trusted her, so would he. He listened to her questions, but didn't glance at her, instead choosing to maintain his previous point of focus, the view of the lake from the tower.

He flashed his sister a small smile that only she could see when she answered the first question for him, but then turned it into a slight glare when he realized she expected him to answer the rest.

"Don't worry, I am a new student too! So it is still confusing as much for you as me!"

He frowned to himself. No, he thought, it wasn't. Thinking back to the first question and deciding it best if he actually answered them, he said softly, "I am. But we don't fight."

Brooke teasingly had added, "Not yet, anyway. Give us a few more months and you'll start to see bruises," and he laughed.

To the next question, he shook his head. "I hope not," he said simply.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:05 am

Thana got the hint that tristan didn't really like her, " we'll I'm going to find huntress!" She said to him and Brooke. " uh.. Nice meeting you tristan... I hope you make friends here" was all she managed to say, she was very socially awkward. Thana left the "siblings" and found huntress, giving her a letter and a pat before leaving the owlery, unknowingly missin a step and tumbling down the many stairs. She landed almost gracefully at the bottom, she already knew several bones were broken. She could feel them starting to go back together , but it would take some time with falling like she did. She was lucky to be alive really, " this is going to hurt in he mor ing" she thought to herself. Several ribs she had broken, and her wrist she believed. But no arms or legs or necks luckily, Thana sat up painfully. " ow" was all she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)   My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke) Empty

Back to top Go down

My Sister's Friend (Thana and Brooke)
Page 1 of 1