Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) Empty
PostSubject: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:52 am

So far the movie night had done brilliantly, it was getting later and later so the movies got more and more horrific. Thana was normally fine with horrors, but one of the movies they had out on had an extremely horrific torture scene. One that Thana took close to heart , as she had experienced it in real life. She made sure everyone else was fine before leaving the Common Room and walking out , her bottle of fire whiskey with her. She hadn't drunk in ages, but tonight she just wanted to taste it. Not to try get drunk which she knew wouldn't work anyway.

Quietly she made it to the top of the school, the rooftop and opened the bottle. It was a beautiful night, overlooking everything . Thana had a small sip of it, enjoying the branding taste the fire whiskey had. She didn't like the cheaper Versions, so bought the top shelf stuff. She sat, watching the night pass by and even let a year slide down her cheek. Everything seemed so right and so wrong at the same time.

Last edited by Thana Semele on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Greg was starting to get fairly bored of the movies. At least that's what he'd say if you asked him. In reality some of the scenes was reminding him of his Father and he didn't like to bring back those horrible memories. So Greg decided to take a breather. He surprisingly made it up to the top of the school. Greg hasn't been up here yet because of his cursed leg. It hurts too much to make the journey and now his leg was protesting of course. He griped his cane harder so his knuckles were white. Greg made it to the top and stopped. He needed to sit down. Too bad he forgot his pain potion in his office. Greg looked around and saw a student with a bottle of what looked like Fire Whiskey. He internally sighed. He's suppose to confiscate any alcohol from students. Greg limped over to Thana. "Bottle now." He said and held his free arm out. He was attempting to mask his physical and emotional pain so Thana wouldn't notice.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Bottle now

Thana sighed , she had been caught and knew there wasn't much she could do about it. She did think of simply letting it drop from where she was sitting, but that was going to be a waste of perfectly good Firewhiskey. Sighing, she took another small sip of the liquid before handing it over, waiting for her punishment that was most likely to come.

The bottle really was still brand new, only two small mouthfuls had been taken from it so was practically full. She gave no explanation nor did she say anything to the muggle studies Professor, she just sat waiting for her Professor to say something . Normally she was the quiet girl that sat at the back of the class and got top marks, preferring to be left alone unless like on her first day she needed to shut Jareth up . She also wasn't supposed to be drinking at all, not with her injury and especially with the medication she was on for it.  " Evening Professor" Thana finally said, still looking out at the world beyond and trying to cover the single tear that was making its way down her face.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Greg held the bottle in his hand. He noted that it was basically full. "You shouldn't be drinking at all but you especially shouldn't with the medication you're taking." Greg said even though Thana probably knew that already. She seemed distracted. Usually Greg would ignore others feeling and related things but Greg just felt different today. "You alright?" He asked and then took a swig of the fire whiskey. It's not like Thana's getting the fire whiskey back anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Thana listened as she was told not to be drinking, something she already knew. Then she heard the bottle being reopened and saw Professor House take a drink of it,'" but that's my Firewhiskey !" She said, before realising that she probably wasn't going to get it back.

You alright?
.  Thana nodded softly, she didn't let people in on her problems. " Yeah , why wouldn't I be? ." She said softly, unable to look him in the eye. Then a thought occurred to her, " How do you know  I'm on medication?" Thana asked confused .
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Greg figured that Thana was lying about being okay but he didn't push it. "Lucas told me." Greg said. His leg was starting to protest more because he'd been standing for too long after he walked all the way up here. Greg knew he'd have to sit down right now or his leg will give out. He knew it would be a lot better if he didn't fall to the ground so he carefully sat down. "Don't mind my cursed leg." He said and looked up at Thana. Greg figured he'd be stuck here until his leg felt better. "How's school been?" He asked to start up some sort of conversation. Greg took another swig of the fire whiskey as well.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:38 pm

"Lucas told me."

" Of course he did , he just can't stay out of my life." Thana replied darkly, watching as her Professor sat down. Sadly she wasn't mean enough to leave him, so she would be stuck here with him for a while. At the mention of his leg Thana simply shrugged, " Doesn't bother me. " she answered.

How's school been?

Thana watched grumpily as her Professor kept drinking HER Firewhiskey, knowing full damn well she couldn't say anything. " It's been fine, apart from Jareth being an asshole." Thana replied, pulling out a packet of Fantails from her pocket. " Want some? " she offered, neither of them seemed to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:58 am

"It's been fine, apart from Jareth being an asshole."

Greg smirked at that comment. "I can't say I have anything nice to say about him." Greg said and started to massage his leg. "I'm surprised he's made it to 6th year." He joked. Greg mentally scolded his self for walking up here. "Damn leg." He muttered.

"Want some?"

Greg looked at the Fantails. "I'm fine." He said and felt his pocket vibrate. Greg muttered incoherently and pulled out his cell phone. He had managed to get it to work on Salem's grounds. He groaned when he saw the caller ID. "Damn hospitals." He said and hung up instead of answering. He didn't care if it seemed rude. Greg was soon done with those morons.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:12 am

I'm surprised he's made it to 6th year."

" that makes two of us. Even though he is repeating he has no idea how easy he had it." Thana answered before looking at her Professor with concern, she knew what it was like to have a permanent injury. " Sir do you want a hand with your leg?" She enquired, managing to pick up the Firewhiskey bottle.

" No I'm not going to drink it." She said to his glare, before moving over to kneel next to him. " I was apprenticed to Lucas last year, and before that spent my time studying healing in the Tibetian Alps. I do have some idea on what I am doing ." Thana said with her eyebrow raised,  watching as he rejected the phone call. " Huh, so the rumours were true, you did come from the muggle world back to us." She commented, summoning a bowl with Accio and pouring some of the Firewhiskey into the bowl. " It's a trick my master taught me, lift your trouser leg up." She said, waiting for him to do as she instructed, clearly showing she wasn't going to take no for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:51 pm

"Huh, so the rumours were true, you did come from the muggle world back to us."

"Rumors? I'm the Muggle Studies Professor. I must know something about them." Greg said and shoved the cell phone back in his pocket. "I'm a Retired Doctor but I still do some consulting every now and then." He said to explain why he had a cell phone.

"It's a trick my master taught me, lift your trouser leg up."

He was weary of what Thana was talking about doing. Greg hesitated but Thana looked like she wasn't going to back down. "Isn't this a little straight forward?" Greg joked. He started to lift his jeans leg up. "If you mess it up more I swear you'll regret it." Greg said in a serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:11 pm

"If you mess it up more I swear you'll regret it."

" Well of you plan on killing me you're  going to have to wait, there's already a line." She replied, using her wand to set the alcohol on fire, watching  as it went to a blue flame. Satisfied she moved closer, after raising an eyebrow. " Do you want to be knocked out by your own cane?." Thana said dryly to the comment of being straightforward.

Satisfied that the alcohol was ready she gave herself a moment before dipping her hands straight into the flame, it stung only a tiny amount at first. A pain that she didn't mind, and knew wouldn't be transferred to the Professor, she kept rubbing the flame between her hands before turning slightly to the Professor, and saw for the first time his cursed leg. She didn't stare however, it was an injury and nothing more. " This will feel unusual, but not painful." She warned, before confidently putting her hands on his leg with a gentle touch.

Working quickly and quietly she rubbed the flame all over his cursed leg, gently touching certain pressure points and letting the flame do it's job. After a few moments she let the flame go out, making sure it hadn't burnt any skin. As she watched she saw the skin go slightly pink, which was wanted. She checked her fingerless gloves to make sure that they hadn't been burnt, luckily they hadn't  been touched. " The affects won't last forever, around five or six hours maximum." Thana explained, before sitting back down. Tentatively she thought about her next question, " when was your leg cursed? If you don't mind telling a student ." Thana asked, curious as to when he got it
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 9:33 am

"The affects won't last forever, around five or six hours maximum."

"Mm okay." Greg said. He was enjoying the relief. His leg hasn't felt this good in years. Medication and potions never worked very well. Greg sighed. He wished it wouldn't wear off.

"When was your leg cursed? If you don't mind telling a student."

The question pulled him out of his trance. Greg contemplated how he should answer. "It happened around the time of the Second Wizarding War. I was visiting my parents at the time. It was back when I got a new Doctoring job in New Jersey." Greg said and shuffled a bit. "I was attacked by a few Death Eaters on my way back from a run in the park near my parent's house. I've never been the best with protective spells and one of their curses had a lot bigger reaction then they were expecting. In the end I was lucky I didn't lose my leg." Greg explained.

He thought back to that day. It was the day his Father finally found out that he was a wizard. It didn't turn out well. Greg sighed. His Father was so upset at him and Greg's Mother. Of course Greg was basically helpless at the time. Greg shoved those memories out of his mind. He didn't want to think about that right now. "Thanks for doing what ever the hell you did." Greg said to Thana. His leg was feeling so much better.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Thana listened as her Profesor spoke, she knew that day. It was the day she was captured by the ministry." I'm sorry." She said, feeling his pain. She didn't want to reveal her identity yet, but wanted to let the grumpy man know he wasn't alone.

" Before the Faowinds took me under their guardianship I had an adoptive father, he wasn't a nice man. When I was ten years old he gave me this." Thana said, turning and lifting the back of her shirt up, to reveal an ugly scar from her right shoulder to left hip. Some of her tattoos were visible as well, including her glow in the dark angel ones that the scar went right through. " My father cursed me because I said no to him." She explained, pulling the back of her shirt down and sitting down again. Then she realised that she was still going to have to take a punishment for having the Firewhiskey, she was guessing detention or something.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:15 am

Greg was quite surprised that Thana was revealing this information to him. Personally Greg doesn't usually tell anybody about his father. "My father wasn't the nicest man out there. He was in the muggle army and completely agreed with all their rules and crap. He liked to run the house like a military base and he was very strict about it. When ever I messed up I'd be punished with a ice bath and then have to sleep outside for the night. My mother never told him that she was a Witch or that I'm a Wizard. He found out the night my leg was cursed. It didn't turn out well." Greg said. He didn't know why he just told all that to a student. "Don't tell anybody about my father." He said and hoped Thana would listen.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:28 am

Thana looked down as her Professor spoke, they were so alike. " Your secrets safe with me. I know how you feel with the medications, the doctors they tried everything. Then they out me on the medication. It doesn't really do much but I still have to take them. It slightly stops the spasms by keeping me less stressed but the pain is still there. I can still feel the glass inside my heart." she replied, there was no way she would tell anyone. " I was raised a muggle until I was eight, but both my parents were disowned purebloods. They were killed because I could do magic by the man who adopted me. I know what it's like to have punishments, it's why I came up here.. It sound stupid but one of the scenes in the movies was almost exactly like what my father did to me. I wanted to forget." She explained, indicating to the bottle of Firewhiskey. " You know your not as grumpy or mean as you make out." She said, raising an eyebrow at him. He gave off this persona of a grumpy man, but really he was just like her. He had been hurt and wanted to protect himself.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:12 am

"You know your not as grumpy or mean as you make out."

"You haven't seen me at my worst." Greg grumbled. He didn't want to admit that maybe Thana was right. Being grumpy and mean was his cover, his mask to tell the world that he didn't want to be bothered or sympathized with. He hated sympathy. It was just a dumb thing people did to try and make him feel better but all it did was make him feel worse. Deep down all Greg wanted was to be normal but he wouldn't admit that. Partly because he was naturally a cold and logical person that knew that would never happen but he still wondered if it could.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am

"You haven't seen me at my worst."

" and you haven't seen me. Your not the only one who wears a mask Sir with all due respect." Thana answered to the man, knowing she couldn't leave him yet she pulled out her wand and summoned her guitar. Watching as it came zooming up over the balcony, he window of course had been open so it simply flew straight up. " Most nights I come up here to think... To get away from it all." She admitted to her Professor. Quietly she started strumming, playing a few chords before thinking of what she could sing. Quietly she started playing an old folksong she had learned on her travels, not looking at the Professor but rather out to the night sky.  She started playing it softly on her guitar before she started singing.

Over in Killarney
Many years ago,
Me Mither sang a song to me
In tones so sweet and low.
Just a simple little ditty,
In her good 'olde Irish way,
And l'd give the world if she could sing
That song to me this day.

"Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby."

Oft in dreams I wander
To that cot again,
I feel her arms a-huggin' me
As when she held me then.
And I hear her voice a -hummin'
To me as in days of yore,
When she used to rock me fast asleep
Outside the cabin door.

For once Thana let her guard down, she was after all the Phantom singer of the top tower. Often singing out into the night. She let her guard down in front of Greg, revealing even more so how they were alike. She put on a cold face, and a cold demeanour, but really she just didn't want sympathy or to be considered a cripple with her injury. She had a deep respect for Professor House, even if she never said it to him.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Greg listened to Thana sing and play her guitar. He smirked. So he's not the only one at Salem that plays guitar then. Greg summoned his guitar. "And you're not the only one who plays guitar." He said and took out a pick from his jeans pocket. Greg always carries at least on pick with him at all times. Recently he hasn't been able to play much because of all the classes and things like that but he's really wanted to. Greg positioned his self in a way so he could play and he followed along to Thana for a bit but then went off track to play his own things. "So how long have you been playing?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 pm

To say Thana was surprised was an understatement, as Professor House summoned up a guitar. Immediately she stopped playing once he did, and listened to him.

"So how long have you been playing?"

"Not long really, as most kids did I learned piano as a child but it never interested me. One of my friends taught me violin a while back  and over the summer I made the transition.....I kinda just picked it up and started playing. I brought it with me as I didn't think the school would like a drumkit going around." Thana answered, "You know the first day I met you I thought you were going to put Jareth and me in the same I don't like you because you are a trouble maker boat because of what happened. " Thana said, listening to him strum away.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:09 am

"Not long really, as most kids did I learned piano as a child but it never interested me. One of my friends taught me violin a while back  and over the summer I made the transition.....I kinda just picked it up and started playing. I brought it with me as I didn't think the school would like a drumkit going around."

Greg smirked. "I've been playing instruments for as long as I can remember. I started out with piano then I moved over to guitar. I do play drums as well and if you're lucky I play the harmonica every once in a while." Greg said as he continued to play his guitar. He frowned. "My father never liked me playing music. He thought it was a waste of time."

"You know the first day I met you I thought you were going to put Jareth and me in the same I don't like you because you are a trouble maker boat because of what happened. "

"Hm... Yes that was a interesting class but I knew you weren't like Jareth. I just needed to make sure it wouldn't happen again." Greg said and stopped playing. "Oh, when you came over to apologize you left some extremely accurate heart diagrams. They're lying around in my office some where if you need them." Greg said and started to play again.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:22 am

"Hm... Yes that was a interesting class but I knew you weren't like Jareth. I just needed to make sure it wouldn't happen again." Greg said and stopped playing. "Oh, when you came over to apologize you left some extremely accurate heart diagrams. They're lying around in my office some where if you need them." Greg said and started to play again.

At the first part of the statement she rolled her eyes " I didn't want to disrupt your class but I didn't want Jareth being failed on his first day." She answered, at the second part she frowned. " Hmm that's where they got to , Thankyou for holding them." She answered, " I would hope they are accurate it's what my heart currently looks like." She stated as an afterthought.

Quietly she sat and listened to Greg, she knew she could ask him almost anything. Now she wanted to know his opinion on something. " Professor, may I ask your opinion on something ?" She asked him seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )   But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana ) Empty

Back to top Go down

But that's my fire whiskey... ( Greg and Thana )
Page 1 of 1