Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Love of Books (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage Fawn
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Sage Fawn

A Love of Books (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Sage wandered into the library. He didn't need to study right now but he wanted to read. Its not like he had a subject in mind though. Sage walked slowly through the bookshelf's. He eventually picked out a book about the Patronus charm. Sage has always wondered what his Patronus would be. Sage walked over to a chair near a window. He figured that when he was younger he would of been able to fit in the ledge of the window but he wouldn't be able to now. He's had many growth sprits since then. Sage sat down in the chair and started to get absorbed into the book. It was fairly interesting to him.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Prefect Meeting: Done
Potions Essay: Done
DADA essay: In-progress
NEWT Studying: not started

The thought of Tess not giving herself time to study was unthinkable. The new year had barely started, and she was already determined to get Outstanding in everything. She was a bookworm at heart, and she wasn't going to fail if she just crammed everything in. Her mind was filled with books that she might need, and as if it was a checklist in her mind, she began to pull them from the shelves. Seven. Seven books were not carried by the petite witch towards the circular table that was alone. She didn't want to be disturbed, at least not until she got some studying done. This was entirely too much.
Back to top Go down
Sage Fawn
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Sage Fawn

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Sage looked up from his book once he finished the first two chapters. He saw a witch that was probably around his age. Sage thought she seemed familiar. She was a Slytherin right? Both of Sage's parents were Slytherin. Personally Sage hasn't meet a lot of Slytherins that he liked but there's always a few exceptions. Thats true with most things in life. Sage looked away so no one would think he was staring. He figured he might as well say hello. Sage got up with his index finger still in the book so he could keep his spot. He tended to lose his spot in books all the time and that is the most frustrating thing ever! Sage walked over to the witch. "Hello I'm Sage Fawn. I've seen you around but I don't know if we've met yet." He said.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Tess had the book right on her lap, and as soon as she had a chance, and was soon engrossed. Potions was something that she figured she had under her belt, along with DADA. She had put those books last, instead concentrating on alchemy, which was a frightening elective to begin with. Her thoughts began to narrow to simple the subject, which was always daunting to do.

"Hello I'm Sage Fawn. I've seen you around but I don't know if we've met yet." He said.

She was so engrossed that she hadn't even noticed someone approaching her. As soon as she heard him, she lifted her head up in surprise. She blinked a few times, trying to regain some sort of normalcy in her thinking and smiled politely.

"Hello" she said softly.

As he introduced himself, she realized that despite him being around her age, she knew nothing about him. She'd seen him before she supposed, but not enough for her to grasp his name.

"I'm Tess, pleasure to meet you...would you care to sit down?"

Back to top Go down
Sage Fawn
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Sage Fawn

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:15 pm

"I'm Tess, pleasure to meet you...would you care to sit down?"

"Nice to meet you Tess." Sage said and sat down. He looked back at the closed book in his hands. Sage was fairly positive his Patronus would be a Honey Badger. He didn't know why but it seemed probable. "You studying?" Sage asked and thought about a Honey Badger Patronus. He'd name it Charlie. Sage didn't know if you even can name a Patronus but he'd do it even if you're not allowed to. He figured his Honey Badger wouldn’t care. Charlie would be a pretty chill Honey Badger.  Now only if Sage could figure out how to cast a Paronus.

A Love of Books (Open) Tumblr_lk2e1nEPDV1qhdn5b
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Tess studied the boy curiously; from his height, he was designated to be around her age; he was tall, lanky, and not too graceful based on how he sat down. The book on his lap caught her attention, and from his glassy look he was pondering about something. She looked back on her book, and wondered if she should bother him. Her book was still on her lap waiting to be absorbed, but curiosity got the better of her.

His question made her jump and looked at him surprised. Had she been in her mind again for too long? It tended to happen.

"Yes, the N.E.W.T.s are coming up along with my O.W.L.s. Being my last year I cannot fathom failing at any of the subjects" she explained.

She couldn't help but add.

"And you, you're reading about patronuses?"

Back to top Go down
Sage Fawn
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Sage Fawn

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:00 pm

"And you, you're reading about patronuses?"

Tess talking pulled him away from his thoughts. "Uh yeah. I was thinking about what my Patronus would be. I hope its a Honey Badger." Sage said. He realized how random that must sound. "I like Honey Badgers." Sage said to try to avoid confusion. "I'd name him Charlie." Sage said and nearly slapped him self. He needed to stop the random comments. Gosh he's really socially awkward. Well its better then his saying nothing at all side right? Well Sage really didn’t know which is better.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Tess tilted her head as he began to talk. He talked with his hands a lot, it was almost charming the way he waved his hands around, like he couldn't keep still. The conversation began easily enough, and she found him amusing, that is until it seemed that verbal diarrhea began to spill from his lips. She wasn't used to talkative people, let alone someone that pondered some many things about something that wasn't even his decision.

Patronuses were spirit guardians, they came from the soul, the magical core of all of them. She always pondered what hers would be, and while she'd cast a the spell before, she'd never form a real animal yet.

"Charlie you say...." she trailed off.

She actually felt a bit embarrassed for him. Her cheeks flushed for him, and she herself was mortified at how her innocent question escalated that awkward conversation.

"Well...shame you can't choose what the form will be" she said shyly, "Charlie is a good name I suppose"
Back to top Go down
Sage Fawn
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Sage Fawn

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Sage could feel the awkwardness seeping into this conversation. He thought back to what his family would tell him.

"You'll never make a friend Sage."

He shook that thought out of his head and stood up. "It was nice to met you Tess. I shouldn't bother you while you're studying." Sage mumbled but kept standing by the chair. He could hear his little brother teasing him.

"Nerd! Nerd!"

All Sage ever wants is to be accepted but his family won't be doing that anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Love of Books (Open)   A Love of Books (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Love of Books (Open)
Page 1 of 1