Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)

Go down 
+2
Cassidy Young
Lucy Waters
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 8:46 am

"Yea, I'm Brooke. Nice to meet you!"

"Nice meeting you too," she grinned at her cheerfully.

"I'll go first, okay?...Are you ready?"

The Slytherin prefect took out her own wand and took a defensive stance when Brooke said she'd cast first. She was more than happy with letting the Gryffindor go first. The order didn't matter much to her at all. She nodded "Yep, I'm ready," she flicked her hair and added dramatically, in a joking way "Do your worst," though she couldn't keep the smile off her face.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Surprised that she landed the spell Louise almost lost focus but caught it just as quickly. She let the Gryffindor back down gently and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, your turn now." She shifted on her feet a little ready to defend herself. "Use a sticking charm on your skirt so you don't need to hold it up when you get flipped upside down." She offered, showing how her own skirt seemed to be glued to her legs.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:37 pm

When Alyson agreed to start Skye pulled out his wand.
"I'm ready," I hope he thought. Just say Protego. Just say Protego. It's not that hard. He silently chanted to himself. Determined to not look completely foolish and hurt himself much more, Skye prepared to hopefully not fall on his face.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Alyson watched as Skye pulled out his wand and Alyson was completely prepared to be lifted into the air by him. "Give it your best shot, just try not to drop me on my head please" Alyson didn't want anything to happen that would cause her to end up bleeding. Alyson made sure that her skirt was down so she didn't flash anyone that wasn't supposed to look down there.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Skye was surprised Alyson was going to let herself be attacked first. Hesitantly Skye held his wand up, and he sent the curse. It did...nothing, it barely even showed. Skye smiled apologetically, and tried again. It took a grand total of, sadly, four tries to even get it to start hard enough to look like it would do anything.
"Sorry," Skye said softly, "I'm not very good," He held out his hands in a surrender motion.

"You can try now if you want," realizing how nice she actually was, Skye felt a lot better, and more confident to not die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm

As Jake watched everyone partner off, it was plain to see some people were a little apprehensive about the spell. He knew why, it was difficult to keep concentration for long enough to not hurt your partner, but with the cushioned floor, no one was going to get hurt. The first partnership to test the spell was Louise and Cassidy, and Josh moved to the two girls as Louise gently put the Gryffindor down.

"Very good wand work, Louise, you kept control, even if just in time. Cassidy, a nice try at the block, you almost had it. Louise have a go, see if you can block, then if you've got time, let Cassidy have a second attempt. You've got plenty of time, and I don't expect miracles the first time!" Jake encouraged, moving towards the trio.

"Sorry," Skye said softly, "I'm not very good,"

"You were great, Skye!" Jake encouraged the young Hufflepuff. "In fact, so great, you made Alyson forget she was supposed to try and block you!" He added, giving the boy a conspiring wink. "Alyson, if you could have a go at trying to get Skye now, Skye, I want you to try and block it, okay?" Jake asked, giving the boy an encouraging smile. Alyson had always been a good addition to his classes, and the Quidditch star doubted today would be any different.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:01 am

"Sorry, your turn now... Use a sticking charm on your skirt so you don't need to hold it up when you get flipped upside down."

"That's actually a really good idea. I don't know how I didn't think of that," she said. She used a sticking charm and her skirt clung to her legs "Thanks," she smiled. She waited until the Slytherin was fully ready before she aimed her wand at her "Levicorpus," she cast at her.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:10 am

Louise smiled and nodded to the girl and prepared herself to be flipped upside down, thinking that the gryffindor could use some encouragement. She grinned as her world view was flipped around and, with skirt firmly in place, she swung side to side. "Excellent!" She giggled and was trying to right herself up, seeing if it was possible to do so while the spell was still in force.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Alyson completely forgot to block it and she was a complete idiot that she forgot. "Sorry" she apologized to Jake. She looked to Skye and pointed her wand at him and performed the curse. She watched as the curse went towards him, she was hoping he blocked in time before it hit him. She already screwed up, she didn't want the young boy to as well.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:45 am

Skye saw the Gryffindor raise her wand and panicked, he cast the shield spell, but didn't trust it to hold or even form correctly, so he simply dropped to the found covered his he's and morphed to the smallest form he could think of.... At least the spell missed him, he thought as he peeked up at all the people above him.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:51 am

"Excellent!"

Cassidy grinned at the girl as she was trying to turn upright while still under the spell. She kept concentrating, holding the girl up in the air, not too hight, nor too low. She didn't want her to get hurt if she were to accidentally drop her. That would be terrible "Okay, do you want me to put you down now?" she asked her.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:39 pm

"Yeah ok. I don't think I have the core strength to pull myself up, I wonder if this spell could be used in lieu of exercise equipment? Doing vertical sit ups?" She grinned, then once let down, put herself upright and back to her fighting stance. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2014 4:19 am

"Yeah ok. I don't think I have the core strength to pull myself up, I wonder if this spell could be used in lieu of exercise equipment? Doing vertical sit ups?...Ready?"

Cassidy chuckled at this "I suppose it could be, but you'd need to to have someone willing to stand there and cast it for your whole workout. And keep it steady as well," she said. She let down the witch and readied herself again "Yep, ready," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2014 7:08 am

"Well that opens up jobs for personal trainers don't you think?" Lou grinned and cast the spell again, making sure she held it steady and maybe allowing some time for Cassidy to block. "Aside from Quidditch what sports do Wizards and Witches get into? I don't think I've heared of any, like no Wizard basketball or football teams."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2014 8:15 am

Brooke nodded. Giving the girl another second to prepare herself, she recalled what they were taught to do. Flicking her wand upwards as was the required movements and pronouncing “Levicorpus,” clearly, she waited for the green light that indicated she did the spell right, but none came. Frowning slightly, she tried again, saying the spell more firmly. This time, she watched the green light shoot out from the tip of her wand and towards the girl. Relaxing, she waited for the spell to do it’s job.

((OOC: So super duper sorry for the late reply, Maddie. And sorry for holding up your class, Jake! Real life is crazy atm. :S))
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:55 am

"Well that opens up jobs for personal trainers don't you think?... Aside from Quidditch what sports do Wizards and Witches get into? I don't think I've heared of any, like no Wizard basketball or football teams."

"Yeah, suppose it would be a good job opportunity," Cass smiled and readied herself as she cast the spell. With concentration, she was able to block it effectively this time. She grinned, proud of herself "It'd be very interesting to see how wizards would play basketball or football though," she added.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:05 am

Lucy waited as the girl readied herself to cast the spell. She was quite patient. The first time, the spell didn't work "It's okay," Lucy said "You can do it," she encouraged kindly. The second time, however, the girl got it. Lucy didn't try to block it. The spell hit and she was lifted by her ankle upside down. "Good," she smiled "Now let me down so I can have my turn." she said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:22 am

Brooke watched in fascination as the spell took hold and Lucy was hung in the air by an invisible force. It ever ceased to amaze her when she learnt a new spell, and it always made her think of muggles, wondering how they managed to survive without magic.

"Now let me down so I can have my turn."

Nodding, she gently lowered the Slytherin girl onto the floor, making sure not to hurt her. She waited for Lucy to get herself ready and then smiled at her. "Okay, your turn!" Preparing herself for the experience, she watched for Lucy's spell.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:37 am

Louise was grinning as Cassidy blocked the spell and then prepared herself to defend against the gryffindor. "If they're interested in playing a sport that doesn't use magic that it." She thought for a moment then giggled. "What about tennis? Only using spells to keep the ball from hitting the floor on their side of the net." Perhaps it was worth looking into she thought but brought her attention back to the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:50 am

"Okay, your turn!"

Lucy grinned and aimed at the witch, murmuring the spell under her breath. The first time, it didn't work. Focussing a little more, and giving it more concentration, she said in a louder, clearer voice "Levicorpus," and waited for the spell to hit Brooke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:59 am

Once Lucy casted the spell, Brooke tensed slightly, not knowing how it would feel. The spell hit her directly in her stomach and she felt something grabbing at the ankles, hoisting her up in the air. She suddenly found herself looking at everything upside down, dangling with her head inches from the floor.

"This is weird," she muttered, not daring to fully open her mouth. It didn't hurt, but it wasn't the most comfortable position. "Can you put me down now?" she asked the Slytherin girl, giving her a smile, which she almost immediately realized would appear as a frown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:16 am

As the final group completed the task, Jake smiled to himself. "Okay everyone, well done today!" Jake called above the noise of the classroom as the final Gryffindor was put back on to her feet. "That will be all for today, everyone has done really well! Points will be awarded in due course, so keep your eye open for that!"

Flicking his wand towards the door, watching it open, Jake smiled to the class. "Homework is to read up on everything you've covered over the years at school, because you will need to know all spells for next lesson's surprise!" Jake told the class, before waving them from the classroom. "Have a good week!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2