Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)

Go down 
+2
Cassidy Young
Lucy Waters
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) Empty
PostSubject: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:58 am

The idea of taking over Professor Finn had been presented to Jake in a letter from both schools. Apparently they deemed him capable of teaching the lesson and Jake had been more than willing to accept the role. It had been Azalea who'd helpfully pointed out that he simply wouldn't been able to juggle four days of teaching on top of his Quidditch career, so Jake had had to make a big decision on what he wanted to do.

And the answer came to him almost a moment later.

Defence Against the Dark Arts had been so much more fun to learn about, so he'd written back to the schools, asking them to transfer his job choice. Which left Jake ready for his lessons in Defence at the beginning of the year.

Nervous didn't cut it as Jake fiddled with his tie as he waited for the students to arrive. This was a big step up, but like Azalea kept telling him, he could do it. Continuing with Professor Finn's ideas, there were no tables or chairs in the classroom save his own, plenty of space to practice.

Now to simply wait for the lesson ahead of him.

Behind him on the board featured his semi legible handwriting, stating the words "Levicorpus."

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:12 am

Defence Against the Dark Arts was Brooke's second favourite class, after Charms, and she was beyond excited to start lessons. Walking into the classroom, she was surprised to find Jake was there. Moving towards the front of the room, she smiled at him. "Afternoon! Are you subbing again?"

She saw the word written on the board, her smile grew wider. What an interesting spell, she thought. She had read about it before and was excited for class to begin.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:49 am

Upon entering the classroom, Lucy first noted that it was exactly the same as it had been last year. The second thing she noted was that, instead of Professor Finn, Jake Newbury was there. The third being that the spell they were learning today was 'Levicorpus', which would be very interesting indeed.

"Oh, hello Jake. Where's Professor Finn?" she asked as she dropped her back down at the back and made her way across the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 9:14 am

The holidays had done Cassidy the world of good, and she was back to her usual, cheery self. She felt a long missed and greatly welcomed skip in her step again, a smile on her face, and her energy. Cassidy Young was back.

She entered the classroom, and grinned when she saw it was Jake. She was slightly confused as to why Professor Finn wasn't there, but didn't inquire as to why. All she knew was that she felt so much better, and she was grateful to be able to take the class "Hey Jake," she said, tossing her book bag to the floor and more than ready to learn.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:01 am

Louise followed the rest of the class inside the DADA room and for a moment thought she'd walked into the wrong class, She vaguely remembered the last instructor had been called Professor Finn, but Professor Newbury was here instead. Had she missed something? She checked the board, it looked about right for the class so she said nothing but a hello before standing to one side of the room, placing her bag down and out of the way and folding her hands in front of herself, looking polity interested in what was going on but really wanted to get the lesson going. She looked at the spell on the board again and took her wand from her sleeve and subtly casting a sticking charm on her skirt so not all would be bared when it was her turn to be hoisted up in the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:36 am

"Afternoon! Are you subbing again?"

"Good afternoon, Brooke! I'm not subbing, no, this is my new role for the year. I hope I can be as good as Professor Finn." Jake replied, knowing that the Headmaster had likely said something at the feast, though Jake hadn't been able to attend it.

"Oh, hello Jake. Where's Professor Finn?"

"She isn't teaching any longer, being a Headmistress comes first. So you have me for the year." Jake replied, feeling a little relieved that these students had remembered that he preferred not to be called 'professor'. A couple more familiar faces entered, and Jake smiled to both of them warmly. "Good afternoon, Louise, Cassidy!"

"Right, I believe this is everyone for today, so lets begin. Today's class will be on Levicorpus which I believe you have studied in Charms recently. Now, I'm sure you know the application of the spell, but let us refresh, who can tell me the uses of Levicorpus?" Jake asked, looking between the girls to see who would answer him first.

Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:02 am

Skye slipped into class just before the professor asked a question. Skye's cheek bone was starting to bruise and his knee hurt real bad from where he fell on the stone step. He had been pushed and punched, and now he had to sit through class. Seeing Brooke in his class brightened Skye's day a little, but it still hurt to move.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:53 am

"She isn't teaching any longer, being a Headmistress comes first. So you have me for the year."

"Ah, right. Cool," Lucy replied and grinned at him.

"Right, I believe this is everyone for today, so lets begin. Today's class will be on Levicorpus which I believe you have studied in Charms recently. Now, I'm sure you know the application of the spell, but let us refresh, who can tell me the uses of Levicorpus?"

"Oh, I know this one," Lucy piped up and cleared her throat "It's used to dangle people by their ankles, upside down. Usually during duelling. I guess it's sort of like the wizarding version of some big, tough muggle bully shaking a kid for their money. Except it takes less effort. It's good because it's great at disarming people. And then you can drop them and hurt them pretty badly if you can get them high," she realised she was rambling a bit and cut herself off.
Back to top Go down
Stacy Mistle
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Stacy Mistle

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:36 am

Stacy walked into the classroom before Jake did start with lesson, it was just few seconds before she asked the question. She did took a seat a fast. She didn't wanna draw much attention to herself right now. She listened what that one girl said and nodded quietly. She waited now what will happen next here.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:00 pm

"It's a varient of mobicorpus in that it will move a body, but where as mobi means to move a whole body levelly, levi just means to lift and usually it's by the ankle." Louise added to Lucy's explanation of the spell and what it did. She looked at Jake hoping she had gotten it right, she wasn't an expert in spell translations but it helped to know what they meant to understand the spell as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Alyson had forgotten her DADA book and knew she'd get in trouble for being late. The blonde ran to the classroom as fast as she could go. The Gryffindor saw the classroom up ahead and could practically hear the voices. 'God I'm screwed' she thought to herself. Alyson got to the classroom and walked in. "Sorry I'm late" she apologized to Jake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:23 am

Although she had planned on staying in the front row, when Skye walked in and sat down, she instantly saw something was wrong. Quickly picking up her bag, she moved to where he was.

"What happened?" she whispered, seeing as Jake had started class. "Actually, no, it's obvious what happened. Who did it?" she corrected herself. She was a prefect now, and although she didn't want to use her position to get anyone into trouble, she couldn't stand back and let her friend get bullied. It went against everything her parents taught her if she turned a blind eye to someone in need, especially seeing as it was someone as nice as Skye.

As the others offered their answers, she ran through her knowledge of the spell and added her own two cents. "If I'm not mistaken, it was created by Severus Snape when he was in school, under the name 'Half-Blood-Prince'." She had heard about his role in the War from her parents as well as some of the spells he had created.

Last edited by Brooke Walters on Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:18 am

Skye smiled when Brooke moved by him, he looked at her an whispered back.
"I don't know who they are," debating weather he should say or not, Skye hesitantly added, "they did this last year too. They hide their house patches and I've never seen them in class before..."

Getting a better look at Brooke Skye's smile widened,
"I love your new look!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:36 am

As Skye entered the room, Jake noticed the bruises on the boy and frowned slightly at the information. Perhaps he should say something to Skye's Head of House? Jake wasn't sure, he'd never been too good at talking through problems, but if Skye needed, he could always come to him for help. Tucking the information away, Jake watched Brooke move to sit next to the Hufflepuff. A conversation ensuing, but Jake decided to ignore it, they would miss out if they kept it up, and that was their problem.

Lucy's answer came a moment later, pulling Jake's attention back to the class, and soon after, Louise Grey passed on another answer which he nodded in agreement. "Very good, both of you. Five points each for Slytherin."

"Sorry I'm late"

"That's okay, Alyson, try not to make a habit of it though." Jake replied, not being stern because he knew the Gryffindor was a good kid. Next was an answer from Brooke, which Jake nodded at to show he'd heard. "It was indeed created by the Half Blood Prince, or Severus Snape, five points for Gryffindor.

"Today, we are going to use Levicorpus under duelling conditions. You will be allowed to use two spells and two spells only, Levicorpus and Protego. The groups are as follows: Brooke, you'll be with Lucy. Cassidy and Louise. Skye, Alison and Stacy. If you can each try to land the spell on your partners in a duelling manner, we'll see who can manage it the best. A cushioning charm has been placed on the floor, so none of you will get hurt. If there aren't any questions, please begin."

Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:28 pm

When Jake told her not to make a habit out of it, the blonde could only nod. She didn't mean to be late but she was and now she was going to make up for it. When Jake gave them their pairs, Alyson walked over to the younger girl. Stacy. "Hi I'm Alyson, shall we get started?" Alyson waited for her. The blonde didn't want to be rude or disrespectful, it wasn't how she was raised and it never would be how she'd turn out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:28 am

As Skye spoke, Brooke frowned even more. This was not right and she wondered what she could do to help. Needing more time to figure out what she could do - and if she should do anything at all - she said, "Can we meet up later? I don't want to distract you or anyone from the lesson but I do want to talk to you a bit more."

When Jake started to hand out the instructions, Brooke turned her attention back to him. Although she knew helping friends and those in need were much more important things than studying and getting As, she also knew there was nothing she could do at this point of time. After he assigned her Lucy as a partner, she gave Skye a quick smile. "See you later!"

She moved towards the Slytherin girl. "Hey! So, do you want to go first or what?"
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:14 am

Skye nodded at Brooke,
"Yeah! Maybe by the lake later on today?" He wanted to see her, he definitely missed his friend.

Hearing the instructions Skye looked around for his partners. He noticed one girl ask the other, Stacy. That must be his partners.
"Hi," he said as he came over, "so how do you want to do this?" He said gesturing between the three of them. Secretly, Skye hoped to not have to do too much, he didn't want to fall, weather or not the floor was padded.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Louise moved towards the Gryffindor and smiled a little, not wanting to start any sort of animosity between herself and her partner for the lesson. "Would you like to defend or attack first?" She asked the older Gryffindor, spinning her wand in her right hand ready to give this lesson a very good go.
Back to top Go down
Stacy Mistle
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Stacy Mistle

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Stacy nodded on all that what Jake told them to do now. "Oh, Hey, Alyson," she said when one girl came to her and introduced herself. "Oh, hey Skye too," she said when the boy came to them. "And I'm Stacy," she said her name too. When Skye asked how they do it then she thought for awhile. "I'm not really sure. I guess we have do it in some kind of order or so?" she asked then something. It sounded like the best idea right now. "Does any of you have any better idea or how we should do this order?"
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:25 am

"Hey! So, do you want to go first or what?"

Lucy looked over to the girl that had approached her "Hey, Brooke yeah? I can go first if you want," she replied. She'd be happy to go first, she enjoyed very much casting spells. "Or if you prefer, you can go first. I'm up for anything," she added and shrugged a little. It didn't bother her either way.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Alyson smiled at both of her partners, they both seemed nice and she didn't have any sort of problem working with either one of them for this assignment. Alyson thought about it for a moment before she just decided what should be done. "If you both are feeling uncomfortable, I can do it first" Alyson suggested to her partners. The Gryffindor had no problem in taking one for the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:15 pm

"Hey, Brooke yeah? I can go first if you want. Or if you prefer, you can go first. I'm up for anything."

She nodded. "Yea, I'm Brooke. Nice to meet you!" She paused and continued. "I'll go first, okay?" Taking out her wand, she took a few steps back and pointed it at Lucy.

Of course, she wanted to be fair, and so she didn't say the spell just yet, waiting for the Slytherin to remove her own wand and get ready. Brooke had never tried the levicorpus spell before, although she had read about it and was quite excited to try it out in the safety of a classroom. Smiling at the girl, she asked, "Are you ready?"
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:19 am

"Would you like to defend or attack first?"

Cassidy wasn't bothered with either. She smiled back at the younger Slytherin "If you have a preference, feel free to say. Nothing bothers me really, I suppose I'll defend first, if that's alright?" she replied politely, taking out her wand. She always preferred defending first.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:32 am

"Alright." Louise took up a semi defensive, semi attack stance and held her wand in front of her and paused for several seconds before calling out the spell. Having used it on Josh in Charms she was pretty confident with how to use it, not that she intended to hurt but she'd be happy to get past a shield spell.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 7:34 am

She waited as the younger Slytherin readied herself before she called out the spell and cast it at her. She went to block it, but unfortunately, she was a bit slow. The spell hit her and she was hoisted up by her ankle. She gave a yelp of surprise and held onto her skirt to stop it from falling down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5) Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4 & 5)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next