Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) Empty
PostSubject: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:04 am

The idea of taking over Professor Finn had been presented to Jake in a letter from both schools. Apparently they deemed him capable of teaching the lesson and Jake had been more than willing to accept the role. It had been Azalea who'd helpfully pointed out that he simply wouldn't been able to juggle four days of teaching on top of his Quidditch career, so Jake had had to make a big decision on what he wanted to do.

And the answer came to him almost a moment later.

Defence Against the Dark Arts had been so much more fun to learn about, so he'd written back to the schools, asking them to transfer his job choice. Which left Jake ready for his lessons in Defence at the beginning of the year.

Nervous didn't cut it as Jake fiddled with his tie as he waited for the students to arrive. This was a big step up, but like Azalea kept telling him, he could do it. Continuing with Professor Finn's ideas, there were no tables or chairs in the classroom save his own, plenty of space to practice.

Now to simply wait for the lesson ahead of him.

Behind him on the board featured his semi legible handwriting, stating the word "Boggarts".

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:37 am

Being Jake's sister, Victoria had heard the news before anyone else about the change in Defence Against the Dark Arts. It was a shame really, that Professor Finn had decided to stop teaching, but Victoria understood that the witch had other responsibilities to take care of.

However, this did not deter Victoria, as she happily skipped down the halls to her first Defence lesson of the year. Opening the door, Victoria gave Jake a warm smile and a small wave, placing her bag at the side of the room before taking a look at the board. Typical Jake, not being competent in writing neatly even when he needed to, the witch thought fondly.

"Good choice, J- Professor!" Victoria acknowledged the subject, definitely highly excited for everything that they would be learning today.
Back to top Go down
Callum Hunt
Nightshade Sixth Year
Nightshade Sixth Year
Callum Hunt

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:48 am

Callum generally enjoyed Defence Against the Dark Arts. He found the practical lessons amusing, and certainly useful, given the current circumstances. He'd heard that Professor Finn was no longer teaching, and that the new teacher would be Professor Newbury, who he knew (not personally) due to quidditch.

He was pleased to see, when he entered the classroom, that he had kept Professor Finn's layout of no desks or chairs, which meant that there'd definitely a lot of spell work, his favourite.

"Hello Sir, I'm Callum," he introduced himself, giving a polite nod of his head as he made his way, with an air of confidence, across the spacious classroom, "Victoria," he added, acknowledging the witch who was there before him. He looked over to the board, noting the subject for today "Boggarts? Wicked," a smile touched his lips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:17 am

Walking into the first class of the day, Janique was happy to see Callum was already there. They had written the rest of the summer, and she had made excuses to not meet up with him, her strategy being to make him want her more.

"Callum!" she called out, her voice excited. "How have you been?" Quickly making her way over, she gave him a huge hug, and when she felt him hug her back, knew that her strategy had worked. She parted almost immediately, so that the hug had only lasted less than a second.

Noticing that the other student present was Victoria, Janique turned to her. "Victoria! How nice to see you again."

Realizing she had forgotten to greet Jake, she then faced the front of the class. "Morning, Professor," she said politely. Had Victoria passed on her message as she had said she would? Janique certainly hoped so. If Jake had heard of her and said as much, that would certainly give her some points in Callum's eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:30 am

"Good choice, J- Professor!"

"Good morning, Victoria!" Jake replied to his little sister, giving her a warm smile at the entrance as well as her slight mistake. Upon being told he'd made a good choice on the lesson today, he was glad that someone felt that way, it gave him a little more confidence in the activities of the day to be going on with.

"Hello Sir, I'm Callum,"

"Nice to meet you, Callum. Welcome to class, I hope you enjoy it." Jake acknowledge the boy before him, taking in the girl that followed him in to the class and pulled him in to a hug. Jake was a little unsure on the whole rulings of such thing in class, though he was pretty sure most professors wouldn't allow it...

"Morning, Professor,"

"Good morning, Janique." Jake replied, looking towards the door to see if anyone else was coming. "Well, we'll make a start, if anybody else wishes to join us, they can do so. As you may have noted from the board that today's lesson is about Boggarts. How about one of you gives me a description of a boggart, someone give me the spell we need to learn, and the third person give me the one main defence against a Boggart? Just one answer each, please."

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:13 am

"Victoria,"

"Hi Callum!" The Wormwood replied, smiling warmly up at the Nightshade before she noted Janique, who spoke just before Victoria could in greeting. The Wormwood gave her friend a small wave and a soft hello before Jake began the class.

"How about one of you gives me a description of a boggart, someone give me the spell we need to learn, and the third person give me the one main defence against a Boggart? Just one answer each, please."

"A Boggart has no set description, for it takes on the appearance of the thing you are most afraid of." Victoria supplied, she didn't much like short answers, but Jake had limited them to one answer each. Though she could understand why he would do such things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySat May 03, 2014 8:42 am

"How about one of you gives me a description of a boggart, someone give me the spell we need to learn, and the third person give me the one main defence against a Boggart? Just one answer each, please."

Turning her attention away from Callum and facing the front, Janique waited for Victoria to answer before giving her own. "Laughter, Professor. A boggart cannot be defeated by the spell itself, but rather the laughter the spell causes. This is because a boggart is meant to bring fear and not a sense of humour to a person."

She had seen a boggart before in her house a year ago, and she shuddered at the thought. Luckily for her, her mother had been nearby and had quickly taken care of it. If they were going to be facing a real one today, she honestly wasn't sure if she could handle it.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:33 am

Isabelle had made it just in the nick of time, it seemed, to her Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Apparently, when there were students bustling through the halls that she needed to go down, skipping wasn't really the most efficient means of getting around. Still, she had arrived, and that was good enough for her. The layout of the room confused her a little; no desks and no chairs, though she assumed that made it easier for practical work.

Introducing herself softly, the girl resumed her place in amongst the rest of the students and listened to the question. The description was taken by a girl from her own house, which brough a smile to Isabelle's face, and the defense was said by another girl in a Nightshade uniform. "Riddikulus," the brunette answered, smiling proudly to herself at having answered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:40 am

"A Boggart has no set description, for it takes on the appearance of the thing you are most afraid of."

"Correct, Victoria! Five points for you!" Jake replied happily.

"Laughter, Professor. A boggart cannot be defeated by the spell itself, but rather the laughter the spell causes. This is because a boggart is meant to bring fear and not a sense of humour to a person."

"Again, correct, Janique, five points for you too! Laughter is indeed the only way we can defeat a Boggart." Jake nodded, looking to Callum for the last answer. But just as he did, the door opened, admitting another Wormwood girl.

"Riddikulus,"

"Absolutely correct, Isabelle. Welcome to class too." Jake congratulated. "And don't forget your give points!" He added, glad to see his students were on their toes for this lesson, making his job so much easier. "So, as we know precisely how we need to defeat a Boggart, this should be easy, right?" Jake asked, looking around them with a knowing smile. "However, laughter is sometimes difficult when you face your worst fears, and of course, you need to know what your biggest fear is."

Moving through the thicket of students, Jake pulled their attention to the wardrobe which began to rattle as he moved closer. "Today, you will have a go at trying to defeat a Boggart. Nobody in this room is alone in their work as we will each be working together. And please remember, nothing in this classroom will ever hurt you." The professor explained, looking between each of them to make sure they understood that point. "Now, I will show you how this works, and then you can each have a go at protecting yourself from the creature."

With that said, Jake turned his attention to the wardrobe, taking a moment to steal himself. He was pretty sure he knew who the Boggart would take the form of from his studies. So now was not the time to look at her. Slipping his wand from his pocket, Jake held it firmly in his left hand, opening the wardrobe and waiting for the creature to come out. It took a few moments, but eventually the shape of a woman appeared.

But not the woman he'd been expecting.

Before the class stood Azalea Harrington, a deathly glare on her face as she looked to Jake, and a suitcase in her hand. The evidence she was leaving was quite clear and Jake was surprised to see such a thing before him. But the boy quickly shook his head, performing the wand movement, and very confidently stating the word "Riddikulus!" No light erupted from his wand, but the sound of a whip snapping did. The Boggart paused in it's stride, shifting shape in to a rocking horse that couldn't move anywhere except rock. The monologue about leaving became funny as it took on a childish voice. Jake let out a soft laugh and not a moment later, the boggart had retreated to the wardrobe.

"Now... who would like to go first?" Jake asked, turning to the class and looking for a volunteer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:42 am

She smiled at the five points she had gained for her house. Her face fell, however, when Jake began to talk about actually facing one.

"Now, I will show you how this works, and then you can each have a go at protecting yourself from the creature."

Watching silently, she noted with some curiosity their Herbology Professor appear, with a suitcase in her hands. She could read the expression on Azalea's face all too well, knowing instantly that this was a break-up - Janique herself had used the same look on one of her games after spending a night at his place. That would mean that they were dating, she realized, amazed at this fact. How very interesting. She wondered what the boggart would say as Azalea, but before it had a chance to speak, Jake had turned it into a rocking horse, and it had soon disappeared back into the wardrobe.

"Now... who would like to go first?"

Knowing that there were only four students currently in class, Janique's mind ran at top speed, trying to figure a way out of this. She knew exactly what her worst fear was: a game finding out they were a game. In this case, Callum. And said person was seated next to her. If the boggart took his shape, and if she couldn't get rid of it fast enough (and she didn't think she could) the real Callum would quickly find out her true intentions, and the entirety of her plans would be spoilt. There was no way she was going to let that happen, not after all the work she had put in.

A plan formulated itself and soon she knew exactly what she had to do. Thinking of a sad scene in a book, she let a few tears form in her eyes before she turned to face their Professor. "Jake," she said softly. "I... This... I mean..." she paused and let one of the tears leak slowly out and trickle down her cheek. "I can't..."

Taking a deep breath and quickly wiping at her eyes, she straightened. "I don't think I can do this." To add effect to this performance, she dropped her voice to a hoarse whisper. "Please, please don't make me."

She glanced at Callum and then back to their Professor. "But if I have to," she continued, louder, her voice quivering slightly, "I will." Taking out her wand, she gripped it firmly, as she took a step forward. Her entire plan counted on the fact that Callum, like all other boys, wanted to be seen as a protector, a knight-in-shining-armour for needy girls. If he didn't, she had a backup plan involving lots of tears and running out of class. It would not be pretty, and she did not want to have to resolve to that.
Back to top Go down
Callum Hunt
Nightshade Sixth Year
Nightshade Sixth Year
Callum Hunt

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:31 am

"How have you been?"

Jani was taking DADA. Perfect! He hugged her back when she hugged him "I've been pretty good, yourself?" he asked her, grinning. She pulled back too quickly though, and Callum supposed that perhaps she waan't exactly comfortable with public displays of affection. Not to worry though, he understood.

"Nice to meet you, Callum. Welcome to class, I hope you enjoy it."

"Good to meet you too, Sir," Callum replied "I'm sure I'll definitely enjoy it,"

"Hi Callum!"

"Hey Victoria," he smiled a little "Good holiday?" he asked her politely.

He listened as the class started. The lesson was about boggarts. Callum found them frustrating, because he would never, ever know their true form, and he was really, really curious for it. He heard Victoria, then Janique, and then Isabelle put forth their answers, and then have Jake explain and give a demonstration as to what to do. He saw that Jake's worst fear seemed to be his Herbology teacher leaving him. Understandable, she was probably the nicest teacher he'd had. And then, when he cast the spell, it turned into a rocking horse. Callum let out a small chuckle at it.

Jake then asked for volunteers, and he heard Janique begin to speak, without her usual confidence. She had even begun to cry a little. Callum was, not shocked, just sort of surprised. Because he couldn't fathom Janique ever having a fear so strong that she wouldn't be able to face a boggart.

"I don't think I can do this...Please, please don't make me." the last part, she whispered. He hated to see her like this, so different, she was almost foreign. He just hadn't seen her so vulnerable before.

"But if I have to," she continued, louder, her voice quivering slightly, "I will."

"Jani," Callum placed a hand on her shoulder "You don't have to if you don't want to," he looked to Jake "Right? I mean you can't force her. Fear's a personal thing,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:06 am

Jake watched the fiasco with Janique with little interest. Drama he had never been one for playing up to, and this girl... Well, she was just causing drama for the fun of it. If she hadn't wanted to have a go there was no need for all the water works and false acts of bravery.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," he looked to Jake "Right? I mean you can't force her. Fear's a personal thing,"

"If Janique doesn't wish to participate, she can leave." Jake replied, showing he had little tolerance for her display. "So who would like to give this a go?" Jake asked, looking between everyone else because he simply didn't have the patience to deal with anything else right now.

Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:15 am

Isabelle smiled proudly to herself at the awarding of house points to her name and stood taller than before, listening intently to their professor's instruction. She watched him face his boggart oh-so bravely, and couldn't help but feel her heart melt at just how cute it was that his biggest fear was someone evidently very close to him leaving. I hope I can feel that way about someone some day she thought.

But the scene that one of her classmates put on for the group was a little bewildering, to say the least. Of course, her empathic powers allowed her to feel that there was genuine fear in the other girl's body but it didn't feel the way that it was being let on; fear of facing a boggart as opposed to a fear of facing fear. She silently giggled at this, the feeble attempt to get out of the lesson was amusing even though it shouldn't have been, and she instantly shushed herself, feeling slightly remorseful at the involuntary show of the amused emotion.

"I'll go, Professor Newbury," she volunteered herself, stepping forward slightly from the rest of the group and holidng her wand out before her. Isabelle didn't really know what her fears were, yet. Well, there was being disliked, but she wasn't sure that it counted for much. She thought of the happiest thought she could; that she was a survivor; and then nodded for Jake to open the wardrobe.

The boggart made a noise like wind attacking from all directions, and took shape after a matter of seconds. Before her, Isabelle saw a figure lying on a hospital bed, a mess of brown hair around their head and a machine at her side not making any noise. She closed her eyes to get away from the dying figure, and when she re-opened them she realised exactly who it was.

Herself.

Isabelle Dimonté was afraid of dying.

She reminded herself that she was a survivor and that she was not going to die any time soon, saying "Riddikulus!" a little louder than was necessary and doing Jake's wand action. The whipping noise that she heard was soon followed by the boggart changing. The pretend-Isabelle stood and transformed into a skeleton wearing a top hat and a monocle and the odd creature started to dance around merrily before her. She giggled at the sight, lowering her wand. "Did I do it right?" she asked through her giggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:55 pm

"I'll go, Professor Newbury,"

As the youngest student stepped forward, Jake couldn't help but feel proud of her. This was a big step for the child, but Jake was confident in the girl's abilities. As the wardrobe opened, Jake had enough time to ponder over what the child might deem her biggest fear, but he didn't have to wait long to find out.

A corpse lay before them, and from Jake's vantage point he could see why, Isabelle's form made up the corpse and Jake could feel a cold shudder run down his spine at the idea.

But no sooner had the spell moved in to motion, Isabelle had seen off the Boggart with confidence that exceeded her age. "Great work, Isabelle! Very, very good!" Jake enthused, giving the girl a clap. "Please take ten points for Wormwood for such a great display." The young man awarded, looking to Callum and then Victoria.

"How about you first, Callum?" Jake asked, looking to the boy to see if he wanted to give it a go.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:32 am

The Headmistress was usually cool about latecomers, it was one of her redeeming qualities as far as Jackson was concerned. Her other two redeeming qualities were also very very... redeeming to the boy.

But this wasn't the headmistress' class anymore and the new teacher was twice cursed as the Princess' big brother and Miss Azalea's lobster. Jackson had really tried to be on time for this class, but the best laid plans of mice and men...

And he had to remind himself never to say that out loud. After all, the boy had a reputation, and it suited a bar more than a library.

Walking into class in his usual silent fashion, the boy nodded in the dual meaning of a greeting and an apology. It didn't take long to understand what they were doing and though Jackson wasn't entirely sure what a Boggart was, he knew you had to make it funny.

Or close enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:26 pm

As the door opened, Jake looked to see who had come in. Another Nightshade, it seemed. The boy was given a warm smile, despite his lateness and lack of manners. "Finally get up, Jackson?" Jake asked, amused at his own joke. "Perhaps you could give it a shot? Everyone else seems to have come over with stage fright. Do you know much about Boggarts, Jackson?"

"Or perhaps Victoria should go first?" Jake asked, looking between the two of them for a reply.

Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:17 pm

"Finally get up, Jackson?"

"What can i say Sir, some mornings are harder than others," Jackson joked right back. If that's how the teacher wanted to play, the Nightshade didn't mind. There could ever be enough euphemism for the male condition.

When invited to give the Boggart a go, Jackson shrugged and stepped forwards, his wand at the ready as his mind tried to catch up. A thing he feared. Could the Boggart transform into the entire Quidditch pitch scene from last term?

As Jake opened the trunk, the Nightshade tried to remember the spell. Something about being ridiculous.

And Ridiculous was exactly what came out of that trunk.

No dragons, no screaming people, no crying princess.

Instead, Jackson stood facing an empty cabinet.

This wasn't scary, something inside his mind informed him. And he understood, on some level. Too bad his body didn't seem to get the message.

Jackson broke out into a cold sweat as he gazed at the cabinet, watching its familiar glass fronted shelves. The key hung on a chain from the side but there was no point.

The cabinet was empty, would always be empty.

"R-ridiculous," Jackson tried only to realize that he had just managed the word. His arms wouldn't lift to cast the spell.

'Ri-ri-ridikulus," he tried once more but to no avail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:44 am

Victoria was about to step forwards to have a go, but Jax beat her to it, so the Wormwood witch stood still, watching Jax go up with perhaps a slight hesitation. The Boggart moved from the trunk, but instead of something more... frightful, it was an empty cabinet. If the young witch hadn't been so intellectual as she was, she might have laughed at Jackson's fear of never achieving something, but she knew this was a big thing.

And Jax stood rooted to the spot.

Without a second thought, Victoria moved forwards, her wand already moving in to her hand as she moved beside Jax. The Boggart didn't have time to shift as Victoria muttered the word "Riddikulus!" watching as the Boggart turned in to a display of fireworks which brought soft laughter to her lips, and banished the Boggart back to it's trunk.

The Wormwood didn't dare to look at Jax as she moved back to her original position. She knew what it felt like, Jax would need a moment to come to terms with what he'd seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:59 am

"What can i say Sir, some mornings are harder than others,"

Jake had to contain a smirk at the comment, catching himself just in time. That, was not professional, so instead he nodded at Jackson's comment, brushing it off without a word. That was probably the best way to deal with such things.

As Jackson moved forwards, Jake watched the boy ready himself for the onslaught of the Boggart. In a couple of moments, Jake watched the younger boy's fears take shape, looking very much like something Jake expected to see from Victoria. Jackson tried to repel the Boggart, but he was struggling. Jake went to move forwards, but Victoria was quicker, sending off the Boggart in a fanfare.

"Very good, Victoria, very good. And Jackson, a good attempt, you may try again if you like, or we can let the others have a go."

Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Jackson snapped out of his state of immobility the moment the princess, appearing out of nowhere, took care of the boggart. Reflexively the Nightshade's hand reached for his back pocket, looking furtively at the professor. Would a medicinal excuse fly? Were twelve year olds too young to see him drink?

Deciding not to risk it, the boy patted the flask reassuringly, waiting for class to end so he could melt into the shadows and drink enough to forget what he had just seen.

Because it was a lie.
Back to top Go down
Callum Hunt
Nightshade Sixth Year
Nightshade Sixth Year
Callum Hunt

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 7:32 am

Callum watched as one by one, the students stepped up to to face their worst fears, turning them into humorous things. He stepped up to a boggart, his wand drawn and a smirk gracing his lips, he was ready for anything. He wasn't entirely sure his true worst fear. He'd never really bothered to delve deep enough into his subconsciousness to look where all the dirty, nasty fears lurked in the dark corners. He'd never had to until now.

And now, he was feeling a rare emotion to him, nervousness. He licked his dry lips as he waited it to transform, what form it'd take, unknown. The boggart emerged from the cupboard as a clown. Not an ordinary clown. It was disgusting, with yellow, rotting teeth, and the face paint was cracked. In it's hand was a large, sleek, silver knife, dripping with crimson blood. Its eyes had no irises, and were completely black, including what should have been the whits of the eyes. Callum didn't know what this thing stemmed from. He figured it was because its expression was hidden, or mixed. Because clearly his lips were turned into a smile, though the red paint around its mouth was downturned into a frown.

He raised his wand, swallowing nervously as it walked slowly, menacingly, towards him, raising the knife.

"R-Riddikulus" he cast at it. He managed to turn the gruesome clown into a small pug dog, grinning widely with obviously false human teeth. Callum couldn't help but laugh, but of course, that was the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:15 am

As the final student stepped forward to give the spell a go, Jake smiled to the boy encouragingly, giving him a moment to ready himself before he opened the trunk for the Nightshade. It only took a few moments to form, and Jake would not decline that he did recoil slightly, whilst not scared of clowns normally, the look of this one was not nice.

But the professor didn't have to wait long before Callum managed to reign in his fear and press the creature back in to it's bog, which snapped closed a moment later.

"Well done, Callum, a solid performance there!" Jake told the boy, giving him a brighter smile before he moved forwards. "Okay everyone, that will be it for today, I will send the house points as necessary and I hope to see you all next lesson. Make sure to read up on Boggarts, because I can almost guarantee that it'll come up in your tests this year. If there are no further questions, you're free to leave."

With that, Jake flicked his wand towards the door, which opened, allowing people to leave.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:06 am

She watched as, one by one, her classmates took their turns with the boggart, her interest spiking when Callum took his turn, adding to her existing knowledge his absolute fear of clowns. How very interesting, she thought, and it would make for interesting conversation later on. Their professor had then released class, and she purposely remained behind. As much as she had enjoyed Callum's reaction to her little outburst earlier, she knew she wasted to try the spell. After all, she didn't come to Salem for games alone; she took her studies very seriously.

Making sure everybody else had left, she removed her wand and approached the trunk. Kicking it open, she prepared herself as the boggart came drifting out, landing a few feet in front of her before taking the shape of, as she had expected, Callum.

"How dumb do you think I am?" the figure spoke, and Jani stood there, pointing her wand at it, but too drawn to its words to do anything. "I talked to Darian and the others. I know about you, Janique. I know-"

Not wanting to hear anymore she had tried the spell, but it didn't work, and she saw the figure roll its eyes. "Do you really think that will stop me?" 'Callum' took a step forward. "No more games, Janique. You lose. I will tell everyone what you are and you will never again-"

"Shut up!" she cried, her voice shrill and loud. It was just a boggart, she reminded herself. It wasn't real. She still has Callum under her thumb and he had no idea he was her game. Quickly thinking back to him standing up for her when she had pretended to be too scared to face the boggart, she took a deep breath to compose herself. Yes, Callum was right where she wanted him. "Ridikulus," she stated, more firmly, and watched the boggart twist and turn into a harmless mannequin, rocking back and forth on a spring. It brought a smirk to her lips and as she chucked to herself, it retreated back into the trunk.

Grabbing her bag, she quickly left the room, not wanting anyone to know what she had done and made her way back to her common room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:46 am

As everyone had left, Jake had turned to his desk to start on his papers when a noise announced that his idea of being alone was not quite true. Looking up, he noted the frightened witch, Janique walking up to the trunk with confidence. Confusion touched his brow at the change of heart in regards to the child.

Moving away from his desk, Jake watched the Boggart change in to the shape of one of the other students. And suddenly everything made so much more sense.

The witch dealt with his accusations quickly, and Jake made to move to the girl, but she'd already hurried out the door. Leaving Jake on his own this time, and the images of Callum Hunt accusing her of games.

How curious...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5) Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 3, 4, & 5)
Page 1 of 1