Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 am

As the younger couple took to dancing, Louis watched for a brief moment. In fairness to the younger man, he had grace despite his size, and it looked... well, it looked like they were happy.

"Why don't you join us on the dance floor? The more the merrier, and Louis is such a lovely dancer."

Looking sideways to his wife, Louis gave in to the inevitable and held his hand to the woman. Leading her up to the dance floor and taking up the usual hold. This... was the first time they'd danced together, and in that moment, it was the first time Louis had placed his hand anywhere but in Adelisa's hand. It felt like being a teenage boy again, curious with the world. But he pushed that notion away as he moved gracefully with the witch.

"The first dance we've shared." Adelisa announced, looking up at him with a warm smile. Louis managed to smile a little bit more than he already was, concentrating on the steps more than the intimacy of the situation at hand. "And graceful he most certainly is." Adelisa added, letting out a soft melody of a giggle as she looked to Marilyn and Jake.

He could see her slightly sober for a moment, before looking back up at him with a small smile, and whispering "thank you" to him. Louis wasn't sure why, but continued the dance to the end before mimicking the younger man and dipping his partner. However, Louis knew better than to kiss his wife in public, so instead gave her a little, hopeful smile before righting her once more.

"There we go, one dance." Louis told Marilyn with a soft chuckle, taking a drink from the elf that had appeared. Cognac, how nice. "You mentioned the cuffs at work, may I take a look?" Louis asked Marilyn, ignoring the soft sound of Adelisa telling him to leave work for the evening. But he ignored her, he knew of the progress Marilyn had made and wanted to see it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 1:28 pm

"You mentioned the cuffs at work, may I take a look?"

The dance over Mari smiled at Louis and nodded, "Jake, you can perhaps entertain Adelisa, we'll not be long," She kissed his cheek and squeezed his hand before smiling at Adelisa and leading Louis into the lab.

The latest prototype of the cuffs lay on the table. Glimmering in the light. "Right," Mari started, gesturing to them, "So far they are completely functional shields with a five meter diameter on both wrists, it took me a while but now I've tested them on every curse I could think of, even unforgivables. They are useless against the killing curse, but theymake crucio feel like a smart slap instead of torture and make it quite easy to resist imperio, don't ask me how I researched this," the witch smiled, "They're almost perfect, I'm just not yet 100% sure how to produce them on a larger scale."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 2:04 pm

With Jake left with his wife, Louis followed Marilyn from the lounge to her lab. Taking in the room, before the cuffs became the centre of the attention. Louis listened attentively to the information being provided, nodding intermittently to show he was listening.

"You have the plans for all of this? How you got to the stage?" Louis asked. "I can give the plans to the team of engineers and they can mass produce them. They'll be your invention, of course, but we can use the plans. And you can continue to tweak them with more people looking over them with you. Should be able to iron out the fact the Killing Curse isn't quite able to be stopped, but otherwise, I think you've done wonderfully." Louis told her, pulling her in to a side hug and pressing a soft kiss to the top of her head.

"I'm proud of you, Marilyn." He told her in nothing more than a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 2:24 pm

"I've documented every single step," Mari answered, gesturing to the stack of journals and her laptop, "Digitilized every page."

"I can give the plans to the team of engineers and they can mass produce them. They'll be your invention, of course, but we can use the plans. And you can continue to tweak them with more people looking over them with you. Should be able to iron out the fact the Killing Curse isn't quite able to be stopped, but otherwise, I think you've done wonderfully."

Mari stood with an open mouth, "R-Really? So I've, I've done it? Merlin's beard!" She exclaimed, hugging him back tightly, smiling at the kiss she recieved on her head and his words.

"I'm proud of you, Marilyn."

"Thank you,
" She whispered, feeling her heart surge with happiness and excitement, "It means a lot to hear you say that," She smiled up at him, "So before we share the happy news with the others, there was something I wanted to mention," The witch bit her lip, somewhat shy.

"You know that I love you, even though we don't really say it, that you're like a father to me. And I know you'll support me whatever I do, like with my choosing Jake, who is probably internally sweating bullets tonight, so please, please, outside of work and Uni, give him a break. He's thesweetest person in the world, nothing is more important to him than me and his family and you haven't been very open to him tonight. He's nervous because he know how much you mean to me and he doesn't want to make you cross. So please be nice, Louis?" She gave him a knowing smile, as if to say 'don't play innocent, I know you know what I'm talking about.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 2:45 pm

"R-Really? So I've, I've done it? Merlin's beard!"

"You did it." Louis assured the witch gently. She'd done amazingly, and he was immensely proud of her. She knew it too, Louis was sure of that much, because despite his judgement of distance, he simply couldn't help getting closer to Marilyn.

"So before we share the happy news with the others, there was something I wanted to mention,"

Louis raised an eyebrow at that, wondering what on earth she wanted to discuss now. But it became apparent a moment later, and a very knowing smile touched Louis' cheeks. "He's so fun to play with though." Louis joked softly before sobering. "But I won't play with him anymore. I just wanted to make sure he knew who he should be afraid of, because you might not reprimand him if he strays from the right path in this relationship, but I will. So, if he knows this, then he'll do everything properly. But I like him." Louis told her softly. "He's good at his job, he works hard, and he loves you a lot. I can see that." He replied.

"Now, go and tell the other two the good news. Tonight is a night of champagne!" Louis assured her, letting her go.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 am

"He's so fun to play with though." Louis joked softly before sobering. "But I won't play with him anymore. I just wanted to make sure he knew who he should be afraid of, because you might not reprimand him if he strays from the right path in this relationship, but I will. So, if he knows this, then he'll do everything properly. But I like him."

Mari gave him a stern look at his first remark, but couldnt hold back a fond smile, "Trust me, I won't need to reprimend him, he won't stray. But I think he's gotten your message. Now perhaps show him you like him," Mari gave the elder man a hug and smiled.

"Now, go and tell the other two the good news. Tonight is a night of champagne!"

"Yes, let's."
The rest of the evening was spent sharing the good news, toasting and talking and laughing. Mari nestled close into Jake's arms and happily enjoying the family that had somehow formed around her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)   Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinner for Four (Jari+Louis)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2