Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World War Two AU (Jari)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 2:43 pm

"You know... you're quite beautiful, I'm a lucky man."

"Thank you, I'm not exactly an unlucky woman myself,"
She replied, thanking him for handing her her shirt, letting him hold her close and cuddling into his arms. Sofia may be a professional, but she wasn't made of ice. She knew what was at stake. She knew life was too short. And the woman decided to take the comfort.

"Good night, Marilyn."

Eyes open and head buried in the crook of his neck she stared into the darkness and the uncertainty of the next day, knowing very well it could be her last. Like every night.

"Good night, Jake."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Jake had fallen asleep with a small smile on his lips, holding her close and relaxing for the first time in a very long time. But as the sun came up, reality set back in and after a small stretch, Jake had gently shook the woman beside him away. "Marilyn... time to get up." He urged her to get up, slipping out from under the blanket and cursing at the very sudden effect of moving away from the woman. Freezing, absolutely freezing.

Pulling his jumper on and then his gloves, Jake checked their rations and passed her some more of the biscuits from the day before. "If you can bring anything more interesting to eat whilst you're in there, it would be appreciated, Captain." Jake told her with a small smile. Something different would be amazing, but he knew his job was never luxurious. He could hope though.

It was half an hour later they emerged from the cave, setting up his vantage point and making sure he couldn't be targeted by incoming fire. Marilyn left all her equipment with him save her arms. "When you get to a turn, wait five seconds. I'll use that window of time to take a shot if needed. If you hear no gun shot, move on. Best I can do with no radio." He told her, hoping it would be enough to keep her safe. Looking back at her hopefully, Jake held out his hand in formality.

"Good luck, Captain. I'll see you shortly." He told her, not knowing really where last night had left them.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:30 am

After getting ready and listening to his instructions Marilyn took his hand to shake but upon seeing his eyes she pulled him in for a kiss, a knowing smirk on her face of a woman who'd walked in, and out, of the lions cave many times before.

"Good luck, Captain. I'll see you shortly.
"

"I make my own luck" She quipped, turning from him and heading off, not once looking back.

Sofia was in the zone. Getting into the building was no problem, Jake was truly a capable sniper, taking out every threat as it passed, and his system worked well. Once in the building, however, she was on her own. That was not a problem. Highly trained she took out every threat with her bare hands (and feet. And thighs.) and thus navigated via mental map to the room she was supposed to infiltrate. She proceeded with caution, gun drawn, but the occupant of the office was sat at his desk, undisturbed. Sofia was hidden by a bookshelf and only had a split second between the click of her readying gun and the moment he'd react, so she steadied her hand.

"Ich weiß, dass Sie da sind."

Marilyn closed her eyes, gritting her teeth. How? "Dann wissen Sie, was ich will. Dass ich es mir holen werde."

"Erschießen Sie mich ruhig. Ich bin nur einer von Vielen. Schlagen Sie einen Kopf ab-"

She took the shot and he fell dead to the floor. The shot was audible even outside, so she knew she had to hurry. Grabbing his bag from the desk she shoved the files into it, along with anything important she could find. The blueprints were in a small roll that she, after checking them, shoved in as well. Footsteps. From what she remembered she was on the second floor, but so was the canteen. And under the canteen there was a small shed, just high enough...

The woman ran quickly through the rooms, shooting expertly as she went. In the canteen she ran past a fruit basket and snagged some apples in passing she shoved into the bag. just as three officers burst through the door she shot the window and jumped, shattering it, and landing in a roll on the shed...and crashing through the roof.

"Mierd- ah,"
She coughed through the dust. Unable to see out the shed she opened the door, facing where Jake was, and heard a gunshot. Eyes wide she realised she hadn't been shot, but the soldier in front of her just fell at her feet. Three more shots told her he'd gotten the guys at the window, so she ran. And didn't stop until she was back at their cave where she ran straight at the Sergeant.

"What the hell, you could've shot me!"
She grabbed him by the shoulders shaking him slightly-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 am

The small kiss before she head off hadn't much helped the confusion, but it was a boost. He'd make sure she got out if it was the last thing he did - probably, realistically, the only reason she'd done it.

But Jake wasn't thinking about that as he readied his position, looking down the scope just ahead of the woman as she moved. Each time she stopped at a junction, Jake took a shot, or waited the five seconds he'd told her about, scanning the area and giving her safe clearance in to the building.

Letting out a soft sigh of relief with that done, Jake watched the building like a hawk, the coast was clear... "Come on... Come on..." He muttered as the moments ticked by, his scope moving along the building and back to the door. He couldn't see anything in the building of use.

It was in that moment the window smashed and the figure of Captain Caldwell fell from the window. No, not fell, jumped from the window and in to a shed. Just in the same moment a soldier moved towards it. Locking on, Jake pulled the trigger... but nothing happened.

"Shit." He mumbled, quickly cocking the rifle and aiming back down the scope. Pulling the trigger a moment later... Just as the door opened. Jake paused, his cross fire straight over Marilyn. But she didn't stumble, he hadn't hit her.

Moving to the window, the American took out the three men in the window and then quickly caught up with Marilyn, keeping her safe as she moved.

"What the hell, you could've shot me!"

"But I didn't." Jake replied softly. He knew he'd almost fucked up, and it was much too close. But he was not going to tell her that the shot should have been taken seconds before, before the soldier got too close. "We need to get moving." He added, trying not to think about it as he applied the safety on the rifle and took up his semi-automatic.

Pulling his bag on to his back, and set off. Trying not to worry about the shot he'd taken. "You're alive, lets move on." He insisted.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:05 pm

"But I didn't."

Marilyn shook her head, not able to understand what had happened. Jake was a crackshot and she had to be able to trust him to have her back and she could not allow for there to be any misunderstandings or doubts in his abilities.

"You're alive, lets move on."

"Don't walk away from me, Sergeant, what happened back there? You're a brilliant shot, why risk it like that? I can't have doubts when I'm putting my life in your hands,"
She grabbed his arm and pulled him to face her, not angry, just concerned and her grip not tight, just looking at him closely, ready to move just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Jake had barely taken two steps away from her before she caught hold of him, telling him with authority not to walk away from her. With a set jaw, Jake listened to the question, he wasn't mad at the woman before him, he was mad at himself. That could easily have gone wrong.

"I missed my reload. I had the shot safely away from your position and I messed up." Jake told her, biting his lip slightly. "I didn't mean to. You didn't get hurt. It won't happen again. I'm sorry." He insisted, looking down at his semi-automatic.

"Can we please press on now, Captain, we're making easy targets right now." Jake added softly. Guilt was riding through him, and he knew it was not going to go away in their three day hike to their next target, so they might as well get going now.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:01 pm

"I missed my reload. I had the shot safely away from your position and I messed up." Jake told her, biting his lip slightly. "I didn't mean to. You didn't get hurt. It won't happen again. I'm sorry."

Marilyn opened her mouth and then closed it. All she said was, "Later, you're right, let's go." And so they left. By nighttime they had set up camp in the dark woods in an alcove and were 'safe'. Far away from any people. So she turned to him and spoke softly, laying on the mat right beside his,

"I forgive you, I do. I just had to make sure you weren't trying to kill the English woman."
She gave him a half smile, "I'm sorry I doubted you, I should'nt have, I was justs spooked."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 pm

"Later, you're right, let's go."

Jake was glad she followed, and they walked in silence. Jake kept an eye on everything, and they moved on for the first stint of their hike, checking the roads were clear as they passed and working in the stealth like manner that worked with all snipers in the army.

It was almost nightfall when they agreed to camp down, and after creating something of a shelter, and hiding themselves from clear view, Jake had set their mats out close to each other, mostly because of the size of the space they'd taken, but also to make the most of the shelter from the weather that was growing colder by the day.

Jake had just finished setting his rifle to the side of him for protection and rolled on to his back under the thing blanket they were issued with when Captain Caldwell spoke.

"I forgive you, I do. I just had to make sure you weren't trying to kill the English woman."

"I'm only interested in killing German soldier, Captain." Jake assured her, hoping it would never have to be women, or even children he had to pull the trigger on because that... that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

"I'm sorry I doubted you, I shouldn't have, I was just spooked."

"It's fine. I was... doubting myself, but it really won't happen again. It's so different, shooting on your own, not having someone calling your every move. I guess I realised today how much I miss Jimmy." The American explained, shaking his head slightly. "I'm capable though, if we need to do that again you won't have any close shots like that to worry about." He told her, looking sideways at the woman beside him. At the woman he could have lost today if he hadn't been so lucky to get the shot away...

Leaning in, Jake pressed a light kiss to her lips, never rushed, just showing he was sorry and that he would do better in future. Telling her without words that she could trust him with everything, that he would protect her without failure in future.

Because war made you make stupid promises without thinking, and Jake Newbury didn't know any better.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:28 am

"It's fine. I was... doubting myself, but it really won't happen again. It's so different, shooting on your own, not having someone calling your every move. I guess I realised today how much I miss Jimmy."

Marilyn's hand carressed his face in a comforting gesture, "I'm sorry about what happened to your partner, Jake..." She murmured, looking him in the eyes somberly. Seeing him lean in for the kiss and lettng it happen, wanting it. He was so tender she knew if she didn't stop this now she'd be in over her head. That he didn't have any idea what he was promising.

But she let it happen, and later that night when they held on to each other, catching their breath, Sofia felt herself falling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 5:21 am

"I'm sorry about what happened to your partner, Jake..."

The apology was ignored as Jake pressed in to the woman, kissing her tenderly, feeling her kiss him back. And it built once again to much the same ending it had the night before. Until they led, breathing heavy in one another's arms.

Their dynamic was changing, and Jake could feel it.

But neither of them spoke, settling down to sleep after locating their clothes, curled up with one another for warmth. Because that was what Jake was telling himself. This was all for warmth and it had nothing to do with feelings.

As the next morning came around, Jake moved off to relieve himself, and when he came back he'd started a small contained fire. They had very poor rations that they could cook, so Jake was in the process of warming through some beans when he noticed Marilyn waking up.

"Morning." He told her softly, motioning to the small fire. "Breakfast is ready, so long as you don't mind sharing." He told her, he only had one spoon, but he'd happily let her eat first and then take what was left. "We'll be moving soon, this seemed the most nutritious. Better than biscuits." He explained half-heartedly, the food here wasn't great, and in comparison to how much his mum had fed him at home he'd lost a fair amount of weight. But he was still strong.

"You know, I'm hoping we'll be home by Christmas. Ma makes the best roast dinners in Minnesota. If we finish here, you should come over, if you haven't anywhere else to go." He told her, smiling to himself and completely unaware of the significance of the statement. He just wanted to share good food.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 5:50 am

Gently rousing from a deep sleep Sofia blinked a few times in confusion, disoriented. She'd had a dream of parlour rooms, perfumes and dresses. Which was a stark contrast to what she woke up to. Reality crashed like a wave of bricks and she thought for a moment that she was going to be sick, but she caught herself in time to hear Jake telling her they'd have to share breakfast.

"Breakfast is ready, so long as you don't mind sharing."

Wordlessly she grabbed her bag and tossed an apple into his lap before saying she didn't mind. As they ate she listened to him quietly.

"You know, I'm hoping we'll be home by Christmas. Ma makes the best roast dinners in Minnesota. If we finish here, you should come over, if you haven't anywhere else to go."

"I don't,"
she replied simply before looking up at him, "Have anywhere else to go, I mean. Your mother sounds lovely." Mother. Felt like a foreign concept now. Or rather, it had felt so for a long time now. Sofia was detatched from it all now. But being Marilyn was bringing her closer to humanity and that was far from good. But it was all temporary, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:39 am

"Have anywhere else to go, I mean. Your mother sounds lovely."

Jake felt... well, sorry for the woman before him as she said she didn't have anywhere to go. What did that mean, exactly? But he didn't pry in her business, simply thanking her for the apple and tucking in to it as she took the beans. Once she finished her share, Jake hungrily ate his share, washing it down with water from his canteen and passing it to her afterwards.

It took them a short while to pack up, but then they were off, taking a quick pace, but still being undeniably careful not to raise awareness to their position. They were making good time, which meant they would probably be at their target by the next morning.

The journey was quiet, both of them scanning the area until the darkness impended on their progress. Agreeing to camp down, Jake set up their area for the night. "Have you thought about it much, Marilyn?" Jake asked as he lounged on his roll mat a short while later. "What you'll do after the war, I mean." He added, looking up at her inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Before the Agent knew it the day had passed again. And the night had come, which led to her just laying down when he'd asked her a question that she'd at first not understood. thought about what? But enlightment came soon, like a tidal wave.

"What you'll do after the war, I mean."

At first her reaction was a trained 'no' but it didn't cross her lips. It shouldn't be a question what she would do. Continue to be an Agent. An assassin. That was her job, her life. Same thing. But 'Marilyn' wasn't an agent. So she had to have a life after this. What would it be like? Picket fence life? It was hard to imagine a life if you didn't have one. Past pictures flashed in her mind. What had she once wanted? Sofia couldn't recall.

"I haven't. Much. I don't really know what I want. I can't imagine ever being able to have a normal life, how do we go from this to normal? How could I ever be a mother and hold a child with hands that strangled an officer to death?"
She murmured, voicing thoughts Sofia had never dared even think. But as Marilyn she could, because it was part of the acting, right?

"Provided I survive, I guess that would be what I want. Normal. A family."
She turned to look at him, "You?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Her reply had Jake thinking... Jimmy had kept a kill count to the day he died, for what reason Jake never knew. But that had been notched in the high two hundreds. After clearing most of the town yesterday, Jake supposed he was in excess of three hundred murders. Normality, as Marilyn put it, seemed to be a very distant notion he didn't think he would ever find again.

Actually, it frightened him. A lot.

"Provided I survive, I guess that would be what I want. Normal. A family."

Jake nodded slightly at the notion of having a family, before she asked him what he wanted to when he got back. "I think, I'm going to spend some time with Victoria. I miss her a lot. I write to her, often, but it's not the same. Then... I don't know whether to join the army full time, or try... to go back to university, if they'll have me back... Then... I'm not really sure. I wasn't sure before the war, and I'm really not sure now." He admitted softly, really sounding like the eighteen year old that had left training phases over three years ago.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:35 pm

"I think, I'm going to spend some time with Victoria. I miss her a lot. I write to her, often, but it's not the same. Then... I don't know whether to join the army full time, or try... to go back to university, if they'll have me back... Then... I'm not really sure. I wasn't sure before the war, and I'm really not sure now."

Oh. Of course. The thought of Jake having someone at home actually stung, for some reason, and even Sofia had limits. "oh you-? Ah, well, Jake, if you've got a girl at home we shouldn't sleep together, I mean I just can't screw with another girl's fella, you know? As for University, they'd be stupid not to take you," She said as she laid on her back, not trusting herself to look at his face.

"Perhaps I'd go to university, don't know what I'd study though. Wasn't ever really an option for me before."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Confusion touched Jake's features the moment she mentioned having a girl at home. "What?" He asked automatically, shaking his head as a soft chuckle left him. "No, no, Victoria is my little sister. She's sixteen." Jake explained. "I haven't seen her in almost four years. She's my best friend, I guess." He mused, though he did miss her a lot, so much so it hurt sometimes when he thought back to the time they'd spent together when they were younger. She was a world away, safe, but Jake still worried.

"Perhaps I'd go to university, don't know what I'd study though. Wasn't ever really an option for me before."

"You could study anything you wanted to." Jake told the woman with a grin, pulling closer to him and setting a small kiss on the corner of her mouth. He hadn't missed her change in demeanour, or the way she referred to what they'd been doing in something of a vulgar term. Though Jake wasn't sure what you'd call what they'd done, he just didn't like the term 'screwing'.

Which really should have been where the alarm bells were ringing trouble for, but they weren't.

"Did I say something wrong, Marilyn?" Jake asked her softly. He hadn't meant to upset her with anything, but he knew that he quite possibly had.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:59 pm

"No, no, Victoria is my little sister. She's sixteen."

For some Godforsaken reason Marilyn felt relieved, and that was the moment she decided there truly was no God, either that or He was a mean fucker. "Oh," she said softly, lighter than before, "My apologies." She did however smile when he told her she could study whatever she wanted and kissed her.

"Did I say something wrong, Marilyn?"

"No,"
the woman replied softly, facing him and cupping his cheek before kissing him tenderly, "I just- I'm not good at anything else. This, being a sniper, is all I can think of, except- no that's just stupid." she nuzzled her face into his neck, a blush suddenly creeping over her features.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:08 pm

"Oh," she said softly, lighter than before, "My apologies."

Jake shook his head at the apology. "It's fine, lots of people get confused." He explained, it wasn't the first time someone had mistaken his fondness of Victoria to be something it wasn't. Just this time, he wasn't being hounded for her picture before the other person realised what they were asking for.

"I just- I'm not good at anything else. This, being a sniper, is all I can think of, except- no that's just stupid."

"What's stupid?" Jake asked, not pulling away from the intimacy of their positions, but rather enjoying it as he pulled her hair down from her bun once more, threading his fingers through it and enjoying the moment. He would be quite happy to sit and talk until they fell asleep, this intimacy was enough for him.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:25 pm

"What's stupid?"

"Maths. I'm good at- no, brilliant, at maths. Science. But I doubt any university would take me on, they'd see my picture and just write me off."
She scrunched up her nose slightly as he opened her hair, trying hard to not utterly melt as his fingers ran though her hair, "Why do you always do that? I don't mind, but why?" The agent asked, smiling a little bit.

Then, because she could, she pressed a soft kiss on his neck, thinking about what they were doing and how on earth they were ever going to make it out of this war alive. Anything to not think about how much she wanted them to just stay like this forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:37 pm

"Why would they look at your picture and say no?" Jake asked, clearly confused with that notion. She was beautiful, and that was no reason to say no. Sure, there were stereotypes, but if that was what she wanted to do, Jake wasn't sure why that would be a no in anyone's eyes.

"Why do you always do that? I don't mind, but why?"

Jake's hand paused where it was, swallowing slightly as her lips touched his throat. "I... just wanted to run my fingers through your hair. Sorry." He murmured, tucking her hair behind her ear and then moving his hand away. "You just... look more beautiful with your hair down, as well." He added absent-mindedly.

"Besides, on the off chance you're going to put me on the parade square when we get back, I'd better make it worth it, no?" He teased, drawing her closer to him and tucking their blankets around them comfortably. "We only have a couple of targets tomorrow, right? No extra missions?" He asked Marilyn softly, trying to be professional despite their current situation.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm

"Why would they look at your picture and say no?"

"Because I'm a woman. There aren't many of us in science, we're not always allowed."
She explained, "It was hard enough to work my way up the military so quickly." She added, for story though.

"You just... look more beautiful with your hair down, as well."

"Don't apologize, I like it,"
The woman whispered, closing her eyes for a minute when he ran his fingers through her hair. "Thank you,"

"Besides, on the off chance you're going to put me on the parade square when we get back, I'd better make it worth it, no?" He teased, drawing her closer to him and tucking their blankets around them comfortably. "We only have a couple of targets tomorrow, right? No extra missions?"

Marilyn rolled her eyes as she lay on top of him, doubling the blankets over them and resting her head on his chest. "Nothing extra." she promised, nestling into his arms and feeling far more comfortable than she should.

"I'd never put you on square, I might just drag you into my tent though,"
she teased wryly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 5:23 pm

The notion of being female hadn't really occurred to Jake. It didn't stop her here, so he doubted anything could stop her at home either. "You won't know until you try, I guess." Jake told her softly, pressing a light kiss on her forehead.

When told she liked him running his fingers through her hair, Jake resumed doing it. They both liked it, so he didn't see a reason to stop. Especially when she moved on top of him, it made it all so very much easier.

His eyes were becoming heavy as she told him there would be no extra missions. Good, he mused, then they could steal a vehicle and get back to base soon. He needed a shower, and some 'decent' food. The front line may not be the best, but even the front line food was better than the rations they were provided with.

"I'd never put you on square, I might just drag you into my tent though,"

Jake let out a soft chuckle at her words, leaning down to press a kiss to her lips. "I look forward to it." Jake mused against her lips. Whether that was supposed to be punishment, he didn't know, but he would most certainly look forward to it no less. They spent a short while longer sharing gentle kisses, until Jake fell asleep, arms around his commanding officer, and content with the world.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 6:02 pm

"I look forward to it."

"You do that,"
She chuckled, pressing a kiss to his lips and then one to his chest, soon both falling asleep. He fell asleep first though, out like a light, and the Agent took the moment to look at him, peacefully unaware of the war around them. Her fingertips gently trailed down the stubble of his chin and she frowned when she caught herself smiling. What was she doing? This wasn't real, none of it. So she needed to stop thinking like it was. For a moment she'd forgotten that, thinking of universities- she'd forgotten her place. There was no after the war for her.

No use of thinking about it. Nice as it was, it was but a dream. And following it, she fell asleep.

The next day went well, all targets eliminated, no close calls and Marilyn had hotwired a car, driving them away whilst Jake shot. And they couldn't be followed, because Marilyn had slashed all their tires. Once out of danger she grinned at Jake, happy that all had gone well, before loking back at the road. "Nice shooting!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:43 am

Sleep came easy for Jake, being out for the count a few moments after she told him to look forward to it. Blissfully unaware of the fact she was watching him for a brief while as he slept.

But then, Jake got his own back as he watched her for a brief number of minutes before her woke her up so they could get on. The only difference with Jake was that he wasn't fighting the feelings - though they hadn't registered - he was just going with the moment.

The shoot had been back in Marilyn's domain. Jake locating and calling the targets until they'd picked off enough to dare to steal a car. Jake had taken to the role of shooting, picking off men with rocket propelled grenades before they got blown up. Only when he could no longer see anyone else did Jake turn back in his seat, settling in the cold leather.

"Nice shooting!"

"Thanks." Jake replied, pulling out his map. "Just follow this road to the crossroads, take the left and then it's straight on back to base." Jake explained, tucking the map away and reloading his semi-automatic. However, they met no more resistance, and as they rolled back in to camp in a Nazi vehicle, they might as well have been heroes. Well, they technically were, Jake supposed as he grabbed his bag from the back of the truck and lifted Marilyn's down for her too.

"Better report to Captain Andrew, Captain." Jake told her, falling back in to formality now that they could be overheard. And they did, heading straight to the tent of his commanding officer to report back and hand over the paperwork. Jake took a back seat, knowing that Marilyn would probably hold the information of more use for the Captain. He would also know when and where he was being assigned to next, and whether it would be with the English woman, or with someone new.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:18 am

"Better report to Captain Andrew, Captain."

"Indeed, Sergeant."
The two soon found themselves in Andrews' tent, Marilyn reporting a full success, but not mentioning the extra mission. The Captain showed himself satisfied and asked them if they'd worked well together at which point both replied with a "Yes, Sir." And Marilyn confirmed that they'd be ready to go out again whenever they were needed.

Andrews' nodded and told them that it looked like they'd have a few days of peace and that they should go shower and eat. Marilyn, being the only female officer and the only female besides the nurses she used the closed off showers and everyone knew she showered with her gun.

That evening, smelling nice and back to her curls and red lips Mari sat in her tent after having sent for Sergeant Newbury and waited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World War Two AU (Jari)   World War Two AU (Jari) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

World War Two AU (Jari)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next