Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:13 am

The moment Marilyn was in his arms, he could feel the witch relax, and slowly he relaxed too. There had been too many men, or boys Jake wasn't sure they were all their age if he was honest, holding Marilyn for his liking, but now the whole situation had the balance that Jake needed. Despite being in a situation he didn't enjoy very much.

He noted, from afar, that Victoria was dancing happily with someone Jake didn't know - though that in itself went without saying. Her smile was radiant, and she looked completely at ease in the situation. Another turn, and Jake noted that his parents had taken to the floor, with Alexis talking under her breath, probably reminding Henry of the steps as her smile grew. In honesty, Jake hadn't seen his parents like that in a very long time, even his father's lips were pulling up in to a smile that was real, not forced as his eyes focused on his wife.

Jake's own lips had pulled in to a smile as he looked back to Mari, feeling that perhaps this evening wasn't so bad... Maybe. His name pulled him to concentrating though, and he let out a soft 'mmm' as Marilyn spoke the single syllable. The explanation that followed simply made Jake shake his head. "I know." Jake whispered, leaning down to kiss her cheek very gently. "You don't need to apologise for your grandfather. He doesn't like me, but he will. One day." He told the witch with a confidence he hadn't known he possessed. If it meant pulling big feats then Jake would, simply so that Evan would leave them to their own devices.

Jake continued to sing the song after that, softly enough for only Marilyn to hear, because that was all that was necessary in that moment. For Marilyn to hear that she was beautiful, in every single way to him.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:43 am

The moment the words 'I know' left his lips followed by a soft touch of his lips to her cheek Marilyn might as well have just melted with relief, a smile spreading across her face on its own accord. Now she just had to focus on the saving graces of the evening. Jake and his family and Clement. Speaking of which Marilyn still needed to greet them and see Victoria again; the girl was always a refreshing dose of sunshine, and it would be nice to interact with someone who wasn't trying to marry her.

"He doesn't like me, but he will. One day." Marilyn smiled, "You sound so sure, I like it," her tone reverting to their playful familiarity, "How very...Pureblood of you." Mari teased lightly, letting him spin her out and back in slowly, holding her close again. "I think this ball would be much more fun if this song never ended..." she mused before he began to sing to her again, letting her sway in safety as the witch felt her bracelet turn ice cold.

Far too soon, in her opinion, the song ended, but on its final notes as she was pulled back in she leaned up to press the slightest suggestion of a kiss to the corner of his mouth, so quick if you blinked or weren't Gwen Caldwell you might've missed it. "Shall we go greet your parents together then?" she asked, tucking her arm in his as was proper and whispered softly, "And afterwards we could dance one song in the gardens, they weren't decorated for nothing and there's only a few other couple out there."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:36 am

"You sound so sure, I like it,"

Jake nodded, simply smiling, he had to be sure of himself, because that was the only way Evan was going to give in. Or so he hoped he would. He'd hate it if Evan simply kept this up, making him feel like an idiot a lot of the time. But he couldn't help but agree that this song shouldn't stop as the normal balance of the world corrected itself as they danced. It was easy to forget where they were when they were doing something so... normal.

"Shall we go greet your parents together then?"

The answer came as a small nod with a smile accompanying it. The small kiss on the edge of his lips had been something of a pick me up in that moment. "Probably the best idea." Jake replied softly, navigating towards his parents who were retreating towards the bar. "And outside sounds much better for afterwards." Jake replied with a small smirk on his lips. Anything to be away from prying eyes so he could just be alone with Marilyn for a moment. It was selfish, but when you stood beside the witch, every eye was on you whether you wanted the attention or not.

"Mom, dad." Jake caught his parents attention as they came to the bar, smiling at both of their relaxed demeanours, Alexis leaning in to her husband with a content smile on her face whilst the lingering shadow of a smile touched Henry lips still.

"Ah, here's the birthday girl!" Alexis replied, throwing her arms around Marilyn in a hug. "We left your present at the front with the elves. But we hope you like it, Victoria got extremely excited at trying to find you something." The witch explained, a fond smile playing on her lips before she let the witch go. "Though of course, it's only something little, but Victoria assumed it would come in handy and I always have faith in my daughter to be correct in her assumptions." Alexis had been sceptical of the book on defensive magic being pulled in to inanimate objects for shields. Especially when Victoria had explained it covered magic all the way back to medieval England, but when the witch had continued to explain that Marilyn had been working on a project, Alexis had given in.

Henry simply wished the witch a happy birthday, never being a man of many words in comparison to his wife. "Oh, and we must thank you, for the dress you had made for Victoria, my dear. Do we owe you any money for it? It can't have been cheap, but we don't mind paying for it." Alexis added, because she wasn't fond on receiving such extravagant gifts for her daughter. "And of course, you look absolutely wonderful. You and Jake looked so radiant on the dance floor too, the lessons have certainly brought his skills back out!" She complimented, whether Jake had told Marilyn that his mom was once an instructor, he couldn't remember, but a compliment from Alexis was always something to bring a smile to anyone's face.

But any further comment was paused as Alexis noted Victoria heading over to them, looking thoroughly proud of herself as she moved to them. "This party is amazing!" Victoria told the group, standing next to Marilyn and looking up at her with a grin. "Everyone dances so well here, it's refreshing!" The witch explained, looking over her shoulder to find the boy she'd just been dancing with. "There's a boy named Charles, or Charlie he says he prefers Charlie, who goes to Hogwarts, and he said we can definitely meet up at The Three Broomsticks some time! Isn't that nice?" Victoria asked everyone, completely unaware that the boy had meant going on a date as she looked to the adults around her with the warmest of grins.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:32 am

The hug was a surprise. To be quite honest. And Marilyn had to channel all her concentration into not flinching or bristling at the touch, still not very good at surprise physical contact. The onslaught of speech was also something Marilyn wasn't used to, but it was a bit like talking to an adult Victoria and she could work with that. She hoped, at least.

"Thank you" She smiled politely, standing a bit closer to her boyfriend, in response to the birthday wishes, "And Victoria has great taste, I'm sure it's perfect. Really." And it would be, when Marilyn opened it later she would be ecstatic and it would take a lot of self control not to lock herself in the lab with it for her research. The Newburys were certainly going to recieve an actually written thank you card and not one of the magically produced ones that were for most guests.

At the notion of payment for Victoria's dress Marilyn quickly shook her head, "Merlin no, really. She looks stunning, please just accept it as a gift. Victoria's a lovely girl and I'm glad to give her the treat." Her cheeks flushed slightly at her words, true as they were. Not to mention, if she was honest, she didn't even know how much it cost, that simply wasn't an issue. And the next compliments regarding her looks and their performance on the dance floor brought another bout of warmth to the witch's cheeks.

"Well, Jake is a wonderful partner, couldn't do it without him"
she remarked, kissing him on the cheek, "Wouldn't want to." Mari grinned and was thankfully spared by an excited Victoria, eyes wide at the news of Victoria's new friend, taking one look to remember the face, deciding to give him a personal farewell, making sure he was on his best behavior when meeting Victoria. Gently sliding her hand in Jakes she smiled at Victoria.

"I'm glad you're having fun we were just saying how stunning you look."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am

"Thank you" She smiled politely, standing a bit closer to her boyfriend, in response to the birthday wishes, "And Victoria has great taste, I'm sure it's perfect. Really."

"She does indeed." Alexis replied fondly, watching as her son moved closer to Marilyn, his hand slipping around her waist in hopes of comforting her. The comment after on not worrying was probably the complete opposite to what Alexis planned on doing, but she simply replied with a thank you instead of trying to argue. Even if she wasn't overly happy, you could never tell with Alexis who was merely an aged ray of sunshine.

"Well, Jake is a wonderful partner, couldn't do it without him"

Jake flushed slightly at that comment, accepting the light kiss to his cheek. A warmer smile touched his features when Marilyn said she wouldn't want to dance without him. The feeling was mutual, obviously, but he didn't mostly because of Victoria's arrival. An arrival that brought excitement only to the witch as the whole group bristled at her words. Jake, looked over at the boy, noting him and making sure he could remember the face. If Victoria got hurt, he knew where he was going.

"That's lovely, Victoria." Alexis saved with a warm smile. "I'm sure the two of you will have fun, would you like a drink?" She asked, just a moment before Marilyn complimented Victoria. To witch the younger witch began to blush.

"Thank you, Mari. But you're the real beauty this evening!" Victoria replied happily, accepting the orange juice her mom gave her. She sipped it only once before she held out her hand to her dad. "Come and dance with me, please daddy?" Victoria asked, her smile growing hopeful as Henry pretended to think about it before taking her hand and allowing the younger witch to lead him to the dance floor.

"Don't wait around for me, dears, go and have fun." Alexis told Mari and Jake, waving them off. Jake nodded, telling her that they wouldn't be far before he gently took Mari's hand and lead her towards the door to the garden.

"Sorry about mom." Jake told the witch as they walked, shaking his head slightly. "She's just as excitable as Victoria with these kind of things." He explained, shaking his head slightly as they stepped out in to the cooler air. It was warmed magically though, because it was much too mild for the real December air, but it was better than the warmth of the ballroom. The music was much softer out here, fewer people too. "You wanted to dance?" Jake asked, almost more of a reminder than anything else as he pulled the witch gently towards him.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:26 am

"Thank you, Mari. But you're the real beauty this evening!"
And again the witch found herself at a loss for words and for lay of a response she just smiled, keeping her surprise hidden behind her eyes as Victoria pulled her father onto the dance floor. Ushered off by a smiling Alexis Marilyn let Jake guide her towards the gardens where the air was warm and the light was dim, fairy lights in the trees and bushes, creating a more romantic and relaxing atmosphere.

"You wanted to dance?"
The reminder came as he pulled her closer and her arms wrapped around his neck leaving the witch close enough that she had to ever so slightly look up at her boyfriend, a small smirk in place. They'd wandered into an alcove where they were hidden from view. Finally, Marilyn thought, some peace...

"Did I...? I can't recall..." her hands slid up to his hair and closed the distance between them with a slow kiss, "Been wanting to do that all evening..." Marilyn murmured,guiding him to move with her until she was sat on a large bench, pulling him down with her, sliding her tongue up against his lips. She wasn't utterly rebellious, they'd only make out a bit, enough to calm down and enjoy themselves, a distraction from the stress of the evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:15 am

As they stepped out in to the open space, Marilyn seemed to have a different idea that dancing as she gently led him in to an alcove. Jake followed, of course, happy to just get five minutes alone with his girlfriend.

"Did I...? I can't recall..."

Jake let out a small laugh, one that was consumed by the witch's lips only a moment later as her fingers threaded through his hair. He loved it when she did that, really he did, and it showed as a light shiver ran down his back. Jake's reply came with a small nod as he stole another light kiss, being broken off by her words of what she'd wanted. Jake's lips tugged up in to a warmer smile. "Nice to see you've been concentrating." Jake teased, allowing the witch to lead him to the small bench nearby.

Sitting down, Jake put an arm around the witch's shoulders, drawing her closer to him and then resting his other hand on her knee. His lips were instantly on Mari's, light kisses of affection as they sat secluded in the gardens. Jake pulled away slightly, taking up Marilyn's right hand and looking at the gift Clement had given her. "So what's special about it?" Jake asked, looking back to Marilyn. "Other than probably being made by the best jeweller in all of France and being a beautiful piece of jewellery." He asked, using the moment to thread his fingers through Marilyn's and look back up at the witch. He wasn't jealous, simply inquisitive, jewellery had not been something Jake had been comfortable buying for Marilyn yet, so he hadn't, but he could ask.

And whilst she would reply, the young man would place soft kisses on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:41 am

"Nice to see you've been concentrating."

"Always easy to concentrate on the truly important things," she quipped, nipping his lower lip and then trailing her tongue along the area delicately. The woman matched each of his kisses in turn, smiling against his lips when she felt his hand on her knee. It wasn't until he spoke that she stopped kissing, now at his jawline, and looking up at him somewhat incredulously, but only for a short while because then he was kissing her shoulder and speaking became a bit difficult.

"He had it enchanted for me,"
she murmured, her voice a tick lower than usual, "it gets hotter...when I'm near someone who wants to hurt me...and colder when they wish...me...well..." Marilyn sighed softly, pulling the hand she held to her waist and capturing his lips with her own once more, her free hand moving back to tanglein the hair at the nape of his neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:55 am

"Always easy to concentrate on the truly important things,"

Jake simply smirked at that, enjoying the light nip to his lip and then the kisses that followed. Even if they ventured away from his lips much too much for his liking. But, the look on the witch's face when he spoke made Jake realise that had perhaps not been the best move in that moment. However, Marilyn at least answered when his lips touched her shoulder, making Jake realise that perhaps not everything had gone wrong.

The gift was one that Jake felt kind of relieved she'd received, even if the delivery of the explanation wasn't overly extravagant in itself. But Jake didn't manage a reply as the witch took his lips in her own once more, pulling him closer if ever that could be deemed necessary. Jake went with her movements though, kissing her back fervently as he truly forgot where they were. Lifting Marilyn gently in to his lap to have her closer, Jake ran his tongue over her lower lip and then kissed her once more.

It was easy to get lost in the witch in moments like this. Easy to forget where they were and what they were supposed to be doing, but Jake didn't wish to be reminded, because right now it was just them, and that was enough.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Letting him lift her onto his lap with only the softest of noises of consent, her feet no longer touching the ground but catching the golden light, peeking out under the hem of her dress. His lips and his touch were all she could feel, his minty scent surrounded her and everything, simply everything became Jake. The thrill she always felt when with him was amplified by the atmosphere and all the stress seemed to melt away beneath his fingertips, scattered by his kiss. Perhaps their kissing was heating up a bit much for where they were and it would show in his hair, now utterly disheveled by her eager fingers; and her blood red lips, magically protected lipstick wouldn't keep her lips from looking throughly kissed as well.

But none of that even occured to the witch who truly just wanted to be near Jake and for these moments to go on like this forever. That thought punctuated by a soft sigh against his neck as she kissed long his jaw, only just reaching his neck before his lips found hers again.

Gwen and Evan strolled along the familiar pathways in their garden, past the lights and floral arrangements, enjoying each others company for a few stolen moments before returning to the ball, having assumed Marilyn was still dancing, and talking a few things over.

"...I just don't see why she doesn't understand that this is what's right for her!"
"I'm almost inclined to agree with her, Ev."
"What on earth are you on about?"
"He cares about her, it's obvious, they're infatuated, they're young, but he does seem to truly care-" they strolled into the alcove, "After all, he's not the one who called her disfigured in the middle of the dance fl- Marilyn!" Gwen cried out, freezing at the sight of her granddaughter in her boyfriends lap.

Marilyn, who had caught a bit of the earlier words but in her daze not attributed them to her approaching grandparents, nearly fell off Jake's lap, clutching at his arm to keep herself from falling, and quickly standing, brushing her hair back with one hand, "Grandmama! What are you- wait, did you say?"

Gwen who had one hand on Evans arm, was about to respond when her husband snarled, "She was trying to make a case for him," he glared at Jake, "But at least that Vanderbilt boy wasn't groping you like a depraved neanderthal!"

"Evan!" Gwen said sharply, but was cut off by her granddaughter who seemed to be much taller suddenly, straightening her spine.

"No, you're right, he didn't grope me. He just told me that my dowry, which I shouldn't even have, only began to make up for my disfigurement."
She spat out, eyes sparking angrily, fists clenched at her side. Evan looked affronted, "Well after you came back I had to set one up, that's just what's done when-"

"When what? Is there a protocall? What to do when your granddaughter is a prisoner of war and comes back damaged? Pay off suitors so they'll take her anyway? Definitly go for a veil at the wedding so they won't have to look at her face? "

"I will not be spoken to like this, young lady-" "Evan, calm down-"
"I'm not your puppe-" Marilyns voice cut off mid word and horror took over her expression as she clutched her throat. Evan, in his anger, had shot a nonverbal silencing spell at her and hit right on target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Lost was simply not a word that could describe the duo as they sat making out in the garden. Jake wasn't aware of anything but Marilyn and though he couldn't say his behaviour was perfect but his hands didn't move from where they were. Simply holding the witch close, but not asking for more.

Only when Marilyn all but threw herself from his lap did Jake realise they had company as he stopped her from falling, helping her to her feet as he quickly stood behind the witch, close enough for support, but not in any way improper, his hands to himself trying to flatten his hair back in to place as Marilyn asked a question. His thoughts, however were cut short by Evan's glare being aimed straight at him. It was frightening, but Jake wouldn't let him get to him.

"But at least that Vanderbilt boy wasn't groping you like a depraved Neanderthal!"

"I'm not a Neanderthal!" Jake replied, nothing short of hurt at the insinuation that he was stupid. Sure, he wasn't the brightest, but he was much more clever than half the men in the ballroom the man before him was trying to play him off against. However, his words were drowned by Gwen trying to calm her husband.

Marilyn was on the offensive quicker than Jake could formulate anything, and the argument that broke out was one that was horrifying to Jake. Evan... had set up a dowry to pay off any suitor because of the scars Marilyn's face held, and... Jake was shaking at the notion of it even beginning to be something that mattered. It showed as he glared at Marilyn's grandfather, even if he was terrified of the man before him, he would not let Marilyn be walked over.

"I will not be spoken to like this, young lady-" "Evan, calm down-"

Marilyn got cut off and Jake saw his opportunity, for the first time he had a place to cut in. Stepping around the witch, putting himself between Marilyn and her grandparents, Jake stood up straight, meeting Evan's glare. "Marilyn can speak how she wishes, sir. Especially people who wish to belittle her for how she sounds or how she looks. Perhaps I made a mistake of asking her to come to your gardens and behave in such a manner, but I think I'm the only one in that room that knows that Marilyn is human. Yes, she is scarred, but that doesn't make her any less of a person. You stand in front of the hall, ready to throw money at a man to marry your granddaughter, you are willing to overlook her happiness, her feelings, because you aren't happy that I am the one she wants. Why? Because I find your granddaughter beautiful just the way she is? That I don't ask you for money to marry her?"

Jake was seething at the man, he'd controlled it for Marilyn all evening since he'd worked out what this whole thing was. "I think you should go and take a long, hard look in the mirror, sir, because it isn't your granddaughter who had been making the mistakes this evening." He finalised, waiting for a reciprocation to his words. He didn't realise he was so angry, if he was truthful, but in that moment he realised that absolutely no one would be allowed to get away with insulting Marilyn in front of him.

"You owe Marilyn an apology, sir." Jake added in nothing more than a deadly whisper, because he knew Evan would be listening.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm

When Jake put himself between her grandfather and herself she was a little surprised by his actions. Rarely had she seen Jake upset, nevertheless angry, certainly not as angry as he was now. And there was most definitely a time and place to feel touched and proud, but this was not it. Marilyn was furious at being silenced, not just in being hexed, but in every way she'd been overlooked, spoken over or for, in the secrecy she'd been kept and for the love of Merlin if so much as one more person commented on her scars she would blast them into oblivion.

Evan, however, was slowly losing his temper, only allowing Jake to finish speaking because Gwen had her hand tight on his shoulder, fists clenched until his knuckles turned white and teeth gritted as he looked down at Jake upon hearing he owed Marilyn an apology he flicked his wrist at Jake, a red flash shooting out, blocked by Marilyn who had gotten her wand out and was silently, with great effort, casting a shield around her and Jake, then pushing it off of them to knock into Evan hard enough for him to stumble backwards. Just as Evan was about to retaliate Gwen's voice, no louder than normal, commanded "Enough." Not even raising her hands she shut Evans hex on Marilyn down, prevented him from progressing and shut down Marilyns shield.

"He's right, Evan." Gwen's expression was solemn, "You've forgotten yourself. Our granddaughter has faced hell and escaped, whatever scars she bears you should be proud of. She is a grown woman, we do not need to play matchmaker for her." Then in a softer tone, "She isn't Faith." At that Evan looked at her aghast, betrayal flashing over his features before they sobered and with a crack he apparated away, to their chambers.

Gwen turned back to Marilyn and shook her head, "I'm sorry, Lynnie. I didn't know about the money. And I wish it hadn't come to this. I will take care of this. And I will take care of the ball, it's quite late, most will be leaving now, you should both head home. I'll have your gifts sent to your flat tomorrow morning." she gave Mari an apologetic smile and turned to go back into the building.

Marilyn stood, shellshocked and unmoving, trying to comprehend why this was happening, but then she stopped herself. Go home, she thought, to Jake.  "Jake..." she murmured, turning to him, instantly pressing herself to him and holding him tight, unable to speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Of all manners of retaliation, physical retaliation had not been one that Jake had been prepared to defend against. He's thought Evan to be a better man than that, but it seemed his assumptions had been wrong as a red flash headed his way, only being stopped by some kind of shield which he could only guess was Marilyn.

With Gwen stepping in, telling them enough and forcing the magic to stop, Jake listened to the older witch. Marilyn's grandmother, at least, seemed to understand him, side with him, in fact. For which could have thanked the witch if he hadn't been so intent on glaring at the man stood beside him, his heart racing from what had just happened, but feeling much better for standing up to the man who was doing nothing but trying to control Marilyn. The final blow seemed to come from his own wife though, because Evan had apparated not a moment later.

Jake relaxed slightly, listening to Gwen as she said she would sort this for them, get rid of the guests, talk to Evan. Jake simply remained quiet, not trusting himself to speak again as he watched the older witch walk away. He closed his eyes a moment later, letting out a frustrated sigh. He's probably made everything worse, he hadn't meant to, but that probably wouldn't matter to the man who'd left.

"Jake..."

The grounding sound of his name from Marilyn's lips made Jake open his eyes, his arms gently holding the witch close to him. "I've got you." Jake whispered, letting her know that she was safe. "Let's get you away from here." He added, not bothering to go to his parents or Victoria, Gwen would sort it. Concentrating, Jake focused on the witch's bedroom, and without another word, they were safely away from Caldwell Place and the party that was being disbanded.

Thread is now closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)   Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marilyn Caldwells 21st Birthday Ball (Invite Only)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2