Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charms Lesson 1 (All years)

Go down 
+9
Bethan Fielding
Kedzie Loraine
Ryan Lassiter
Natasha Stonem
Ingrid York
Alyson Montez
Cassidy Young
Mavis Benrik
Katherine Zanderson
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms Lesson 1 (All years) Empty
PostSubject: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Katherine had to deal with a sick Dave so she had to miss her first class of the new year. She hated having to do that but she had no choice. Katherine got to work really early and made sure that she had the assignment for her students on the board before she had to leave. Dave was finally asleep and was being watched by her father while she had to come to school for her assignment to be known. Katherine grabbed a piece of chalk and began to write her assignment.

I apologize for not being here today, some family issues have come up and I will write your assignment for you and it is to be placed on my desk so that when all is well with the family, I will be able to grade.

Now I want you to tell me ONE Charm that you love and explain why you love it and what you would do with it if you ever had a chance to use it. I don't want anymore then two pages but it has to be at least one page. Have fun!

(OOC: So sorry I haven't been on lately and I am a little late putting up my classes, but there has been some personal issues that my family and I had to work on, but I am back and ready to make up for lost time Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Mavis Benrik
Graduate
Graduate
Mavis Benrik

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Mavis didn't like her summer one bit. It was totally uneventful and her brother was gone most of the summer because he had a new girlfriend. Mavis rolled her eyes at the thought of love. The Slytherin walked into the class and saw that her Professor was no where to be seen but there was an assignment. "You have got to be kidding me" she groaned. She reluctantly sat down in a seat and took out parchment and a quill and began to write almost instantly.

I wouldn't say I love this spell, more like have an interest in the Incendio Charm. I like to play with fire and what better way to do that then to use the fire making Charm. Now a way for it to be even more useful, I'd use it to burn the living hell out of somebody I don't like. That's just me but I'm not sure what the others would do. As I said before, fire is very useful for that.... I guess it can be useful for other things but I don't care about those things.

- Mavis Benrik

When she was completely satisfied with her work, she placed it on the desk of her god damn Professor and left the classroom. She didn't know where she was heading but anywhere was better then class.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:01 am

Cassidy missed summer, but was still quite content with getting back to school. She walked into the classroom and saw the writing on the board, and without a word, she got to work, sitting at the desk and taking out her quill.

The Flame Freezing charm has a white light, and no incantation, and allows for flames to be frozen, as suggested by the name. If I had the chance to use it, I would use it for entertainment, or in cases where fire is a danger, as it is simple and easy to cast, as well as inherently effective.

-Cassidy Young

She finished and rolled up her parchment, placing it on the teacher's desk before heading out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:22 am

Heading through the corridors of the school was difficult between classes, because it seemed absolutely everyone was in the corridors all at once. Of course, it hadn't been any different in Salem, but there Victoria had known where she was going and didn't need to look at a map every couple of seconds to get her bearings. The ex-Wormwood was also incredibly small so she got bustled around a lot, being mistaken for a younger year, or something to that effect.

When finally the Hufflepuff had found her class for that period, she'd found the classroom empty except for two people, and neither of them were the teacher. Reading the board, Victoria noted the assignment and moved to the front desk, pulling out her parchment. It didn't take long for a charm to come to mind, but when it did, Victoria was grinning as her pen touched the paper.

My favourite charm would most certainly be the Cheering Charm. In life, I always try to make people smile, or see the good things in life where I can, and the Cheering Charm is a very good way to make people feel happy. Of course, it is only a temporary measure, and should be used in moderation to make sure that it isn't over used - the side effects of the charm are not something that would help in the original intent of the spell.

That said, it does of course make people laugh hysterically and may lead to the person under the spell needing a moment to calm down from the effects if over done. This, however, would not deter me from using the spell if a friend were in need of a little cheering up. Laughter is the best medicine for sadness, after all!

Victoria Newbury

Once Victoria had finished her work, and read through it to make sure it was all correct, she stood from her seat and took her paper to the professor's desk, making sure that it couldn't get lost before she headed back out in to the corridor, map in hand, to try to find her way back to her common room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:11 am

Walking in to Charms, Josh noted that there wasn't a teacher. There was, however, a young Hufflepuff he'd never seen before at the front of class bent double over her parchment and writing far too excitedly to be realistic. Shaking his head at the sight, Josh looked to the board to see the assignment and sighed. This seemed pointless. Moving to an empty desk, the Head Boy took out a roll of parchment and got to work.

In all honesty, I don't believe that there is a Charm I could say is my favourite. A charm is first and foremost a charm that changes the way something appears. Altering objects is not something that I find interesting in magic, as most charms are seemingly harmless. However, if I had to pick one charm, I would choose the Legillimens Spell. This spell is probably the most useful in that you can delve in to the mind of others and collect information that is highly useful (given you choose the right target).

Josh Murray.

With the short excerpt done, Josh moved to put the paper on the front desk and left the room without a word to anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Alyson walked into class that day and was glad to be back at school. The summer was crazy, her parents barely let her out of their sight, they were afraid that the Black Widows would come back but what her parents didn't understand was that they were gone... but for how long? She didn't know but she was living in the moment. Alyson walked into Charms and saw no Professor and read the assignment, she sighed and walked in and took a seat. She grabbed a piece of parchment out and her lucky quill and began to write.

My favorite Charm that has ever existed would have to be Alohomora. This Charm is very useful for when you forget your key or have to unlock a door to make a clean getaway. I'm not saying I would ever do something to get me into trouble and then need this spell to unlock a door and hide, I'm just saying that a lot of trouble makers do this and think of this spell when they need to hide somewhere and the only place would be a locked door because everyone knows that if there is a locked door on that floor or room that it would be pointless to check. But nevertheless, I love this Charm and I think it is highly useful.

Alyson Montez

She placed it on the desk when she finished and grabbed her things and left the room.
Back to top Go down
Ingrid York
Ravenclaw Second Year
Ravenclaw Second Year
Ingrid York

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Ingrid was late to Charms, it would be her first lesson of this subject. she had hoped that she was only missing the boring theory work. As she entered the class she was surprised that she was the only one there, she couldn't have been early that was for sure.

As the young girl took a seat she noticed they had an assigment to do, she quickly worked out that everybody else must have finished. Taking out her quill she ponder what her favourite charm was, being new to this whole wizarding world she flipped through her Charms textbook, until she finally found one.

My favourite charm I think would have to be Spongify, the softening charm. I think that this is a handy charm for every Hogwarts student to learn, because of the terrible beds they have here. I think I have slept on wood floors softer than those beds. So once I learn this charm, I shall be able to sleep soundly because these hard beds are simply downright unacceptable

Ingrid York

Ingrid walked up to the front of the desk and placed her assignment neatly on top of the other, she left the classroom
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 am

Natasha made her way to the Charms classroom, and was disappointed to see that the teacher wasn't in for the lesson. However, she saw the task written on the chalk board and moved to a seat, getting out her parchment and quill, and beginning to write about her favourite charm.

My favourite charm would have to be the bubble head charm, which is extremely useful in situations where perhaps the air is unbreathable, or when one needs to manoeuvre under water. It has no incantation, though require the concentration of the caster to remain, for it to remain on the face of the person. This is one let down of the spell. However, in my opinion, the benefits of the charm out-weigh the cons, and therefore make it a highly useful spell.

-Natasha Stonem

With that done, she rolled up the parchment and placed it on the teacher's desk before she departed.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Lassiter
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Ryan Lassiter

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 am

Ryan was a little shocked to see no Professor when he got into the class, but he did see an assignment on the board and was glad to know that he wouldn't be leaving the class without doing something important like an assignment. Ryan took a seat and began his work.

My favorite Charm would have to be the Shield Charm. I love this Charm because if you're in a battle with someone who wants to kill or hurt you, you can always conjure up your shield and protect yourself. A lot of people just throw their spells at their attackers and forget about protecting themselves, but I know that if I am ever in a serious battle that I am going to attack and protect my shelf because that is what you always should do in a battle. Never start a war but protect the innocent is something I like to go by and its true. A lot of Professors should teach us this in the nearby future for safety.

Ryan Lassiter

The Gryffindor placed his assignment on Professor Zanderson's desk and grabbed his things and left the classroom. He was pretty confident that he did great on that assignment.
Back to top Go down
Kedzie Loraine
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Kedzie Loraine

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Kedzie wasn't late for Charms and she was excited for that, when she walked in she saw no one there but did see an assignment on the board. She felt sorry for Professor Zanderson for not being there for the class and hoped all was okay with the fact that she had family problems. The young girl took her seat and began the assignment at hand.

I love the tickling Charm because I have a tendency of loving to laugh and think that the world should be filled with more laughter then hatred. A lot of people just have exhaustion or angry looks on their faces mostly all the time but I would love to use this Charm so they can know the feeling that someone cares enough to brighten their day and make them laugh more. I really do love this Charm and hope that one day it would be useful in a battle. Who knows someone could use this to make a quick getaway.

~ Kedzie Loraine

She placed her paper on the desk and left the classroom with a confident smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Bethan Fielding
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Bethan Fielding

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am

Bethan was running as fast as she could down the corridor to get to Charms. She had been in the library and completely lost track of time. So she was sure she would be late and maybe lose points. Except, the teacher wasn't there. She was a bit relieved because losing points was horrible and she always felt bad about letting down her house. Her eyes scanned the board. Luckily, the task wasn't too difficult, so she sat straight down and got on with it.

My favourite charm would probably be Avifors. I mean, who wouldn't want to turn some boring wooden object into a wonderful, beautiful flock of chirping birds? This is, as long as the birds are treated well after being made into birds. I have so far been unsuccessful with this spell but I am determined to master this and have this incredible, useful spell at my fingertips.

After hastily scribbling this down, she stood up, put it on the professor's desk and followed a group of other students out of the door.
Back to top Go down
Jacoby Windsor
Slytherin Seventh Year
Slytherin Seventh Year
Jacoby Windsor

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Walking into the Charms classroom actually prepared for a lesson for once, JC was actually a bit distraught to see the assignment written out for the class. After a Summer of learning etiquette and attending balls and galas for events and charities that he cared nothing about, he'd actually been looking forward to getting some hands on practical learning. Though he supposed that an easy pass for the day was just as good, this meant that he could go back to sleep which in all honesty sounded wonderful to him. Pulling out a quill and parchement he began working on the assignment.

'I'd have to say without a doubt that my favorite charm is Scourgify, the cleaning charm. This is mainly due to the fact the growing up not knowing I was a wizard cleaning was my least favorite chore, I always wished that there was an easier way to do it without actually exerting effort. In fact the moment I got my letter from Hogwarts and checked Diagon Alley for my textbooks the first thing I did was look for this spell. A lot of people will attribute my affinity for this charm to laziness, but in reality it has a sentimental connection to me as it's the first spell I ever mastered."

With that he placed the parchment on Professor Zanderson's desk and headed out to go and resume his slumber.
Back to top Go down
Rhian Holmes
Unsorted
Rhian Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:03 am

aparecium - revealing charm

Once again, this year, Rhian was late to the first class. Pushing the door open, her trepidation left as soon as she realized the professor wasn't here. Her eyebrows rose at the strangeness of it all, students writing with no teacher, until she caught sight of the board. Shrugging inwardly, she took a seat next to Jacoby. They'd hung out once or twice, but nothing important. Still, it was more than she could say for most of the others.

Sending a small smile his way, she got to work on her paper.

I don't know that I have a favorite spell, but one that I've come to like recently is the revealing charm, Aparecium. I learned it this summer while spending time with my future mother-in-law. She was a cursebreaker before she got into teaching, and has been showing me some things from those days, spells and whatnot. While it's not an every day sort of spell, if find it interesting that there is a spell specifically designed to show us what is supposed to be hidden. It makes me wonder who first started hiding things. And when did someone else decided to learn how to see what was hidden? Food for thought!

Rhian Holmes

It wasn't much, but it answered the question. She slipped out of her seat, deposited her paper a the front, and headed towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 am

Lucy walked into the Charms classroom, ready for the lesson, and was disappointed to find that the Professor wasn't in this lesson. But she saw the task written on the board, and she took a seat, taking out some parchment and a quill and writing about her favourite charm learned.

Of all the charms I've learned throughout my years of schooling, the most useful, and best to know, by far, would inherently be the Anti-Theft charm. When living in a magical society, and naturally, the summoning charm is such an easy charm, it is necessary for an Anti-Theft charm. This prevents certain objects being summoned by those who aren't the owners. Thus, this is extremely useful for shop owners in a magical society. I personally use the charm to prevent my sister and my roommates from summoning my things when I'm not around. However, its downfall is that extra charms are needed to stop persons from manually taking items.

-Lucy Waters

She rolled her parchment, and placed it on the desk with the others before she left the room.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:19 am

Violet had never been overly enthusiastic about charms, so she arrived relatively late to the lesson on her timetable. She was pleasantly surprised, though also slightly disappointed at the knowledge of no practical work, when she saw that the Professor wasn't in for the lesson. Nevertheless, she took a seat and began to complete the task of her favourite charm.

My personal favourite charm would have to be the disillusionment charm, as it allows for the target of the charm, depending on the strength, to become camouflaged, in some cases completely invisible. It lets ones body and clothing blend in and take on the colours and patterns of the surrounding environment, making oneself a 'human chameleon', if you will. The light produced is white, and can be cast on oneself or others. It is said to have a cold, liquid feeling of a cracked egg on the target it is cast upon. The possibilities of use with this particular charm are endless.

-Violet Lynch

When completed, she placed her rolled up parchment on the desk and left for her next class.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Class closed, grades coming sortly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms Lesson 1 (All years)
Page 1 of 1