Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charms Lesson 1 (All years)

Go down 
+4
Apollo Oxton
Aphrodite Oxton
Diem Malik
Katherine Zanderson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms Lesson 1 (All years) Empty
PostSubject: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Katherine had to deal with a sick Dave so she had to miss her first class of the new year. She hated having to do that but she had no choice. Katherine got to work really early and made sure that she had the assignment for her students on the board before she had to leave. Dave was finally asleep and was being watched by her father while she had to come to school for her assignment to be known. Katherine grabbed a piece of chalk and began to write her assignment.

I apologize for not being here today, some family issues have come up and I will write your assignment for you and it is to be placed on my desk so that when all is well with the family, I will be able to grade.

Now I want you to tell me ONE Charm that you love and explain why you love it and what you would do with it if you ever had a chance to use it. I don't want anymore then two pages but it has to be at least one page. Have fun!

(OOC: So sorry I haven't been on lately and I am a little late putting up my classes, but there has been some personal issues that my family and I had to work on, but I am back and ready to make up for lost time )
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Diem walked into class and she saw that the Professor was not in the class but there was an assignment on the board. Diem took a seat and pulled out a piece of parchment and began to write. She needed to pass this year and she was highly determined to. She began to think of something she could write about and finally something came to mind.

If I could choose any Charm it would have to be the Charm Aguamenti. The reason why I love this Charm is because it is highly useful. If you're in a desserted place and only have your wand, you can conjure up water to drink. It may not help you out in that kind of situation but it will keep you going so you can be alive long enough to be saved. I would also love to use it for that purpose or to use it against my opponent.

- Diem Malik

Diem placed her assignment on Professor Zanderson's desk and left the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite Oxton
Belladonna Sixth Year
Belladonna Sixth Year
Aphrodite Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 am

Aphrodite walked into the Charms classroom and saw that no one was there and a Nightshade girl had just left. She sat down and read the assignment that was written on the board and began to get started. She placed a piece of parchment on her desk and her quill and began to write about her favorite Charm. That was still a mystery to her but she was going to write about the first one that came to her mind.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite Charm but its one that comes to mind and is helpful if you ask me. The Charm is Accio. Accio is a summoning Charm and it's useful in case you lose something. I am always misplacing my things so this is something that I always find useful to me, a lot of people think that it isn't that useful for them because they never lose anything but that is a lie. Accio is a great spell and should be used more often if you ask me.

Aphrodite Oxton

The Belladonna placed her now finished paper on her Professor's desk and left the classroom to go to her next one.
Back to top Go down
Apollo Oxton
Graduate
Graduate
Apollo Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 10:29 am

Apollo walked into Charms right when Aphrodite walked out. He was confused on why his sister did that but then it made sense when he saw the note on the board. It looked like he had to write a paper and then hand it in, and then leave. Apollo took a seat and began the assignment at hand.

A Charm that I like and think is useful is the Mending Charm. My little brother has a tendency of breaking my things and most of my stuff is irreplaceable and now that I am now of age I can mend the pieces back together. You can't use it in a dire situation but if you want to mend a broken bone when you're in a battle I guess you could do that but I have heard that it's a risky process so I am not sure if that is a good idea or not but it couldn't hurt to try if you're up for the risk of being known to your attacker if you're trying to hide from them. Well that is all I have to say, I hope this was a good paper for you to read Professor.

Apollo Oxton
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Ares was a fan of Charms and it helped that the Professor was hot and all, the Wormwood walked into the classroom and instantly saw nothing. He looked around like he was being pranked or not but when he saw the note on the board he nodded and took a seat. He had no problem with this kind of lesson. All he had to do was write a paper and hand it in and then he got to leave.

A spell that I like to think I'd use in the nearby future would be Arresto Momentum. This Charm is something that I would love to use and try because I can be a clumsy person from time to time. It can be useful because if somebody you love or care about is falling from a hundred feet building then you can save them by using this spell. It can save a lot of lives and think people should use it to protect those who fall to their deaths.

~ Ares Oxton
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:43 pm

Thana walked in and sat down, looking around her before writing her assignment.

One of my favourite charms is the Communication charm. I have several items that have this charm, all enabling me to communicate with people. One is my Faowind family ring, which enables me to talk with various family members. This charm throughout history has come in particularly useful for large groups wanting to communicate. I think this is a very important charm as it allows instant communication via long distances, it has proven useful especially over the holidays when I am often travelling, I can keep in touch with people and make sure everyone is safe. It also allows for orders to be made in military situations from what I have read.

~ Thana Semele.

Quietly Thana finished her essay in her elegant writing before putting it on the Professors desk. She walked back to her desk and picked up her bag before walking out. She had other things she needed to do so this short lesson was perfect for her to get ahead.
Back to top Go down
Jareth Faowind
Belladonna Seventh Year
Belladonna Seventh Year
Jareth Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 12:43 am

Jareth walked in to the class late, or so he thought. It seemed that he wasn't really, as there wasn't a teacher. He saw that he had to write an essay on his favourite charm. Sitting down as he watched his 'sister' walking out. He couldn't help but smile.

In his messy writing, Jareth wrote his short essay.
My favourite charm is Accio, it enables me to summon many things whenever I need them. Often I have need of it when I need to cover up a mess or when I don't have something, I think it is the best charm to have and I know that it has helped me out in many dire situations.

~Jareth
Back to top Go down
Aragorn Stormbearer
Graduate
Graduate
Aragorn Stormbearer

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 12:48 am

Aragorn never saw the point of charms, but attended anyway. Walking in he saw that it was a Professor-less class and went straight to a desk to write his essay.

My favourite Charm,
While I don't have a favourite as Charms are mere spells designed to assist a witch or wizard , one I do like to use is the Silencing Charm. It enables me to travel around without detection and often I like to use this when travelling around outside of school as I don't like to be disturbed. This spell I have found particularly useful for when I come across dangerous towns or sleazy alleyways.

~Aragorn Stormbearer.

Quickly finishing his short essay Aragorn put his name on it and left the parchment on the Professors desk before walking out. He now had free time and decided to make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Class closed, grades will be up shortly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson 1 (All years)   Charms Lesson 1 (All years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms Lesson 1 (All years)
Page 1 of 1