Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decisions decisions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

Decisions decisions Empty
PostSubject: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:47 am

Lucas had sat at his desk one might, Larkin the years schoolwork when one students essay in particular had struck him. He wrote down the name and kept an eye out for the rest if the year. The student hasn't disappointed. Lucas was rather impressed with the students' work ethic, ability, and attempt at learning. At the end if the year the student had done well. Exceptionally well. Lucas made a note, and decided to discuss matters further with the student. At the beginning if the holidays he sent a letter to the student. Violet Lynch.

Dear Miss Lynch.
In regards to your academic achievement this year, you officially claimed top student. As I have told you, this time it is in official writing. Attached is your certificate of outstanding achievement . I was also writing to ask if you would meet me so as to discuss your class options for next year . I shall expect you at the Faowind Company building ( fictional place) on the third of this month at around 1:30 PM .

Yours Sincerely.
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor, Healer.

Lucas sent the letter, and on the third went to his family named building to wait for Violet to arrive. He was in one of the main offices. Reserved for his father and when needed. Him.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:35 am

Violet had been somewhat surprised at the letter she had received from the Alchemy professor. She never really tried all that hard, but she felt a strange sense of accomplishment at receiving the letter. Yes, this had the potential of opening a lot of doors.

She got her mum, whom she was living with at the time, to drive her to the building to meet her teacher to discuss the options. She didn't bother knocking at the building, but rather strolled in casually at 1:40pm "Professor," she acknowledged him plainly.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:42 am

Lucas watched as his student came in, ten minutes late he noted. It wasn't a brilliant start. However she had turned up, which was enough.

Professor

Lucas sighed at the greeting, it seemed that every teenager used that one. Including his younger brother, and his adoptive sister. " Quite a few things, firstly hello Miss Lynch. Secondly, please take a seat" Lucas said to the girl, indicating for her to sit in a chair.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:50 am

She walked over and took a seat as he gestured for her to do so, and slumped into the seat "So, apparently I'm 'top student', interesting...." she mused a little to him "I have a few questions actually, one, what are the 'options' you want to discuss? And two, how is it you came to choose me as the top student?" she said. She wasn't one to hold back, or be nervous about inquiring, she wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 am

"So, apparently I'm 'top student', interesting.... I have a few questions actually, one, what are the 'options' you want to discuss? And two, how is it you came to choose me as the top student?"

Lucas thought, thinking specifically if his words before replying. " Yes, you got the best score for the year. Secondly, in regards to your second question. I didn't choose you, you did all of the work. You showed a good work ethic, a desire to learn, and extensive knowledge on the subject that reflected on your essays, homework and yearly test. Lastly, I asked you to discuss your options, because I am willing to offer you private advanced classes next year. If you are up to it, I can give you advanced knowledge in alchemy, a head start on your senior years , and if you wish it. A reference for your desired area of work." Lucas replied to the girl, hoping she would realize how many doors this could open.

" I also have acquaintances that will be speaking next year at school as well, you will be able to speak with them if you so desire. I have shown your written assignment to one of them, and he is quite impressed. He thought a second or third year healer had written it"
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:15 am

"Well, it's good to know that my wits aren't going to waste on idiots reading my essays," she commented dryly "Advanced private lessons could be good," the idea of being ahead was tempting. And of course, she was ambitious, terribly ambitious. So naturally and clearly, the answer would be 'yes'. But she wasn't willing to let her composure slide, and wasn't going to show interest "Alright," she answered "I'll take those lessons as long as your promises are fulfilled adequately," she said in her usual bluntness.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:43 am

Lucas nodded in agreement to Violet. "I shall keep my end of the arrangement if you keep yours. You will have to inform you parents, and you will have to keep other classes up as well. " Lucas explained. He knew the attitude, Thana had it most times as well. The whole "I'm pretending not to care" attitude. He hoped that Violet would get over it eventually. No wonder Thana got on with her, they both had the same attitude. "Well if there is anything you would like to ask, now is the time. Is there anything in particular you would like to know or ask?" Lucas enquired of Violet.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:13 pm

"Well if there is anything you would like to ask, now is the time. Is there anything in particular you would like to know or ask?"

"Nope, nothing in particular," she said "Advanced work that'll open many career opportunities, sounds good," she stood up "Of course I'll be able to keep up other classes, you're talking to me, and I'll tell my mum. Do you need like a permission thingy or something signed?" She asked. Though she obviously knew her mum wouldn't reject it, once she told her, her mother'd be overwhelmed with joy, or something.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:08 am

Of course I'll be able to keep up other classes, you're talking to me, and I'll tell my mum. Do you need like a permission thingy or something signed?"

Lucas nodded softly, "Yes I will send one at the beginning of the year, to inform your mother. Here is one as well, to explain everything to her. " Lucas answered, handing over an envelope that contained documents stating and explaining the extra classes. "If there is nothing else, I shall see you next year. Also before I forget, Thana had a letter she wanted me to give you" He said, quickly handing over a small letter that Thana had written.

"If there is nothing else, you can go. Enjoy your holidays, and I trust you can find the way out?" Lucas said, there wasn't much else to say.

(Inside the letter is just an invite for Vi to come stay at Thana's for the holidays for a while if she wishes XD)
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:33 am

She took the envelope and tore it open, skimming through the documents, before opening and reading the letter and then looking back up to Lucas "I'll get this to my mum then, and think about Thana's letter," she said to him "And I can find my way out," she added, turning on her heels and walking briskly back the way she had come. She climbed back into the car and her mother bean to drive, inquiring what it had all been about. She answered her shortly, with mainly one word answers, as was usual for Violet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions Empty

Back to top Go down

Decisions decisions
Page 1 of 1