Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) Empty
PostSubject: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 12:47 pm

In all the stress and chaos that made up Marilyn Caldwell’s life the witch needed some time to just…stop everything. This wasn’t to say that spending time with Jamie or Jake was work, not at all. But Jamie wouldn’t stop asking her why she refused to talk about Jake all of the sudden; he was worried and Marilyn didn’t know what answer to give him, because honestly she wasn‘t sure what had happened herself. And spending time with Jake was out of the question after they’d spent an amazing night together that in the morning had come crashing down as he’d basically handed her her clothing and she’d taken the hint and left… The witch sighed as she pulled her pullover off and stretched, waving her wand to push all the furniture in the lounge to the wall so she’d have the polished hardwood floor to dance on, the barre that ran along the wall opposite the door became accessible and with another flick of her wand the white wall behind it became smooth and reflective like a mirror. Having stretched herself warm she slipped on her dance heels and roughened their soles with her nail brush as she let her thoughts stray.

Being around Jake…was difficult, to begin with. Sometimes they were hanging out and it was fine, they had fun and laughed and joked but then he’d do or say something and her gut would clench and the level of affection she felt for him would bowl her over and knock her breath away. It was like whacking oneself with a wrecking ball. And then, of course, there was the physical attraction. That had been damn near electric and it was driving her mad how it had felt to give in to that.
Now, she could cope with a high level of affection, it didn’t affect her actions or thoughts much, because that was the part that was perhaps painful on a scale, but easy to deal with, right? Sure. But the physical? The mere fact that she was physically attracted to him had been becoming clearer and clearer. At first seeing him shirtless had evoked mere aesthetic appreciated. Now it had made her throat dry, her heart pound and her skin hot. When dancing with him that day she’d spent a lot of time wondering what on earth she’d done to deserve this and also swearing that whatever it was she’d never do it again. It was the tiniest bit helpful that she could just complain about it to him in Spanish because he wouldn’t understand anyhow.

At least it had been, until they’d had sex. After that it was just complete and utter chaos to her mind.
But enough reflection, she told herself, shutting her mind down. Another flick of her wand projected two male dancers that would dance alongside her, their images glimmering slightly. They would help her keep track of the beat and the choreography, not to mention that they would demonstrate moves the witch could copy and learn. Marilyn silently thanked her grandmother for the gift; Gwen had given her that spell to tune in to dance class in France when she could not physically attend, anticipating that her granddaughter would not be much up to travel much what with Auror Training and all. And she’d been right; Marilyn had been far too busy. But now…now she was just going to focus on dancing, completely and effectively shutting everything else out as one of the holographic dancers started the count to dance…

In fact, Mari was so focused that she didn’t hear or see the door to the lounge creak open (the music was too loud, she’d say in her defense) or a familiar Quidditch player lean against the doorframe watching her. Instead she was facing the mirror, and from where he stood he could see her face as if she were looking right at him. But Marilyn was far too focused until the choreography ended. Just as she was going to go over one of the moves again (ever the perfectionist) she saw him and whirled around, again hyper-aware of the way she’d been dancing, what she was wearing and that he was there, that he’d watched her dance and she’d been too far gone to notice. As soon as her brain started to whirr she shut it up with a firm mental shake. If anything, Marilyn prided herself on her self-control. And no crush or confusion or sex would take that from her.
Still out of breath slightly she pushed her hair out of her face and looked at him, “Hey…”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:41 pm

The couple of days since Marilyn had left his house had been difficult for Jake. Not only did he have to pretend everything was alright as he walked in to work the next day, or whenever he was around his parents and Victoria, he also had to keep telling himself that it was okay. But Marilyn had not called, she hadn't owled him. There had been absolutely no contact, and it was beginning to ebb away at all the hope he'd had of normality.

It had been as he woke up on the Saturday morning that Jake had made his mind up and made his way down to the florists. It had taken Jake some time to pick something out, but as the man behind the counter finished wrapping the flowers, Jake thanked him and exited the shop.

The young man had paused, wondering what would happen if he couldn't get through to the witch's house. He didn't think about that though, knowing he could just wait outside if he really needed to. No residence came, however, and Jake stood facing the familiar number seven of Marilyn's house. The wizard raised his hand to knock, but thought better of it and just pressed down on the handle. Entering the apartment, Jake could hear music and carefully slipped his shoes off. Habit, more than anything.

Moving to the door of the lounge, Jake looked through the gap, just enough to see the witch dancing in a manner... Jake had never seen the witch dance like that, and to say he was shocked was probably the biggest understatement you could go for as he stood transfixed. The moves... the gestures... Jake wasn't sure whether to simply leave or to make himself known. There wasn't an answer coming to mind, and quite honestly his body was refusing to move.

“Hey…”

Jake hadn't noted the witch speaking, too transfixed in the move she had preformed only a moment before where her leg had come too high, if Jake was honest... Swallowing, Jake caught up with the present moment, licking his lips before he managed a very soft, "Hi."

It took a moment for Jake to remember why he was here. Though whether that meant here as in Mari's house, or here as in still stood by the doorway, Jake couldn't be sure. Pushing open the door, the bouquet of flowers made itself known, and Jake just stood, holding them out slightly towards the witch. "I got... these for you." He managed, his head slowly clearing of what he'd just seen.

Dear Mari,

I'm sorry for being a complete ass the other day. I didn't mean... I... You're my best friend, and I'm sorry.

Jake x

The note wasn't overly clear, Jake hadn't know what to say, but it was something, he merely had to hope that it was going to be enough now.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:13 pm

As her eyes took in the Young man in her doorstep Marilyn felt a quick and wide ranging flurry of emotions going from hurt to hope to fury.
With an empty Expression she read the note and frowned. Because what it said read a wass: "I didn't mean any of it, you're just a friend, I regret it." And that didn't just sting, it felt like a slap to the face. Like a lie. Because despite the fact that she feared those words were true, she knew better. The way he's kissed her, smiled at her, treated her in those moments...that was not nothing. There had been something, she couldn't have possibly just imagined that. And it was slowly making her mad. Mad that he was lying to her and to himself if he wanted to deny everything that happened. Because it was killing her to pretend she was okay. It hurt to see him everyday and act like she wasn't going crazy.

So after all of this monologue happened inside of her head, pushing Mari over the edge with her decision. Pursing her lips she calmly folded the note back up and put the flowers on the table at the wall before moving to stand before him and Holding the note up, arms crossed.
"Thank you for the flowers but this?" She waved the note slightly, "This you can Keep. I don't want an apology. I don't want to pretend it didn't happen and I sure as hell don't want you to tell me you didn't mean any of it." her tone and Expression read clearly as did her words; the witch was not happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Jake watched the witch take the flowers, and then read the card. The wording on the card had neither been easy, nor highly truthful in it's fullest, but the wizard hadn't had a clue what she wanted to hear in that moment. In truth, he didn't know what he wanted to hear at the moment, because everything was so damn confusing.

His head told him that their friendship wouldn't be so strong if he made the next step.

And his heart...

Jake pushed away those thoughts as the witch moved across the room, putting the flowers on the table and walking back to stand in front of him, the card between her fingers. Jake waited, not sure what was going to happen, and subconsciously, he held his breath, waiting for the first blow, physical or verbal as it might be.

"This you can Keep. I don't want an apology. I don't want to pretend it didn't happen and I sure as hell don't want you to tell me you didn't mean any of it."

In hindsight, the silent plea for it to be verbal was not the best course of action as Jake looked at the witch uncertainly. "I... don't..." Jake started, failing to try to get the right words to come out in the right order. "I don't understand..." Jake managed after a moment, his eyes trying to find some clue from the witch as he struggled to keep up.

To try not to jump to the conclusions his head had many times in the last couple of days. "I know it happened. I... You... If I can't apologise what do you want, Mari?" Jake asked softly, looking to the card in her hand. Had something he'd written been wrong? Jake wondered, looking back to the witch timidly. It was funny, how right now he felt so small, how it all felt so wrong. Mari looked far too hurt, and Merlin Jake didn't have a clue as to what he'd done to make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:43 pm

"If I can't apologise what do you want, Mari?"

"I want you to stop telling me what you think I want to hear, I want you to tell me what YOU want to say!" She retorted, cutting off th 'I want you' that was stuck in her throat. Merlins beard and balls this was frustrating. If the didn't truly lay all the Cards on the table they'd never get anywhere, "Why would you apologize?!" The witch turned away, Hand on her forehead and eyes scrunched together, trying to reign in her millions of emotions. "I'd think it was obvious that I didn't exactly object. So there's nothing to apologize for unless..." Her Brown eyes looked up at him as she ran that Hand through her hair, letting out a deep breath, "Unless of course, you didn't want it." The witch felt like her heartbeat was filling the room as it pounded in her ears and she forced herself to be honest.

"I want to know what you want. What you're interested in, what you're ready for. And if you don't want it- this- me." she finally managed, "Then you can tell me. And I'll deal with that." How she had no clue, but if he truly didn't want her, she would just have to manage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 5:14 pm

"I want you to stop telling me what you think I want to hear, I want you to tell me what YOU want to say!"

Jake was quite honestly blanking as the witch said that. What did he want? Merlin it would be great if he knew right now because his head was such a mess. How could he ever explain what he wanted when he simply didn't know that answer. It had felt right, yes, but did he want to risk their friendship on something that had felt right because they were both frightened?

"Why would you apologize?!"

"I-" But Jake didn't get any further than that as the witch cut across him, telling him he hadn't forced her in to the situation, but not that she'd wanted it. Making accusations that he didn't want it. "That's not what I am saying! I thought... I... didn't want that to ruin our friendship... so I apologised..."

"I want to know what you want. What you're interested in, what you're ready for. And if you don't want it- this- me."

That, however, had not been something Jake had banked on as he looked at the witch, eyes slightly wider than normal. Had... she really just...

"Then you can tell me. And I'll deal with that."

"I can't... We..." Jake shook his head, looking anywhere but the witch's face as he tried to formulate a reply to that. Taking half a step forward, Jake believed he could make it the few short steps to the witch, but even that was too difficult and he paused, taking her in. "I want you to be happy, Marilyn." He managed, biting his lip momentarily.

For a time, Jake left it at that, but it was quite clear he was thinking over her words, trying to add to his answer. It was difficult, so very difficult, because although the wizard believed he might know what she wanted, she hadn't explicitly stated it. Right now that would have been helpful.

"I... don't know whether I can make you so, though."

The whisper that left Jake's lips hung in the air, and the wizard didn't look to see it's effects. He just waited to hear them, instead.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 pm

"I... didn't want that to ruin our friendship... "
The witch nodded her understanding, still shifting her weight on her legs uneasily, unsure of where this- whatever it was- was going. Of whether or not he'd walk out as a friend, as not a friend, if he'd walk out at all. It was a mess. He was right on one Point, this wasn't supposed to be like this because she wanted him to know what he wanted. And now she wasn't sure if he needed to hear her say it first. The words they were both dancing around. To be quite honest, through all the emotions and Need for clarity, when it came down to it, the Notion of voicing what she wanted made her feel a bit sick.

"I want you to be happy, Marilyn."
Mari sighed, pushing her hair back as she bit her lip up at him. Merlin he was ridiculous. That was all she wanted for him. At least there they were on the same page. His words made the Young woman want to list all the ways he made her happy, how he'd helped her build her life. How happy he made her by just being there.
"And I want you to be happy." she replied softly, her eyes Meeting his as her gaze softened, her affection gaining the upper Hand in her emotions.

"I... don't know whether I can make you so, though."
Eyes widening the witch shook her head even though he wasn't looking at her and the way he looked in that Moment...she'd never Forget. The witch felt a surge of Emotion in her chest and stepped Forward to meet him, facing her fears straight on as she gingerly cupped his cheek in one Hand and pulled him in for a sweet kiss, eyes closed even when it was over; brave enough to take the leap but still scared enough to not want to see the fall.
"Jake...you will always be my best friend. That doesn't mean" her voice struggled for a second as she tried to finish, "that you can't be more as well."

There it was, out in the open. But the witch did not yet feel the relief that People associated with confession, instead she rather felt like she had fallen fro,m a great height and could not see if she was going to land in pillows or rocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 5:58 pm

"And I want you to be happy."

Jake didn't know how to take that, did... the young man merely stole a glance at the witch, trying to make sense of her words as she uttered them. Of course, he got nothing because Jake had never been very good in these situations, but he was trying. For both of their sakes, he was trying his hardest.

As the witch drew closer after his last admission, Jake braced himself for what was coming next. Verbal onslaught, rejection, either one could be possible. But what the witch did, the way her hand cupped her face in a manner nothing short of reassuring, Jake could feel his whole body relax in the brief moment before her lips touched his. Closing his eyes, Jake enjoyed the all too familiar taste of the witch, a taste that though familiar he wanted to explore more. His lips moved gently, timidly against the witch's not moving away from her until she decided to pull away.

It was brief, but sweet, conveying a hundred and one words in one movement and Jake knew that perhaps... perhaps this could work.

"Jake...you will always be my best friend. That doesn't mean that you can't be more as well."

Putting his arms gently around the witch, Jake held her close,  his lips touched her forehead very lightly. "I... never thought of it that way. Being both, I mean..." Jake admitted softly, resting his head on top of hers. "I'm sorry..." He added a moment later, he'd done everything wrong, everything around the wrong way. But if the complication of feelings he was having, that were causing him a lot of trouble, were not going to compromise their friendship...

But even knowing that, Jake couldn't tell the witch precisely how he felt, because he was still coming to terms with everything. So long as he aimed at making her happy though... that could be enough for now, right?

"Can... we just..." Jake paused, leaning down to steal another kiss from the witch. Just in case she freaked or turned him down, he could at least have these moments to remember. "Just take it... slowly..." The hesitance was there in Jake's voice, not because he didn't want the witch, that was not a problem he had, but because he was terrified he would do something too soon and regret it. It might be too much to ask, Jake was not overly confident in this hazy area of relationships.

"Slowly... together, as something... more." He whispered, clarifying as he closed his eyes and breathed in the witch's smell which was more calming that he cared to admit even to himself.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:54 pm

"Can... we just..." and then he was kissing her and the witch decided she had indeed landed on pillows and she smiled into the kiss, her arms around his neck. "Just take it... slowly..."
Marilyn relaxed for the first time since she'd woken up alone in Jake's bed, listening to him speak and nodding, "I'd like that." she murmured, "both the going slow and the something more together bit." Mari smiled, kissing him again, slowly, still testing the Waters. It was only when Jagger, who had been lurking in a shadowed Corner, slowly moved out to nudge Jake on the rear that Marilyn realised that they'd probably be more comfortable sitting down, so she pulled Jake along with a smile until they were sat on the Couch.

To be quite honest, the witch could not really grasp the Situation. Jake just said...he wanted to try it. Them. And it was like a huge weight had been lifted as she gave him a soft kiss on the Couch. "Thank you." Mari murmured softly, knowing that all of this was way out of his comfort Zone and she appriciated his effort immensly.
"I don't think this will Change anything much, apart from now I can do this," she kissed his neck softly, "and not worry about freaking you out." The witch's tone was reassuring and soft. Happy. Completely and utterly happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 10:11 am

"I'd like that." she murmured, "both the going slow and the something more together bit."

When the witch agreed, relief flooded through him quicker than should probably be possible. Marilyn hadn't rejected him despite his uncertainty of the situation they were in. They made each other happy, Jake knew that much, so that was surely a bonus he could work with? However, those thoughts were lost as Marilyn pressed her lips against his a moment later, taking any doubts away as his lips pressed gently back against hers.

The nudge from Jagger made Jake jump a little, completely forgetting where they were for a moment, but coming crashing back down when the bear of a dog made his presence known. Jake followed Mari to the sofa that was pressed against the wall, sitting down with his arm around the witch, a small smile on his lips at the decision that had been made between the two of them.

"I don't think this will Change anything much, apart from now I can do this... and not worry about you freaking out."

Jake rolled his eyes slightly at the witch, putting his arms around her and pulling her close. "I only worried because I didn't... didn't want to hurt you... It's complicated." Jake muttered, enjoying the attention to his neck. He didn't mind the teasing though, the teasing made things feel... like nothing had changed.

"Do you want to teach me that dance?" He asked a moment later, his voice a mixture of suggestive tones and inquisitiveness. Whether he actively learnt or sat watching to learn, Jake was quite sure he wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 10:35 am

"I only worried because I didn't... didn't want to hurt you... It's complicated."
Marilyn turned her head to look up at him curiously between kisses to his neck, "You're not going to hurt me. Especially not by wanting to be with me." the witch reassured him. All of the agitated Tension had vanished, leaving behind an entirely different Kind of Tension that mixed with their usual comfortable familiarity. Mari could tell that he was enjoying the affection and it made her smile as she kissed up to his jaw.

"Do you want to teach me that dance?"
She smirked at the suggestive tone and teasingly poked him in the ribs before turning to face him as she pulled him up mischeivously.

"Like it that much? Do you want to jump right in or watch first?" Mari teased playfully. It was then that the warm Feeling in her chest became clear; she was happy. The witch was truly happy. And certainly relieved, because she just knew that this felt right and that they fit like puzzle pieces together, already falling in with this new rhythm they'd discovered where they could tease and tickle and talk without worrying about boundries or embarrassment.

And so they spent the rest of the evening having fun, laughing and kissing until he had to go home and both went to sleep that night with a small, satisfied  smile on their faces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)   Dance Dance Revolution (JARI) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dance Dance Revolution (JARI)
Page 1 of 1