Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help for Thana Pt 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Help for Thana Pt 2 Empty
PostSubject: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:39 am

After leaving the school for a few weeks due to personal reasons, Thana had come back. She had made her mind up, she was going to try hard and prove her new reputation. She had done as Professor Jake asked, she tried to write down something happy everyday. It had been hard, very hard. She had sent an owl to him, asking if he was able to meet the next week. He had agreed and they had set up a time.

Walking up the stairs, Thana felt nervous. She had done as he asked, but writing happy things wasn't her style. She only every kept her personal journal. Not something she shared, this diary felt like that to her. Thana knocked on the door and waited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Jake had had much too much of a hectic week, and as Thana's owl had arrived, he'd thanked Merlin for giving him a respite. A time to not think about his life and everything that was happening in it. He'd quickly sent back a reply saying he was free on Monday after lessons finished if the witch wanted to see him.

Jake had just finished packing away everything from his days lesson when the knock on the door came. "Come in, Thana." Jake called, knowing nobody else was likely to come and see him that afternoon. Slipping the files in to his, bag, Jake waited for the witch to come in and take the position they'd adopted in the previous lesson. Something which meant Jake had to quickly summon a chair from the back of the room for the Ravenclaw to sit on.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:20 pm

come in Thana Professor Jake's voice called. Thana took a deep breath and a moment to ready herself before she went in. Thana walked up to the desk that Professor Jake was sitting behind. " Afternoon Professor" she greeted to him. Professor Jake was nice, Thana probably failed all of his classes, but he was nice about it.

Thana gently put her bag down and waited for the Professor. " Would you like a fantail?" She enquired, pulling a small brown bag of them out of her backpack and offering them to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

When the witch entered, Jake gestured for her to take the seat opposite him. As the witch busied herself in her bag before producing something Jake had never heard of. Sweets by the look of it. "No thank you, I can't have those in my line of work." Jake told the witch with a smile. "But thank you. "

Giving the witch a moment to settle, Jake pulled out his notes from their previous meeting. "So tell me, Thana, what progress did you make since our last meeting? Did you get any memories written down?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 pm

"No thank you, I can't have those in my line of work." Professor Jake replied to Thana's offer, she just shrugged and put them away. "Its alright, I only have them to keep my sugar levels up" Thana replied.

"So tell me, Thana, what progress did you make since our last meeting? Did you get any memories written down?"

Thana looked doubtfully before handing the book over, on several occasions she had written in French, German, or Latin. She had to translate her writing on those days, that was the problem with being bilingual.

"Yes and no, I couldn't get one for most days..There were a few that I did though" she replied. There had been several days, wining the first Ravenclaw game. Speaking to Master Shifue, Finding out about her true family. And..her day with Apollo at Salem, on that page in the diary she had just written. "Salem Day" That was probably her happiest memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:24 pm

The comment on sugar levels Jake brushed off, health issues were dealt with by the Healers, he knew basic medical processes like most people in the world, but nothing more. There wasn't much need, it wasn't his field of choice, so it wasn't exactly relevant.

As the witch continued with what she had achieved, even though it hadn't been what he asked, Jake listened and nodded. "You were supposed to get one everyday, no matter how small." Jake reminded the witch, taking the book and turning the pages to see what the Ravenclaw had written down. He didn't want to sound stern, but the idea was to find something happy, even if inconsequential so that the witch realised just how much she was missing. But, if she didn't wish to work, that was her problem, not his.

"This is a good start." Jake told the witch after a quick scan of the page. "Can you tell me which one of these you think is the strongest?" Jake asked the witch, tapping her list with his index finger.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm

can you tell me which one you think is the strongest?

Thana listened as the Professor told her again that he wanted something everyday, she had tried really. She just didn't always find things happy.

" I think my day at Salem is the strongest one I have" Thana replied, already thinking back. She couldn't help it, a small smile crept upon her usually smile less face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:01 pm

As the witch smiled at the memory she'd stated to be the happiest, Jake knew that this was probably going to be strong enough for the witch to attempt to conjure up a Patronus. He wasn't completely sure, but it was the best they had in that moment.

"Okay, Thana, take out your wand, and then concentrate on that memory. Let it wash over you, around you. Don't think of anything else." Jake told her in a soft whisper, allowing her to hopefully drift away. "When you can feel the positivity flowing, give the spell a try. Forget I'm here, it's just you and the memory you've chosen."

With the explanation complete, Jake allowed silence to fill the room, hoping more than anything that the witch would progress today, even if it was a non-corporeal Patronus, it would be a start.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 pm

"When you can feel the positivity flowing, give the spell a try. Forget I'm here, it's just you and the memory you've chosen."

Thana thought about her day at Salem, spending it with Apollo. The view from the top of the tower, the closeness to him. How happy and safe she felt, the discussions they had.

Letting herself go into the memory she lost herself. She tried to cast the spell, she focused on the memory. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!" She said, hoping this time she would be able to create the spell.

Despite having a strong memory, Thana still couldn't manage even a whisper of a Patronus. She let the spell die down, disappointed. "I don't think it really matters Professor, I don't think my kind can produce a Patronus. " she said, still standing. "I'm sorry Professor"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:28 pm

The wait for the witch to submerge herself in to the memory was not one Jake minded. Concentration was needed in these spells until you could build it up enough to do the spell quickly. It had taken Jake a lot of practice to finally get his Patronus to work, but the achievement at the end had been well worth all the effort he'd put in.

The incantation was spoken, and yet nothing happened. Jake frowned slightly, but not so that the witch could see. However, the witch seemed to want to give in so easily. "Thana, you can't be so brash with this spell." Jake told the witch before she could leave, motioning for her to sit back down. "Calm down, you're doing fine. I didn't get the spell in my first ten attempts, and that is nothing to be embarrassed about. Merlin knows some people can never cast the spell, but that doesn't mean you should give up now."

It was true, giving up so early was not something Jake thought to be a good idea. "Now, you can either try again with another memory, or I can set you your homework for the week." Jake suggested, though there was no option to give up, because the young professor wouldn't let her.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:32 pm

"Now, you can either try again with another memory, or I can set you your homework for the week."

Thana just shook her head, it was time that the Professor knew.

"Its not as simple as that Professor, I will never be able to do a Patronus...Simply because of who I am" Thana told Professor Jake, "Its not something you would understand..But it has to do with my boggart as well Professor..." She said, awkwardly fidgeting. Wishing she was anywhere but there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 am

"Its not as simple as that Professor, I will never be able to do a Patronus... Simply because of who I am"

"Who you are?" Jake asked the witch, raising an eyebrow. Everyone was capable of creating a Patronus, despite it's complexities the professor was quite sure that given the right channel of thought and the strongest of memories, everyone could give it a shot. "Believe me, Thana, you can do anything if you want to, you just have to put your mind to it."

"Its not something you would understand.. But it has to do with my boggart as well Professor..."

Jake had to do his best not to take that as a slight at his intelligence, though he wasn't sure as to whether the witch had meant it that way. "Your Boggart is complex, I agree." Jake told the witch patiently, but, I think you're giving up too easily." He told the witch, making his thoughts quite clear. "I might not know enough to understand, but I know that quitters usually don't achieve their potential. If that's what you would like to be, I can't push you to succeed."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Believe me, Thana, you can do anything if you want to, you just have to put your mind to it."

Thana thought about his response, she was never a quitter. She made her choice. " Professor.. How many Death Eaters do you know that can produce a Patronus?" She asked of him, it wasnt something she asked often. But it was something she had to ask. Thana looked out the window and waiting for his response to the question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 pm

"Professor.. How many Death Eaters do you know that can produce a Patronus?"

"Well, I don't know any Death Eaters, so I think that that is a redundant question." Jake replied to the witch. He wasn't trying to be a smart ass, or anything, but he hadn't read up on the British epidemic enough to know everything that had happened. Victoria would have known the answer, Jake was certain of that much.

"What I do know," Jake continued before the witch cut in, holding up his hand to make it clear he wanted her to listen before she spoke. "Is that a group, and organisation, does not make everything they have, or had, your own. You might share beliefs, or talents, but essentially you're your own person. Therefore, Thana, I don't care if other Death Eaters can or cannot create Patronuses. I only care about you being able to."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:51 am

Thana listened as Professor Jake kept talking, listening to his responses.

Well I don't know many death eaters

Thana listened as Professor Jake finished, before replying. ". well you know at least one Professor......." She said, pulling off her left glove. The gloves sh always wore so she could cover both her secrets, her Dark Mark and her thousands of scars.

" I told you you wouldn't understand Professor, the reason why I don't like people, why I don't feel emotions... Why I am bored here, why I know things...

..Its because I'm not of this time, Tom Riddle killed my parents, then made me his daughter. Teaching me things, terrible things, secrets that must never be shared, curses, spells, potions, so evil and dark they were long forgotten in time. M

Magic that must never be used, languages never spoken." She said softly, not daring to look a the Professor. She was ashamed, she always had been. She hated what the Professor would think of her now, would he react the same way as Tess? Or would he simply hate her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 3:54 am

The explanation brought merely a smile of amusement to Jake's lips. The poor witch had gotten herself mixed up in a fairytale by the sounds of it. He sobered a moment later, realising he was being completely and utterly unprofessional in that moment.

"Well, Thana, truth or fable as that may be, I'm not letting you stop practicing." Jake told the witch, pushing the notebook towards her. "You'll keep trying, at least until you leave school next year, and if you still can't do it by then, I'll deem it realistic in that amount of time that you can't do it."

With that, Jake waved to the door. "I'll see you when you have more memories to show me." Jake told the witch, making it quite clear the meeting was over.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:10 am

Thana died a little more inside as the Professor said she had to keep trying. Clearly this lesson was over, but she didnt mind. " Alright Professor... I will keep trying, even if it kills me" she said, before packing up her things.

"Thanks sir, I know I'm not exactly an easy student to deal with." Thana replied, standing up and grabbing her notebook. " See you Sir," she said, leaving her extra class. This was going to be one hell of a holiday, one way or another. Thana was surprised at Professor Jakes reaction, so far he had been the best to take the news, she wondered if he was going to the ball or not. She left the floor and went outside to go find Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana Pt 2   Help for Thana Pt 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help for Thana Pt 2
Page 1 of 1