Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help for Thana? (PT 1)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Help for Thana? (PT 1) Empty
PostSubject: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:15 pm

After miserably failing her first DADA lesson, Thana quickly ran out of the room leaving everyone behind. As well as a piece of paper with one of her drawings on it, not that she noticed. She went back to her dorm which she had to herself and cried with humiliation.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/176/b/f/voldemort_charcoal_drawing_by_sampl3dbeans-d53lxqb.jpg

Dementor, Dementor, Better lock your door, Don't worry they will love you, its what being evil is for the song ran through her head over and over. She had heard it as a child, one of the death eaters used to mock her with it.

Thana hated herself for not being strong enough to conquer the Dementor, but she had spent several years locked up in Azkaban. Being only a child it hurt her, she didn't fear them she just couldn't conquer them.

Tentatively Thana thought about her options, she couldn't fail this year. Not with all the classes she was taking, she needed to keep her grades up. She thought of asking Professor Jake, and decided to go ask him.

She walked down to the DADA classroom, hoping Professor would be there it was a Monday after all. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:42 am

With March coming around, Jake was glad it was closing in on the year. There was still so much to do in the months to come, and so many things were happening in the summer, life was crazy, but he was managing. The professor had noted after the last lesson with the older years that someone had left their diary behind.

The man had not opened it, merely placing it on his desk for safe keeping. Those books were something that he did not wish to look through, a private glimpse at someone's life should not be taken against their will. Besides, with students, there were probably many and more things he didn't need or want to know.

When the knock came on the door, Jake looked up from his blank staring at the essay he was trying to mark. His mind had switched off because he was tired from the sixteen hour Quidditch match over the weekend, but with the sound of someone here, he woke up almost instantly. "Come in." Jake called towards the door, putting his quill down and closing the file to preserve the confidentiality of his students.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:11 am

Come in a voice called from the other side of the door , Thana opened the door and walked in. Noticing that the classroom was lighter than usual. March was here, so was warmer weather. It was different to Thana, she grew up in Australia as a child so she was used to that climate. A hot winter, and a cold March.

Thana noticed Professor Jake at his desk, good it meant he was here . Obviously . " Hello Professor" Thana said, " Is this a bad time because I can come back later" she offered seeing he had been marking someone's assignment. " Oh and good job on the weekend" she complimented, she had heard that Professor Jake had done a really long game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:23 am

When Thana entered the room, Jake smiled up at her. Though he didn't know much about the witch, seeing as she had been relatively quiet in most of classes, she seemed a good kid. "No, no, now is fine." Jake replied to her question, picking up his wand and flicking it towards the stacked chairs. One came to rest in front of his desk, and he waved her in to it. "Take a seat."

At the compliment in regards to the weekend, Jake waved it away, he'd never been one for the fuss of celebrity status. Especially not in the school environment, it was... verging on unprofessional.

"So what can I do for you?" Jake asked, sitting back in his seat and giving the with an encouraging smile.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:17 am

Take a seat" Professor Jake said, Thana did. She sat elegantly and purposely, as she had been taught her whole life. Upon being asked what he could do, Thana thought carefully before starting.

"Well two things possibly Professor, one I think I may of left a book here last lesson. And two, I think everybody noticed I failed with the dementor" she said to the Professor, unlike some girls she knew she didn't think of him as anything but her Professor, she knew he was a famous guy or something but didn't really care, he didnt play for the Irish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:28 am

"A book?" Jake asked, reaching for the book he'd picked up in one of his classes and moving it to the middle of his desk. "I found this, but I don't know who it belongs to. Not that I've looked. Is it yours?" He asked, trying to relax the girl. It looked private, so he'd left it closed.

"Everybody?" Jake asked, shaking his head at that idea. "Not everyone passed the class, Thana, there's no shame in that! Patronuses are the purest form of magic, the most difficult spell you will learn. Believe me, you have no shame in not managing a Patronus on your first try." The young man explained, giving her a small smile of reassurance.

"I didn't get it my first time either, you know." He added in a conspiring tone. He'd always found teachers who treated things realistically were more approachable, and he hoped knowing failure wasn't above anybody would help the witch before. "But, I can help you try to create one, if that's what you'd like?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:46 am

"I found this, but I don't know who it belongs to. Not that I've looked. Is it yours?" Professor Jake asked, pulling her book out. " Yes it is, it has a small inscription on the back. "Latevous monstranos" in good lettering" Thana said, giving a description of the back of the book in case Professor Jake wanted to make sure it was hers.

As the Professor told her he hadn't done it his first to either Thana nodded appreciatively. " I would like to be able to do a patronus" she agreed, " so if you can help it would be much appreciated" Thana told Professor Jake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:40 am

Turning the book over, Jake saw the words the witch had said and pushed it gently across the desk. "I guess it is yours then." Jake replied with a smile. He wasn't suspicious enough to find such things necessary, but it was good to know the students were keeping up a good level of security.

When Thana explained she would like for him to help her, Jake nodded at her words. "I can help you no problem. Can you tell me where you felt like you were struggling? Lots of people freeze up in the face of the Dementors, but if we can identify the problem, we can work from there. How does that sound to you?" He asked, moving the file from the desk and pulling a blank piece of paper towards him.

"What's your happy thought?" He asked, ready to make notes to go on the witch's folder.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:59 am

"What's your happy thought?" Professor Jake asked, Thana sat there, quiet. The problem wasn't the dementor itself, not really. No when Thana looked inside herself, the problem was she didn't have a happy memory.

" I think I know what the problem is Professor" Thana said, looking awkward, she was to ashamed to go any further. Instead she just looked out the window, now wishing she was somewhere else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:26 am

"I think I know what the problem is Professor"

Jake waited for the witch to elaborate on that sentence, but instead she looked away. The professor allowed her that much, everyone needed their space, and looking down at the piece of paper, Jake underlined the notion of happy thoughts.

"Was the memories your problem, Thana?" Jake asked softly. He didn't want to push her further than she wanted to go right now, but knew that there was something bothering the kid.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:48 am

Thana looked out of the window, her mind a million miles away. Right now she wished she was anyone but here. "Was the memories your problem, Thana?".   Professor Jake asked, Thana looked back at her Professor, she owed him that respect.

" Don't think of me as weak Professor, for I am many things but weak isnt one of them." Thana told him , "My memories have never been ones I enjoyed, they were either horrific, terrible or simply didnt matter.. My family didnt believe in emotions, the only one I ever strived on was anger" She said to her Professor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 am

"Don't think of me as weak Professor, for I am many things but weak isn't one of them."

"Nobody in my classes are week, Thana." Jake reassured the witch softly, anyone who took Defence Against the Dark Arts showed one thing. That they were willing to step in to a class and face their worst fears, even if that meant failing. "And it shows a lot of courage to come back and try to take on one of your fears again."

With Thana explaining that she didn't have any happy memories, Jake nodded slowly. The knowledge of her family not being good with emotions was a surprise, but Jake didn't let that show. The witch before him needed support, not reactions. "Well, happy memories don't have to be from your past, they can be from the now." Jake tried to explain, hoping the witch would let him explain before cutting in. "Tell me about your Hogwarts life. Maybe there are some good things about how you're living now?" He prompted.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 8:53 am

Thana listened as the Professor went on, telling her she wasn't weak and that perhaps she could have some happy memories now. Thana let him talk, doubting very much there would be much for her to be happy about, even now.

Thana thought for a while, what did she have at Hogwarts ? "To be honest Professor I'm only here because I don't have a choice" Thana told him, " there's not really a lot to go for, school , sleep, school, sleep" She answered to the Professor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 9:07 am

"To be honest Professor I'm only here because I don't have a choice"

Jake wasn't surprised by the initial response. Teenagers were nothing short of moody, he'd been the same once upon a time. But, Jake salvaged all his patience for the witch before him, because she needed him. "You're thinking narrowly, Thana." Jake told her softly, leaning forward.

"What about the people here? Your friends? The opportunities you get? You're on the Quidditch team, right? How about the feelings that come with that?" He asked, trying to prompt her. "What else do you do around school? What do you like doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 9:16 am

."What about the people here? Your friends? The opportunities you get? You're on the Quidditch team, right? How about the feelings that come with that?"     Professor Jake asked, Thana smiled inwardly to herself. She wasn't one for friends, not really. There were people she could tolerate more than others, but no actual friends or so she thought.

As for quidditch, that was more a necessity to Thana, " The only reason I signed up for the quidditch team was to get Professor Lucas off my back, he like most  people here has a problem that I was happiest alone without anyone to annoy me because I have a habit of not liking ..... living things for company" Thana told the Professor, it was true. Her favourite place was often cemeteries, or animals that couldn't talk to her.

"I am sorry I don't mean to sound rude, but.. Happiness is t an emotion I have experienced" Thana apologised, she didn't mean to sound like a..well like a bitch. " For my whole life I was taught emotions were weaknesses, friends were a weakness and enjoyment in doing things were pointless"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 am

Jake listened to the witch explain that she'd only done Quidditch out of... well pressure, was the only way Jake could explain it. He made no comment on a member of staff putting pressure on students, that was Mycroft's place, not his. And there hadn't been any notion of friends the witch had.

This was becoming difficult.

"For my whole life I was taught emotions were weaknesses, friends were a weakness and enjoyment in doing things were pointless"

"Okay. And now, do you still believe that to be true?" Jake asked softly, because if she did, then they were going to have to start from a very different angle. Jake wasn't sure he was qualified for that angle, but he could try to help the witch before him.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:49 am

To be honest Thana didn't know how she felt anymore. About anything really, she had just found out about her parents. Then she had received her inheritance then found out she was a pure blood.

"To be honest Professor I don't know, I honestly don't . Little things mean a lot to me now, things that didn't before. I ... There are a few people I have started to appreciate, people I like talking to." Thana replied, this was difficult for her. This area of talking wasn't one Thana was used to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 am

It was a slow process, but finally Jake seemed to be getting somewhere. He let a small smile touch his lips when the witch explained that there were some small things that she liked. "Okay, that's good! We can work with that!" Jake assured the witch, allowing a moment for him to collect his thoughts on the subject, Jake wrote down what she'd said underneath the title he'd written earlier.

"So tell me about the people who you like talking to." Jake prompted. "Some of the things you've done, which if they're against the rules, this is purely confidential and I won't get you in trouble for. We'll find a happy memory in and amongst that, perhaps."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Thana listened as Professor Jake said it was good that there were a few things she liked, then asked what they were. She couldn't help it, a ghost of a smile touched her lips. There were a few things she had done that she found nice.

Thana thought about what she had done, she had showed her ability to Skye made a companion out of him. Started to train Tess in Waterbending, bought a castle that she was turning into a Library and Lolly shop all for Lolly Lou. Let alone how often she snuck out to go and visit people, either in the Forbidden Forest or at a few places she knew.

"Sir if I told you I doubt you would believe me." Thana said to Professor Jake, she didn't care about the rules that she had broken. She cared that it wasn't well known where she went.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

"Sir if I told you I doubt you would believe me."

"Perhaps not, Thana, but I am willing to try to believe you, how's that?" Jake suggested, giving the witch a small smile. True, he hadn't exactly been one for trouble when he was at school, but he'd had his fair share of adventures over the years.

"You give me the benefit of the doubt, and I'll do the same to you. Besides, I can only help you if I have something to work with. A closed book is helpful to nobody, wouldn't you say?" The professor explained, smiling more to himself at the sage words of wisdom he'd just spoken.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 3:39 am

"You give me the benefit of the doubt, and I'll do the same to you. Besides, I can only help you if I have something to work with. A closed book is helpful to nobody, wouldn't you say?" Professor Jake replied to Thana, she didn't know what to say. She thought carefully, how much was she willing to admit to?

Thana thought hard, her eyebrows furrowing. "I think......my favourite thing to do..." she started, she didn't want to continue. Thana doubted if Professor Jake would believe her anyway. "My favourite thing to do is run with the .... Wolves...the Werewolves.'' Thana told him, subconsciously scratching her arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:58 pm

"My favourite thing to do is run with the .... Wolves...the Werewolves."

In his wildest dreams Jake probably wouldn't have thought that that would have been what Thana would have told him. It was dangerous, in the very least, and as far as he was aware, there weren't werewolves in and around Hogwarts. That said, it wasn't impossible to be done, so he simply nodded at her words. Lectures could be given by other teachers, but he was quite sure the witch before him knew what she was getting herself in to.

"So, as your favourite thing to do, lets see if we can find a strong positive memory in there that you could use. It doesn't have to be big, or important, just strong memory. Does anything spring to mind?" Jake asked, trying to provide her with ideas as to what she could focus on right now.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm

"So, as your favourite thing to do, lets see if we can find a strong positive memory in there that you could use. It doesn't have to be big, or important, just strong memory. Does anything spring to mind?"

She thought hard, she found a memory..But there was another problem..One she wasn't ready to admit to. Only one Death Eater had been able to conjur a Patronus, Severus Snape. Thana wondered if it was even possible for her to be able to create one.

"Professor...I have one..I think..It's not happy as such...But it's a really strong one..The strongest emotion I have felt" Thana told Professor Jake. She hoped it would be enough..But she still had her doubts.

Last edited by Thana Semele on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:52 am

Jake didn't acknowledge the facts of the wolves and werewolves running around Hogwarts grounds. He was quite sure the Headmaster would know about such things, but perhaps he could send a note to make sure. After all, the kids here needed to stay safe from harm as much as possible.

When Thana picked out a strong memory, Jake smiled at her encouragingly. "Okay, you don't have to tell me what it is, how about you try to cast using that memory?" Jake asked, his tone encouraging, yet not pushy as he tried to get the witch before him to give it another try. Not with a Dementor, because that was difficult to say the least. "It doesn't matter if you don't make a corporeal one today, we can work on it." Jake added, making sure she knew there wasn't any pressure on her in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:59 am

"Okay, you don't have to tell me what it is, how about you try to cast using that memory?"

Thana just looked, this wasn't going to be easy. She knew that much, but she still wanted to give it a go. "Okay Professor" she said getting up. It wasn't exactly a happy memory, quite the opposite. But it was a strong one, one that she felt.

Thana got up and pulled out her wand, she knew the spell needed. She focused on the memory. Letting it overflow her. Expecto Patronum! she said, casting the spell once she was ready. Once again she tried. She really did. But once again got nowhere.

Not even a flicker came out of her wand, no spark no...well nothing. She kept trying for a few minutes, knowing in her heart that it wasn't going to work. She stopped the spell, knowing that she had failed. Yet again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help for Thana? (PT 1)   Help for Thana? (PT 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Help for Thana? (PT 1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next