Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4 Empty
PostSubject: Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4   Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:29 am

For his last lesson, Lucas decided to test what he had taught. He arrived at his class and wrote on the board.

He went around and handed out paper for the lesson.

Quiz for final lesson. Worth 15 points. Please answer the following questions.

1 What were the 3 original aims of the first Alchemists? (3 pts)

2 Who achieved two of the 3 aims and when did they die? (2 pts)

3 What is the branch of Alchemy that studies plants called? (1 pt)

4 Write a short paragraph on one of the experiments you have done. ( 7 pts)

Please ensure that you have your homework with you, and if you missed any class your catch up work.

Lucas finished writing on one board. he sat down and waited for his class to begin. .

Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4   Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 8:34 am

Natasha walked into Alchemy and saw that a test paper had been laid out for them to complete. She'd expected it and of course, studied for the course. She never left tests to chance. She sat down at her desk, took out her quill and began to answer.

1 What were the 3 original aims of the first Alchemists? (3 pts) The three original aims were primarily to create the elixir of life, remedy disease (panacea) and transform ordinary metals to gold.

2 Who achieved two of the 3 aims and when did they die? (2 pts) Nicholas Flamel, who died in 1992.

3 What is the branch of Alchemy that studies plants called? (1 pt) Spagyric

The experiment I completed was turning stones to gems. Briefly, it was mimicking the natural processes of such occurrences, and forcing it to happen quickly. For the easy version, you need the correct minerals, water, a cauldron and the hot air charm, used extensively to pressurise the minerals together. The harder version involves transforming ordinary minerals into the minerals needed before the rest of the procedure.

With the test done, she set aside her quill.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4   Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 8:56 am

When Violet entered the room and saw that there was a test, she sighed a little, sat down and got to work. The questions were probably the easiest, straight from the textbook, and experience. And if one had simply read through the book, they'd get them. Luckily, she had, though she had considered not doing so. Now there was a test, she was glad she had taken the time to flick through it.

1 What were the 3 original aims of the first Alchemists? (3 pts)
-Create panacea
-Transform metals into gold
-Create the elixir to life-everlasting

2 Who achieved two of the 3 aims and when did they die? (2 pts) Nicholas Flamel, who died in 1992.

3 What is the branch of Alchemy that studies plants called? (1 pt) Spagyric

Last lesson, I purified iron ore. It was easy enough and took pretty much no time. The process consisted of melting down solid parts of iron, and then making and adding a solution to precipitate the impurities with in it. One this was done, the impurities were scraped from the surface, or settled at the bottom of the cauldron, and the iron was poured into a mould to re-set.

Easy enough for Violet.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4   Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:06 am

Lucas watched as his two regular students came in and did their tests. Sighing as it was only the two. "Thankyou girls for the year, I do hope you enjoyed it. I enjoyed teaching the two of you" Lucas told them. Marking their exams. "Well I do have some news....You both tied for first place in the exams. Your results are the same. Congratulations. Also this was your scores.

Violet Lynch. 24 points. 14 for the exam + 10 for participation.

Natasha Stone,. 24 points. 14 for the exam + 10 for participation.
" Lucas told the two girls. "Since you both did so well in the year, plus it is the last lesson. I am giving you each extra points. Bringing you both up to 30. Also Miss Violet I must congratulate you, you claimed top of the class this year. Not only in your class but from both combined. Congratulations. I shall send you an owl shortly, regarding a few things. Congratulations to both of you, Natasha you did very well as well. I shall see you both next year, and at the ball. Enjoy your holidays!"

*Class Dismissed*

N/A
N/A
Natasha Stonem. 30 pts.
Violet Lynch. 30 pts.

Hufflepuff. 30 pts.
Ravenclaw 30 pts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4   Alchemy Class 3 Years 1-4 Empty

Back to top Go down