Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letters to Alys (Alys)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

Letters to Alys (Alys) Empty
PostSubject: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:55 am

Dear Alys,

I swear, if my trip here was any indication of how the rest of this trip is going to go, I'm turning around and coming home right now. You would not believe the turmoil I went through, just on the trip here! The kid kicking my seat, I dealt with with a teeny tiny hex (don't tell his mum), the couple that joined the mile high club, in the bathroom, the entire flight, I put up with (honestly, I need to try that some time and so should you and lover boy), but airport security really could have done without harassing me on my way out. Again. Seriously, that incident happened a while ago! On the other side of the country! Why in the Herbert am I being tortured for protecting myself from people who wanted to kill me??!! I'm going to stop using airplanes to fly. I think I'm going to update my broom and ride that around, when I need to get somewhere. Ugh!

I do have good news. Grandmum got us an owl. She named him Herbert (clever right?). This way, it's easier to get our letters back and forth. As for my travels, to begin she set me up for a class at some university, taught by some fabulous Herboligist-her words- that I used to know when I was really little. My gut says there's something off about this; I'm tempted to just blow it off. Probably not the best idea, huh? I'll let you know what happens.

Give my darling Shiera my love. You take some too and I guess you can share with Lover boy. You two should get to work on another Godchild for me. Haha you're blushing!  Grandmum and Papa send their love too and you should see Grandmum next month, she'll be visiting Papa and said that she'll drop by to take pictures for me.

All my love!
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Letters to Alys (Alys) Full-gemma-ward-761674480
Alys D. Zeverai

Dearest Zara,

I'm so happy to hear from you. And no, I do not regret telling you to write me the minute you land in the US. I wish I could have come with you but someone needs to look after the brood in Austria. Also, just so you know, Terragon was reading your letter over my shoulder and he looks absolutely appalled at what you insinuated he and I should do in an aeroplane bathroom. Herbert Zara, what if Shiera had gotten her hands on the letter (and somehow leaned to read...)

Though we did end up making Shiera on a cruise ship while honeymooning...

The Americans have always been touchy about airport security, and even then they get attacked. There is something to be said about the organizations of us Germans, even with our somewhat titular past.

Its good to hear that you got an owl, and Herbert is of course the perfect name. I swear some days I look at Shiera and I think that her first word isn't going to be "Mama" or "Papa" but "Herbert". Tarragon may never forgive me if that happens and Mrs. Hudson needs only another reason to hate me.

As for another godchild, go get one on your ebay internet site because I can officially not even take care of one. I know I whined about it when she was born but your god daughter is even more work now that she's growing older. I haven't slept through a full night in weeks because Frauline Zeverai has decided she needs a feeding every three hours. Every three hours, Zara! And when I do manage to stumble and struggle out of bed (somehow these wailing sessions never disturb Tarragon) to give her her milk, she takes a dainty ladylike sip and then goes back to sleep. Its like her entire purpose of existence is to ensure I never get any rest. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was conspiring with Mrs. Hudson to talk me into getting a wet nurse and a nanny but I stand firm. No child of mine will be raised away from me even if it kills me.

Which it probably will very soon.

Please tell grandmum that she was a perfect joy to be around when she came over last week. Shiera absolutely adores her and she brought over way too many presents. This princess is spoiled enough as it is with her Papa buying anything and everything in sight for her so I have to be the evil parent who is in charge of discipline and taking things away to teach her that not all children grow up as blessed as her. I can't believe she will be two years old soon, how did we even get to this age, Zara?

Best of luck at your university course, remember to be nice and make friends. Do not annoy anyone, I am dead serious!

Lots of love (and sloppy kisses from Shiera)

Alys

PS: Tarragon says Hi, since he knows I won't come to bed until I finish writing you this novel!
Back to top Go down
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:04 am

Dear Alys,

It's 3 o'clock in the morning, I have a lesson in four hours, and I just can't sleep. Yes, I had a nightmare. No, it wasn't as bad as usual. It was only corpses, hanging around behind my eyelids. At least they weren't chasing me, this time. Mum was there.. The meditation just didn't work this time, so I'm writing you early.

Herbert Alys, Shiera will have to find out sometime where she came from. Don't, for a minute, think that I believe that Tarragon is appalled by the idea. Have you forgotten that I know the both of you very well? For Herbert's sake, Shiera was conceived on a cruise ship! As for my darling little trouble maker, Papa says that it's the beginning of the "Terrible Twos". He said that I did the same to him and Mum and and drove the both of them batty. Grandmum says that its hilarious, by the way. She suggests just letting her cry and she'll fall back to sleep eventually. The idea is appalling to me, which shows how spoiled that baby truly is. For the record, I will be insanely proud if Shiera's first word is Herbert, and honestly Mrs. Hudson and Tarragon can shove it up their Herbert if they have a problem with it.

You should know that EBay does not sell Godchildren that are nearly as adorable as you and Lover boy make them. And, really, I'd rather have one from someone that I know and love.

I don't know how we got this age. It seems like only yesterday that I tripped over my trunk and stumbled my way into the Muhe girls dormatory, spouting Herberts left and right. I was told, just yesterday, that I was supposed to be a professional. When did that happen?

Speaking of.... I now know why I was dreading that class that Grandmum signed me up for. Apparently, this fabulous Herbologist is Azalea Harrington. Son of a Herbert! I don't know if I've ever told you that story but we used to go to Muggle school together, way back before Mum died and we used to spend nearly an entire year in the States. I don't remember exactly why we didn't like each other but I do know that we were both brats. And, of course, seeing her again just brought that right out of me. I tried to be nice, I really did! I called her Professor and everything! But, you know how much I love to annoy people that I don't like. I know, I know. You're going to tell me that I don't know who she is now and that I should give her a chance before I condemn her as the person she used to be blah, blah, blah. All I can say is that I'll try. Only for you, though. She'll probably end up failing me anyway.

The sun is rising now and I hear a giant pot of coffee calling my name. Tell Tarragon that I said hello back and to quit reading over your shoulder unless he wants to read something about me that he does not want to know. He has been warned. Give Shiera my love and Mrs. Hudson a swift kick in the Herbert for not loving you the way the rest of us do.

All my love,
Zara
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Dearest Zara,

Sorry for the late reply, as it turns out, Christmas and New Year are a lot more hectic when you have a child who's on the brink of understanding what the holidays are. Last year Shiera was too little to know the difference between Christmas and National Squirrel Awareness week but this year, no sooner than mid december rolled in did I find my sweet princess pointing to stockings Mrs. Hudson had hung by the fireplace with that look on her face - you know, the look she gets when we're out and she points at something she wants, immediately followed by her Papa getting said thing for her.

Yes Zara, our little girl has learned the true meaning of the holidays, materialism and gluttony. Tarragon simply laughs it off because his little girl can never have any faults and Mrs. Hudson assures me that all little kids are like that, but neither of them see that I now have to go the extra mile and do all the holiday stuff including keeping up the cheer which, after a night of feedings, tossing and turning, worrying about Shiera in her cot because I just knew she wasn't ready to sleep on her own yet, Herbert Mrs. Hudson and her Herbert all advice I can only dredge up by keeping myself alive on muggle Red Bull.

But at least things are now marginally less quiet and I have a spare minute to write down the jumbled up mess that is my life these days. Seriously, why do they not teach this in sex education? STD's are nowhere near as scary as actually raising a child.

The story of you tripping over your trunk is the stuff of legends, my darling. I will pass it down to my daughter who will pass it down to hers and that story will travel down the Zeverai line for generations.

Sweetheart, do you want me to send along some dreamless sleep potion. I know you can get the watered down variety in the US but I can send you the good stuff - another perk of marrying into pure blood, customs, borders and security checks don't apply to our mail - that i home brew, much to Mrs. Hudson's disgust.

Tarragon and I are off to a charity gala tonight. The new children's wing at St. Alva is opening tonight and since Tarragon donated much of what went into launching it, its being named after the family so i can't skip. I can't decide between my green gown and my cream one. Mrs. hudson says cream so naturally i'm leaning towards green.

Give my love to grandmum and tell her we all miss her, and you of course. Papa is fine here as well, I managed to sneak in a visit last week and apart from missing you, he's perfectly alright.

Lots of love

Alys (and Tarragon and Shiera too)
Back to top Go down
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:20 am

My Dearest Alys,

I literally just received your letter and poor Herbert will be flying again as soon as he wakes up. I would love you forever and ever (more than I do already, if that's possible) if you would send some of your dreamless sleep potion along. Its the elixir of all Herberts. I swear, yours is probably the best there is, all of your potions are, and Mrs. Hudson can take her opinions and shove it up her Herbert.  I tried whipping one up, myself, and it ended up blowing up in my face. Literally. Burnt the ends of my hair! I should probably start practicing again, instead of relying on Grandmum.

Ah, my precious Shiera. She's so smart for such a wee one. I regret that I had to miss spending the holidays with her. Oh, and you too, of course. I have a feeling that I'll be making up for that my first visit in the coming year.

All kidding aside, it sounds like you could use a break. So, I have planned myself a break, in a few months, to visit and take my darling Goddaughter off of your hands. Grandmum is going to pop me over there, between Bloodwork classes, and then I'll be visiting Papa. I will be swiping Shiera for that trip and Lover Boy and yourself can have nearly a week to do what you need too. Like sleep. Before I leave, though, I will be swiping you and we will leave Tarragon to tame the young beast while we shop. (I'm buying a new broom and I don't trust the internet or these overpriced shops here)

Oh, I do hope that you wore the green dress. Trash what Mrs. Hudson said, green looks marvelous on you.

Give Shiera some sloppy kisses, for me, and Tarragon a swat on his arm, just because.

All my love,
Zara

Last edited by Zara Staudt on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My stupid smart phone...)
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:40 am

Dear Ms. Staudt,

We regret to inform you that your best friend, the woman formerly known as Alys Zeverai (nee Diederich) is dying. Though doctors might claim otherwise and say it simply is a case of fatigue that rest will cure, we can assure you that we have the full story. We can conclude that the almost former Mrs. Zevera is bedridden and only leaves said bed to vomit the contents of her empty stomach every few hours.

We also have sources that confirmed the young mothers' illness does nothing to relieve her of her duties of being a young mother. Her daughter, Shiera Zeverai, was last seen jumping on her bed and insisting that she wants to ride her new pony (we've been told the prodigious Mr. Zeverai actually bought his two year old a pony against his wife's wishes after the young heiress was enamoured with a horse during a recent polo match her father represented Austria in).  Responses from Mrs. Zeverai were unclear as she was trying to grumble but failing due to exhaustion.

Mrs. Hudson, long time Zeverai housekeeper and mortal enemy of Alys has yet to show any sympathy for the young wife and mother, claiming that women in her day would have been up and about working with worse conditions. Alys refused to comment on this mostly due to the fact that her baby daughter was still in the room and because Shiera is now smart enough to know what "Herbert" is a substitute for.

Her final coherent words however were not of misery as would befit a twenty two year old about to meet her maker. No, she simply requested for a pen and paper to write to her friend in the US because at least lying sick in bed, she has time to do this sort of thing. She also requests that should she still be alive by the time you get here, the shopping trip as well as taking Shiera for a week will be so much more appreciated than anything else you could ever get her.

In closing, she wishes you the best with your university courses and reminds you how enormously proud she is of your for deciding to continue your studies even if it means being away from her. She would like you to know that you are an amazing person and the bestest best friend anyone could have, even when hyped up on coffee.

She also requests that after she dies, would you please look after her darling daughter and give her all the love in the world even thought she is a brat most of the time.

Signing of from her early grave with all her love.

Alys

PS: Whoever said we were too dramatic back in school should get a load of this
Back to top Go down
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 pm

My Dearest Alys,

No! How could I ever live without my partner in crime! This is not acceptable! Mrs. Zeverai will not be dying on my watch. Since the evil Mrs. Grumps-a-lot (aka Mrs. Hudson) will not take care of my beloved sister-from-another-mister, it is my duty to step in! I shall send Grandmum along baring gifts of chocolate, my Homemade Chicken Soup, that you love so much, and a swift slap in the back of the head for a certain Mr. Zeverai who went against my beloved Alys' wishes (even though I'm thinking "Awwww, Shiera has a pony! I should take her riding.").

Have no fear, Zara will be there soon to save the day! You will be well and back to riding my Herbert about trying to get Shiera on a broom before her pony. (It will happen. With Tarragon on my side, it's two to one. ) I have to go, Love. I'm running late for lunch with Señora Maria. Please, I beg you to hold on just a bit longer. Do not go towards the light!

All my Love,
Zara

P.S. Honestly, everyone in school learned to expect nothing less than dramatic...from both of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters to Alys (Alys)   Letters to Alys (Alys) Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters to Alys (Alys)
Page 1 of 1