Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition

Go down 
+3
David Shuter
Michael Livingston
Azalea Harrington
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition Empty
PostSubject: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:58 am

Her very first class at the university and to her own surprise, Azalea wasn't nervous. The workspace she'd been provided was more than ample. But more than that, the list of students she'd been furnished with included a lot of familiar names, automatically putting the witch at ease.

Turning the huge lecture hall into a more comfortable room with plush sofas and worktables had been easy enough. The place no longer looked like a classroom but a cross between a well liked library and a science lab. Might as well get the young adults used to the working environment, the witch figured.

The most interesting aspect of the classroom however lay in the middle, on a beige rug. A lifeless body positioned spread eagle and facedown, blood still seeping out of a nasty jagged scar stretching between its shoulder blades.

With an anticipatory gleam in her eyes, Azalea took a seat on a floor cushion a few feet away from the body, happily flicking through her files as she waited for her students to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Michael Livingston
Unsorted
Michael Livingston

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Michael was nothing short of buzzing with excitement. It reminded him of his first day at Salem; the nervous butterflies and the feeble attempts at making himself look presentable for his potential classmates. His stomach settled a little though when he reminded himself that it was Azalea Harrington who would be taking them for the class, and though they may be on slightly more formal terms than he was used to, a familiar face would never be a bad thing in the boy's eyes.

Punctuality was the first thing on his mind. He made sure to be early, not just on time. He walked into the lecture hall and to say he was a little confused would be a little bit of an understatement. He'd expected rows of desks, not sofas. Still, that was Azalea's way as he remembered it to be. Comfortable.

"Morning," he greeted her with a grin, taking the moment to look around the room again. It was a cross between a . He was taken aback, however, by the body lying on the floor, and he looked between the woman and the bleeding specimen before him. "What terms are we on here- is it Professor?" he asked. "And uh-... Do I want to know what you did to the poor soul over there?" A light smile accompanied the enquiry.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

David was taking this classes, not because he had too, but because he wanted to, for once in his life, he was CHOOSING to learn. He thought about Shiva as he walked the halls of the university, making his way to the class taught by his old herbology professor.

He walked into the classroom, giving a side glance at the body, not at all fazed by it.. he had seen too many lifeless bodies in his time. His mother, people at lugarmago, The Quidditch match. he sighed at the memories, before looking at his professor.

"Hello Azalea.. er.. I mean Professor Harrington.. I can't believe I still have to call you professor" He smiled slightly, even though it was not really a happy environment. "That..er.. isn't a real person, correct?" he gestured to the body
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyTue May 20, 2014 4:07 pm

To be honest Gavin was a bit excited about his first class at University, even more so because it was being taught by Azalea. He'd had enough experience with the woman's teaching styles to feel as if it would help his transition a bit to be working closely with someone he knew. It helped alot as well that the subject he was personally familiar with, having done work with his own blood.

Walking into the lecture hall he immediately smiled at the set up and walked down to the front row and plopped down in in one of the bean bags looking at his two classmates. Micheal he recognized from Salem and he sent a smile and a wave in his direction. "Hey Micheal, good to see you again." The other male Gavin assumed must have gone to Hogwarts, he was pretty sure he'd remember a boy that looked like that wandering the halls. Giving him a bit of a wave Gavin turned his attention to Azalea. "And a very special hello to you too Miss Harrigto--" and then Gavin noticed the body besides her and it was all he could do to keep from having a panic attack. He'd seen a lot of dead bodies in Spain, but still didn't think he'd ever be prepared for it.

Really the fact that in their first lecture she'd brought a dead body shouldn't have been a surprise. This was the same woman that affectionately referred to Devil's Snare. The red head was a little more concerend with the marking on the man's back. 'If that was the cause of death he could have easily been saved' He pondered the exact nature of the scar as he pulled out a norebook preparing himself for the days lesson.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Waters
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Scarlett Waters

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyWed May 21, 2014 9:17 am

Scarlett had been so excited at the thought of university that she had signed up for all the classes available. While learning about blood was of course useful in being an auror, it wasn't necessary, so she took the class because it did interest her. She walked into the classroom, happy to begin learning "Morning," she said.

Her eyes fell on the body on the beige rug in the middle of the room "What happened to that poor bloke?" she asked as she took a seat. She assumed it was a real body, as they were studying blood.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:14 am

"Morning,"

"Hi Michael," Azalea greeted the former Belladonna, a warm smile on her face. "And its Azalea, I will feel really old if you call me Professor," the witch added, ignoring his question about the body for the moment.

"Hello Azalea.. er.. I mean Professor Harrington.. I can't believe I still have to call you professor"

"Hi David," she greeted the next student happily, glad to see the former Gryffindor was keeping well. "And no, you don't have to call me anything but Azalea here," she reassured him, watching more familiar faces enter the room.

"Scarlett nice to see you, and no Gavin, don't look at the body like that, its only a simulation, no one got hurt," she added as she saw the ginger boy taking in the specimen on the floor.

"Well, we might as well get started," she said cheerily, turning to the others. "So welcome to Bloodwork 101, you can all just call me Azalea so I don't feel ninety," she spoke, amusement clear in her sparkling brown eyes.

"So we have two beginning healers in the room and two new aurars, a good mix. Lets see if you four can examine the body and tell me how you think this poor dummy met its unfortunate end," the witch posed, the hint of a smile carving her lips. "Cause of death, time of death, was it an assault, from what angle? Go nuts and theorize, I just want to see what you come up with."
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:09 pm

David smiled at Azalea "Cool" he stated simply, before flashing a small smile at His fellow Auror 'Fancy seeing you here Scarlett.". He then turned his attention back to the body.

he was glad when he heard the words 'dummy', and not person or body. However, when they were told to come up with all this stuff, he panicked for all of about 3 seconds, till he realized he was not alone. He had help. So he was the first to knell down by the body "Well, judging from what i see at first glance, the cause of death was blood loss. Of course that could be wrong, since this wasn't the crime scene, we have no idea how much blood was really lost." He mused quietly, before he continued saying "Since blood is still seeping out of the would, time of death would be with in the last 24 hours.." He then turned to the healers and said "You guys are trained better in this stuff, do you have any better ideas?"

He then stood up and stepped back and said to Scarlett "Do you know any everyday objects that could cause that sort of cut by accident?" he was piecing together the scene in his head. The guy walking home late at night, when suddenly..something happened. Could it be someone who snuck up on him seeking revenge? that would explain the jagged cut, or did something fall on him? causing the face first eagle spread? He had already stuck his neck out for the first few things, and wasn't about to do all the work and risk getting it all wrong.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Waters
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Scarlett Waters

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyTue May 27, 2014 8:15 am

Now, Scar found this task extremely interesting. She listened as David already began to list off observations about the blood, and starting forming her own observations.

"Since blood is still seeping out of the would, time of death would be with in the last 24 hours.."

"Less time than that," Scar murmured, mostly to herself "Blood dries rather quickly. So the fact that it's still seeping out, and looks fresh should mean that it was really recent. And if it were a real body, you'd be able to see more accurately the blood. And how long it had been there because of the colour of its skin, particularly lips and nails, and the waxiness of the skin," she added.

"Do you know any everyday objects that could cause that sort of cut by accident?"

"A cut like that's no accident," she said "Most likely a knife, or another sharp object. I guess the fact that it's jagged means that there was some sort of struggle. It wasn't clean straight in and out, it looks like it was dragged across," she added.
Back to top Go down
Michael Livingston
Unsorted
Michael Livingston

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:11 am

The brunet frowned to himself upon scanning the body, taking a few steps back and forth to try and get a view of the angle. The first boy to speak up did have some kind of point, it had been recent, but far more so than he suggested. Michael listened to the blonde girl's theorising, his brain already whirring away with possibilities, some slightly more bizarre than others. He remembered Angel telling him of her return to the human world and the loss of her wings, an experience that didn't seem all too pleasant, and that kind of idea was the most predominant of his thoughts.

The Scarlett girl seemed to know what she was talking about, and the training healer listened to her, rather impressed by her knowledge. Although... "If it was an assault, wouldn't there be more injuries? Facial, or on his arms and legs? You wouldn't not try to get away, unless you were hoping they'd leave off..." He spoke quietly, so much so that he was sure none of his classmates had heard him. That was a promising thought, though, in some ways. He didn't want to be wrong.

"I'd assume he had something that someone else wanted. The cut... more precise if it was just a stabbing. From behind or from the side, though," he murmured. "A frenzy. Looks more like the attacker was a little bit miffed, if you ask me, but I could be wrong..."
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:52 am

David shrugged and shook his head "I said within twenty four hours because that is the most it could be. I obviously think it was sooner than that.. but I am not healer, so i would not know. It is the aurors job to fond the murderer, not to determine time of death, that's this guys job" He said with a smile.

As micheal and Scarlett spoke of the Assualt David nodded. "That was why i was suggesting maybe it was an accident. However, the man could have been drugged, which would render him unable to defend himself. But the way of the cuts suggest a newbie, someone who had not experienced killing before. The jagged cuts were because he was shaking and / or did not expect the resistance of the skin." He said thoughtfully.

He then considered Micheal's statement on the motive. "there is always a chance, however, if this is exactly how the body was found.. he doesn't look like he was searched, and if the murderer asked for something before hand, there would be more defensive marks. Or at least some defensive marks. I think this attack was a surprise attack from behind, the man did not have time to fight back before he died."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:46 am

From his seat Gavin ran his hands through his hair to slick the curly mop of copper locks back as he slipped on his glasses. It'd be a lie if he said that the fact that it wasn't a real body didn't relieve him just a little bit. He sat back and listened to his classmates theorize about the man and the scar before offering up his own opinion. "I agree with Micheal there are too few wounds for there to have been a struggle. But the cut while jagged was done with some amount of precision, almost as if it were done deliberately to inflict the maximum amount of pain. My guess is torture."

He'd seen plenty of that while he was in Spain and the mere thought brought a shiver to his spine. He couldn't for the life of him understand what would drive a person to do that to someone. But then again Gavin could hardly understand why anyone would do anything mean at all.
Back to top Go down
Sadie Taylor
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Sadie Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyThu May 29, 2014 5:33 am

Sadie then slipped in the back of the classroom. She knew that she was running late, and that was because she was dealing with a student. When she looked up, she seen that Azalea was teaching the class. Sadie at least knew that this wasn't going to be boring. When she was finished with Salem she was glad no more classes. But she then remember that she would have to take some for being a healer. That was when she knew that she was never going to stop learning. There was always going to be some new thing that she need to learn for her field.

She knew that Azalea had already started so she was going to do her best to catch up. And she would have to find someone later.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:37 pm

For the most part, Azalea was content watching as her students worked together to figure out what had befallen the unfortunate dummy. Their answers were not what mattered, it was more important that they felt free to throw around ideas and support their points. Azalea was more interested in seeing what they could come up with then who got the answer right and their investigative nature was certainly showing as each student took a crack at the body in the middle of the room.

As Sadie entered, running a little late, the brunette smiled towards her.

"Hi Sadie, thanks for joining us," Azalea called out, gesturing towards the bloody body and the others speculating around it. "Would you like to give it a try. its still bleeding so your classmates think the death is very fresh."
Back to top Go down
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Zara ran as fast as she could, when she spotted the door to her class, cursing herself for slacking off on her morning jogs. She really needed to work on this punctuality thing that Alys always nags her about. In all honesty, she could have made it on time had she not been dragging her feet all morning, trying to figure out why she was dreading the class.

She stood at the door, for a moment, composing herself (so she didn't trip and make a complete fool of herself) and listening to the other students interact with each other. After taking a deep breath she slid into the back of the room, taking in it's comfortable look. Her eyes landed on the body, that the other students were surrounding, and they widened. Her bag hit the floor and, involuntarily, her mind replaced the image with one of her mom. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them again, looking for the professor and hoping no one had noticed her little "incident". Zara's amber eyes landed on a familiar face, on the other side of the body.

"Holy Herbert," she exclaimed, grabbing everyone's attention, "Zaley??!! You're the professor?!" Her eyes momentarily flicked down, in slight embarrassment, when she heard her own voice-her thick German accent- compared to those of the others but she recovered quickly and directed her attention to the body, to cover it up.

"What did that poor guy ever do to you? Ooo, Blood!"

Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Before Sadie could answer though, a small commotion made itself known at the door, making the young brunette look up to see a sight she was sure she would never see again. Zara Staudt stood at the entrance to the room, all red hair and willowy figure accentuated by the thick German accent Azalea had come to dread as a child.

"Zaley??!! You're the professor?!"

"Its still Azalea," the brunette pointed out, her tone only slightly less warm than it had been previously. The childhood nickname that had stuck despite it annoying the hell out of Azalea was not one she welcomed in her classroom.

"We're doing a simulation exercise, trying to identify time and cause of death," Azalea explained, doing her best to be professional in the face of a literal blast from the past.

"You're welcome to give it a go too," the Herbologist added, gesturing to the bleeding dummy.
Back to top Go down
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Zara barely registered the small admonishment from the brunette, about her name, as he picked up her bag and tossed it on the closest couch.

"We're doing a simulation exercise, trying to identify time and cause of death," Azalea explained, doing her best to be professional in the face of a literal blast from the past.

"You're welcome to give it a go too," the Herbologist added, gesturing to the bleeding dummy.

She moved closer to the center of the room, just outside of the other students, and took a quick glance at the body. She always prided herself on being more observant of her surroundings, than a typical person, but figured it was best not to let Azalea in on that fact-not when she could have fun with this. A small smirk adorned her lips before she spoke.

"Cause of death: blood loss; time of death: sometime before I walked in...You didn't kill him, did you?" Zara feigned a disappointed look and shook her head. "Poor guy."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:11 pm

"Cause of death: blood loss; time of death: sometime before I walked in."

Azalea closed he eyes momentarily, trying her best not to grit her teeth. The witch had excellent composure, she knew that much. But Zara Staudt had a way of getting on her nerves like no other

Zaley, Zaley, Ukulele

Zaley Zaley, why so paley?

Zaley, Zaley, thin as a railey

The brunette shook her head, dispelling the memories of her childhood and the redheaded witch who had tried her best to ruin it, even making the young Azalea burst into tears at one point.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" Zara feigned a disappointed look and shook her head. "Poor guy."

"Its a dummy, Zara," the Herbologist replied dryly. "And please try to respect your classmates. We're all supposed to be professionals here."
Back to top Go down
Zara Staudt
Graduate
Graduate
Zara Staudt

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 pm

"Its a dummy, Zara," the Herbologist replied dryly. "And please try to respect your classmates. We're all supposed to be professionals here."

Zara was barely listening to Azalea's response as she studied the body closer. She noticed something peculiar about the dummy- it was still bleeding. Corpses don't continue to bleed when they're dead.

"Supposed to is the key word and calling him a dummy is not a nice way to talk about the dead." She paused for a moment trying to decide if she should mention her findings. Yeah, she should.

"Professor Zaley," She said, as sweet as she could, knowing the name would annoy the woman, no matter how nice she was about it, "We have a problem. Your dummy is still alive. Everyone get your wands ready, I think we have a case of zombie dummy's here." A wide smile spread across Zara's face.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:25 pm

"Supposed to is the key word and calling him a dummy is not a nice way to talk about the dead."

Azalea was just about to snap and tell the witch to leave the classroom when she took a deep breath, renewing her efforts no to lose her temper with the German witch. She was better than that, all her students deserved better than that.

"We have a problem. Your dummy is still alive. Everyone get your wands ready, I think we have a case of zombie dummy's here." A wide smile spread across Zara's face.

On second thought, maybe no one would notice a quick trip jinx that carried the redhead the hell out of here?

"Miss Staudt is correct," Azalea admitted grudgingly, focussing on the other members of the class. "All of you were on the right track with thinking the "death" was recent, I also really liked what you guys came up with in terms of weapon used and how it was wielded," she spoke, clearly impressed with how well some of them had done their homework.

"But whether you're an Auror or a Healer, the first thing you need to do with a body is to check if its still breathing. Saving a life is deemed more important than solving a crime scene. Only once you've made sure the victim is really dead, pulse, blood, heartbeat, shine wandlight in their eyes, can you go ahead with an investigation."

Getting to her feet, Azalea swept her wand over the bleeding dummy, banishing it to her storage closet in the blink of an eye. "Great work everyone, see you all next Saturday. Be sure to do your homework," she reminded them before dismissing them from the first session.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition   Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodwork 101 - Lecture 1 - Blood Composition
Page 1 of 1