Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Azalea's Notice Board

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea's Notice Board Empty
PostSubject: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:35 am

All announcements related to Herbology classes for students will be housed here. Be sure to check back frequently for updates.

Your Instructor for the Year
Azalea Harrington

PS: Yes, you may call me Azalea. Wink
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Lesson 1 - Spiky Bushes (first - fourth years): https://hogwartsafuture.rpg-board.net/t2563-lesson-1-spiky-bushes-1-4th-years

*Any student who missed the class but would still like to make up for it, Owl me and we'll talk extra credit!

Grey, L -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30
Lynch, V -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30
Mistle, S -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Rose, C -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Stonem, N -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30

Summers, S -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Walters, T -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25

Total:

G -- 0
R -- 80
H -- 55
S -- 55
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Lesson 1 - Devil's Snare (5th - 7th years): https://hogwartsafuture.rpg-board.net/t2564-lesson-1-devil-s-snare-5th-7th-years

*Any student who missed the class but would still like to make up for it, Owl me and we'll talk extra credit!

Astrid, J -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30
Benrik, M -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Faileng, O -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Holmes, T -- 20 (attendance) = 20
Murray, J -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30

Semele, T -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Travers, S -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Walters, B -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30
Waters, L -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (active participation) = 25
Windsor, J -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30

Young, C -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (answering a question) + 5 (active participation) = 30

Total:

G -- 60
R -- 25
H -- 80
S -- 130
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Lesson 1 (5th - 7th years) Devil's Snare Homework.

Today in Herbolgy, our lesson consisted of learning what it's like to be entangled in the Devil's Snare, and how to get out if it safely.

Devil's Snare is basically a plant that looks like a bunch of roots and vines. It strangles its victims to death and the only thing it's afraid of is light, and the only thing that can get rid of it is fire. Struggling makes the plant wrap tighter around one, so relaxing is the best way to get out of the plant should you have no wand or source of light/fire.

During class, Professor Azalea had us put out our lights and step directly onto the wriggling mass that was the Devil's Snare. When it was my turn, I must admit I was quite scared because I knew what the plant was capable of doing to me.

When I felt it begin to wrap around my body, I began to panic and my instinct of survival kicked in; I naturally started to struggle. However, as soon as the plant began to tighten its grip, I remembered our instructions and forced myself to relax by thinking about happy things, like my family and my friends. I pictured us all together by the side of a lake, lazing around and just enjoying the view. That helped my body to relax and I could feel the difference in the way the Devil's Snare was looped around me. Soon, I was slowly sinking beneath the plant.

When it reached my head, I again started to panic slightly because I couldn't breathe, but I make myself hold my breath and imagined that I was swimming with my friends. There was a sudden sucking pull downwards and I immediately fell a few feet down, landing upright and unharmed.

All in all, it was a very interesting class and I had a very new (and interesting) experience with the Devil's Snare. Not only did I learn more about it, but I also got to encounter what it was like to be trapped by one and I now know what to do if I ever come across one in my daily life.

Well done, Brooke, a very detailed and riveting account of your experience with the Snare. 5 points to Gryffindor to be awarded at the end of term if there is still room! ~ Azalea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyThu May 22, 2014 12:28 am

Lesson One - Fifth to Seventh Years - Devils Snare Homework

"For homework, please write a short essay on your experience with the Snare, for up to five points. I'll see you all next week."

The Devil's Snare was an enlightening lesson, to say the least. It was different to find the class so dark, but once adjusted to the light and using a careful elimination of what plant we would be facing, I soon realised the highlight of our lesson. Devil's Snare is well known in history, so my knowledge was already... ample.

Being the first to attempt the Snare, it was never a daunting challenge as I was perfectly aware of what lay ahead of me. I found that Professor Harrington's help in the situation did much and more to aid my calm state of being in the support she gave amongst the plants.

As the plant began to take hold of me, I could merely remember the way the Professor spoke about calm in her soft tones and I could only oblige on her wishes. Thoughts of a peaceful nature came to mind from this, and slowly I sank through the depths of the Devil's Snare to the floor below.

After this time, the class was... slightly lacking as we had only to wait for everyone else to attempt the plant. But overall, I was very pleased with the class, as I always am with Herbology.

Well done, Josh. It is always nice to hear I helped a student remain calm through what would otherwise have been a stressful experience. It also pleases me to hear you did our pre reading on the Snare. 5 points to Slytherin to be awarded at the end of the year if there is still room. ~ Azalea
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Dear students,

Please be informed that the next Herbology class will be combined with your Defense Against The Dark Arts class. It is open to all years and will be held at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Professor Newbury and I will see you there.

~ Azalea
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Azalea's Notice Board   Azalea's Notice Board EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Herbology & DADA Lesson 2 - All Years: https://hogwartsafuture.rpg-board.net/t2754-herbology-dada-lesson-2-all-years

Adler, E -- 20 (attendance) + 10 (participation) = 30
Astrid, J -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25
Bailey, C -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25
Dolan, J. M -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25
Firestar, H -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25

Granger, B -- 20 (attendance) + 10 (participation) = 30
Grey, L -- 20 (attendance) + 20 (participation) = 40
Holmes, R -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25
Holmes, T -- 20 (attendance) + 15 (participation) = 35
Joilet, S -- 20 (attendance) + 10 (participation) = 30
Lassiter, R -- 20 (attendance) + 10 (participation) = 30
Loraine, K -- 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25