Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Date Night (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:41 am

It had been almost a week since Jake had learnt the truth about his girlfriend. The evening after their talk they'd spent in bed, relaxing and getting used to the news that had come. It had become easier for Jake though, knowing the whole truth had seen a slightly more relaxed Marilyn around the house, which was nice.

Even if he was still trying to work out what it meant completely.

As his lessons finished in America, Jake had flooed back to their flat, dusting himself off and heading towards the sounds coming from the bathroom. Knocking on the door before opening, Jake told Marilyn he was home and that they had fifteen minutes before they'd be leaving.

The reply, Jake didn't hear as he moved to their bedroom to change. That evening... well, Jake had taken advantage of his fortune to do something exciting. Whether Marilyn would enjoy it, he didn't know, but he'd told her to dress up, but wear practical footwear for walking around London.

So when the fifteen minutes were up, Jake dressed up in one of his more expensive suits, waiting for Marilyn in the hallway as he checked his wallet for his credit card and put his phone in his pocket - making sure it was on silent so they wouldn't be disturbed. "Are you ready?" Jake called out, checking his watch, they still had plenty of time, but he wanted to make sure they could make the most of all of the time they had.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:10 am

Mari had spent her day in their office/lab. The cuffs were almost ready, the only thing she needed to figure out was how to mass produce them without the duration charm wearing off. Calling it a day she let Jagger draw her a bath that she was getting out of when Jake walked in. Pulling a robe on she greeted him warmly, before pleasant surprise took over her pretty features.

Fifteen minutes? Not a problem now that she didn't have to slow down, instead moving twice as fast as a normally quick person, ready just in time and looking as classy and well done up as she usually did. And wearing "comfortable" shoes.

With a curious smile she sidled up beside him, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Hello love, going to tell me what we're doing?"
Back to top Go down

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:28 am

Jake smiled as the witch came from their room, pulling her in to the arms and kissing her back. "You look beautiful, as always." Jake whispered against her lips, taking her hand and leading her out the door, locking up behind them and then heading down to the street.

"Hello love, going to tell me what we're doing?"

"If I tell you, it'll ruin the surprise." Jake insisted as they took to the street. Thankfully, they'd picked a place that was within walking distance of the surprise he had. "Have you had a good day?" Jake asked, steering away from the surprise as they walked for the middle of London.

It took no more than fifteen minutes to get to the river, and Jake gently pulled her towards the attraction a lot of people spent months trying to get on. Right now it was beginning of the sun set, and Jake knew that this would be either something Marilyn would love, or that he'd gotten wrong, but he hoped for the former. However, unlike normal, there was no queue, and Jake showed Marilyn to the entrance of the London Eye.

"Good evening, sir, madam. Champagne for you both." The man asked, holding out a tray with two flutes on. Jake took one with a soft thank you, before they were led to a capsule. "Your ride will be an hour, please enjoy!"

With that, they climbed in the large bubble and Jake moved to the seats in the middle, ready for the view of London that was supposed to be remarkable at this time. "Surprise." Jake told the witch, his features pulling in to a grin as he looked to her for any inclination of what she thought. "And, we're heading to the Ritz for dinner after." He added, missing out one more surprise because he didn't wish to ruin everything.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 pm

"Have you had a good day?"

Holding his hand as they walked she smiled, "I did, my cuffs are almost done," She explained what was still missing, but that she was happy with her results, then she kissed his cheekand asked how his day had been. The happy couple walked for a while before arriving at the London Eye, just in time for sunset. Graciously accepting the champagne she took a seat beside her boyfriend with a happy and incredulous look.

"And, we're heading to the Ritz for dinner after."

"You are such a sweetheart.
" She grinned, toasting their glasses together and then kissing him sweetly. After that she snuggled into his arm that went over her shoulders and they watched the view of a busy city bathed in orange and pink. It was gorgeous. Whilst they watched they spoke softly, exchanging affectionate words and sharing funny things they'd witnessed lately. By the time they'd reached the top their glasses were empty and stood carefully on the floor of the bubble, their hands intertwined, Marilyn's eyes glued to the beautiful sight, the sunset bathing everything, including the two of them, in gold.

(Mari)
Back to top Go down

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 4:51 am

"I did, my cuffs are almost done,"

"That's great!" Jake replied enthusiastically, he knew the project had been a long one, something that she'd worked on tirelessly. He was proud of her too, her achievements were quite something, and as she explained what was left to do, Jake knew that she was close to finishing. Kissing her cheek as she finished, Jake smiled at her efforts before the topic turned to him. "Salem is... lacking. It's getting a little annoying, actually." He told her, but shrugged lightly. "It's not important." He insisted, not wanting to ruin the evening just because his class numbers were down, exponentially.

"You are such a sweetheart."

"Not really." Jake whispered back, settling in for the ride as the sun set over London. This was lazy in comparison to his last surprise if he was honest with himself, but it was the best he could come up with at such short notice.

Though, there was no denying that he'd done well, from the small smile on Mari's lips as she looked out across the city he knew she was enjoying the beautiful sights from the Eye. Jake, however, was more interested in her and the way the sun made her look more beautiful than he thought possible as it set.

There was no monster in his Mari, just a young woman radiating beauty, affection, and helping him to pave a future before his feet. It was in that moment that he knew, truly knew, he was in love with Marilyn Caldwell. All of her. Leaning in, Jake pressed a light kiss to the corner of her mouth. "I don't think... that I could be anymore in love with you than I am now." He told her truthfully, pressing another small kiss to her cheek and letting out a content sigh.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am

"Salem is... lacking. It's getting a little annoying, actually."

Marilyn kissed his cheek reassuringly and squeezed his hand, "I'm sorry to hear that," She murmured, but didn't push the topic he obviously didn't want to expand on. And she just smikred when he denied being a sweetheart, because he truly was. With her at least, and that was all that mattered. These moments were just further proof she'd made the right choice. And she didn't doubt for a second that this was right for both of them.

"I don't think... that I could be anymore in love with you than I am now."

The witch felt a surge of warms in her chest and giddiness as she heard words that she'd once thought were an impossible dream. "Jake..." the word held everything she felt, full of pure joy and love, tilting her head to kiss him on the lips, "You make me happier than anyone or anything else in the world," she whispered against his lips, giving him another kiss before cuddling even closer to enjoy the moment, the view, the feelings, being in his arms...

Soon the ride came to anend and found the couplesnuggled together in the bubble when it opened, and happily walking along to the Ritz hotel.
Back to top Go down

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am

The conversation in regards to his work could wait, Jake really didn't want to ruin it, and it seemed Marilyn was of the same opinion. Instead, he concentrated on the witch beside him, which was much easier than worrying about work.

"You make me happier than anyone or anything else in the world,"

The small smile on his lips was met with soft kisses and for the remainder of the ride, the two of them sat cuddled, exchanging small kisses and holding her close to him. The rest of the trip seemed much too short, and as the bubble opened, Jake gently helped her out, offering the man a small tip on the way out before they headed up the road towards the Ritz.

As they got to the door, Jake gave his name, and they were shown to one of the best seat, by the window so they could see out, and finely decorated with a bottle of champagne in the middle of the table as Jake had requested. After being given the menu, they were left alone. "Fine dining isn't really my thing, but I thought you would enjoy this." Jake told her softly, a smile on his lips. "You can have whatever you want, don't worry about the cost." Jake added, not wanting her to feel restricted.

"You're not working this weekend, are you?" Jake asked, perusing the menu and trying to find something he might like.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 9:20 am

Once sat at the table Marilyn gave Jake a sweet smile and took in the gorgeous surroundings and atmosphere. The Ritz was one of the very few places she'd never been before and the witch was already enchanted, her free hand taking his as the other held the menu.

"Fine dining isn't really my thing, but I thought you would enjoy this." Jake told her softly, a smile on his lips. "You can have whatever you want, don't worry about the cost."

"Thank you, this is really romantic, I'm glad we're doing this."
She told him affectionately, "I really appriciate this," Marilyn lifted his hand and kissed his knuckles. When it came time to order Mari ordered the Salad of Quail, Loin of Lamb which came with an Herb Crust, Artichoke and Smoked Garlic, which sounded heavenly. The two carried pleasant conversation as usual, smiling at each other and enjoying the company.

"So, why the sudden inspiration to whisk me off my feet, Newbury?"
The Ex-Quidditch star's girlfriend asked teasingly.
Back to top Go down

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 am

"Thank you, this is really romantic, I'm glad we're doing this."

Jake smiled at that, he didn't believe he was a romantic person, that was too much like fairy tales for his liking, but he didn't correct her. There was little and less point in arguing. "You're welcome." Jake settled on softly, pouring the witch another glass of champagne and filling his own.

"So, why the sudden inspiration to whisk me off my feet, Newbury?"

Jake was slightly taken back by the use of his last name, that was mostly used in the office where things were kept formal at the insistence of Louis Clement, but here... Well, it added pressure, that was for sure. "I just... realised that I wasn't doing a very good job at making an effort to do things with you. So, I decided to show you that our relationship is a lot... more than, well, physicality. I love you, and I want you to know that I enjoy spending time with you. So I decided on dinner, and the Eye. And, I thought after last week, it would be best to show you that I still want this, us, you. Everything."

Jake bit his lip slightly as he finished. Wow that had been something of a gush. "But mostly because I want the world to know my girlfriend is beautiful, and she's all mine." Jake finished, his tone lighter, teasing. It was just in time for their starters which, to Jake, was a welcome break in conversation for a moment so Marilyn could think about it but not react too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:44 am

"I just... realised that I wasn't doing a very good job at making an effort to do things with you. So, I decided to show you that our relationship is a lot... more than, well, physicality. I love you, and I want you to know that I enjoy spending time with you. So I decided on dinner, and the Eye. And, I thought after last week, it would be best to show you that I still want this, us, you. Everything."

While she had been the one to ask him why, she hadn't really expected such a long answer, but it brought a shy smile to her lips as the appetizers arrived, giving her time to ponder his answer and enjoy the food before she finally replied, after they'd finished with the food. His teasing was met with a small, good natured, chuckle.

"Thank you, Jake. This is, indeed, the best way,"
She took his hand again gently, "But don't worry I know we don't go out much, but honestly I'm not great company at the best of times and I like that we stay in; I like both, because we're together. I like everything we do, but this is really special and I'm having a great time." Marilyn smiled and lifted her champagne glass with her free hand.

"To many more date nights, and all the nights together inbetween,"
The witch toasted.
Back to top Go down

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Jake was glad she took his hand in that moment, he was a little nervous he'd said too much and made a mess, but it seemed he hadn't as she told him she already knew. That she didn't mind staying in either. It made Jake feel better, because he always worried about not getting the right 'balance' in these things.

As Marilyn raised her glass, Jake took up his own, gently touching it to hers in a small toast. "To many more date nights." He agreed with a smile, taking a small sip of his champagne and putting it back down on the table, tucking in to his veal once more and savouring it. Truth be told, this was probably one of the best meals he'd had, it was exquisite. Though, Jake was quite sure it was the company that made it the best.

The small talk picked up again then, both of them enjoying their dinner and the alcohol that flowed freely. The bill had already been settled by the time the night had finished with the card Jake had given them as they walked in. It was just before midnight that they stepped back on to the street, Jake giving her his suit jacket to keep the April breeze at bay as they walked back towards their flat.

It had been perfect, if Jake was honest, slightly lightheaded from the alcohol as they walked, sharing kisses every few steps and stopping by the river for a slightly longer, passionate kiss that ended the evening in the best way. Jake was grinning from ear to ear, because this simply proved that no matter what life wanted to throw their way, they were going to come out on the other side much better off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Date Night (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date Night (Jari)   Date Night (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Date Night (Jari)
Page 1 of 1