Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Desdemona Vega
Slytherin Third Year
Slytherin Third Year
Desdemona Vega

Wrong Place, Wrong Time Empty
PostSubject: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Desdemona pushed the girls' door open and carefully walked into the room. She had never been inside this bathroom before, but it was usually labeled "out-of-order..." and now she could see why. Everything was flooded! All the taps on the sink were going and there were even a couple of toilets (mercifully not used) that had overflowed and were adding to the water pooling on the floor.

"Oh, wow..." was the only thing that Desdemona could think to say when she made it all the way into the bathroom and saw that the whole floor from back to front was covered in a sheet of water. "How did all this water even get here?" She thought she heard sniffling from one of the stalls, but she wasn't sure she wanted to check. After all, she was never very good with comforting others, and this sounded like a girl who was crying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Victoria was always trying to find new places in Hogwarts. After exchanging from America at the start of the year, she knew she'd hardly touched the surface with her travels. So many places were left to explore, that day was no different, really.

Looking around the second floor, Victoria noted a Slytherin slipping in to a bathroom she... checking her map she'd been given from an older student, Victoria nodded to herself, Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom... Hurrying after the witch, Victoria caught up with her just in time to hear her question.

"How did all this water even get here?"

"There is a ghost in hear, her name is Myrtle. She floods the bathroom some time, that's why it floods." Victoria explained quietly, not wanting to upset the ghost. "You should probably leave her alone, she doesn't like to be disturbed too much."
Back to top Go down
Desdemona Vega
Slytherin Third Year
Slytherin Third Year
Desdemona Vega

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Desdemona turned around quickly and looked the girl up and down, a frown appearing as she realised it was a Hufflepuff that had spoken. "Moaning Myrtle?" she echoed back, not quite sure why the name rang a bell. She had just come in to see what had caused all the water to go everywhere, but was not looking to explain herself to this girl. "So how do you know about her, then, if she doesn't like being disturbed?" Desdemona asked the girl, her eyes narrowing slightly. She had never really spoken to a Hufflepuff before, and wanted to keep this conversation relatively short.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:02 pm

"Moaning Myrtle?"

"Please don't call her that." Victoria replied in a hushed whisper, hoping the ghost couldn't overhear them. It was in the History of Hogwarts and if you read enough you could find out anything you wanted. "It's not very nice." Victoria added, continuing in the soft whisper because she really didn't want the ghost to get upset.

"So how do you know about her, then, if she doesn't like being disturbed?"

"Books." Victoria answered truthfully. "Myrtle is in the school's history books. She died here. Please, leave her be, she likes to be alone." Victoria reiterated, keeping an eye on the closed door of one of the cubicles. In truth, she'd love to speak to Myrtle, but she wasn't sure everyone had the same ideas as she did.
Back to top Go down
Desdemona Vega
Slytherin Third Year
Slytherin Third Year
Desdemona Vega

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:02 am

Desdemona frowned. She had read her fair share of books, especially about Hogwarts, and could not remember a Moaning Myrtle in there anywhere. She turned away from the girl and walked further into the heart of the bathroom. "Myrtle?" she called out, curious to see if she was a real thing. "Are you there?" Right after she spoke, Desdemona could have sworn she heard a muffled sob coming from inside one of the stalls. She approached it carefully. "I would really like to meet you, Myrtle," Desdemona couldn't quite pinpoint which stall she thought she heard the sob from, but she continued to advance towards the various stalls; some with intact doors and some without.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:28 am

"Myrtle?"

Victoria couldn't believe the Slytherin was really doing this. What didn't she understand about privacy, or the fact the ghost was a little touchy? Following her slightly in to the bathroom, Victoria kept an eye on the toilet stalls.

"I would really like to meet you, Myrtle,"

"Would you now? And why would you like to meet ugly, boring, stupid Moaning Myrtle?"

The voice of the ghost was angry to say the least as she appeared, a scornful look on her face as she took in the Slytherin. Victoria wasn't afraid, however, she was good with people.

"I don't think you're ugly, Myrtle. We were... just coming to see you, actually. We... thought you might like some company." Victoria improvised, not wanting to set the ghost off on a tantrum that were infamous in the castle, even to the new American witch.

"Really?" The ghost asked, looking at the Slythern. "And what do you want?" She asked, glaring at the Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Desdemona Vega
Slytherin Third Year
Slytherin Third Year
Desdemona Vega

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 pm

"Actually, I wanted to ask you how you died..." Desdemona looked at the pale girl floating now in front of her. She was honestly curious; the ghosts of Hogwarts had always fascinated her and she had never had problems with any of them. She was actually friendlier to them than most living beings she attended classes with. Plus, she wanted to know about the bathroom and why this girl was still here. But Myrtle just laughed. "You want to know how moping, moaning Myrtle died? That's funny!" Although the reply wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear, Desdemona was not deterred. "Yes, I like the Hogwarts ghosts... knowing their stories is important to me." Desdemona blinked, unsure of how the ghost would handle this. She didn't want to upset her more, after all... "Oh... well... Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses, so I ran in here and locked the door to this stall-" Myrtle pointed to one of the stalls with a broken door as she spoke, "and then I heard a boy's voice speaking. So I unlocked the door to tell him to leave, and... I died. All I remember is a pair of big, yellow eyes... over by that sink. One tap has never worked." Desdemona walked over to the sink and examined the taps. She had read about the Chamber of Secrets and, of course, about Harry Potter's foray into the bowels of the chamber, but never thought she would be this close. "Wow," she breathed, touching a small snake on the sink, "this is a very important bathroom." She knew it would be stupid and dangerous, but part of Desdemona wanted to go down into the chamber and see it all for herself..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Victoria had stood by listening - since Harry Potter had been at the school, the history books had been rewritten to include the death of Myrtle before them, and so many other fascinating stories. The Slytherin didn't really need to be as rude to ask the ghost to her face, but Victoria knew that not everyone had the time to read as much as she did.

Staying in the background with the conversation, almost fully forgotten, Victoria contemplated leaving. Though, without saying goodbye, that would be unbelievably rude and she really didn't want that. So the Hufflepuff stood still, just watching.

"Wow," she breathed, touching a small snake on the sink, "this is a very important bathroom."

"Not so much anymore." Victoria spoke out after a while. "They cleared the Chamber after the fall of Voldemort, there's no longer anything down there." She explained, not that she minded either way, there was absolutely no way she was going in to such a place. The mere thought made her shudder.
Back to top Go down
Desdemona Vega
Slytherin Third Year
Slytherin Third Year
Desdemona Vega

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:13 am

Desdemona felt a mild pang of annoyance at this know-it-all girl that had interrupted her exploration. She had done her fair share of research, but had elected to skim over some of Hogwarts' details, wanting to figure out and find them for herself. That was part of the reason she had ended up here. "That's too bad, I would really fancy a trip down there," she said snidely. "Thanks though, Myrtle... it was lovely getting to know you better." Desdemona continued her examination of the sink for a few moments more, though she knew she couldn't speak the right words to open it, even if the chamber was still there... which the Hufflepuff had said it was cleared after Voldemort's fall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 am

"That's too bad, I would really fancy a trip down there,"

Victoria missed the tone, because she only saw things on one level. Today was absolutely no different, and so she simply smiled slightly. "It is a little bit of a shame, but it's for our safety." She explained, letting off a small shrug.

"I'm going to go now, thank you for having us, Myrtle. Bye..." She added to the girl who was still studying the bathroom. Victoria wasn't going to get involved in such things. Slipping out of the bathroom, the witch headed off to the library, which was always, always a much safer place to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Page 1 of 1