Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I like to think I'm special [OPEN]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elysia Valdis
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Elysia Valdis

I like to think I'm special [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: I like to think I'm special [OPEN]   I like to think I'm special [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 2:44 am

Warm brown boots? Check. Short leopard-print skirt? Check. Thick black leggings? Check. Warm Black sweater? Check. Woolen cat beanie? Check. Satchel bag? Check.

"This should be enough to be warm..", the girl muttered tp herself as she examined her clothes again, pursing her lips before deciding to cast an anti-damp spell on herself so she won't get wet.

Nodding in satisfaction, she starts trudging across the grounds, smiling fondly at the slow snowfall. Her goal? The tree located nearest to the lake, which so happened to be near the forbidden forest as well.

To be honest, she didn't quite know why she decided to venture out here. Especially in this type of weather. Maybe.. Maybe ahe was just tired of being cooped up in common room with the other Ravens and the books.

Could you imagine that? Elysia running away from books? Hah! Such a silly thought. Her grandfather would aplreciate that joke. But in all honesty, it was tiring there. In the Raven's den. Everyone just expected you to be bloody smart plus prim and proper.

It was like home, over and over again. Kinda sickening, to be honest. "Ah. Finally.", she muttered in relief as she reached the tree, settling down to lean her back against the trunk, sitting cross-legged on the ground, facing the lake. "That's better."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like to think I'm special [OPEN]   I like to think I'm special [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 pm

It was nearing Christmas, and as most of the students had wished for, it was going to be a white one. This was to be Tristan's second Christmas, and while the first one was spent back at home, this time, both he and Brooke would be staying back at Hogwarts. His father had written them just a couple of days ago to let them know that he had been called in to work during that time - the guy who normally did the Christmas shift had some 'personal issues' to attend to - and his mum was assigned a shift during the same time period. Not wanting their children to be left alone at home, and also remembering the fun they themselves had had during their Christmases at Hogwarts, Brooke and Tristan found themselves staying back during the holidays.

It was the start of the holidays, and Tristan suddenly found the school almost empty in contrast to the amount of students it normally held. Slipping out of the grounds, he smiled as the gentle flakes of snow landed around him. Two years ago he would have been worried; snow meant it was to be cold, and that meant harsh nights on the streets, and he had seen many people go to sleep only to freeze and never wake up again. Now, however, he loved the snow, knowing that the moment it got too cold for him, he could head back inside to warm up by the fireplace while sipping hot chocolate.

Wearing nothing more over his jeans and t-shirt other than a simple jacket and a beanie, he walked down the path towards The Forbidden Forest. Nearing the edge, he spotted a familiar looking girl by one of the trees and moved towards her, recognizing her as a Ravenclaw from his year.

"Hi," he said simply, taking a seat next to her.
Back to top Go down
Elysia Valdis
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Elysia Valdis

PostSubject: Re: I like to think I'm special [OPEN]   I like to think I'm special [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 10:52 pm

'This is nice', she thought to herself as her eyes roamed over her surroundings, the corner of her lips twitching up to form a small smile. It was quiet, just the way she liked it. True, the Raven's den was quite, too. But.. It was unbearably stuffy. Plus, the company wasn't exactly pleasant.

"Hi.", she heard someone say, idly registering the voice to be familiar and male. Hm, maybe someone from her class. Couldn't be one of her friends. She didn't have any. 'Yet', her mind added for her.

Instead of answering the boy's greeting, Elysia continued to stare at the frozen lake, a frown replacing her earlier small smile, "Have you ever wondered what happens to the Giant Squid during these times?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like to think I'm special [OPEN]   I like to think I'm special [OPEN] EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 am

((SO SO SO SORRY! My exam is in 13 days and I've just been stressing/studying my butt off. I promise I'm not usually this bad at threading. After my exams finish - on Nov 17 - I'll be up and running with posts and all that.))

"Have you ever wondered what happens to the Giant Squid during these times?"

He almost laughed at the cliché nature of the Ravenclaw's question - almost, but he had already learnt that not everybody enjoyed or shared his sense of humour, and instead took a few moments to actually ponder the question. "It's not frozen all the way though," he began, stating the obvious. "So maybe life just goes on for it as usual." He shrugged, not really caring. All he knew was that, when Spring came and the hard, cold surface melted back into the ripple-covered mirror, the Giant Squid would still be there, alive, for students to admire. Until the day that the Giant Squid stopped reappearing after winter ended, Tristan didn't give two hoots what it did under the frozen layer of water.

"I'm Tristan, by the way," he said to the girl after a few more seconds of silence. Turning his head to look at her, he offered the Ravenclaw a smile instead of a hand.
Back to top Go down
Elysia Valdis
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Elysia Valdis

PostSubject: Re: I like to think I'm special [OPEN]   I like to think I'm special [OPEN] EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:05 pm

[It's okay. I've been busy, as well.]

"Heh. I forgot about that fact.", the blonde muttered after mulling over his response. Really, she was such a scatterbrain. Of course, it wouldn't have frozen all the way through! Silly, silly girl.

Shaking her head, she finally moved her gaze away from the lake, turning to fix her attention on the boy. "Nice to meet you, Tristan.", she said, giving him a nod in response, observing him.

"My name has four syllables and it starts with an E. The next syllable, it rhymes with the word bee. It also reminds me of twins, friendship and more. And the last two syllables is the last word to a spanish or italian praise. Used for exclamations - what a bore."

The words suddenly spewed out from her mouth, making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion. Wow. Why couldn't she had just say her name? Urgh, no use crying over spilled milk.

Tilting her head, she continued to observe him, wondering if he could answer it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I like to think I'm special [OPEN]   I like to think I'm special [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

I like to think I'm special [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1