Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Private Tutoring (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

Private Tutoring (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:06 am

It was a Monday afternoon and Tess found herself trying not to run from her Charms class to the second floor. It was only one floor down, so she tried to be casual. Her book was tight against her chest as she chatted with Rhian, in a brief but satisfying conversation. They were trying to be civil and she really wanted to listen to her. It had to do with something about her boyfriend, who truth be told Tess wasn't quite fond of. Yet they were in a long term, much more sane than Tess' own experience which was a bit unfair. Either way, this conversation was taking too long.

"So..I'm going to go to DADA real quick for something. I'll see you around okay?" Tess said a shy smile on her face.

With a nod from Rhian, Tess walked down the stairway towards the second floor and towards the lesson. She was more excited than she cared to admit, yet nervous. She'd read books about it, but she knew background information didn't always mean experiencing it. Reaching the door to Jake's office, she knocked softly, hoping he remembered she was coming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 12:56 pm

The agreement to teach Tess around his classes had meant Jake waiting for her to let him know what time she wished to meet. And, of course, the Head Girl had, so Jake had made sure to be free for the time specified and had moved most things out the way in his already immaculate office.

Unlike most teachers, Jake didn't have much time to make it more personal to him, but he didn't mind too much.

"Come in!" Jake called towards the door as a knock came, slipping his suit jacket off and hanging it on the back of his chair. "How are you today?" Jake asked the witch with a small smile, probably best he checked she was in the right state of mind before they got to work, because he needed her to be focused for this branch of magic.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:07 am

As she was signaled to come in, Tess immediately did so, sitting down on the chair that was directly in front of the desk. She studied the room, it was like every other office, nothing special and nothing too memorable. She knew that Mycroft's own was all cherry red wood with no pictures directed towards the guest but rather himself, keeping them protected. Putting her books to the side, she sat straight on the chair and waited for him to speak to her.

"How are you today?"

Tess turned to look at him and smiled shyly. Truth be told, she was a bit excited and had tried to calm her nerves as to not seem too easily distracted.

"I'm excited, if I can be that honest sir" she said softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 am

As Tess stepped in to his room, Jake smiled warmly at her as he put his pen away neatly. The witch seemed at ease in the castle, though he expected that was why she'd been elected as Head Girl in that time.

"I'm excited, if I can be that honest sir"

"I believe honesty is going to be the grounding of our work today." Jake replied softly to the witch. "And before we start, I'm going to insist that the honesty is kept in this room. If you're uncomfortable you must tell me, if you wish to stop you must tell me. Please don't think that taking a break, be it five minutes or until next week will make me believe you're not trying. This magic is complex." Jake told the witch, because he didn't want her to become too stressed with what they were working on.

"Now, there are various non-magical activities that might help with the task at hand. Yoga, joined with meditation are great ways of learning to control your mind and body. Whether you wish to utilise these are up to you, but I'm not going to teach them to you." Jake told her, because he simply couldn't take them seriously with other people around, but he'd dabbled.

"Do you have any questions before we start today?" Jake asked, not really sure what else to say, this was more of a practical topic than anything.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:15 pm

The way he spoke to her, she felt it was him trying to calm her down. She wasn't too worried about failing, not really, it was just that she was going to open up and have to be vulnerable. She appreciated him trying to make it seem like a safe place, a place where she could voice her concerns and be more open than simple yes and no responses.

At the ways to relax, she already did yoga in her spare time. It did help her move more fluid when practicing anything, even Quidditch, an as for meditation, it was how she cleared her mind, always by the black lake. And also took time to try and find the way her mind just went quiet. He told her to seek them out herself and she agreed, thinking that it was best if she continued her work on her own, something that made her less dependent on him.

"Do you have any questions before we start today?"

She bit her lip at his questioned and did wonder if she had something to ask. There were so many things, but they were so into the future that she didn't bother, there was never a timeline for things like this.

"Just..just a request. I-I tend to have a hard time being open, with my thoughts let alone being open about past experiences. I just ask for you not to judge me..I'd really appreciate that if you could and not..not be disappointed in anything please" she finished in as whisper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:49 am

As Jake finished speaking, he could see the witch was slightly worried about something, though he didn't need to prompt her as she came out with a reply a few moments later.

"Just.. just a request. I-I tend to have a hard time being open, with my thoughts let alone being open about past experiences. I just ask for you not to judge me.. I'd really appreciate that if you could and not.. not be disappointed in anything please"

The request was one Jake hadn't been expecting because quite frankly he'd always believed it to be a given of a man in his role. To not judge and to not make judgements on someone unnecessarily. He knew the things his own professor had seen in these types of scenarios, and he was quite sure Professor Finn had never used his memories to create an opinion on him. Or, at least, he never felt like she did.

"You have my word that I won't be disappointed in you, Tess." Jake replied softly, trying to convey that she had absolutely nothing to worry about in regards to this. "And the only judgement I would make is how much you're trying in these lessons." He assured her. "Anything I see will not be assessed, nor discussed unless you want to discuss it. They're your memories, I'm simply providing a safe environment for you to practice."

Picking up his wand, Jake looked to the witch. "If you're ready to begin?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow in Tess' direction. "We'll continue sat down as I find it helps you to relax, but, by all means stand if you feel more comfortable. Then simply put your thumb up and we will begin."

OOC: Permission throughout the thread to GM Jake casting the spell!
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:43 am

Tess bit her lip tightly as he spoke to her about her request. It was an odd one, one that made her embarrassed to admit was a necessity for her. It reassured her that she wasn't going to have to second guess any mistake in case anything showed. She smiled softly at him, a bit nervous about all of this, and nodded as he told her to take her time to get ready.

Sitting up straight, she closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on all the things around her. Breathing in steadily, she tried to find that place that always tended to calm her down. In and out, her breathing slowed down, the pressure was still around her, and her head was laced with insecurities. She was a bit embarrassed she was taking long to clear her head; she imagined a brick, slowly building itself up, around the entrance of her mind. Slowly until it was solid, in her own opinion. Raising her thumb slowly, it was off.

A sharp breath was knocked out of her and she was relieved to find herself resting on the chair. Her mind felt as if a strong wind tunnel was coming through, one that knocked down the bricks she laid down so sure of herself. There was no use in trying, her mind was once more vulnerable to everything.

Her mind immediately began to create the surroundings of her past event. There were colors, so many shades of whites, blues, purples, and blacks swirling all around. She inhaled deeply and exhaled just the same. Soon enough that buzz in her ear was heard and colors began to swirl into a place. The place became her father's office, and more frightening then that, she found herself looking at a little girl sitting in the chair three times her size.

Her hair was down, a bit ribbon keeping a few strands from her face. Her cheeks were still red and the innocence clear in her eyes, but held so much shame. Her dress was dirty, and based on the look on her father's face it wasn't a good thing. Rising up he walked towards her and grabbed her arm making her yelp.

"Why did you do it?!" he hissed.

She could see herself crying softly, as the man shook her all the more. She hadn't meant to do it, the flower garden was something that was her mother's, and she only spent time with Mycroft never enough time with her. She wanted to be noticed, she wanted to be told she was special. She wanted to be reassured and told she mattered. But no, her fifteen year old brother had to get all the attention. She hadn't meant to ruin anything. Her six year old self wanted to show them that she was a good child too, so she'd grab the broom and tried to fly only for her to ruin not only the broom, but the precious flower garden.

"I'm sowwy" she cried out as she covered her face as a good slap came her way. This was not a one time case, but rather a way of discipline.

"Why do you get in the way of things?! Mycroft earns his attention unlike you, who just patters around. Look at you, a mess, only because you couldn't handle being let out. Face it, you're only good at getting in the way, don't bother denying it"

She saw not only her five year old self crying, but she herself was doing the same. She'd forgotten that had ever happened in her life. Looking around she realized she'd never could remember entering her father's office as a child. It was only until later, at least in her memories she dared entered.

It was then she realized that in her attempt to push back, she'd been pushed so far into her psyche that repressed memories began to rise.

Panic began to rise in her mind; outside, her body began to breath heavily, her nails digging into the arm rests.

It was all to raw, in her mind, she began to try and build walls only for them to break soon after. She tried to push back, as she had in the lesson, but it seemed harder this time.

Curling up in a ball, she covered her face, her own thoughts circulating around her almost taunting her. She tried to breathe as her actual body was attempting to do, but it was frightening. She thought of a bubble, around her an sure enough a small one was forming, it was weak, oh so weak but the images were becoming blurry. Slowly she laid there hoping to shield herself to push back but it wasn't happening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Jake had waited for the moment the witch was ready, and as the signal had come, he'd simply whispered the spell to try not to jog Tess' concentration. This spell was hard, and honestly he hadn't perfected the resistance himself, but he had faith in the Head Girl to make good progress in the technique.

The images that came to view were of a man that Jake didn't recognise, but the instant he moved towards Tess, harming her, Jake could feel his own personal feelings seeping in to this moment. Children were never meant to be hurt, they were to be cherished. Even when they did wrong, it was a parents place to guide. Outwardly, Jake's jaw set as he watched, flinching as the younger Tess was dealt a blow that no man should ever deal.

Thinking that possibly he should end the spell and give the witch a moment, Jake almost pulled away, but in that moment, he felt the first, tentative push away. It wasn't much, but it showed Tess was trying, through that horrendous memory, she was trying.

But, as Jake saw her curl up, feeling the resistance just about maintain a small bubble, Jake released the spell, looking to the witch who was now curled like she'd been hurt. Well, Jake reflected, that probably had hurt. Standing from his seat, Jake quietly moved around his desk to squat next to Tess' chair. He didn't move to touch her because he knew the boundary as a professor, but he hoped that in some way he could comfort her. "Tess... You're safe here." Jake told her softly, not sure whether space was better for dealing with these things. "I won't let anything hurt you. They... were just memories." He coaxed softly, reaching on to his desk for the small stash of chocolate he had left from his lesson.

"Would you like a piece of chocolate before we move on?" Jake asked, knowing that it could possibly help the witch... if only slightly. Merlin he was so bad at this!
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:06 am

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out"

Slowly she tried to calm down her heaving chest as she realized her surroundings. Where she thought that she was curled up only in her mind, it turned out her body had physically moved to copy it. She didn't dare lift her head, instead she tried to calm herself down from the panic attack she felt she was having. She felt a bit nauseous, her stomach flipped and it was by no way helping her breathing. She hoped it wouldn't grow to something bigger, it'd been four years since her last panic attack.

Placing a hand on her chest, she hoped to calm down the rapidly beating heart as her body trembled trying to cope with the memory. She'd forgotten it so long ago, didn't even know it had happened till that very moment. Her legs began to tingle, signaling she needed to move. She made a little noise, trying to speak but nothing came out. She wanted her brother, she wanted to be held and told that it was okay and that he understood.

"Tess... You're safe here." Jake's tone attempting to be soothing. "I won't let anything hurt you. They... were just memories."

She flinched from his words and instead buried her face deeper into her chest feeling as if there was not enough air in her lungs to help her deal. A few minutes passed, and she felt better, relieved at least her breathing had calmed down, not having enough energy to be horrified at her weakness.

"Would you like a piece of chocolate before we move on?"

She shook her head, she never did like chocolate. She wanted to grow some composure, and blinked a few times hoping her lashes would stop getting stuck together from her tears.

"Just a moment" she whispered softly, her shakes still showing on her hands as she tightened her hold on her knees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:43 am

With the witch in something of a state, Jake wasn't overly sure what to do, but remembering the tray of food he'd been given and the glasses that stood next to a water jug. Moving to that side of the room, Jake carefully poured out a glass of water and brought it back to the desk, putting it in front of Tess before moving back to his own seat.

"Just a moment"

"Take your time." Jake replied softly to the witch. He knew it was a big step, and that memory had been very personal. But Jake was not judging the witch on what he'd seen, because nothing in that was her fault, and quite simply he wouldn't have anyway. After a short pause had lapsed, Jake decided he should probably say something, especially seeing as now Tess seemed to be regaining herself.

"Would you like to talk about that? Or would you like to try again?" Jake asked carefully because he wasn't sure if the Head Girl would wish to try again. "You did resist in your attempt, which is always showing you're trying. And an achievement, so please don't be disheartened."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Tutoring (Jake)    Private Tutoring (Jake)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Private Tutoring (Jake)
Page 1 of 1