Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fallin' for You (Oneshot)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Fallin' for You (Oneshot) Empty
PostSubject: Fallin' for You (Oneshot)   Fallin' for You (Oneshot) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:30 am

Fallin' for You (Oneshot) 203

It was a Sunday and Marilyn was curled up on the couch with Jagger. She and Jake were meeting in the afternoon which was still hours away and the witch was trying to relax. The therapist had recommended taking about a hour at least to just relax and while the witch was apprehensive and had put up an impressive fight the therapist had stood her ground and Marilyn had conceded to try. It was easier with Jagger around though, who was the main reason the witch was even still seeing the therapist. Her nightmares had indeed gotten better between the dog, the therapist and Jake. The two friends shared a bed every other weekend, the other weekends and weekdays she had Jagger to watch over her and so Marilyn hadn’t touched that dreadful potion in weeks. But of course, total happiness was completely out of the question, because since the ball and battle the witch had noticed a peculiar change in herself, in her emotions specifically. She caught herself thinking about Jake more than was usual, remembering the kiss that they were officially pretending never happened and enjoying their cuddles in bed more than she knew she should. Not to mention their dance at the ball and his words. Marilyn was a very practical witch, she didn’t do drama, she didn’t do nonsense and she certainly did not do feelings for emotionally unavailable people.
But apparently that last bit was now untrue. However, this by no means meant that all of the sudden her intellect had shrunken to just thinking about him and them and what if’s. No. She had decided to go about this as logically and rationally as possible. So she grabbed the Prophet, a pad of paper, a pen, turned the radio on and sat on the couch to begin writing a list to get a better overview.
I don't know but I think I maybe
Fallin' for you dropping so quickly
Maybe I should keep this to myself
Waiting 'til I know you better
 Fact One: she had somewhat questionable feelings for her best friend. Fact Two: He had kissed her. He’d freaked out afterwards, but he had initiated the kiss. Fact three: He had said that she was too good for him, which meant that he would technically have questionable emotions regarding her as well. Fact four (and most importantly) he had said it was just too soon.
After writing that down she stared at the list in her hands. It was clear to her then as it had been at the ball, that her respect for him was more important than any questionable emotions. Especially after her talk with Victoria it was clear that Jake had been hurt badly and was simply not ready, yet. So she’d remain patient.
I am trying not to tell you
But I want to
I'm scared of what you'll say
So I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of holding this inside my head
She’d remain there for him as she had always been
I've been spending all my time
Just thinking about you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you
And nothing would change unless he wanted it to. (She denied herself the thought of what ‘change’ would mean, there was no point)
Seeing as the list had just made her stomach clench even more she decided to toss it and pick up the Daily Prophet, the newfoundland hound beside her nuzzling her neck affectionately.
I've been waiting all my life and now I found you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you.
I'm fallin' for you.

But as soon as Mari opened the page she saw a familiar pair of eyes looking up at her before striking a few poses with a pair of brooms.
I can't stop thinking about it
I want you all around me
And now I just can't hide it
She stared at the photograph, skimming the article and her stomach clench was right there along with the feeling of lightheadedness- honestly the witch felt like she was going to be ill. Jagger whined next to her but Mari just stared at the page, the voice on the radio just  then really reaching her ears consciously.
I can't stop thinking about it
I want you all around me
And now I just can't hide it
I think I'm fallin' for you.
I'm fallin' for you.
The witch took a very, very deep breath and closed her eyes, setting the Prophet down and not looking at it again as she pushed her hair back with both hands, exhaling slowly as she leaned back, her hands then moving to cover her face.
Oh
Oh no no
Oh
“Ah shit.”
Back to top Go down

Fallin' for You (Oneshot)
Page 1 of 1