Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 pm

After assigning all of his Auror squad in to the relevant areas of the ball, hopefully they wouldn't let him down, because Merlin would he and Mycroft be coming down on the students. Louis knew what was hopefully coming, and he was nervous to say the least.

As he mulled through the students, there were far too many innocent and unknowing faces. Faces that he could only hope would still be smiling tomorrow. The Auror Trainer was milling around the dance floor, a flute of champagne in hand.

The one thing that let down the ball was that the champagne was not of the quality he was used to. In fact, he wasn't even sure it was champagne.

Noticing one of the witch's who had been deemed competent in his class, Louis made his way around the ball, mainly keeping out of the way of the copious amount of people. In the silence that proceeded Louis Clement, he managed to get himself stood right behind the witch before he spoke.

"Enjoying yourself, Caldwell?" He whispered right next to her ear.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Marilyn had just been scanning the dance floor after walking around the perimiter again when she suddenly felt breath beside her ear.

It was literally everything she could do not to jump five feet in the air, instantly recognizing the voice that made her stomach clench in a completely different way than Jake had.

"Enjoying yourself, Caldwell?"

"Not if you don't want me to be, Sir."
Came the reply along with a straightened spine, not losing the 'casual' smile that was placed on her face so onlookers would not think anything was wrong.
Marilyn felt slightly frustrated at how seemingly easy it had been for him to sneak up on her. True, it was Louis Clement and against him she didn't have much of a chance, but still the witch made a mental note to control her back better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:26 pm

"Not if you don't want me to be, Sir."

A small smile touched Louis' lips at the response from the witch. The tense stature she held in his presence was a reminder of so many years ago when the wizard had served in the French Army. The respect, sometimes fear, that people held for him was probably the best thing about that job.

"Stand easy, Caldwell." Louis replied, moving to stand next to the witch. Motioning to the ballroom, Louis didn't turn to the witch before he spoke. "Anything to report?" He asked, his voice never rising above a whisper as he addressed the witch. His eyes scanned the ballroom, but there wasn't anything really going on.

But never did he relax for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:49 pm

The witch relaxed her stance slightly at his words, still straighter than usual, but less stiff.
Marilyn had grown up mainly under her Grandmothers supervision and since her Grandmother was Gwen Caldwell that meant training. And obviously the first lesson had been respect those of higher rank. Those countless hours had left the witch with certain ingrained behaviors that as an Auror under Louis Clements command could only be useful.
"Anything to report?"
"No, Sir. Nothing suspicious so far. I've been scanning the ballroom and I checked the exits, everything is secure. Nobody has reported anything suspicous from the other rooms." She answered quietly, eyes still on the dance floor.
"However I am not sure of the Entrance Hall, seeing as Shuter has not responded to any dispatches."
The witch added on expressionlessly, though she was slightly miffed that Shuter was there as she deemed him utterly incompetant, but it didn't show.
She wasn't incompetant after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:11 pm

The report from Caldwell, nodding at the information. His expectations in the witch had not been wrongly placed and for that, Louis was immensely glad of his decision on putting her in the main area of students. The other rooms seemed to be going well, of course, Louis had known that from his ear piece.

However, the mention of Shuter made the Frenchman's lips purse. His jaw set at the mention of the waste of space that had so kindly been given a second chance. "C'est un gaspillage d'espace. Devrait l'avoir tué dans la dernière leçon." He muttered to himself, under the impression that the witch would not hear him even if she had heard.

"I'm glad you're holding the room well, Caldwell. I knew you were the one to hold this room." He told the witch, a very tiny hint of pride inflicted on his tone. Louis didn't look at the witch, because he knew his exterior would be compromised. That, was something Louis most definitely couldn't allow.

So right now, it was most definitely not happening.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:27 pm

At his muttered words she couldnt help a slight snort escape, but immedietly she resumed her neutral expression, pretending that she hadn't lost composure even for a second, although she was most certainly amused.

"I'm glad you're holding the room well, Caldwell. I knew you were the one to hold this room."

Not even missing a beat she answered, "Merci beucoup. Est-ce que vous vous amusez, Sir?" Trying not to beam with pride at his words and trying to not let on how amused she was, since she expected he assumed that she didn't understand french, but her grandmother had insisted on instructing her from a young age.
And now, for the first time, it was proving very useful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:59 pm

"Merci beucoup. Est-ce que vous vous amusez, Sir?"

The colour drained from Louis' face at the witch's comment. Many curse words found themselves into his head, but none were spoken because it wasn't polite to speak so crassly in front of ladies. "I..." Louis began, pausing to collect his thoughts. "Please don't mention that to anyone."

The latter of the questions made Louis look down at the witch. "I'm enjoying it as well as anyone could given the situation we are all in." He replied, eyes wandering back across the hall with interest in the people coming in and out of the rooms.

"If you're okay, Caldwell, I'll be on my way." Louis commented, knowing standing around with the witch would be pulling the concentration away from both of them. It was best to carry on, because right now, they were distracting one another, and that simply wasn't allowed.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 am

"Please don't mention that to anyone."

The aspiring Auror nodded, "It would not be my place to mention anything, Sir." Her expression remained relatively neutral with the slightest hint of a half-smile. Marilyn was now full of a new confidence that settled her nerves and gave her an extra push to soldier on steadily.

The witch nodded at his answer but didn't speak, simply because it was not necessary. Instead she continued to scan the crowd.

"If you're okay, Caldwell, I'll be on my way."

"Yes, Sir." Mari nodded once more, eyes still on the crowd. This was important, they really could not afford to not be able to focus 100% on the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)   Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress Report (Marilyn & Louis)
Page 1 of 1