Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bored and Grumpy (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

Bored and Grumpy (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Greg leaned up against the railing of the balcony and stared down at the crowd. He wondered what would happen if he threw some food down onto unsuspecting dancers. Greg smirked at the thought but it quickly disappeared. He would get in so much trouble if he did that. Greg continued to mope about even being here. Dumb ball! He should be making a lesson plan. Not like he'd do that anyway. Greg is more of an improv guy and that suited him well in the Muggle world but Greg figured he couldn't get away with that here. Greg suddenly turned around but he knocked his cane over. "Shit!" Greg cursed and looked down at his cane. He gripped the railing harder so he could kneel down to pick it up. Greg got his cane and stood up again. Greg sighed. He figured it would only get worse from here.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Mycroft had to admit that the girls had out done themselves in the ball. Everything was bright and elegant, a mixture of muggle and magical, from the muggle music, to the classic magical culture's food. The professors really outdone themselves with helping. But looking around he realized that he had lost Teagan sometime after they entered together.

He knew that since she was the Headmistress she would take her sweet time greeting students, professors and so forth. He tried to do the same, briefly, that is, then went to the part that mattered. Some time away from so many students. He figured that the best part of the end of the year was three months of not seeing them. He just couldn't wait to lounge around for a week, and then go back to work at the ministry.

At the moment he couldn't even relax, with the looming plans, he felt jittery and in need of fresh air. He saw a man already at the balcony and saw him struggle with picking up the cane. He assumed he was a professor, and not in Hogwarts, rather Salem. Walking over he saw the man's disposition and knew he was frustrated.

"Evening" he greeted politely studying the man before him.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 pm

"Evening"

Greg turned around to see who was speaking to him. God he hoped it wasn't a student. He didn't want to talk to any kids right now. He was glad that it was not a student but his deductions ended there for the moment. "Evening." Greg replied. Should he introduce himself? Oh what the hell. It's not like anything bad will happen if this man knew his name. "I'm Professor Greg House. I teach Muggle studies... at least I will be next term." Greg said and stuck his hand out for the man to shake if he wanted to. "I'm just glad to be back from the Muggle world. They can be such idiots sometimes." Greg said and shook his head. Greg thought back to Laura if only she told him about Alec before she died. Greg thoughts went back to his time as a Muggle Doctor. He was lucky he convinced the Muggles that he had a idiosyncratic infarction in his leg and that caused his leg issues instead of a curse.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Mycroft studied the man curiously, and as he introduced himself, he stuck his own hand out to to shake the man's hand and forced himself to let out a polite smile. Apparently Teagan had forgotten to tell him that she had hired a new professor. Muggle Studies...he remembered his parents preventing him from letting him to even touch anything muggle, let alone classes.

"Pleasure, I'm Mycroft Holmes, Headmaster at Hogwarts and Potions Master of Salem." he introduced himself.

"I'm just glad to be back from the Muggle world. They can be such idiots sometimes." Greg said and shook his head.

Muggle World? It was no surprise then that the man was either a muggleborn or halfblood. No pureblood willingly went to the muggle world, unless it was business, or was those "progressives". He had only gone a handful of times, not the most comfortable around it, but Teagan liked the idea being a muggleborn herself.

"Never was fond of it to be honest" He drawled, "Too confident in technology to keep an open mind"
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm

"Tell me about it! I once knew a Muggle father that was in the army. He concentrated too much on the military. He didn't even know his child's name." Greg said and scowled at the thought.

He didn't want to say that father was his own father. Why did he have to pretend to love the man that abused him? Greg shook these thoughts from him mind. He couldn't get too caught up in that right now. Greg figured he needed to distract his self. As much as Greg would have preferred not talking the man that introduced himself as Mycroft Holmes it was currently his only distraction.

"I used to work in the Muggle world as a Doctor. Those were some of the worst years of my life. You wouldn't believe some of the morons that I had to treat." Greg said.

God why did he decide to talk about work! He could of talked about other things like Music maybe? Greg didn't know much about music from the Magical World. He'd always prefered Muggle music. Heck he plays piano and guitar! Mycroft didn't seem to know a whole lot about the Muggle world so that was out of the question
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Mycroft's early years were the usual pureblood experience. Going to Hogwarts, getting into Slytherin, annoyed at the constant push for the Gryffindor agenda or Harry Potter's heroism. It was after the war, after he fought, he realized that he had done the right thing by fighting with Potter. The moment he walked into the career of choice, he began to read about the muggle world. He was always a sympathizer, but the older he got, the more curious he became of the muggle world. Only on missions did he enter that world, but Teagan had pushed for more.

"I used to work in the Muggle world as a Doctor. Those were some of the worst years of my life. You wouldn't believe some of the morons that I had to treat."

Doctors, he remembered it being the equivalent of a Healer. He nodded his way and smirked thinking about the way regular people acted about medicine, diseases etc. They were so typical, didn't understand it and it scared them.

"Medicine hm? Could never get into it, never had the patience. I barely have some when it comes to teaching. But I like when you get those handful of students that just...really try" he commented. "But the muggle world? The only good thing about it, as far as I remember was the painting, creativity and the arts. It's admirable"
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 am

Greg listened to Mycroft. "To be honest I think my patents had to be more patient with me then me with them. I figured I'd give teaching a go. It's probably better for my son Alec that way." Greg told Mycroft. He almost grinned when Mycroft mentioned the arts. "In my free time I play Muggle instruments, mostly Guitar and Piano. I think my guitar is in my office somewhere..." Greg trailed off. He wondered why he was being so social. Its like coming back to the Magical World has changed him. Greg feared that it might be true. Many people have tried to change Greg but have never succeeded. Theres no way he'd be able to change by his self right?
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am

Mycroft looked at the man and he tried to study him well enough. He was older than Mycroft, by a few years that much was clear, and from the maturity in his gaze it had been a hard one. Despite the light conversation he made, it had a feel of crassness, even in the gallantry.

He nodded, despite the way that people looked down on teaching, at least in the muggle community, he figured that if the man had the credential he should teach. He knew of people who taught Muggle classes in his time that knew nothing of the world except in a twisted discriminatory way.

"In my free time I play Muggle instruments, mostly Guitar and Piano. I think my guitar is in my office somewhere..." Greg trailed off.

"Hm" he made a noise, a music lover was rare at least music with taste. "I do enjoy playing instruments myself, the violin specifically. And while I do prefer classical, I do appreciate jazz from the muggle world. But I have to ask, why Salem?"

Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:43 am

Greg froze at the question of why he chose Salem. Memories of his childhood flew back into his mind and most of them were not good. Like when he'd get ice bath punishments from his dad or when he'd bring out the belt. Greg shook his head to attempt to banish the memories.

"I don't need this right now." "He can't do it anymore" Greg repeated in his mind over and over as he tried to stop his thoughts before they went any farther.

"I uh... went to school here when I was young." Greg somehow said with a lump in his throat. His mind started to clear. "And my son Alec is here." Greg told Mycroft.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 am

Mycroft nodded. The man was a strange one, but not in an unpleasant way. Like him, the man didn't do much talking, and he was a bit quiet but in a thoughtful sort of way. Nothing outwardly said that the man had a few screws loose, but he mulled over everything a lot. For some odd reason made him feel like he was forcing conversation, and he was never a talkative person.

When the man finally answered him Mycroft nodded. He wanted to teach Hogwarts for the same reason. He was raised in Hogwarts and had considered him a home away from home.

"I suppose that's why I chose Hogwarts at first. Except I don't have children of my own. One adopted, but she's sixteen" he chuckled. "I suppose I don't have the fatherhood thing down, but I figure I'm doing okay. Both her and my baby sister are at Hogwarts."
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:06 am

"I didn't know about my son until he was 10 years old. I guess I shouldn't of been screwing around with the Interns." Greg said and smirked but realized how that might sound bad. "I don't do that stuff anymore. I've already learnt my lesson." Greg said. Alec was a good kid. He hasn't done anything bad at all. "His mother died in an accent about a year back." Greg looked down at his shoes. "I don't think I'll ever turn out to be a good father for him. He deserves better than me. I'm too screwed up and think he's afraid of me. Never brings up anything to me." Greg admitted. Greg felt horrible. Alec would be much better off with a different father. "I didn't have a good example for a father." Greg told Mycroft.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

"I didn't know about my son until he was 10 years old. I guess I shouldn't of been screwing around with the Interns." Greg said and smirked but realized how that might sound bad. "I don't do that stuff anymore. I've already learnt my lesson." Greg

Mycroft's eyes widened, but he was thankful with the dim lighting that hid the surprise and confusion in his expression. The man was definitely full of surprises. He never put him as a cad, but in his smirk, perhaps it was a joke as to how much copulation occurred with him and his colleagues. He could never be like that, because he was a one woman kind of man, and that was easily enough Teagan. But as the man kept talking, he felt sympathy.

"His mother died in an accent about a year back." Greg looked down at his shoes. "I don't think I'll ever turn out to be a good father for him. He deserves better than me. I'm too screwed up and think he's afraid of me. Never brings up anything to me." Greg admitted. "I didn't have a good example for a father."

He couldn't imagine have a child out of no where, at least from his blood. Rhian had been a child that needed a home, a girl that had lost her family from a muggle attack. He didn't say that at first he had paternal instinct, not at all, but he treated her the way he would have treated Tess in every way shape and form. From then on an attachment form, that while she was not his, it'd been three years and he was glad to be as close to a father as he was getting for a while.

"I can't say fatherhood is the easiest thing in the world. I adopted my daughter at twenty-five? Barely turning twenty-five" he chuckled, "best decision of my life, but I can't say that anyone has had the prime example of a father. It's moving forward and become more...learning from the failures you saw."

By no means was any pureblood father a good one. Always cold, demanding, especially at a young age. It was either perfection or not bothering to show up, but that's how he found success in the world, by harsh teaching methods. But that was him, he knew that the way he was raised to succeed brought fear to Tess every time their father even approached her in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:51 am

A voice in the back of Greg's mind was screaming. Just tell the man about your damn father! Greg's rational mind was trying to shush the screaming voice. Greg figured at this point he'd either shut down completely or say something he'd regret for the rest of time. This is the point where a Muggle would bring out there cell phone. Greg's eyes darted around the room. If he could only find a bathroom.

GREGORY A SOLDIER NEVER BACKS DOWN!

Greg jumped at the sound of his father's voice in his mind. Greg needed to get out now. He was in full out flight mode. It doesn't hurt as bad if you are in the fetal position Greg's mind said to him. Greg started to wobble away only for his hands to shake so hard that he lost his grip on his cane. Greg protected his head as he tumbled to the ground. Greg somehow ended up in the fetal position and was mumbling. "I know father. I wont do it again Sir." Greg mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:59 am

Never in his twenty-seven years of his life did he ever see a man come from a very sarcastic dry mood to becoming a traumatized boy in a matter of seconds. First came the jump, that surprised him too, making him make a pass for his wand in his tux. Then came the tumbling down of the man, who lost grip on the cane he pressed his weight on.

Slowly the man began to curl on the floor and Mycroft looked around surprised and frightened about what just happened. One moment talking about fatherhood, then right after he was on the floor. Mycroft immediately grabbed the cane and bent down, looking at the man to see if he had any injuries.

"I know father. I wont do it again Sir." Greg mumbled.

He gently, scared to even scare the man all the more, placed a hand on his shoulder. This was not normal, and he wondered how hit the man was to even teach in the institution. Perhaps he had caused a trigger?

"He's not here" he said softly. He'd seen cases like this.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 am

Greg shoulder flinched when something touched it but he soon realized it wasn't the belt. He calmed slightly.

"He's not here"

Greg's mind slowly went back to reality. He realized he wasn't standing anymore. What had happened? Greg's leg was burning a bit more then usual but he could take something for that. Greg looked up to see Mycroft's face. Greg finally recalled what happened. Well there goes his job. "Oh crap!" Greg said and sat up suddenly. "I'm so sorry! That hasn't happened in decades." Greg said. His face now red. He was fired for sure. No chance of getting another job. He's too much of a jerk. He was still amazed that he got this job. Well that's gone now. "I'll just get out of your hair. I wont come back anytime soon" Greg said grabbed his cane to stand up.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 am

Mycroft felt sympathy for the man who looked lost in his world. He had seen this before, when he was dealing with cases that dealt with psychological problems. But as he touched the man, did he begin to react and lifted his head. The man's blue eyes had a touch of confusion and he saw Mycroft. Soon enough, reality hit and the man looked horrified.

He felt some sympathy as he was already saying that he was going to get out of his hair and stopped the man from rambling. Handing him the cane he helped him up as best he could and hoped to get him to look back to normal.

"No need to apologize, it can't be helped and..." he took a deep breath "absolutely nothing happened."

Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 am

"What do you mean nothing happened? I just had a panic attack." Greg said. Why was Mycroft seeming to almost brush this off?

"You can't be a teacher at this rate or really anything." Greg said to himself.

Greg laughed nervously. "I told you I'm not fit to be a father." Greg said and shook his head. "I'm pretty worthless eh? I should just stick to the Muggle World. Everything seemed to work out there." Greg said but when he said it seemed to work out it's more like sucked at bit less. He had connections in the Muggle World. Greg could easily get a new job there and act like nothing ever happened. No wonder he thought he could teach Muggle Studies. He hasn't used magic in a really long time. Greg half wondered if could even do any spells anymore. The only thing he did sometimes in the Muggle World was change into his Animagus Fox form. That was always fun.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:13 am

Mycroft sighed for the man hadn't gotten the hint. He was not going to tell Teagan that the new professor had some major skeletons in their closet. And maybe Greg was embarrassed about all of it, so Mycroft didn't want to dwell on it. He was a kind of man who knew that the subject needed to be dropped when it got too heavy.

"What I mean to say is....I'm not telling the Headmistress what happened. You aren't going to lose anything over a lip up. What I do suggest is seeing a Healer, maybe to prescribe some calming draught" he explained softly.

His voice had lowered, trying to use the tone that would calm down his girls.
"I told you I'm not fit to be a father." Greg said and shook his head. "I'm pretty worthless eh? I should just stick to the Muggle World. Everything seemed to work out there."

He sighed.

"No one in the world is perfect. Everyone has baggage, some heavier than others but they can still move forward. And the Headmistresses never hires people that are worthless, and I don't tolerate people that are obviously carrying potential to think of themselves that way. Throughout my career I've seen people do extraordinary things, and you sir have a career, a heavy resume under your name no? As for fatherhood, there is no formula it-it's not a potion that you make sure you follow instruction. It's just a learning process. Try to learn"

He wasn't really good at giving advice, it wasn't really his forte, after all he was only twenty-seven and had barely had any real fatherhood experience. But he was trying.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:31 am

Greg genuinely smiled and that doesn't happen often. He didn't understand why Mycroft wouldn't tell the Headmistress but Greg was just glad he wasn't. "Thank you." Greg said and shoved one of his hands in his jacket pocket. His hand found what he was looking for. Greg took out a bottle of pills. "It's Muggle medicine for my leg. It works okay." Greg said and dry swallowed a pill. He wished the relief would come faster but he couldn't do anything about that. "Some people cursed my leg a while back. I'm lucky I could even keep the leg." Greg told Mycroft. Greg chuckled. "I always had trouble with defensive spells." Greg said.

Bored and Grumpy (Open) Dr-house-lt3
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Mycroft nodded and didn't look at the man, he wasn't good on how to react to being thanks. It was something he did not because he was fond of charity, or had a good heart, at least he didn't think so, it was because everyone had issues. Everyone had baggage, were broken, in one way or another.

"No need" he replied honestly, "Teaching muggle studies in no way is concurrent with your personal life. So long as you do not mix the two, there is nothing to tell Miss Finn about."

As the man took the pills, Mycroft said nothing, instead studied him, wondering why he was giving him a second chance. He had little authority in America anyways, he supposed he could let it go.

"Some people cursed my leg a while back. I'm lucky I could even keep the leg." Greg told Mycroft. Greg chuckled. "I always had trouble with defensive spells." Greg said.

As the man explained his past, he nodded understanding how a cursed leg, when untreated or treated too late would cause such a disturbance.

"While not much can be done about the leg, perhaps strengthen your defensive spells, especially tonight" he replied, hands behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Grumpy (Open)   Bored and Grumpy (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bored and Grumpy (Open)
Page 1 of 1