Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 am

How long it had been since Azalea had left, Jake didn't know. Counting days was pointless, and to be quite honest, it was best not to. No, he was making it through the day just fine, and though sometimes his mind wandered, wondering if she was okay, each day seemed to make it less of a worry.

So, Jake had sent a note to Gavin, telling him they were going out in the age old fashion. Even though things had changed since the years at Salem where the two Belladonna's had managed to find girl after girl for the older of the duo, Jake was sure that his best friend could pull of the same feat just as easily. And if he didn't want to play Wingman this evening, well, a quiet drink and a catch up would never go amiss to the two boys.

Pulling on a black shirt and a pair of jeans, Jake left his parents house and apparated to the pub he'd told Gavin to meet him at. It was a relatively upbeat bar, one that didn't care too much about ID. Something Jake was thankful of, even though he was almost at the age to legally consume alcohol.

Ordering in the drinks, Jake leant against the bar, sipping at his beer and taking in the splendid view of women that the bar boasted. Now this, this he had missed.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Gavin had been immensely worried about Jake since he found out about the split between him and Azalea, but he knew from past experience the best way to handle Jake at times like this was to let him know that he was there for him, but give him his space. So that's what Gavin did, he'd touched base with Jake and let him know how to reach him but left him alone to deal with things on his own knowing that he'd reach out when he was ready. So when he'd gotten the letter from his best friend, he readily agreed. Both because he was always going to be there for the older man, but also because he needed a drink himself. Between his classes at university, his parents still not talking to him, and his very real feelings of loneliness he tried to ignore; a drink--or five--would go along way to easing his mind.

When the designated time arrived, Gavin showered and dressed up a bit. he wanted to look nice, but not over dressed for the kind of bar that Jake would probably want to go to. Checking himself out in the mirror and tying his hair back into a small ponytail he apparated to the bar in question. Jake wasn't hard to find and he approached the older man slapping a hand on his back. "Jake mate, nice to see ya dude." Picking up the drink that Jake had likely ordered for him he took a sip. He didn't want to ask how Jake was holding up, because he knew that that was a stupid question. If the man wanted to talk and have a heart to heart, he wouldn't have suggested they go to a bar. No he was sure that Jake wanted to just have fun and forget, which is something that Gavin was more than happy to facilitate.

"So what kind of trouble are we getting into tonight bro?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 pm

"Jake mate, nice to see ya dude."

"Gav!" Jake replied, pulling his best friend in to a bit of a bear hug. It had been a long time, too long in fact, and likely all of Jake's doing. But, the duo had been friends for too long for such things to get in their way, and both had promising careers which took up vast amounts of their time. "Right back at ya, man! I can't tell you how glad I am to finally have some damn male company!"

It was true, with his dad always at work, Jake was stuck with his mom, Mary or Mari. Not that any of them were bad company, but sometimes you just needed time to lad out. There was no better place to do such a thing as this bar, either.

"So what kind of trouble are we getting into tonight bro?"

"Preferably the kind where I don't remember much until a blond head pops out under the sheets tomorrow morning?" Jake replied, grinning as he took a swig of his beer. It was crass, but Jake didn't care. That's what people came to bars for, and that was how he planned the night going. "But first," Jake added, waving to the bar man who brought two shots of vodka over. Lifting his glass, Jake turned to Gavin. "To being single!" He toasted with a wolfish grin.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Gavin simply smiled and shook his head and Jake's lewd comment, that at the very least hadn't changed at all since the last time Gavin hung out with single Jake. Though he had to wonder how much of his best friend's bluster was an act he was putting on. For now Gavin would take everything that Jake said and did at face value, unless the older man gave him a reason to suspect otherwise. Tonight the two of them were on a mission to have some fun, and Gavin was more than happy to do his best to provide. "I know what you mean bro. Most of the people in my classes are girls, and I've been spending a lot of time with Mary getting our apartment settled, so yeah there's been a distinct lack of testosterone in my life."

He grinned a bit and took the shot that Jake gave him, of course he wasn't happy about toasting to being single but he was going to let Jake have his moment. "To being single bro." He muttered back before raising the glass and clinking it with Jake's before throwing the shot back. Vodka had never been his liquor of choice, but he wasn't paying so he wasn't complaining. Grabbing his beer and turning to lean against the bar so he could scope out the crowd. He immediately could tell that he and Jake were drawing attention, after all they were among the most attractive guys there. Shaking his head he turned to Jake. "Yeah getting laid in this place will be about as hard as shooting fish in a barrel."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm

As Gavin explained that a lot of his class were female, Jake couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at the thought. Knowing that Gavin wasn't interested didn't make the sound of a man complaining about too many women less amusing, however. "You can at least check out the guys together, right?" Jake asked, finding the comment slightly weird to start with but shaking it off. So long as it wasn't him being checked out, he didn't care what Gavin did.

"To being single bro."

At Gavin's hesitance in the toast, Jake gave the younger boy an apologetic look. "It'll come, just give it time." Jake told the boy, all the way through Salem he'd never thought himself capable of relationships. He'd managed one, and it hadn't gone to plan. For a while, he would simply go back to the usual mannerisms that he preferred before Azalea. Have fun.

"Yeah getting laid in this place will be about as hard as shooting fish in a barrel."

"That's the joy of being famous, man." Jake replied, smirking at the words as he took another deep swig of his beer. "But tell me about your flat, you and Mary sorted one yet?" Jake asked, yes he was looking for fun, but his best friend was here and much more interesting that any dunderhead in this bar could ever be.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:31 pm

"Just wish it would happen sooner rather than later ya know?" Gavin muttered quickly wanting to get off of this topic as quickly as possible. He knew Jake meant well by his comment, but Gavin knew if he dwelled on such thoughts he'd start getting depressed. Which is one of the reasons he so readily agreed to go out tonight, it beat sitting around in his room moping and studying. He quickly finished off his beer and ordered another one knowing that he should probably slow down, but going against his better judgement. It would only take him a few drinks to get drunk anyhow being a light weight and all, though he'd gotten better at not making a complete idiot of himself while drunk.

When asked about his and Mary's apartment search Gavin grinned a bit, "We actually have decided on one. It's right along the bay and has a gorgeous view. I'm moving in next month and Mary will come join me when school is out. We're in the works of planning a house party to celebrate our new found independence. Me thinks it'll be all kinds of epic." If he was honest with himself Gavin was excited about the party for more reasons than just having his own place. He knew that it would likely be one of the last times he got to party like a wild teenager. With school getting busy and him looking for an entry level job next year he simply wouldn't have time anymore.

Though he'd always make time for little outings like this with Jake, the man was pretty much his only family at the moment. Jake provided Gavin more comfort and stability than he was probably aware of, but their friendship had been one of the few things keeping Gavin grounded and from slipping into a depression. Shaking his thoughts from his mind he looked up and gave Jake a bright smile, "Speaking of being famous, you and I should get together for a game or something sometime. I know nothing clears my mind like a good round of Quidditch."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:16 pm

At the mention of things coming quicker, Jake let out a soft laugh. "Now that is not something I will ever wish for!" Jake replied, winking to his best friend at the joke. It was better, livening the mood so they weren't going to hit rock bottom. Jake drained his glass just as Gavin ordered in the next round, it seemed tonight was going to be a case of serious drinking, if this was the pace Gavin intended on keeping.

Which suited Jake just fine.

At the explanation of the flat, Jake smiled. A beach sounded nice, Jake would have to find some place to settle at some point, but right now was too soon. "That sounds great! Hope I'm getting an invite!" Jake replied to the explanation with a cheeky grin on his features. There was no doubt in Jake's mind that he'd be on the list, but it didn't hurt to at least pretend he believed it would be a debate in Gavin's mind.

"Quidditch? Sure, you can pop up to the stadium some time and shoot some hoops like you're a Meteorite. Get you a tour of the stadium too, if you like?" Jake suggested. "Though, it'll have to be before the end of the season, bro. My contract ends at the end of the season, and I'm heading to university." Jake told his best friend.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:45 am

"That's always been the difference between you and me mate," Gavin said as he took a healthy sip of his next drink, "and why I've always been more than happy to play the wingman." He grinned a little running his hands through his hair giving it a tousled playful look. "Besides do you know how many girls you can get using me for the gay best friend angle, girls absolutely eat that up. I think it's because they don't realize that other than liking guys...I'm pretty bad at the being "gay" thing." For the most Gavin prided himself on the fact that he never filled any of those gay sterotypes, more than content to just blend in being one of the bros. Any girl that attempted to mold him into some kind of shopping buddy, girl talking gay best friend was going to have a really bad time.

As the topic shifted to the house warming party he and Mary had been talking, the bright grin returned to the red head's face. He was looking forward to getting all his friends under one roof and celebrating all of their new lives, the thought had even crossed his mind to invite his sister as Gabby was the only member of his family talking to him after his coming out. Jake asking if he was going to get an invite made Gavin raise an incredulous eyebrow, "Jake bro it wouldn't be a party without you."

He gave a hearty laughed as he moved the two of them away from the bar and to a nearby booth that had opened up, "Ah you're quitting then? I guess it's a good thing I didn't take you up on your offer to get me a try out then. I'd hate being stuck on a team without you. I don't work as well with anyone else...you make me a better player." Though his words were serious, his tone was light and playful and his mood jovial, a definite effect from the shot of vodka earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 pm

"You're the best wingman!" Jake shot back with a grin. The comments on a gay best friend made Jake tense for the shortest period of time. He wasn't completely comfortable with the idea, but Jake was getting there, just using the correct terms out loud seemed... scary. But being "bad" at the whole thing made Jake smirk. "Too manly?" He joked, looking around at the girls. So far, nothing had caught his fancy, but there was time, there was always time.

"I know it wouldn't, can I bank on pretty girls being there too?" Jake joked. It was in a hopeful manner Jake thought that Gavin and Mary were moving in because they were something of an item, but after the recent talk with Mary, that hope was fast sliding. Still, it would be fun, especially if Gavin's birthday party had been anything to go by.

Following his fellow Belladonna to a booth, Jake nodded in reply to the question. "I've done my bit for the team, I want a new challenge." Jake explained, taking a sip of his drink. "I mean, it's all good fun, and I still love Quidditch, but I would rather give being an Auror another shot, you know?" And even if Gavin didn't know all the reasons behind that, Jake knew the younger man would be behind him all the way on what he wanted to do. "And your game isn't reliant on mine, Gav, you're just more comfortable. You'd be awesome without me, and you know it!" Jake told the boy, knowing Gavin had always needed the extra shot of encouragement wherever possible.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:11 am

"Apparently so man," Gavin said with a shrug, "when I came out to my family Gabby's first response was 'You can't be gay, you play sports.' I had a good hard laugh at that one."" He smirked a little as he sipped on his drink glad that he could at least start to joke about this kind of stuff around Jake when previously the thought of Jake even knowing about his sexuality made him nauseous. He knew it would take sometime for Jake to fully adjust, but their friendship was getting to that point that their friendship could be open enough.

As they sat in the booth Gavin draped his arms over the back of it his eyes looking for eye candy for himself. Though he planned on doing nothing but admiring from afar. While his confidence was increasing by the day he wasn't yet at the point that he could approach a guy first. When Jake started stroking his ego a bit Gavin blushed just the tiniest bit and rubbed the back of his neck, "I know I'm not bad Jake, I mean I was good enough to captain the team when you left. But I do play better with you around...even when you're just watching because I wanna make you proud I guess so I play harder."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:16 pm

"Apparently so man," Gavin said with a shrug, "when I came out to my family Gabby's first response was 'You can't be gay, you play sports.' I had a good hard laugh at that one."

Jake let out a soft laugh and then paused, thinking back to his Quidditch team in Moose Jaw. The thought was not a comfortable one, and so he gently pushed it away. If any of the lads in his team were gay, he most definitely didn't need to know, he decided. Best not to overthink such things, after all.

The comments on the Quidditch style, however, made Jake look at the younger man with a warm smile. How and when he ever got to be such an inspiration to Gavin was beyond him. Why he had to try harder was once again beyond Jake. But it was flattering, so very flattering. "You know you don't have to prove yourself to me, Gav? You being... just the way you are is enough." Jake told the boy, it was difficult to say out loud without sounding... weird. But Jake needed the boy to know that he wasn't expecting anything more than what he could give, because that was enough.

"So how's the Healing going? We've been talking about me mostly and as much of an arrogant tosser I am, I do care about my best pal. Have you got any work up at the hospital yet? Or are you planning on doing field work?" Jake asked casually, not that he knew much about the differences, but he'd heard it being spoken about in passing.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:19 am

"Yeah bro I know," Gavin said in response to Jake's comment, "what you have to understand though dude is that you are the closest thing I have to a big brother. So of course when you're around I'm gonna try harder and push myself just a little bit more. And not just with Quidditch either Jake--I mean you're so young and you've already accomplished so much so I push myself just a little more so that you don't leave me in the dust ya know?" He laughed a little bit and flashed Jake a bright and cheerful grin as he finished his drink, "Even if my current goal is just to be making enough money that you aren't footing the bill every time we go out drinking."

When asked about his healing Gavin got this look in his eyes equivalent to when he used to talk about Quidditch with people who were interested in the sport. "Well classes are going well, it's a lot different then classes at Salem that's for sure. As far as my future plans go...well I want to do a bit of contract work when I'm done with school maybe go back to Salem and work in the infirmary there...or go and be a field healer for the auror department; I'm not sure. All I know is that my end goal is to own a private practice and work mainly with children and magical creatures."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Jake listened to Gavin explain as to why he felt he had to live up to something that Jake had never set out. And quite honestly he didn't understand it for a moment. But what made it worse was that Gavin had repeated something that Mary had told him in their talk. "Gav, you know being a Quidditch player isn't an achievement? Everything that happened to me was... just luck. Now, something I'd class an achievement to be, would be to get a degree from the University, find a cure for something, invent something. Throwing a ball around for a living isn't an achievement."

He didn't touch on the subject of money, because Merlin knew that it didn't matter. Not to Jake, anyway.

The younger man's plans, however, made Jake nod along. They all seemed achievable with the work he knew Gavin would put in. "The Auror squad field Healer sounds good. You'll certainly get to see a lot, might also be a bit messy though..." Jake replied, not overly sure on that idea. "But it all sounds good. Especially the children's hospital. I think that's a great idea!" Jake encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)   For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

For Old Time's Sake (Gavin & Jake)
Page 1 of 1