Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

View from the afternoon (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

View from the afternoon (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:39 am

That day's training session was quite successful, Mary thought. He made her an obstacle course and even though she had some trouble with the Boggart, she practically destroyed the enchanted dummy, successfully avoided being shot by arrows, defeated Jake in a duel and only got singed a little by the fire he randomly started as a surprise. Even though Jake made her jump through hoops (literally), she was in a good mood by the end, albeit out of breath and in need of a shower.

Returning to the castle meant studying, staying up all night and dealing with her responsibilities, so the witch asked her Professor if he wanted to just hang out for a bit. He agreed and they walked down to the lake in a comfortable silence, interrupted only by an occasional hiss from the Head Girl when she touched the burned part of her skin. It wasn't a big deal, though and anyway, she had the balm in her dormitory and would apply it when she got there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:43 am

Mary's training session had been great. The witch had really come on this year, through both her determination and highly taxing training regimes. Jake was proud of her, and though he might not have openly said that, the smile on his lips when she succeeded most definitely told her enough.

The training that evening had been a challenge, they were nearly at the end of the year and Mary would be going off to Auror training in September. But what the witch didn't know, was that she wouldn't be going alone.

As the session had ended, Mary had asked him to spend a little bit of time just hanging out. Seeing as he didn't have to get home for anyone now, Jake had agreed, and they'd walked down to the lake in relatively comfortable silence. Apart from the occasional hiss from the witch beside him.

"Sorry, Mary." Jake spoke softly for the umpteenth time. He hated knowing he'd hurt her, it had been a test, but it'd backfired slightly. As they sat down, Jake took hold of shirt and ripped a strip out of it before producing his wand. A muttered spell later had produced water to dampen the cloth and he held it out to the witch, slightly abashed. "Apply this, I think it might help..." He told the witch, though the medical field had never been his forte.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 pm

"It's okay, really." Mary replied again with a soft smile. She knew Jake felt bad because she got burnt, but it really was her own fault. If she had paid attention, she would have seen the fire springing out of nothing and would have dodged.

Next thing she knew, Jake was tearing apart his shirt and by the time Mary yelled "Hey, no!", he was already wetting the shirt. She took it with a grateful smile and pressed it up against the burn, sighing in relief as it instantly felt better. "Thanks, Jake. I have a balm in my room, but this is really helping."

They reached the lake and Mary sat down on the grass next to it, watching the calm water. She recognized the place, Lydia and her spent many afternoons here and with a blush, she remembered Jake had seen one of them in DADA. Hoping he wouldn't remember that as well, she turned to him with a grin that wasn't really all together fake.

"Hey, how's Azalea doing? Haven't seen her in a while." she asked, partly because she was trying to get his mind off of that memory and partly because she was concerned for her friend. She hasn't heard from the other witch in a while and she was starting to worry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 pm

"Thanks, Jake. I have a balm in my room, but this is really helping."

"You're welcome." Jake replied softly, glad that he could at least do something. Next time, there wouldn't be fire, it was reckless. But, on the other hand, Black Widows weren't going to hold back, so he probably shouldn't either. It was always weighing up the pros and cons of all the different scenarios that was so difficult.

As they settled, Jake leant back on his arms, watching the surface of the lake as it rippled with various creatures disturbing it intermittently. It was relaxing, and familiar in a way Jake couldn't quite remember why...

"Hey, how's Azalea doing? Haven't seen her in a while."

The words were like someone had poured an ice cold bucket of water over him. Jake had to swallow softly as he looked out across the lake, trying to think of something to say. Why did explaining this have to be so difficult? "She... left. About a month ago." Jake whispered, his eyes not moving from lake. Break ups were never nice, but this one had been difficult. Humiliating. But it had also been the first time in a number of years that he could truly see what he wanted to be in the future. "She wrote a note, left before I got home. Went back to her dad's house." Jake explained, tears wouldn't come because all the tears he'd had for the girl had been stolen in the first weeks after she left.

Now things were just a little... Empty.

"I moved home. Sold the flat. It's the past." Jake dismissed. Did he want to talk about it? Yes and no. Did he no how to do that? Absolutely not.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:24 pm

When Jake replied, Mary froze in place. Mostly because she had no idea how to deal with this and also because the words hurt her more than she would ever think they could. One of her best friends left her boyfriend a month ago and Mary didn't even know about it? And... how were the two of them dealing with this? Did they even see each other anymore? Surely they did, around the schools... Come to think of it, she never saw them in the same room or same corridor anymore. She had been so busy thinking about herself that she completely missed that they broke up!

A few minutes passed before Mary collected herself enough to speak. What the hell do you even say in a situation like that? She reached out and awkwardly patted him on the shoulder, excruciatingly aware that her eyes were very wide, as she was still in shock from the news.

"That's... that's horrible, I'm sorry." she said finally, keeping her eyes fixed on the lake. She couldn't chance looking at Jake, what if he was crying? The sensible part of her, the part that wasn't panicking, forced her too look at the man and offer a sympathetic smile. "Do you want to talk about it? I read that it really helps... And if you need a place to stay, you're always welcome to live with Gavin and me. I mean, I'd have to ask him first, but you're his friend, right, so I'm sure he'd say yes." The witch took a breath to stop herself from rambling on and gave Jake the chance to reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm

When Mary said she was sorry, Jake shook his head. "Don't be, I guess some things just... don't always work out how you want them to." Jake replied, turning his head slightly and giving her a small smile that said he was doing okay. "And as to talking about it, I don't know what there is to say. It wasn't a bad break up, exactly. I'd been worried something else was going to happen... this... I wasn't expecting this. But, I understand that she couldn't see things working between us anymore, so she left."

It did, perhaps sound like he wasn't overly fussed about the break up, but Jake was. He didn't totally understand why she'd had to leave when he'd told her a hundred times that the incapability of having children didn't both him. But to Azalea, it had mattered, and perhaps that was just one of many ways they would always be so different. "So long as she's happier now, that's all I really want." Jake added finally, because despite the whole thing, all he ever wanted for the witch he'd loved so deeply was for her to be happy.

"And if you need a place to stay, you're always welcome to live with Gavin and me. I mean, I'd have to ask him first, but you're his friend, right, so I'm sure he'd say yes."

Jake's eyes moved to Mary then, looking at her with slight confusion, apprehension maybe. "I'm staying with my parents at the moment, I wouldn't want to burden you like that. Besides, I am absolutely useless around the house!" Jake told the witch, shaking his head. "Ad barely ever home to begin with. But, thank you." The professor added, slightly belatedly. It was a nice offer, and offer worth considering, but he couldn't decide right now. There was just so much to work out right now.

"But... enough about me. How's... I... in the Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, with the Occlumency. There was a girl... I don't mean to pry, but you looked close. Are you two..." Jake couldn't say the words exactly, after Gavin had come out he'd found a tolerance to the notion of homosexuality. But he still wasn't comfortable. "Though I understand if you want to smack me right now for bringing up lessons outside of class." He added a moment later, letting out a soft chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:15 pm

As Jake sort of explained things in his own way, he adapted a tone that suggested he didn't really care, but Mary believed she knew him a bit better than that. Or at least she knew that Azalea and Jake loved each other and wouldn't just get over one another in a month. However, it could be that Jake was still hurting a lot and wanted to seem as if though he was okay. Probably something to do with being a man and 'masking his pain'. She didn't think it was the healthiest way to get over a break-up, but she believed everyone grieved in their own way and would let Jake have space until he was ready to talk about it.

"So long as she's happier now, that's all I really want."

Mary nodded and fought her instincts to hug him. He was pretending he was okay with it and she wanted to go along, at least for the time being. "I suppose it's for the best, if you guys weren't happy..." the witch said, trying her best to get rid of the uncertain tone in her voice.

Jake went on to talk about his housing situation and Mary nodded, staying with his parents while he wasn't at the schools sounded like a good idea. "Oh, I'm no use around the house either. I know a few cleaning spells, but that's it. Gavin said he knows how to cook, though, so I'm not gonna starve." she grinned, trying to lighten the mood.

"But... enough about me. How's... I... in the Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, with the Occlumency. There was a girl... I don't mean to pry, but you looked close. Are you two..."

The witch looked at Jake, confused. "Yes, Lydia. My girlfriend?" she asked, as if that was supposed to be obvious. Well, she thought it was obvious. She was sure Jake had seen them together before and Mary had certainly talked about Lydia with Jake. Yes, she was certain of that. And even though the memory was a bit hazy, she was sure she talked about their relationship that day at the beach... She just wasn't sure whether anyone was around while she was talking about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 am

"I suppose it's for the best, if you guys weren't happy..."

"I was happy." Jake muttered softly. True, he hadn't been sleeping nearly enough when Azalea was having her bad nights. True it hurt to see Azalea in the manner she'd gotten herself in to. But Jake had been happy with Azalea, he'd loved her, but it seemed that his love had not been enough for the witch. She'd needed to be away from him instead. "But I'll find happiness again." He added a little brighter, more because he knew that in the grand scheme of things, it had been a small portion of his life and he had so much more time to find everything he needed again.

"Yes, Lydia. My girlfriend?"

"I see..." Jake replied, processing that information in his head. "How long have you two... been together?" The question was hesitant because Jake wasn't overly sure how to process it. Mary was his friend, and he didn't want problems. But this time, it was easier than when Gavin had told him. Hell, in another time when he wasn't her professor Jake might even have thought it hot. But that was inappropriate, so those thoughts simply couldn't arise.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:18 am

"I was happy."

The words made Mary's stomach clench and she felt how hurt he truly was over the break-up and she couldn't stop herself anymore. She hugged the man tight and didn't let go for a few moments, until she thought that Jake knew that she was there for him.

"I'm really sorry, Jake. But yes, of course you'll find happiness again. Hey, I can help you with the ladies, if you want." the witch chuckled, trying to make the best of the situation. She didn't mention that she had only the vaguest idea of how to flirt, because she never really had to flirt with Lydia. They both just sort of knew that they liked each other and then they kissed and that was it.

"How long have you two... been together?"

If there was anything other than curiosity in his tone, Mary didn't pick up on it. She was too busy trying not to think how Jake saw them kissing right there and remembered it. "Since 5th Year." the girl smiled happily. "I thought you knew, though..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:20 am

The hug from Mary had come as a little bit of a surprise, but the professor hugged the witch back, appreciating the fact the witch was trying to help. It was a nice feeling, be hugged by someone who actually cared. Worried even. As the witch pulled away, Jake gave her a small smile in thanks.

"I'm really sorry, Jake. But yes, of course you'll find happiness again. Hey, I can help you with the ladies, if you want."

Jake let out a soft chuckle at the witch's words. "I'm sure you can." He replied softly. "And thank you." He added, showing he appreciated her efforts. Though the young man didn't think for a moment getting a lady would be too difficult. Not for a night, anyway. But then the Belladonna had always been highly egotistical about such things.

"Since 5th Year." the girl smiled happily. "I thought you knew, though..."

"Two years..." Jake worked out, though it wasn't necessary to say it out loud. It just dawned on him how blind he'd been about everything around him. How blind he'd been to everything except Azalea. "Maybe I did, but never registered it." Jake replied softly. "I'm sorry." He added a moment later, shaking his head. He definitely had a lot of making up to do with more than one of his friends.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:32 am

"Maybe I did, but never registered it." Jake replied softly. "I'm sorry.

"It's okay." Mary replied lightly. "We like to keep things private, though we don't exactly hide or anything. We don't care if people know, but if they don't, we're not fussed either." she explained. She liked Lydia and as long as she knew it, it wasn't necessary for everybody to know.

A memory came to mind and the Head Girl smiled fondly, letting out a small chuckle. "When Oscar found out, he spent a good ten minutes laughing and saying 'I knew it'. Then he started teasing us and never really stopped." She shook her head and looked back at the lake, the fond smile still on her lips.

"I... If you want to talk about Azalea, you can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 pm

The memory shared with the witch brought a smile to Jake's lips. It was sweet, the teasing nature. He remembered Mike had been much the same when Jake had told his best friend that he was dating Azalea. Though there had been many more intricate questions that he definitely didn't need to share such a story with Mary. Especially seeing as it no longer mattered.

"I'm glad you've... found someone that makes you happy." Jake told the witch, genuinely meaning it. It was odd, how thinking of Mary as gay didn't see to bring the same feelings up as the idea of Gavin being gay did. It was confusing, but Jake decided not to dwell on that thought.

"I... If you want to talk about Azalea, you can."

"There's not really much to say." Jake replied to the witch, because if he did that would mean exposing information that Jake wasn't even sure Azalea wanted the world to know. "Things came up between us, and I thought I'd dealt with them, brushed away the insecurities Azalea was having. But I'd only fooled myself in to a false sense of security and before I knew what was happening, Azalea was gone. I... understand her reasons. I loved her, a lot. But when you can't make the person you love happy, it's better to let them go."

It had taken some time to come to that conclusion. Jake had fought with going to Kit's house in California, demanding to speak to Azalea, refusing to leave until they'd talked. But deep down, Jake knew that for Azalea to leave... It meant that she had decided she could live without him. It hurt, a hell of a lot to know the person you loved could walk away so easily, but it was better she walked away now before their relationship went down a spiral of many different emotions.

"But, I'm fine, Mary. Honestly. I know what it's like to love someone, I know how it feels to lose them. But I've also found out that sometimes the people you love, without meaning to, hold you back from the things you've always wanted." He summarised, not trying to be rude to Azalea, but it was the truth. He could... do whatever he wanted now, and answer to no one but himself, and in a weird way, Jake liked that.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:26 am

"I'm glad you've... found someone that makes you happy."

Mary smiled gratefully at Jake and gave a slight nod. "Thanks. Though I didn't really find her, she was just in my dormitory." she grinned as she joked. Of course, she wasn't dating Lydia just because of convenience, but because the witch was genuinely a nice person and she was adorable and smart and funny... Mary blinked and forced herself to not think about her girlfriend right then. She couldn't be daydreaming right now, Jake wasn't okay and he was her friend, so she'd be there for him.

She kept quiet as he explained things and even though it was more of a vague description, she didn't push it. Azalea and Jake both had the right to privacy and if they didn't want to share the details, Mary understood. She nodded at Jake's conclusion and searched for the right words. "Everyone deserves happiness, or at least a shot at it." she agreed. "Though you don't really need another person to make you happy and I think it's best if you work on being happy by yourself and then see if you can share that happiness with someone else." It wasn't directed only at Jake, she was speaking in general. She wondered whether Azalea was doing exactly that. Finding out who she was when she was by herself and finding out if she can be happy that way. Mary hoped she could. The older witch was her friend and she wanted the best for her.

Jake went on and Mary glanced at him, nodding. She agreed with that philosophy and was happy that Jake thought of it on his own. "What do you want to do?" the witch asked curiously. "You don't have to tell me, I'm just curious."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 am

At the joke of "finding" Lydia, Jake let out a soft chuckle. That was one way of putting it, he supposed. "You know, at Hogwarts there's this joke about the Hufflepuffs, I don't know how much you know about the Hogwarts Houses. But the Hufflepuffs are the kind and loyal house. But every now and again, there is this little joke about them being "particularly good finders". I personally don't understand the joke, but your comment made me think about that." Jake explained to the witch, shaking his head slightly. He didn't know much about Hogwarts, but that comment always amused him.

"Though you don't really need another person to make you happy and I think it's best if you work on being happy by yourself and then see if you can share that happiness with someone else."

"That... is pretty deep." Jake teased, looking to the witch with a slight grin. He did think about it though. Was he happy? Relatively happy, he had pretty much everything he wanted in life. He was moving on to something that he would get more out of in the long run. So yes, he was happy enough for someone who'd just come out of a long term relationship. He would just have to wait a little while longer for the wound to mend and he would be back on the right path.

At the question of what he wanted to do, Jake paused for a moment. "I don't know whether you know, but before I left Salem I was training to become an Auror." Jake explained, his eyes casting to the lake for a moment. "It was the same time that Victoria was... she... when Victoria went missing. I got as far as the psych test, but due to copious amounts of depression I failed at that stage. I had thought I was happy when I landed the Meteorites job, who wouldn't be? But I've realised now that it was always lacking in something.

"I always wanted to make a difference, you know? Help people, protect people. I forgot about that with various things going on. So, now I have a clearer head, I've decided to try out for the Auror squad again. Do what I really want to do." Jake explained, looking hesitantly to Mary. "So it looks like we'll be training together next year." He added.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 6:52 am

Mary listened to Jake's Hufflepuff story with interest and raised eyebrows. She knew the basic things about Hogwarts, but not details like that and it was truly fascinating. "Isn't their common room near the kitchens? Maybe the joke comes from the fact they always "find" food, or something like that." the witch chuckled.

"That... is pretty deep."

Mary snorted. "Well, I like to think occasionally, you know." she grinned back. She didn't care if she had sounded pretentious, if it would help Jake get happy again, it was worth it. Also, she's had a lifetime to deal with people thinking she was obnoxious and it didn't really bother her anymore. Honestly, she didn't see why she would have to act less intelligent just so others would be comfortable.

As Jake went on to explain he used to be in Auror training, the witch nodded. "I know that, I... Azalea mentioned it once. I didn't know why, though." She went quiet after that, giving the man time to explain things further.

"Jake! That's amazing!" Mary cried out happily when he finished. "I think you'll be great at it and, and we can train together! You need a partner when you're an Auror, right? Like policemen do. We could be partners! If you want, of course, I wouldn't force you or anything... Obviously." the witch added, making sure Jake knew he doesn't have to work with her, that it was just an idea.

"I'm really happy for you. And the Meteorites thing, I honestly can't see how you'd regret that. You played for a major Quidditch league and you were good! Also, I imagine you got a ton of money from it and that's never a bad thing." Mary teased, grinning. She was being completely serious, though and was incredibly proud of her friend. "You've achieved more things by the time you were 20 that most people do in their whole lives and that's just, it's incredible. And now you get to do even more." she smiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 am

"Isn't their common room near the kitchens? Maybe the joke comes from the fact they always "find" food, or something like that."

"I... don't actually know..." Jake replied, a small frown touching his features. When he thought about it, he didn't know where any of the common rooms were in Hogwarts. "I'll ask when I'm next there, for you." He added a moment later with a warm smile. There was so much he didn't know about the school he worked in, it was probably appalling!

The mention of Azalea made Jake grimace momentarily, but it wasn't noticeable. It was also highly likely that the witch had, Jake had been in and out of focus so much then, it had been a miracle he'd even got in to the Meteorites job.

And then Mary all but exploded with excitement.

Reminding him very much of Victoria as he listened to the explanation. "Course we can train together!" Jake told the witch with a grin. "And obviously I'd love to be your partner throughout the time together! I mean, it might be interchangeable, or we might not get to choose. But I know that if I have a choice it would most definitely be an honour to work with you!" He told the witch, just as excited as she was at the prospect.

The comment of regret made Jake shake his head. "I don't regret what I did! It's been fantastic, opened up doors for me in to so many things. It just wasn't exactly what I wanted. And the money was amazing, that's for sure!" He told the witch, especially now he'd also sold literally everything he'd owned and made a fortune from that too. Checking his watch, Jake let out a soft sigh.

"We'd best head back. Mom'll be worrying where I am." Jake told the witch, shaking his head as he got up. The professor held his hand out to the witch to help her up. "It's not something I missed, that's for sure, but that's the joy of being back home, I guess!" He joked.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 am

"I... don't actually know..."

Mary chuckled. "I think it is. I was looking at the blueprints once and one of the Common Rooms is near the kitchens... I think it's Hufflepuff. I know Ravenclaws have a tower, because I remember thinking I'd get really tired of all the stairs if I was at Hogwarts. And Slytherin is in the dungeons, I think, like Nightshade. Sneaky ones always get the dungeons, apparently." she mused. "I'm not sure about Gryffindor, though."

"And obviously I'd love to be your partner throughout the time together! I mean, it might be interchangeable, or we might not get to choose. But I know that if I have a choice it would most definitely be an honour to work with you!"

The Head Girl smiled brightly and bushed a bit at the praise. "Of course, we might not get to choose partners. Though I think I'd be okay being paired with just about anyone. Everyone has to be good, right, to even get in." Mary thought out loud.

Jake went on to explain he didn't regret anything and Mary grinned. "Good. I was just making sure." At the mention of money, the witch sighed and groaned. "I need to get a job. My parents told me they'd be glad to pay for everything, IF I stayed with them. And they're not happy I'm going to a wizarding University, they want me to go study science, like I wanted when I was little. They can't seem to understand I don't even have the qualifications for a Muggle college." she shook her head, frustrated. Every time they talked about that, her Mom said Mary could just take some exams over the summer and then everything would be good.

"We'd best head back. Mom'll be worrying where I am."

Mary nodded and got up to her feet. Sometimes she forgot Jake was only 20 years old, he seemed like a proper adult. She chuckled at the comment about not missing all the worrying. "Precisely why I want my own place." The witch got her jacket and her water bottle and then set out back to the castle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:04 am

As the witch explained to Jake what she knew about Hogwarts, Jake listened with a fond smile on his lips. It was so familiar to his little sister and yet so different it was unreal. "I honestly don't know, but that sounds true." Jake replied softly, getting the idea that Ravenclaw was the equivalent of Wormwood.

The mention of them only allowing competent people in to the Auror divisions made Jake nod. Last I checked they were increibly thorough with such things. But I'm sure if you're not up to scratch in lessons they'll soon kick you out." He commented being highly serious about the matter. He would have to work hard, univeristy was not going to be a doss, and in many ways, that scared Jake more than he could say.

The mention of jobs made Jake wave away her words. "The Auror corps put you on basic pay the moment you start learning. It's pittance, but it's something." He assured the witch, his dad had told him that much, but unlike most of his peers, the money wasn't even necessary for Jake.

"Precisely why I want my own place."

"I get my dinner on the table when I get home, until I can find someone willing to do that for me, I think I'll stay!" He told the witch, a cheeky grin. As they got to the main doors of Salem, Jake pulled the witch into a small hug. "See you next week, Mary." Jake told the witch before turning on his heel and heading off towards the gates of the school.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:32 am

"The Auror corps put you on basic pay the moment you start learning. It's pittance, but it's something."

Mary sighed in relief and a grin spread on her face. "Oh thank Merlin. I'll probably still get a job for the summer, though. Rent's pretty high, even sharing with Gavin." It wouldn't be much of a problem, hopefully, getting a part time job. A waitress, perhaps.

"I get my dinner on the table when I get home, until I can find someone willing to do that for me, I think I'll stay!"

The witch laughed, shaking her head. "See, I have Gavin for that. He said he knows how to cook and that's good enough for me." She hugged the man back, giving him an extra squeeze. "See you!" Mary replied and turned to walk back to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: View from the afternoon (Jake)   View from the afternoon (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

View from the afternoon (Jake)
Page 1 of 1