Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thana's Library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:03 am

After Thana had her discussion with Louise in the School Library about opening her own, she thought carefully and decided to do it. She had scoured all of England before finding the perfect place, it was a small chateau on a nice quaint Estate.

Thana had bought it and started to do her renovations, she had spent weeks at Hogwarts looking at books. During her weekly visits to the Ministry Thana had gone and bought books from the Muggle stores, paying for large orders of all kinds of books.

After she had ordered from the Muggle world, Thana went around and looked at what the Magic world offered. She ordered every book she could find, not caring about the price.

Over a few long weekends Thana went and visited the place, putting and arranging the books herself. Making it hopefully the best Library around, over time she was sure she would need to add more rooms and more books.

(Outside) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Chateau-martainville-france.jpg

The inside of the castle was really starting to come alive by the time Thana had told Louise about it, another few weeks and it would be ready.

(Some of the rooms)

http://www.evtiel.com/images/Old-Vintage-Home-Library-Design-with-Vintage-Wooden-Wall-Bookcase-Ideas-Furniture-Interior-Decorating-also-Old-Chandelier-Lighting-Design-and-Beautiful-Wooden-Flooring-Style-Ideas-for-Interior-Home-Library-Plans.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GbQLBoSA--A/SrjiiLB6baI/AAAAAAAAAXE/VF822ViP074/s400/via+Domino.jpg

http://1.lushome.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/home-library-design-ideas-bookcases-shelves-9.jpg

http://inthralld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/24-Cozy-Library-Designs-For-The-Home-4.jpg

Thana had designed the Library so it would be a full Library, not just one or two rooms but huge rooms. Every room had something different, with tons of nooks n cranny's for people to sit down and read in. Some rooms were modern, some old style. It was something for everything, hopefully Louise would agree to opening a shop here.

This was a place that Thana hoped would become famous for being used and a library for all ages. Though she still didn't have a name for it, she would have to find one. Something that fitted.

Thana went home after organising the Library for a few more hours, she went back and sat in her own Library. It was small compared to the one that she was designing. Hopefully within a few weeks it would be fully operational.

A few weeks later :

Thana had a suprise for Lou, she was ready to show her the library. It was ready. One afternoon she sent a message to her friend, telling her to come home with her for the long weekend, her house was up and running now. The ShadowBane Manor, but that wasnt what Lou was here for. Thana wanted her here so they could do business.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 am

Once Lou had received the letter she found a quiet spot to do a little happy dance. She was so glad that her friend had gone through with the idea of making a library to rival even the great library of Alexander. She readily agreed to join her for a tour one weekend. Perhaps it was her inner nerd but she was looking forward to looking at every book she could get her hands on, and spending some time with her best friend of course. The trip there was rather fast, having opted for taking the knight bus rather than floo, and she didn't have her apparation license yet. 

"Whhoa!" The outside looked stunning and huge. She took a run up to the doors, eager to see Thana again, despite seeing her around school quite often.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Thana had been waiting for Lou, and once she began running up the steps Thana opened the doors for her . "Hey hun" she said to her friend. Even though she saw her so much in school, Thana loved seeing Lou. "Welcome to the Library" she said to her friend. Waiting for her reaction, " Come on in and go nuts exploring"
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:44 am

The second Thana was in reach Lou hugged her friend tightly and grinned like a buffoon. "It looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it." She let go in order to walk with the Ravenclaw inside. The rooms looked absolutly stunning, every room looked like a different library. "Whoa! I bet once you open you'll have thousands upon thousands of people coming in. Everything looks just incredible!" She was particularly fond of the room with a ladder leading to a suspended reading area. She took note of some interesting tittles and medical journals, looking forward to being able to sit and read them, but wanted to finish the tour first.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 am

Thana led Lou all around the Library, most of the rooms were still unnamed. " that's what I would like your help for" Thana explained to her friend. " I need help with ideas. So far I have a few names, but I don't know what to call the Library even... I also would like your help with a few other things. This way hun" Thana said, leading her friend to an office like room. " Why don't you take a seat?" She offered, sitting on the other side of the big desk.

" Lou there is more than one reason I brought you here today. I must admit, I did invite your for a rather selfish reason." Thana told her friend, pulling out a big envelope. Inside was a contract. One Thana hoped to have with Lou.

I Thana. J . Semele, title and deed holder of the ShadowBane estate, its property and all its entitlements. Hereby offer Louise Grey a partnership in the Library built from ShadowBane resources. As such, fifty one percent of all titles and deeds shall hereby belong to the undersigned. Louise Grey, in the terms and conditions listed below.

• That the Library remain a free place for all races and religions to use.

• That all proceeds should go towards building a better future for children unable to attend school due to serious health and or sickness issues.

• That Louise Grey shall sell her edible creations, named by Thana as " Lolly Lou's Lollyshop" permanently within the Library.

• That Louise Grey will keep letting Thana Semele have first tasting rights to all lollies and edible creations made by Louise Grey.

Signed.

Thana.J . Semele

Signed

Thana had written the contract herself, she had give Lou the right to be a co founder o the Library, and offered to give her a full time shop within the Library. She hoped Lou would look at the contract and agree.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:09 am

"Hmm?" Help with something? Louise followed tot he office looking eager to please as always. She took the offered seat and listened intently, her enthusiasm still clearly shown but somewhat contained. She could help with names but her attention was drawn to the envelope and the contract inside. she read and re-read and re-read again before letting out a giggle. "You serious? Fifty one percent? Are you sure about that? I'd love to sell my sweets here, heck I'd love to send eighty percent of everything I make to the children's ward directly." She grinned, bubbling over with excitement at this prospect. "So all this is real? I can work here? After I finish school of course but I could do weekends for now." She offered, thinking it may be a bit much to juggle full time sweet making and school work.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:17 am

Thana watched as Llu read and re read the contract.

" Yes I am serious. You take fifty one percent of the title. Meaning you are a co owner and founder, and you will have a parmanent business here. When you have time, I don't want it interfering with your schoolwork. There's a kitchen as well, so you can create. Anything you need will provided for. " Thana replied to her friend. " All I ask is that you consider it" she said, hoping Lou would agree to it.

" All expenses will be paid for by my Estate, I shall pay you for your Lollies to be created, you can sell them here. With all proceeds going to the children. Which they will be able to use however they wish. They can take books from here, learn and be normal for a change" Thana explained. " If you would like help let me know, if not. Make them when you can, and I'll help you keep your grades up"
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 am

Well Louise was floored by this. This was such a massive undertaking. She read the contract again, rolling the idea around in her head. She was chewing her lip while she weighed up either going on with her education to be a healer or taking this up right away. She enjoyed making the sweets and seeing them bring smiles to people. She loved kids but she wondered what would help more, raising money or directly helping those stuck in hospital. Perhaps she could do some part time studies for that or at least be a first aid healer just in case. "I'll really consider it, I'd love to get it going but I've been thinking of being a healer too. Do you think we could work out a schedule, perhaps do the shop part time? Or hire someone to run it if I'm not there?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:03 am

"I'll really consider it, I'd love to get it going but I've been thinking of being a healer too. Do you think we could work out a schedule, perhaps do the shop part time? Or hire someone to run it if I'm not there?"

Thana just nodded, " That would be fine. If you were happy to give ou your deciphers, we could hire a staff team. That way you can study, but also be kept up with whats going on. It will be a proper company. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have no idea what I want to do yet. ... This isn't way for making up for past mistakes" Thana replied to her friend. It was a lot she knew, but she would make sure it didnt interfere with their lives totally.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:30 am

Lou put the contract in her school bag, where she'd brought a few things to last her the weekend and smiled at her best friend. The past mistakes comment made her think a bit, she had no idea what Thana could be talking about the girl had been nothing short of an angel, at least to her anyway. She quickly wiped her eyes with her sleeve, trying not to look overly emotional. "Thank you. I really don't know what else to say." She grinned again, then wondered if they were staying here at the library, then remembered Thana hadn't named it or the rooms yet. "Why don't we name the rooms after Bertie bots every flavor bean flavors? It's be entertaining and kids would love it."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 am

At the suggestion of naming the rooms after Lollies , Thana agreed. " Sounds like a plan... But I'd rather name it after your creations" she replied to her friend. " But lets worry about that tomorrow, its almost dinner time and we need to get to my house before dark" Thana explained, getting up.  She was glad her friend liked the idea. " How good are you at flying ?" She asked her friend, knowing full well she was good at it. The question didn even need to be asked really.

A/n
We'll continue in ShadowBane manor if you want XD
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:55 am

"Alright if you really want to use those." She smiled more thinking of what sweet names would suit the type of books each room had. The children's books would definitely be the chocolate polar bear section she thought. "Pretty good I think, as you well know." She answered with a grin. "I didn't bring my broom with me though, I left it back at school."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 am

Pretty good I think, as you well know." She answered with a grin. "I didn't bring my broom with me though, I left it back at school."

Thana laughed softly, " Don't worry about it, I have spares" she said, opening a cupboard to reveal several brooms. Thana picked out two Firebolt 2's, both in a deep green. Matching Slytherins house colour. " Can you tell which house I go for?" She asked her friend, gently and easily throwing her one of the brooms.

" The rest of your gear is already at my place, I had it sent through " Thana explained. " Well come on, Sebastian will be upset if I'm late for dinner again!" Thana called out, jumping off the balcony and onto the broom. She hovered. Waiting for her friend to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:08 pm

"Is there anything you don't have?" Louise asked with a giggle, taking the broom and admiring the sleekness of it before mounting and following her friend off the balcony. Flying felt natural to her now, after practicing so long at Quidditch. "If I didn't have to follow you you'd have to be the one catching up." She called back, keeping roughly two feet away from Thana minimum so she didn't knock into her. She wasn't sure how long they had been flying, probably longer than it felt really she enjoyed it far too much for it to drag. 

The manor came into view and she looked so huge, and grand. She looked at Thana with a raised eyebrow wondering just how much the girl had. Not that it mattered but she was just curious.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Is there anything you don't have?

Thana pondered over the question for a few moments, before replying. " Not really Hun." She said, landing her broomstick outside the main steps. " Welcome to my house.. " Thana said to her friend, and walking up the stairs.

" Only one rule in this house, stay away from the west wing" Thana explained to her friend. Together they walked to the smaller dining room, not the large done that she had but a smaller one. It was more homey that way. Set out on Table was an assortment of meats, pastas, and vegetables

. " Dig in Hun, there's no etiquette rules here" She said, picking out some pasta and vegetables for herself. Staying away from the meat. " After dinner I'll show you around the inside and outside of the rest of the house "
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:04 pm

Well that caught Lou off guard but she kept flying, coming into a clean landing alongside Thana, looking up at the colossal mansion, she chuckled though at the rule. "Beauty and the beast style huh? Or is there really something big and hairy living in there?" She asked half serious. She left her broom on the rack near the door and followed into the dining room, mouth watering at the spread. "I hope it tastes as good as it looks." Although Thana said there was no etiquette it had been drilled into Louise enough to eat properly and not to scoff everything in sight, no matter how good it looked. "Mmm This is really good."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 pm

"Beauty and the beast style huh? Or is there really something big and hairy living in there?"

Thana shook her head, "No, its just the one area that people aren't allowed to go to. I still have to fix it up you see, so its dangerous" Thana replied, giving a pretty good excuse. It was close to the truth, just bent a bit. She was glad that Lou liked the meal, and she did keep etiquette.

"Sebastian" she called to her butler, shortly the stocky man arrived. "Can I help you Miss?" he asked, Thana shook her head again. "No its alright, take the night off. I will clean up later" Thana told the man, dismissing him for the night. Unlike most families she knew, she treated her staff with respect. Even the house elves, they had proper clothing and anything they wanted.

"I am glad you like the food, Sebastian is a wonderful cook. He keeps me to my diet, though sometimes it can get hard!" She joked with her friend, Lou knew of her diabetes so it was easy to tell her. She rarely ever ate meat, mainly out of habit than not needing to. She could if she wanted, but old habits died hard with Thana.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Fair enough, Lou didn't fancy stepping then falling through two or three floors like an idiot. "Fair enough, I'll just stick with you then." While she finished the meal she watched the interaction between Thana and her butler with a smile. She made no comment but thought it was a very kind thing to do for the man, especially if he cooked like this every day. 
"So what did you have planned for tonight? Not makeovers I hope I've had my fill of those to last several lifetimes and probably with enough makeup to make over every other woman on the planet."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:04 pm

"So what did you have planned for tonight? Not makeovers I hope I've had my fill of those to last several lifetimes and probably with enough makeup to make over every other woman on the planet.".

Thana grimanced at the thought of makeup. She coloured her hair, and had on minimal makeup each day. That was it. " No way in hell!!" She replied to her friend. " I was thinking more of... Swimming" Thana told Lou. Finishing her meal. " You have yet to see the behind of the Estate.. I think you will like it"
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Louise giggled at Thana's answer and pushed her empty plate aside, feeling quite full and happy but it felt like a block of ice dropped into her stomach when her friend mentioned swimming. "I uh..can't swim and not too fond of the water either." She confessed, feeling awful for refusing the first activity suggested. "I wouldn't mind looking around though, save for the places I'm not supposed to go."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 pm

At Lou's denying of wanting to swim, Thana simply shrugged it off. " It's alright, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Oh before we get started.. I'm not like most purebloods. I embraced electricity and all the things that went with it. But enough of that, where would you like to go first?" Thana asked her bestie, happy that she enjoyed the food.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:02 pm

"I don't mind where we go, perhaps start from the ground up?" She offered, smiling back and standing to join Thana for the grand tour. She was already highly impressed with the manor, and with Thana saying she used electricity too it just made feel closer to home than she'd felt in a long time. She wondered how long it would last this time. Her smile fading as she thought of all the places she'd almost called home while being moved from place to place.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Thana nodded at the suggestion of doing a ground up tour . She quickly collected her plate, as well as Louise's and the cutlery and cups. Holding them easily and taking them to the kitchen. " This way Lou! Now you will know where to get your midnight snacks" Thana told her, showing her the spacious kitchen. It had plenty of room for Thana to cook, make a mess, and enjoy herself. "The double fridge has drinks, feel free. The single fridge has fruits and vegetables. If you want meat there is a cool room through that door" Thana explained to her friend, indicating to the door off to the side. " And the cupboards hold packaged food, sweets, lollies, anything you want really"

Thana walked over to the sink and out the dishes in it, she would get back to them later. " Now in this house it's 'catch and kill' meaning if you get hungry you can help yourself, at anytime. If you want a big meal just ask one of the elves, or Sebastian. Next is the bathrooms, there are three on each floor plus individual ones in most bedrooms. Oh, this floor also has the house elves rooms, I wouldn't advise going there unless a you want to gamble. " She said, it was true. She had gambling house elves, and there was nothing she could do about it.

" Right, the ballroom is on this level, and so is the mini theatre" Thana explained, taking Lou to both. " There is a smaller, more modern dance room as well, and a small gym. Both are on this floor. Pretty much the rest is rooms, oh there is a music room and a bar, I can show you either if you like. But yeah the rest are rooms, You can have your pick of the rooms on the top floor, it's the more feminine appropriate. Less guys to up and use the bathrooms, only the Senior Faowinds. They have their own rooms, and my one. All the rest you can choose from"
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:23 am

Every room had Louise starstruck, she doubted even muggle upper class had so much room and personal theaters. The kitchen area was her favorite by far, and was imagining the sort of creations she could make given a day of free reign in there. Not that she'd ask for that, not just now anyway.

The ballrooms, though not her favorite rooms were still stunning to look at, she was put in mind once again of beauty and the beast and could so easily see them dancing in there. Once on the floor where she could pick a room she really couldn't decide so picked one at random, excitedly jumping onto the bed and rolling around on it's vast sheets. "Whoa, this is just amazing, I don't think I'd ever have left the house if I had one as nice as this."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Whoa, this is just amazing, I don't think I'd ever have left the house if I had one as nice as this."

" I don't like to, but unfortunately I do have to go to school and bits" Thana replied, watching her friend roll around in one of the beds. " Getting comfy?" She asked, watching slightly amused. " and you can always stay here whenever you wish. It's a big house that I would like to share" she explained " so if the murrays ever get too for al and you want somewhere to be a complete nut, just rock up"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thana's Library  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thana's Library    Thana's Library  Empty

Back to top Go down

Thana's Library
Page 1 of 1