Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Victoria hadn't thought much about not hearing back from Jax over the holiday, and of course, she wasn't worried because she knew the boy was busy. After all, he had to go and see his mommy over the holidays, and if rumours could be trusted, he'd been spotted with a fellow Nightshade a few times. The name of the witch Victoria hadn't paid attention to, much like she didn't pay attention to rumours very much.

But whomever the girl was, Victoria had summarised that he'd spent the break with that witch, as most people did when they were in love.

The Wormwood was scouring the edge of the Night Forest, one of her friends had lost her ring that had been a thirteenth birthday present from her parents, and the whole of their dorm was out looking in the places she'd been recently. Freya had been so worried, Victoria couldn't say no to helping, even if her own search seemed to be drawing up blanks.

But, to keep her mind busy, the witch hummed softly to herself, Journey's Don't Stop Believing. Why the song had come to mind was clear as she worked, believing she would find the ring. As well as believing that at some point or another, Jax would show up, and confirm he'd received the present she'd so carefully crafted for him. But the humming and concentration on the floor meant Victoria was completely oblivious to the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:37 pm

The holidays had been rotten, even by the Blake family standard. Merida had to work Christmas Eve because she drew the shortest straw and was stuck waiting tables for the five snobby families who dined outside in the one place that could pass as a fancy restaurant in Jackson's small town. The leftovers from the place had been good though, and Merida had somehow managed to make him more sweaters that he assured her he would never wear but had ended up wearing under his school coat anyway.

Women, Jackson had long decided, were a double edged knife. They were nice so long as you handled them the way they liked it but very willing to show you who's boss if you as much as tried to make a point.

He'd thought Diem would be different.

His whole gait had been off the one week he'd walked without his flask, all the way back home and into his bed in an attempt to sleep his life away. But then on Christmas morning as he'd let Merida sleep in - the three presents under a sad looking shrub could be opened just as good in the afternoon - Jackson had noticed the anomaly, the brightly coloured packag that no way in hell could have originate from his house.

Opening the box later as Merida made eggnog had put a smile on the boy's face for the first time since the incident with Diem. Clearly she was wrong. So wrong, even a kid could tell it. Jackson had gone around the whole day with the engraved flask in his backpocket before realizing that he should write the Wormwood Princess a thank you but when it actually came to putting pen to paper, no words came. How do you thank a kid for proving your not quite girlfriend wrong and assuring you that you, Jax, did not have a problem?

So in true fashion, the teen had not tried. But he had been looking for ways to even up the score. No, he would not get her a present, not until the Ministry passed a damn law that presents needed to be returned, but evening the score wasn't so bad.

As the boy made his way to the fringe of the forest, wondering what creature could be making so much noise, Jackson slipped behind a tree, approaching carefully until the noise established itself as a humming.

And not just any humming. A bight smile, a rare occurrence, flashed on his face for a moment as he made his way out of the shadow of the trees.

"Just a small town girl," he hummed, not quite loud enough to be singing but clear enough to be heard as trying to keep a tune. "Living in a lonely world."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:27 pm

The ground was proving to be finding nothing. Freya wasn't going to be any happier about the situation if the fourth year Wormwood girls couldn't find the ring. How you could lose a ring Victoria would never know, especially seeing as Freya never took it off. Victoria shook her head, likely it was in the bathroom, or something, but she would keep looking.

"Just a small town girl, Living in a lonely world."

"She took a midnight train going anywhere." Victoria continued to sing, not registering that it wasn't her own voice that had started the words. But the Wormwood was too lost in her own little world to fully register such things right now.

"Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit." She continued, scouring the ground until she walked in to something much bigger than her. "Oops." She muttered to herself, before realising she wasn't in the tree line. Looking up from the ground, the small smile on her lips blossomed in to something much more meaningful as she looked up at the boy she'd been meaning to see for such a long time now.

"Jax!" Victoria exclaimed, hugging the older boy quickly before letting go. "Where have you been? Apart from classes I haven't seen you since the train! You did get your Christmas present, right?" She asked, the excitement in seeing the boy quite clear on her features as she took a step backwards. "And sorry, for walking in to you, I'm looking for something, though I don't think it's here."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:34 pm

"She took a midnight train going anywhere."

For a second, Jackson thought the child was singing back to him, but that was clearly not the case when she remained oblivious, singing to herself until she bumped into him with all the grace befitting a princess bent double on the forest ground.

The kid needed a new skirt, preferably a much longer one.

"Oops."

"You b-" the boy tried only have his circulation cut off as the princess launched herself at him with all the force of a great typhoon. "Uh.. yeah.." he managed, awkwardly petting her back before she let go.

"Where have you been? Apart from classes I haven't seen you since the train! You did get your Christmas present, right?"

"Got it right here," Jackson smirked, ignoring her first question and second sentence. Merlin knew - and so did half the world - that this kid could talk. "Thanks. Meridia says happy christmas to you."

Remembering the question that had first crossed his mind, Jackson looked at the Wormwood curiously. "Aren't you a little too young to know Journey? I don't know anyone born after 2002 who knows the song."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:56 pm

"Got it right here,"

The witch smiled, now she knew that Jax had received the gift. It had taken some time to get it right, so she was glad that the boy had at least liked it. The thanks that he gave made Victoria shake her head. "You're welcome, I thought you might like one, with the Nightshade badge." She explained, she'd noted the old one enough times to know it wasn't much special, though she wouldn't say that out loud.

"Tell Merida thank you. Did you have a good Christmas?" The witch asked politely, he looked happy enough, something that would come with having a good Christmas, she believed. Jax wasn't overly smiley most of the time, not sad, no, but not smiley either.

"Aren't you a little too young to know Journey? I don't know anyone born after 2002 who knows the song."

"That's because I was born in nineteen-ninety-eight." Victoria corrected the boy with a big smile. "Though, I agree, it's an old song, but my mommy likes the old songs the best. You know it too, I hear." She added, a fondness in her tone. "You sing nicely." She complimented, moving past the Nightshade to finish the last look around the edge of the forest.

"It's not here." Victoria said with a sigh a few minutes later, how could Freya have been so careless? And what in Merlin's name was she doing here?
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:01 pm

"Tell Merida thank you. Did you have a good Christmas?"

"Was alright," Jackson shrugged noncommittally. It wouldn't' be any use telling her how his christmas was. She probably had hers in a glass palace with golden plates and forks, sarrounded by fifty family members under a ten foot tall tree and a million presents. "Just me and Merida," she added, unsure why he even said that much. It wasn't like she would care.

"That's because I was born in nineteen-ninety-eight."

The boy let out a small chuckle as the kid mentioned a year of birth that was impossible for someone that tiny. At best she could be twelve, an undersized thirteen at most. What was it with kids and wanting to look grown up?

"I don't sing," he corrected her, perfectly ready to deny ever having hummed the first two lines of the song. "But if I did, I would stick to seventies and eighties music because everything turned to shit after we hit the millennium." It was a bitter feeling, even the world had reserved the worst genre of music for after Jax was born.

"What'cha looking for anyway?" he asked when the princess clearly failed to find something. it was also somewhat reassuring that she was in fact, looking for something and didn't just make it a habit to walk around like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 pm

"Just me and Merida,"

"That sounds nice." Victoria commented, genuinely believing that a quiet Christmas would be a nice change. "What did the two of you get up to?" The witch asked, Jax never did give up lots of information, or maybe it was just her Wormwood mannerisms that thrived on knowledge being given.

"But if I did, I would stick to seventies and eighties music because everything turned to shit after we hit the millennium."

The swear word made Victoria flinch slightly, she never liked such vulgarities, it was... not something she had to deal with often. "Even the fifties and sixties are better than some of the more modern music." Victoria contributed, thinking about some of the music that had come out more recently. "But that is probably because my mommy likes the rock and roll music for dancing."

When she was asked what she was looking for, Victoria gave in. "I was looking for my friend's ring. She lost it some how, and the whole of our dorm are out looking for it." She explained. "It seems that it's not here though, so I will have to tell Freya the bad news. How about you, what are you up to out here? Not getting in to trouble, I hope?" She asked, remembering Azalea's words about keeping the Nightshade out of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:41 am

"What did the two of you get up to?"

The Nightshade answered with a wordless shrug, Merida and his home and life may not be much but they were not open to sympathy and ridicule just because they weren't as fancy as others.

When the princess explained she was looking for a ring, that her entire dorm was looking for the ring, Jackson had to hold back a groan. What was wrong with this House? Taking out his wand noiselessly, the boy pointed it in a general direction. "Accio ring."

It would have looked really cool for the ring to have come flying at his word, but Jackson had never been blessed with such suave moves. It took two more tries and him feeling increasingly stupid until finally, a tiny thing that felt like a pebble hit him squarely in the solar plexus.

"Oww," the boy grimaced, reaching for the ring caught in the wool of his sweater. "This it?' he asked, not answering her final question just yet. Waiting to see if she'd skip away now that she had what she needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm

When Jax offered no reply to her question on how he spent Christmas, Victoria didn't push for one. If he didn't wish to share, then she would not make him. It was the funny thing about Jax, sometimes he gave information willingly, sometimes he told you just enough, and then other times he simply wouldn't answer. Silently, the witch wondered why he didn't talk, but that was not for now.

"Accio ring."

As Jax used the Summoning Charm that they were yet to learn in Charms, Victoria looked up hopefully at the boy. She'd read about the spell, but hadn't mastered it yet, but if Jax could... Victoria watched the boy repeat the spell another two times before something happened. When the Nightshade got hit in the stomach, Victoria moved to him, eyes flickering with worry as he said ow, but it didn't seem like any damage was done.

"This it?'

Looking at the ring in the boys hand, Victoria's smile grew larger than before. "It is! Thank you so much!" The witch told the boy, carefully reaching out to take it from him and putting it securely on her right hand ring finger. "Are you okay?" The witch asked, looking up at Jax to make sure he was okay. She wasn't in a rush to get back, the girls had likely given up inside anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 4:00 am

"It is! Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome," the Nightshade replied, Merida's manners taking over his tongue for a moment before he realized he was a rebel teen. "Whatever," he added to assuage both sides.

When the princess asked if he was okay, Jackson considered the usual approach of "yeah" and be on his way. And he would never be able to explain to himself why he didn't do just that. But as the princess looked at him what what appeared to be genuine, actual, real concern, concern she had no business showing for him or the stupid fairies he'd shown her last year in the mountain cave, the boy lowered his head.

"Been feeling pretty crap lately," he admitted though he suspected that was not her question. "Someone... wasn't all that nice to me," he explained before she jumped the gun and launched a thousand verbal guesses as to what could have happened to him.

"Its no big deal, just a bummer is all."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:00 pm

"Been feeling pretty crap lately,"

The smile on Victoria's lips faltered at those words. How could she smile when her friend was upset? And the light in her eyes slowly died out. Jax had always seemed so... full of life, in a way, that hearing him say his life wasn't great made the witch feel rather sad. The mention of someone not being very nice to him made Victoria feel worse. There had been a brief spell in her life where she had been bullied, and she couldn't think of anything worse.

Not even being held away from her family was worse than bullying.

"Its no big deal, just a bummer is all."

"No..." Victoria whispered, moving closer to the boy, thinking about hugging him but not completely sure he'd appreciate it. "Who wasn't very nice to you, Jax?" Victoria asked softly, looking up at the Nightshade for answers. "Or what did they say to you?" She amended, not sure if Jax would want to use names in that moment.

Seeing her friend like this wasn't nice, and the witch could only hope talking about it would help him.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:38 am

Just the way the princess physically deflated at the admission made Jackson cringe. Why had he even bothered, it was almost a given that the Wormwood would react as if the entire world had ended in one fell swoop, making his problem seemed apocalyptic in comparison to the mesley thing it actually was.

Sometimes Jackson wondered if the girl before him ever grew tired of overreacting to everything. But then again, probably not given her demeanor.

"Who wasn't very nice to you, Jax?"

"No one," the Nightshade managed curtly, determined not to evoke her over the top sympathy again. Why had he even thought she would react like a normal person, call the unknown offender a cunt and move on was beyond him. With the princess, everything needed hyper attention and detail and that was never going to be his style.

Jackson wished Carse was here instead, then they could at least laugh about it and move on.

"I was just going into the forest," the boy said, completely ignoring her next question in hopes that she'd drop the subject. "To see the harpies. They probably had a lonely Christmas so I figured I'd cheer them up, hunt them some meat."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:09 am

"No one,"

When Jax didn't reply as who had upset him, Victoria only nodded. Talking about problems wasn't always easy, she just had the luck of the draw with Jake and Azalea. Even Mary at times.

"I was just going into the forest,"

The witch's eyes lit up at this knowledge, and as Jax explained why, Victoria couldn't help but grow more excited. "Please may I come with you?" She asked, positively beaming up at the older boy with a mix of puppy eyes added for good measure.

"You did say you would take me some time. I promise I won't tell anybody!" She added, excitement radiating off of her. The thought of trouble didn't cross her mind, Victoria was going to see the Harpies!
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:55 am

"Please may I come with you?"

The boy debated the question in his mind. On one hand he had told her a while back that he would think about taking her. But on the other hand, her voice had the unique quality of trilling a hole into his skull. Maybe a compromise could be reached?

"If you promise to be really quiet." he finally allowed, deciding that some company might be better and well, she had - even if unknowingly - made him feel more of a person with her present. And he hadn't even written back. This trip would relieve him of any further obligations to be nice to her.

"And don't skip," he added as they started towards the thicket of trees. "The harpies get annoyed at skipping," Jackson rephrased for good measure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 am

"If you promise to be really quiet."

"I can be quiet!" Victoria replied happily, nodding in the silence after to show that she could do that as she looked up at the Nightshade excitedly.

"And don't skip,"

"No skipping..." Victoria replied warily, reverting to a walk as she followed Jax. As they moved in to the thicket of trees, Victoria subconsciously reached out and took a gentle hold of his jumper. She didn't want to get left behind, nor lost, so if she held on to the boy, she would be safe.

Though why the Harpies would get annoyed with her skipping, Victoria wasn't totally sure.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:20 am

"I can be quiet!"

"Yes well, that remains to be seen," the boy murmured under his breathe, managing to disguise the sentence as a particularly loud cough when, a moment later, the princes spoke up to confirm the no skipping pact.

But other than the slight slip up, the young brunette was good as gold and true to her words as they snaked their way through the Night Forest, the dense canopy of leaves overheard darkening their path the deeper the ventured in. Somewhere along the way, the princess reached for his jumper and Jackson let her. After all, if she got lost, finding her again would take a lot more time than he would care to spare.

It was funny really, the girl was almost pleasant company when she kept quiet. And by quiet Jackson noticed she walked quietly too. Not like most girls with clattering heels who made it their mission to step on every dry leaf and twig littering the forest floor. No, The Wormwood princess walked properly, even if Jackson had to keep his pace slow for her to not be left behind.

The duo walked for forty minutes noiselessly, traversing the fallen branches and roots poking through the grounds. At one point an entire family of squirrels crossed their path, hurrying along without paying much attention to the humans they weren't used to seeing.

Another twenty minutes of walking and Jackson unconsciously took her hand. They were approaching a more sinister part of the forest and he really couldn't afford to let the Wormwood get hurt.

Pointing with his finger, the boy gestured up to the branches of the thick trees they were now in the midst of, branches layered with nests that looked far too large.

Bringing one hand to his mouth, the Nightshade emitted a small, bird like cry into the dark blanket of trees overhead, his usual call for a Harpy. They came in flocks, all he needed was to catch the attention of one and the rest would follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:10 am

Victoria followed Jax in silence, holding his shirt and following his lead with a trust that had long since been established by the witch. Why she trusted him would be a mystery to most, but Victoria had a blind faith in the older Nightshade that she would never question.

For how long they walked, Victoria couldn't say, but her ears trained to the noise of the forest, and her feather-light steps gave nothing away. Being on her feet for only six months had not been a time of slacking, Victoria had worked hard to refine her steps, via dance and many other methods of exercise. Nobody needed to know how busy the Wormwood truly was, how hard she worked, the copious amount of extra curricular work she did. All to hopefully make someone incredibly proud of her one day.

It had been a slight shock when Jax took her hand, and for a solid five minutes, Victoria had walked looking at their joined hands. Boys didn't hold hands normally, and outside of her family, no boy had held her hand as they walked. It was unusual, especially with the boy in question, but the Wormwood eventually pushed it from her mind because the fact they were in the Night Forest was much more important right now.

When at last they stopped, Victoria subconsciously moved closer to Jax. It wasn't that she was scared, it was because they were completely surrounded by darkness save a few small rays of light that had forced their way through the canopy. The call made Victoria jump before she realised it was Jax, and her eyes moved up to the nests. Subconsciously the witch's free hand moved to her wand. Just in case.

"Where are they?" Victoria whispered to the boy, barely audible as her eyes continued to scan the trees for a harpy.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:29 am

"Where are they?"

"Shh," the boy replied, quietly reminding her of the no speaking pact they'd made earlier. Though now he could admit it was more for safety than anything else. The Harpies were vain creatures who liked the sound of their own high pitched cackle more than anything else.

Tapping a finger against her hand, the Nightshade gestured upwards into the shadows where something was starting to stir.

They came like clouds on a sunny day, grey and ammonius and just as suddenly. One moment it looked like a small dark blur moving under the canopy and then they were surrounded by the quiet whoosh of feathers as the huge birds flew downwards and settled on low hanging branches.

Tentatively, Jackson let out another shrill sound as before, only for it to echo throughout the area as though in hollow revulsion.

In reply, the first Harpy opened her beak:

"A Prince, he came,
With a Princess in tow,
Will they go back,
No one will know"

"Hello to you too Miss Hortense," Jackson smiled, bowing politely tot eh bird he had long since christened. Now that he got it talking, things would be smoother.

"He came all this way,
She came with him too,
Thus struck the path of fate,
And so it shall be true,"

The next bird chimed in, making the boy grin.

"And you too Miss Honoria, don't you look lovely today, new feathers coming in?" he asked easily, still not letting go of the princess' hand in case the harpies saw her as a different entity. She was safe as long as she was attached to him but away, the bird creatures had claws sharp enough and a tendency to go for the eyes first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:05 am

When the boy told her quite simply to shush, Victoria closed her mouth. She hadn't spoken loudly, but Jax had said no talking. An apology nearly left her lips but Victoria caught herself just in time. No use aggravating the Nightshade who had brought her to the creatures she really wanted to see.

The tapping alerted Victoria to a presence and her eyes followed Jax's motions to find a shadow. Nothing much could be seen, and the witch half wanted to move closer, but the fact Jax stayed still for all of this time meant that they had finished their excursion in to the forest.

When the first harpy appeared, Victoria's smile blossomed in to it's full glory. The bird like creature before her was amazing and the witch stood in awe as it spoke of a prince and princess. Riddles were of course what they were known for, but Victoria was more interested in the creature than the riddle, for now. Noting Jax bow, Victoria quickly curtsied to the bird before them, following his lead.

With the second half of the riddle though, Victoria realised that the harpies were talking about the duo. And as Jax talked of feathers, the Wormwood was hung on the words that came from the bird. Picking up on the name, Victoria looked to Jax inquisitively before her attention turned to the second bird. "What fate do you speak of, Miss Honoria?" The Wormwood asked, her voice as sweet as always and not in the slightest bit scared of the creatures. Creatures had always been her strong point, and Harpies did not frighten the witch.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:41 am

"What fate do you speak of, Miss Honoria?"

Jackson cringed when he heard the princes speak. Apparently silence was a no go with her. Holding her hand firmly to establish that they were one, the boy make sure to keep his eyes trained on the harpy, meeting its beady gaze with his own coal black one.

However, no outburst of attack came at the princess' question, only another riddle.

"I once knew a maiden,
pretty as can be.
She flew with Pheagles,
and crawled on her knees."

"Did you now," Jackson murmured soothingly, increasingly aware that more harpies were gathering around still, so much so that if they attacked, the two wouldn't stand a chance.

"She rose and she grew,
And then was buried beneath the sand.
But t'was not she that Death caught,
And returned to make amend."

"Don't worry, its not suppose dot make sense," the boy mouthed quietly as he reached out afree hand to carefully stroke the Harpy's long beak.

"Its all about pretty ladies then Miss Helaena, nothing about average looking young men?"

A loud cackling resounded around the cluster of trees, more and more harpies joining in with amusement.

"I once knew a boy as silly as pie,
Looked everywhere for something
found beneath his eye."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 am

Victoria's eyes darted from each Harpy inquisitively, this was so cool, and Jax had brought her hear. If she hadn't been intent on trying to keep quiet, the Wormwood would have been squealing with excitement by now. Jax's hand was tightening on her own for some reason, but Victoria didn't think about it. She was quite sure he was okay, they were both okay, the creatures just wanted to talk.

Pheagles... Victoria knew a Pheagle, but the crawling didn't make sense, she hadn't crawled when she was with them... She hadn't been able to move her legs... Oh... Victoria looked sideways at Jax in that moment, her eyes trying to correspond that she knew the riddle. Best to stay quiet like he'd asked... for now.

But Jax mouthed something, and the witch shook her head "It does!" She mouthed back, turning her attention back to the harpies.

"Its all about pretty ladies then Miss Helaena, nothing about average looking young men?"

Average looking men? Victoria wondered who Jax was talking about as she looked back up at him. Did he think he was average looking? Victoria shook her head slightly, before she realised that she was looking at Jax, really looking at Jax. There... wasn't anything average about Jackson Blake.

And that thought was worrying as Victoria's cheeks went bright red.

"I once knew a boy as silly as pie,
Looked everywhere for something
found beneath his eye."

"That's you!" Victoria mouthed, using her free hand to poke Jax's chest gently. How could he be so silly as to not see that? Riddles were easy enough when you took them logically. And Victoria had spent most of her life working on her logic.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:22 am

"That's you!"

Jackson scowled as the ungrateful child poked him in the chest. Call him silly will she? Of course it was the harpy that started it. And it looked like it wasn't done.

"Though he's fool,
he will one day rule.
With a pretty maid by his side,
through life roads they'll stride."

"Now now, is that any way to talk to someone who's going to point you to a lovely next of squirrels?" Jackson asked, keeping his tone low and amicable. An excited chirping and cawing rang around the trees, denoting the harpies' enthusiasm.

"Food food,
fresh meat we'll eat.
Food food,
Once again we'll meet."

"Only if you give us a proper riddle goodbye," the boy ventured cheekily, his movements becoming braver as he now stroked the glossy black feathers of the huge bird in front of him, his eyes carefully trained on its razor sharp talons currently curled around the branch.

"Fair thee well, fair thee well,
And if you ever break the spell.
In death lies truth,
and it comes for you.
but don't be afraid hold out thy hand,
for she walks with you, takes a stand.
Gifts are good and thou art blessed above,
for she stands invisible, the gift of love."

"Err... thank you," the boy replied, dismissing the riddle as soon as he'd heard it. Jackson had been visiting the harpies since his first year and non of them had ever made sense. Of course, that didn't stop the boy from enjoying their company.

Flicking out his wand with a free hand, the boy murmured a spell, and the streak of silver was lost in the cloud of black as all the harpies shot after it, leading them to the nest of squirrels as promised.

Tucking his wand back into his jeans, the boy tugged his companion's hand softly, gesturing for her to move. Their time was up and it was a long walk back to the clearing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:56 am

The scowl from Jax only made the witch smile back at him, he was silly for not seeing what was right in front of him. But that conversation wasn't for now as the Harpies continued to talk. It seemed, if her judgement was right, Jax was going to have a good life, though once more, she wouldn't say it out loud. Jax probably knew anyway, instead, the witch took to memorising the riddles, for later evaluation.

"Now now, is that any way to talk to someone who's going to point you to a lovely next of squirrels?"

"No, Jax!" Victoria breathed, looking up at the boy beside her, her eyes pleading with him to reconsider, but it was too late. The harpies knew what they wanted and Victoria merely looked at the boy in disbelief. There had been babies in that nest of squirrels! The witch looked back to the harpies, but they were already won over, so offering them something else, something from the kitchens, was a no.

Instead of thinking about the squirrels, Victoria reached up to touch the harpy like Jax, ever so lightly.

"Only if you give us a proper riddle goodbye,"

Victoria's hand retracted at that, listening to the harpies with interest. This riddle was longer and much more difficult for her to decipher, but she forced it in to her memory. Jax was non-plussed with the information, but Victoria would at least listen to them and try to solve them. A jet of light gave Victoria a start before she realised Jax had sent the harpies off, and as much as she wanted to stay for a little longer the Nightshade was already pulling her away.

Only when they were away from the clearing did Victoria speak again. "Did you get the last riddle?" She asked softly, still holding on to Jax's hand, for safety of course. "And why did you give them the squirrels? They're capable of hunting!" She insisted, trying to understand the boy beside her.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:01 am

The moment he offered up the squirrels, he could feel the princess tense beside him. Thank Merlin she had the sense to not bring it up until they were well clear of the harpies though. Not that Jackson expected any to lurk behind. One glimpse of his patronus and they flew pretty fast, conditioned to find food and entertainment at the end of the silver light.

"Did you get the last riddle?"

The Nightshade shook his head. "I don't listen to them anymore. Most of the time it doesn't make sense and it does no one good to try and make sense. Drives people insane. trying to work out their futures."

"And why did you give them the squirrels? They're capable of hunting!"

"And they'll hunt the squirrels," the boy finished, rolling his eyes at a passing tree. "Natural order of things, big carnivores eat little herbivores." There was no point explaining to her that this was how he'd gained their trust, and that if not for the promise o squirrels, they would have been just as happy to peck away on human flesh. The Wormwood saw right and wrong according to her and her alone.

The rest of the journey was spent in relative silence, Jackson guiding the brunette over fallen branches and surfacing roots via their joined hands. Finally, the canopy above them grew less dense, letting in shards of waning sunlight and warning the boy that they had been in the Night Forest a few hours.

Until at last the duo broke through the clearing, about twenty feet away from where they'd started. The outline of the castle was possibly the best thing the boy had seen all day, well, in addition to all the harpies.

"Phew, made it out without a scratch," the boy breathed, a grin stretching across his face as he looked up at the sky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:02 am

"I don't listen to them anymore. Most of the time it doesn't make sense and it does no one good to try and make sense. Drives people insane. trying to work out their futures."

"Well, they didn't give me much in the way to my own, but I know yours. Kind of." Victoria told the boy, smiling widely. Victoria didn't want to know her own future, she was happy in the here and now, but that didn't mean she couldn't work on deciphering Jax's. "You're going to get power one day, Jax. Lots of power..." Victoria summarised, smiling up at the boy. "Sounds like you're going to make your mu- like you're going to make Merida proud."

"Natural order of things, big carnivores eat little herbivores."

Victoria paid no attention to his matter-of-fact manner. She knew food chains, but that didn't mean Jax had to give up innocent baby animals. Deciding to fall in to silence with the boy, Victoria followed him back navigating the varying terrains with as much ease as the boy beside her. Finally breaking through in to the openness, Victoria finally relaxed.

"Phew, made it out without a scratch,"

"We did," Victoria echoed in much the same tone. She didn't let go of the boy as they took a moment. And then finally Victoria remembered something she hadn't said to the boy. "Sorry for breaking my silence earlier, Jax." The witch told him softly, before gathering all of her confidence and reaching up on tip toes, her lips gently touching his cheek. "And thank you for taking me to see the harpies." She added, innocence lacing her tones and her actions as she finally let go of his hand.

"It'll be our secret." The witch promised, slowly moving away but looking at the boy with a beaming smile. After no more than five steps, Victoria turned on her heel and skipped away, the soft sound of "I'm Walking on Sunshine" following after her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)   Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Stop Believing (Jackson & Victoria)
Page 1 of 1