Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ruining Everything (Josh)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ruining Everything (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:08 am

Reaching up, she slid off the hair band and let her hair hang loose, running her hand gently through it. The wind had died down slightly, but there was still a cool breeze blowing in her direction. A perfect ending to a perfect day, she thought. Smiling to herself, she stood up, but didn't move towards the castle just yet. Joe had already left a few minutes ago, and she knew that curfew was soon approaching, but the view was too nice to pass up. Gazing at the reflection of the sun in the ripple-free mirror before her, she sighed happily. She was really beginning to like - no, she corrected, love - Joe, as a friend and more.

Already she felt herself blushing at the thought of him, and she giggled softly. She had never before felt something like this towards a boy, and the fact marveled her; she never thought she would find love. Hearing footsteps originating from somewhere behind her, her grin widened. "Forget something?" she asked, not turning around. It had to be Joe, she figured. Who else would be here at this time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:34 am

Josh had been lurking out of sight. If anyone had dared to ask, he would have said he was doing his prefect duties and continued to scour the grounds for people outside the castle, reminding them of curfew. But in reality, Josh's real reason for being out by the lake was Joe Astrid.

The boy who was far too easy to manipulate and needed to be reminded frequently that he was nothing special.

As the Hufflepuff met up with the Gryffindor prefect he'd had the misfortune to be paired with at the beginning of term, Josh had settled, watching and waiting. It was an hour or so later that the Hufflepuff left, probably for prefect duties. When would the boy learn to not leave his toys out for others to play with.

Picking himself up from the ground, Josh moved towards the lake's shore.

And the Gryffindor.

"Forget something?"

"Joe did." Josh replied in no more than a whisper, kneeling down behind the Gryffindor. She'd have to turn to see him fully, but the Slytherin made sure that for now she couldn't as his fingers moved up to play with her recently freed hair. "So now I get to play." He added, his tone taking the darkened tones that were always noted when he was amused with Joe's lack of foresight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:54 am

"Joe did."

The voice did not belong to Joe, that much she knew, but couldn't exactly place it. She turned her head slightly, catching a glimpse of green. So it was a Slytherin. Feeling something beginning to reach into her hair, she pulled away. "Who in the-" she started, shifting around to avoid the person's fingers and get a better look at them. She stopped short when she saw Josh kneeling there. "Josh?" she asked, confused. All her past interactions with him had shown that the Slytherin had no interest in her whatsoever. What, then, was he doing here?

"So now I get to play."

Frowning deeply, she stood up, beginning to get angry. "Play?" she repeated his choice of words. "Do you really think I am a toy?" She laughed without a trace of humour in her voice. "Go away and leave me alone." Taking off in a brisk walk, she brushed past Josh and started in the direction of the castle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 7:48 am

"Josh?"

A smirk touched Josh's lips as the girl looked at him confused. The poor thing obviously thought Joe was capable of such things despite his stuttering diabolical mannerisms. "Who else?" Josh asked, amused at her naivety.

"Do you really think I am a toy?"

"Oh, no, that's Joe." Josh muttered, more to himself than the witch who'd asked the question. Bless her for thinking she was that important. Standing up as Brooke did, Josh's face remained devoid of emotion, because there was little and less enticing about this witch. That's why Joe wants her, Josh thought.

"Go away and leave me alone."

"I can't do that." Josh replied, turning to watch her walk. "And if you take another step away your little brother might just accidentally meet a bad fate. Or Joe might accidentally stumble over the side of the Astronomy Tower..." The threat was lightly put, not too unfamiliar from talking of the weather.

"Come here, Brooke." Josh whispered, because she would hear, he had no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:05 am

"Oh, no, that's Joe."

She didn't comment but those four words caused her mind to suddenly stop working. Although she didn't trust the Slytherin before her, she couldn't help but wonder what he meant by that statement. Joe was his... toy? Deciding it best to ignore him, she shot him a glare.

"And if you take another step away your little brother might just accidentally meet a bad fate. Or Joe might accidentally stumble over the side of the Astronomy Tower..."

Her entire body froze when she heard that. Surely he wouldn't... But something at the back of her mind told her that he was serious. Feeling the anger start to build up, she clenched her fist tightly, not daring to move. Slowly, very slowly, she turned around to face him, feeling the tips of her hair beginning to change to a darker shade of red as it did when she became enraged, which was very rare.

"Come here, Brooke."

She barely heard it over the sound of her mind yelling curses and profanities at him, but she did, and she knew she had to obey. In the heat of it all, blinded with anger at having Josh threaten two people she cared about, she snatched up her wand and marched straight over, pointing it directly in his face. "Don't. You. Dare. Hurt. Either. Of. Them," she spat, pronouncing each word out, one at a time to get her message clearly across.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 12:36 am

As the Gryffindor turned at the mention of harm coming to her friends, Josh's smirk began to grow. Oh, this was too easy, everyone was so easy to play when they became attached to things. It made his life so much easier though, watching the witch turn, her hair change with her temper.

Another easy point, Metamorphagus' were never good with keeping their emotions in check.

Then Brooke's wand was in his face, and the Slytherin had to try so very hard not to roll his eyes. Always so brash, these Gryffindors. Never really thinking about what they're doing until it was much too late for them to realise what they'd done.

"Don't. You. Dare. Hurt. Either. Of. Them,"

"That," Josh replied, his voice still no higher than a whisper as his hand moved up and prized the wand from her hand. "Is entirely up to your decisions." He explained, the snap of her wand announcing what he'd just done. "You play to my games, or your little brother ends up like this."

The explanation was given before Josh raised the snapped wand between them, his eyes really darkening as he watched her. "Do you understand, Walters?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 12:47 am

"That... is entirely up to your decisions."

A spell was forming on the tip of her tongue as she saw his hand move towards the wand, but before she could utter the simple words, the wand had been taken. There was a loud crack, as though one of them had stepped on a twig, but she knew neither of their feet had moved, and slow realization seeped in. He wouldn't have, would he? Her heart lurched, wanting to look down at his hands, but also not wanting to take her eyes off of his; she chose the latter.

"You play to my games, or your little brother ends up like this."

Another flash of movement and her broken wand was hanging limply in front of her, and she switched focus onto it. "Tristan..." she whispered, the impact of his words really hitting home. What did she ever do to Josh for him to come at her like this?

"Do you understand, Walters?"

She gave a curt nod, finally dropping her gaze. "If I do what you want, you'll leave him alone, so just tell me what it is you need," she said softly, her voice threatening to break. Anything for my family, she thought to herself. Anything at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:10 am

"Tristan..."

As the realisation dawned on the witch's face as to what she'd be getting herself in to, Josh's smirk widened. The words didn't need acknowledging, the Gryffindor was clever enough to realise that she had the right answer. Because the truth was quite plainly in view between them.

"If I do what you want, you'll leave him alone, so just tell me what it is you need,"

With those simple words, the Gryffindor had handed herself over to his will, and there was no denying that Josh was a little disappointed that she had given in so easily. Though, this would just make the tormenting of Joe all that bit easier. The conversation was already clear in Josh's head.

"She gave herself so willingly to me, Astrid, how could you ever think you were good enough for her?"

The way Astrid would question the witch with his eyes before giving in to the inevitable. Oh, this was going to bring him so much pleasure. "For now..." Josh whispered, moving closer to the meek Gryffindor. "I just need you." He explained, the almost loving words coming out so cold and icy that there would never be any denying she was just a game. Letting go of her wand, Josh's hand moved up to the witch's face, almost daring her to move for the repercussions it would bring.

Then slowly, Josh's lips descended on hers, firmly, proving that she was now his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:27 am

She waited, not able to bring herself to look up at him. Seconds ticked by, and the ant she had been following with her eyes had gone into a hole, disappearing from view. What was the Slytherin waiting for? She had already told him what he wanted to hear; that she would obey him. That was what he wanted, wasn't it? After what seemed like forever, she heard his barely audible voice and saw a shadow casting over the rock she was now looking at, knowing he had moved closer to her.

"I just need you."

She saw her wand hit the rough ground and roll down towards some grass. "Wha-" she started, but was interrupted when she felt his hand make contact with her face. Flinching slightly at his touch, she forced herself to remain still, to keep breathing. Tristan's face was all she could see, even as Josh's came closer and closer. Closing her eyes so she didn't have to watch what she knew was coming, she counted the seconds till she felt his lips come in contact with hers. Her first kiss, taken by a someone she barely knew. And for what? That she didn't know.

Joe's face flashed in her mind and she felt the tears start to form, but she would not let them fall. Her own moral conscience would not allow her to keep this from him, and she briefly wondered how he would react. Surely he would know she loved him and would never dream of cheating? But those thoughts were replaced instantly by ones of Tristan, and she knew she had no choice but to let Josh have his way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:39 am

The slight flinch was the normal reaction to this situation, Josh knew that, but the girl was good enough to know what was expected. Knew enough not to go running. And all because she cared too much for one person. This is why Josh didn't have friends, didn't care for his family. They were a weakness, and Josh didn't have weaknesses.

Josh held the kiss for as long as reasonably possibly, giving time for the damage to infest the younger Gryffindor's mind before he finally pulled away.

But his hand still stayed against the side of her face, thumb brushing her cheek softly. "I'm sure Joe will be very proud of your right now." Josh told the witch, the hint of Joe being exactly the opposite of proud evident in the way he spoke. "Remember him, every time you see me, won't you. And don't ever stop picturing him in your mind when you kiss me.

"You're going to break him, Walters. You and your weaknesses, they're going to break him." Josh whispered, allowing one last soft caress of her cheek before his hand dropped to his side. "I'll find you when I need you again." Josh told her, the edge of promise in his tone as he stepped around her and began to make his way back up to the castle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Te   Ruining Everything (Josh) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:04 am

How long passed before the Slytherin finally pulled away, she didn't know, nor did she ever want to find out. It had to be the worse thing she'd ever done, and already she felt the urge to throw up. But Josh's hand was still on her face, and with each stroke of his thumb against her cheek, she felt more and more repulsed.

"I'm sure Joe will be very proud of your right now. Remember him, every time you see me, won't you. And don't ever stop picturing him in your mind when you kiss me."

How tempting it would be to bring her leg up and kick the boy where it hurt most. But she didn't, because she had heard his warnings and knew he had meant them. She would prove him wrong, she thought, she would keep on loving Joe, because he was the first person she'd ever loved and she never wanted to lose him.

"You're going to break him, Walters. You and your weaknesses, they're going to break him."

He finally stopped touching her, and she felt relief, but a sense of horror as she noted the truth of his statement. She had to convince Joe that she did love him, that Josh had forced her to do it. And what were these weaknesses he was talking about? Caring for someone? Surely that was natural of any human being...

"I'll find you when I need you again."

She didn't reply, merely standing there, still, as she heard him walk away. When she next looked up, he was nothing but a shadow in the distance, and it was only then that she let the flood gates loose. The tears that she had been holding back all came at once, pouring down from her eyes uncontrollably, and she started to run. Running until she was too tired to run anymore, and then she fell down, somewhere in the forrest, and began to weep. It was only hours later that she emerged, eyes red and swollen, slipped into her dorm, and went into a deep sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruining Everything (Josh)   Ruining Everything (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruining Everything (Josh)
Page 1 of 1