Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The truth comes out (Thaza closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

The truth comes out (Thaza closed) Empty
PostSubject: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 4:46 am

Thana had a stressful week, between school and getting her new identity finalised, she needed some alone time. Unfortunately, it was rare to find alone time in Hogwarts. So Thana had a thought, she would go where not many people would be. The Greenhouses, she took her bag and walked to one. They usually had class here, she went in and sat down. Near some beautiful but deadly plants, she was well hidden from the outside.

Thana pulled out her sketchbook and started drawing. She sketched what she saw, the greenhouse, the plants, even the small insects that were there. She was lost in her own world, all her thoughts from the week finally starting to settle down. She had failed miserably in DaDA, helped Louise, and was still conversing with the Ministry. She had to send letters back and forth, signatures, everything. Thana needed this time, this was her special thing she did. Sketching, she wasn't good at talking. So she sketched her thoughts, she had already sketched her failing in DaDA, amongst other things. She was happily sketching some flowering plants. Not noticing that she had started softly singing to herself.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Over time, Azalea's greenhouse had become something of a safe haven to students, a fact that the witch did not mind in the least. Now and then someone would drop by for a chat, to look at different plants, inquire about homework or just because they were in dire need of chocolate. And rather than attributing the popularity of her classroom to her own welcoming nature, the witch rather thought it was because the plants were coming.

She had been working in the back with poison berries when the American witch heard someone enter, but instead of announcing themselves, the student merely took a seat, drawing and humming quietly to herself. A moment of thinking reminded Azalea that the girl in question was Thana Semele, one of her hardworking Ravenclaws.

Not wanting to disturb the young lady's peace, Azalea crept up behind Thana quietly, looking over the young witch's shoulder at her neat and detailed drawings. It seemed a lot of her students liked to sketch.

"That looks pretty good," she praised the girl, motioning to the drawing of flowers Thana was currently busy with. "Good enough to go professional, I'd say."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Thana heard the witch behind her, before quickly slamming her book shut. "Ah..thanks" she said awkardly. She noticed it was Professor Aza, "Hey ah Professor" Thana said, Professor Azalea was a nice professor, in her opinion, always helpful. Her class was one of the few interesting ones she had, at least she made her class informative. "Sorry, I don't know if I'm allowed here or not...I just wanted some space" Thana said to the Professor. Hoping she wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyFri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

"Hey ah Professor"

"Hi Thana," the witch replied easily, her body language relaxed to show that the young prefect wasn't in any trouble. "Sorry if I startled you. You just seemed to happy drawing and I didn't want to disturb you," she explained, taking a seat right on the ground beside the Ravenclaw.

"Sorry, I don't know if I'm allowed here or not...I just wanted some space"

"I understand," Azalea answered seriously. "And don't worry about permission, my greenhouse is always open to students. Isn't it a saying in this school, help will always be given to those who ask for it," the witch commented lightly. She had read that in one of the more dramatic historical account of the British war about a decade ago.

"Is everything alright," she ventured tentatively in case the girl needed space as well as someone to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptySat May 24, 2014 1:00 am

"And don't worry about permission, my greenhouse is always open to students. Isn't it a saying in this school, help will always be given to those who ask for it," Thana heard her Professor say, noting she took a seat next to her. "Thanks Professor" she said, before listening to Professor Azalea's next question. "Is everything alright," She was asked, Thana thought for a while before answering. "Professor, everything a student tells their teacher remains confidential...Doesn't it?" she asked Professor Aza,

Thana really wanted to talk to someone right now, to confide in them..Someone who could help her make sense of everything. But most of all, she wanted to be able to trust someone, Sure she had Lucas...But he didn't always understand, he was a male.. Thana needed a female she could talk with right now, someone who would understand and who would be able to keep her secret. Without even thinking about it, she touched her mark on her left arm through the layers of clothing she wore. There were many secrets that Thana hid underneath her many layers of clothing, and there was one that she could never admit to. She had tattoo's yes, of course she didn't tell anyone about them, but she had them. But this mark, this was one she could tell anyone, not even if she wanted to.

And Thana desperately wanted to tell someone, to confide in them. She had many secrets, and she wanted to have someone who she could trust. She hoped it would be Professor Aza, she liked Professor Aza. She liked her classes, at least Professor Aza made them interesting. At times Thana would get sick of having a memory like hers, she liked hands on options, and Professor Aza often gave her that chance.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptySat May 24, 2014 2:10 am

"Professor, everything a student tells their teacher remains confidential...Doesn't it?"

While Azalea had suspected that the girl may have a lot on her mind, she hadn't' expected an outright question that most certainly led to a confession of some sort. Azalea didn't mind of course, she was always happy to listen to her students. But she was worried about this girl now.

"Of course," she reassured Thana with a warm smile. "Everything you say to me will go no further than myself," she promised the prefect kindly, her gentle brown eyes trained on the girl in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptySat May 24, 2014 2:48 am

Thana felt better by being reassured that Professor Aza wouldn't tell anyone. It didn't make her choice any easier. "Professor, I am not sure where to start...I never tell people my problems" Thana said to her, "If you haven't noticed..I'm not exactly like the other students...and that's coming from the magic world.." she told her Professor. Fidgeting awkwardly with a pencil. She had always been good at pen tricks, having had nothing else to do in Azkaban. She would practice for hours, even days on end. She didn't even think about it anymore. Thana changed her body language then, she leant over and grabbed her bag. "Professor I cant...explain with words...So I draw..It would be the easiest way to explain.." Thana said, pulling out books, all filled with drawings.

She hoped that the Professor would be able to understand them. They told her story, of Azkaban, of her being a death eater. Of her life, her parents deaths. She drew what she saw, all pictures capturing in explicit detail her memories. They were all realistic, anatomically correct. She gently handed over her books to her Professor. "This is why I miserably failed at Professor Jake's class. Why I can't do a patronus..." She explained. She then looked down awkwardly, she got embarrassed about being so open all of a sudden. She suddenly wanted to leave, but she didn't want to at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:58 am

"Professor, I am not sure where to start...I never tell people my problems"

Azalea simply nodded, not saying anything for the moment and letting the Ravenclaw talk. Most people didn't understand the importance of simply being there and listening but through her years of teaching, Azalea knew, and she listened.

"Professor I cant...explain with words...So I draw..It would be the easiest way to explain.."

Or rather, saw. The American witch saw the notebook Thana held up, her brown eyes taking in page after page of intricate design. A girl in charcoal with two parents on what looked like a beach, a plane symbolizing the move to england, death eaters as Azalea remembered from history books, the same parents lying dead, prison bars, pages after pages of bars and dementors, captured from life, the brunette presumed.

The Ministry of Magic logo dominated the later drawings, drawings of official people saying oficial things and then Thana once more as she stood now, in her Ravenclaw robes.

But it as the last page that broke Azalea's heart the most, a close up of the witch's arm, the dark mark carved in breathtaking detail.

"Oh sweetie," Azalea breathed, shutting the notebook and gently laying it aside. "Come here," she offered, opening her arms for the Ravenclaw. If any child deserved a hug, it was this one.

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Tue May 27, 2014 4:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Thana watched as Profesor Aza went through one of her books, looking, clearly understanding what was in the book. She understood her past, Thana looked down as the Professor came to her final drawing. Her Dark Mark.   "Oh sweetie, come here" Thana heard the Professor say, opening her arms to her. Thana shook her head, "I don't touch people" she said honestly. Besides, she had never hugged people it wasn't her thing. She just fidgeted with her hands and her pencil. "My father made sure that when I touched people I hurt them" she told the Professor. "So I don't want to hurt you"

Her Father was Voldemort, the Dark Lord. They had no blood relation, but he adopted her and became her whole family after her murdered hers. He forced her to watch people being killed, and made her kill. She hated it, but it was what she had to do. Her Father trained her to be a killer, both in the Dark Arts and with her hands. She could kill a person like she could snap a twig. Her Father abused her Isolde, making her use it as a destructive force rather than a healing one. When she was awoken after fourteen years she was told that Voldemort had been killed, she didn't cry. She didn't feel anything, she thought that the Ministry was going to kill her too, but they didn't. They offered her a new life, a new identity. All they wanted was to know about her gifts, gifts she still couldn't explain, through time, she hoped she would be able to explain and understand them. "This is why I am away a few days a week..And..and why I failed Professor Jake's class..I can't produce a Patronus..I don't have any happy memories" she told Professor Aza.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:04 am

"My father made sure that when I touched people I hurt them" she told the Professor. "So I don't want to hurt you"

Azalea shook her head sadly, taking in the Ravenclaw in front of her. It Was the same with so many kids who felt they were moulded in the image of their so called parents.

"Sweetheart, you would only hurt me if you really wanted to," Azalea coaxed, reaching out for the girl. "And as you said before, you don't want to hurt me, so you can touch me, its fine," she explained in a soothing voice. This girl had been led to believe she was harmful and that was the worst kind of thing possible for a child.

"I understand that something awful happened to you Thana but that mark, that girl was in the past. You no longer have to live in your father's shadow. You are now free to be whatever you want to be." It would be hard at first but Azalea had faith in the girl, just as she had faith in every human being and how they could steer themselves off a certain path if they tried.

"I think you would never hurt me, and I find that when it gets so hard that you don't have faith in yourself, it really helps when other people have faith in you."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 5:05 am

"I think you would never hurt me, and I find that when it gets so hard that you don't have faith in yourself, it really helps when other people have faith in you." Thana heard Aza say, she noticed that she was comfortable around Thana. Thana wished she could be the same, She carefully and almost..hesitantly touched Professor Aza. Awkwardly and still hesitantly hugging her, enjoying the physical touch of someone. She hadn't had the for a very long time, "Thankyou Professor" she said to Professor Aza. "Thankyou for understanding..." she held back tears, she hadn't hugged in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 5:16 am

"Thankyou Professor" she said to Professor Aza. "Thankyou for understanding..."

"Its alright sweetie," Azalea murmured, running a hand up and down the Ravenclaw's back in comfort. Thana's hug was as awkward as Azalea's was warm and embracing and the Herbologist made sure her student knew that. "Everything will turn out alright," she added, stroking the girl's hair gently.

"Anytime you need a hug, you can come down here. You're always welcome to the greenhouse and as many hugs and chocolate wands as you like," Azalea soothed, still holding the girl close, letting her know that she wasn't some weapon of mass destruction. When all was said and done, Thana was still a girl, a girl who needed to be reminded that she was important, that she mattered in the world.

That someone cared for her.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:50 am

"Anytime you need a hug, you can come down here. You're always welcome to the greenhouse and as many hugs and chocolate wands as you like," Professor Aza offered, still holding Thana. Thana gently broke away, "Thanks Professor, but I can't take you up on the chocolate offer, not only am I a health freak...I'm also a diabetic" she explained. "That's why when I failed Professor Jake's class..I didn't eat the chocolate" Thana moved against the wall, it was more comfortable for her. "Professor, you must think I am a terrible student," she said, almost smiling. "I mean..I must be the worse you have ever had so far, I apologize if I wander off or go blank. I do know what you are teaching" she promised her Professor.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:07 am

"Thanks Professor, but I can't take you up on the chocolate offer, not only am I a health freak...I'm also a diabetic"

"Hey guess what," Azalea nudged the Ravenclaw as she moved away, trying to show that physical contact was still possible. "I don't eat chocolate either, I just give them away to people," she admitted honestly, storing the information about diabetes away.

When Thana apologized for being a terrible student, the brunette only shook her head.

"You know, when I was a student, I was terrible at Defense," she confessed, her mind travelling back to her final two years with Miss Teagan. "I couldn't do anything with a wand and I felt so useless just standing in class, lesson after lesson internally yelling at my wand to do something. Until my teacher pulled me aside and told me my magic was different, that just because everyone else did it with a wand didn't mean I had to do it as well."

Pausing, Azalea let the prefect digest the information. "And I firmly believe in what my teacher said. You aren't terrible at any class, not even Professor Newbury's, you just need to find your own way to do things and that's perfectly alright."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:17 pm

"I couldn't do anything with a wand and I felt so useless just standing in class, lesson after lesson internally yelling at my wand to do something. Until my teacher pulled me aside and told me my magic was different, that just because everyone else did it with a wand didn't mean I had to do it as well."
Professor Aza told Thana, she just laughed softly. "I don't need a wand to do magic" she blurted out by accident. Oh well, it was too late now. "It's not that I am bad at DADA, I've just always been on the wrong side of it, did you want some celery?" Thana asked, pulling out a lunchbox with sticks of celery and a tub of Vegemite. She offered it to Professor Aza.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:57 am

"It's not that I am bad at DADA, I've just always been on the wrong side of it, did you want some celery?"

Taken aback slightly by the change of topic, Azalea excepted the celery stick gratefully. "Thank you," she said politely, biting down on the stick and chewing her piece before she spoke again.

"Thana, the key word here is "been", you were on the wrong side but now, now you have a choice. You make your decisions and you know what, I think you are going to make ones that are responsible, and help rather than hurt."

The situation was not one Azalea had never seen before. But Thana needed to know that she was no longer the girl in the book. She was now her own person, free to make her own choices and live life the way she wanted to.

"You can make friends, you can do good, you can do everything you always wanted away from your older influences," she encouraged the Ravenclaw.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 am

"You can make friends, you can do good, you can do everything you always wanted away from your older influences," Professor Aza told Thana, Thana didn't agree entirely. "Not exactly Professor, the Ministry keeps a firm eye on me, they make sure I check in at least twice a week, and I have to go do tests when they want it" she accidently blurted out. She hadn't meant to tell the Professor what went on when Thana visited the Ministry. "But at least I get to finally come to Hogwarts, even if I did miss the younger years, Professor Lucas helps a lot as well" she said, happily eating her celery and vegemite.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:49 pm

"But at least I get to finally come to Hogwarts, even if I did miss the younger years, Professor Lucas helps a lot as well"

"Well, there you go, something positive for you to focus on," the Herboligist pointed out, once again highlighting the good points and refusing to dwell on the past.

"I'd say keep focus on the things that relax and make you happy and soon, you'll find being at peace isn't such a chore," the witch explained.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:28 pm

"I'd say keep focus on the things that relax and make you happy and soon, you'll find being at peace isn't such a chore," Thana heard Professor Aza say, Thana just nodded. "I know Professor, that's what I really want" she said. Thana looked at her watch, it was rather late, way past curfew.

"Well it's way past curfew, and I am going to need some sleep, so goodnight Professor...And thankyou..for everything" Thana said, getting up easily and gathering her things. "Thankyou for...understanding, I'll see you next class!" she told Professor Aza, cleaning up quickly and walking out. Thana felt better now that someone knew her secret, someone other than Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The truth comes out (Thaza closed)   The truth comes out (Thaza closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

The truth comes out (Thaza closed)
Page 1 of 1